You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Spider-Man: Back in Black [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man: Back in Black

JustJon
10-23-2007, 09:27 AM
So I picked up the Spidey black costume hardcover last week and it was half good, half meh.

The Staczynsky Amazing Spider-man was really well done. It just conveyed the anger and pathos of Aunt May being shot at the end of Civil War. No quips, no jolly crime fighting, just a man on a mission for justice and revenge. Really well done.

On the other hand is Peter David's Spider-man was a standard Spidey/Sandman story where they glance at Aunt May's peril once or twice. With some weird ass time travel, and supernatural spider thing, it really did not fit with the first half of the book. Did really enjoy the Wieringo art, but I've been a fan since his Flash run.

I hadn't read any of Peter David's run up until now and have no desire to read more. If the rest of Straczynsky's run had been up to the quality of the Black Costume story, I never would have quit.

But how did Peter hide the black costume where he did for so long if the webbing only lasts an hour?

Sheeplovr
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
im waiting for find out aunt may is a skrull

JustJon
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
The only Skrull I know so far is Elektra from the last page of the last New Avengers hard cover. Besides, wouldn't she have shifted back after a near fatal shooting and a coma?

Justice4all
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
So I picked up the Spidey black costume hardcover last week and it was half good, half meh.

The Staczynsky Amazing Spider-man was really well done. It just conveyed the anger and pathos of Aunt May being shot at the end of Civil War. No quips, no jolly crime fighting, just a man on a mission for justice and revenge. Really well done.

On the other hand is Peter David's Spider-man was a standard Spidey/Sandman story where they glance at Aunt May's peril once or twice. With some weird ass time travel, and supernatural spider thing, it really did not fit with the first half of the book. Did really enjoy the Wieringo art, but I've been a fan since his Flash run.

I hadn't read any of Peter David's run up until now and have no desire to read more. If the rest of Straczynsky's run had been up to the quality of the Black Costume story, I never would have quit.

But how did Peter hide the black costume where he did for so long if the webbing only lasts an hour?

Pardon me for asking this seemingly silly question, but didn't Aunt May DIE several years ago and her last words were admitting she knew Peter was Spider Man all along?

JustJon
10-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Pardon me for asking this seemingly silly question, but didn't Aunt May DIE several years ago and her last words were admitting she knew Peter was Spider Man all along?

We covered that in the Iron Man thread last week. Norman Osbourne faked her death.

Justice4all
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
We covered that in the Iron Man thread last week. Norman Osbourne faked her death.

Ahhhh gotcha. And Norman Osborne is still alive how..........???

This is what happens when you stop reading comic books.
If I hit the lottery I am buying Sheepy's comic store and not moving for 2 months to catch up on storylines.

TheMojoPin
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Ahhhh gotcha. And Norman Osborne is still alive how..........???

Complete bullshit, even by comic standards. If my memory serves me correct, the chemicals that gave him his strength and drove him nuts somehow also magically gave him ye olde healing factor. So he wakes up in the morgue, pays off a ton of people, replaces his body with a drifter who magically looked so much like him that it fooled all of his friends and his own fucking son and then vamooses to Europe, where he spent years making a ton of money and fucking with Peter Parker's life in secret.

Norman is a great villain, and some very cool stuff has been done with him since he came back (the recent storyline with him working for Stark and running the Thunderbolts was fantastic), but his comeback is impossibly ludicrous.

Sinestro
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
If I hit the lottery I am buying Sheepy's comic store and not moving for 2 months to catch up on storylines.

Why bother? Don't they re-do story lines over and over and change histories every now and then? So what's the point?

ToLEEdo
10-24-2007, 07:31 AM
im waiting for find out aunt may is a skrull

I am beginning to believe that you believe that everyone is a skrull, sheepy. Maybe, this is because you yourself are a skrull indeed.

Possibility of Skrull Universe??

cougarjake13
10-24-2007, 02:57 PM

yeh i bowed out of the spidey comics after the black costume run