You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Time To Move From Sundays [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Time To Move From Sundays

lleeder
10-27-2007, 07:15 PM
When WWF started doing Pay-Per-Views sunday nights were completely open they had no competition. In recent years sundays have become a big television night. The NFL now even has Sunday Night Football as its main show of the week. I think its time for WWE to move their shows off of sundays. Go to a night with less competition maybe it will increase buy rates I doubt it but it might be worth it to try. Why not a friday or saturday show?

Bossanova
10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Most people go out on Fridays and Saturdays

Hottub
10-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Except losers like us!:glurps:

lleeder
10-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Except losers like us!:glurps:

Way to rub it in :thumbdown::surrender::glurps::sad::blink: :wallbash: :help:

lleeder
10-27-2007, 07:27 PM

That doesn't stop boxing and UFC from doing it on those nights.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Sunday has been always seen as the day of sports so I don't think it makes a difference when they're ppv's are. If the quality of it is crap, then so will the buyrates.

Bossanova
10-27-2007, 07:36 PM
That doesn't stop boxing and UFC from doing it on those nights.

Boxing has always been on Saturdays, and its not EVERY month. Plus the Main Event is at like midnight half the time. UFC is fucking awesome and has a cult following. WWE should cut the amount of PPV's and improve them. They aren't much better than RAW

Kevin
10-27-2007, 08:19 PM

You are talking about Wresttling fans...

Yea....
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvTNyKIGXiI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvTNyKIGXiI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

whorehay
10-27-2007, 08:42 PM
doesnt anyone remember the classic that was Tuesday in Texas??

epo
10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Sunday has been always seen as the day of sports so I don't think it makes a difference when they're ppv's are. If the quality of it is crap, then so will the buyrates.

Exactly. Vince is shoving dogshit down our throats...and for some reason the buyrates are down......Hmm....I wonder why!

Chimee
10-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Don't forget Taboo Tuesday. That did so well they changed the name and ran it on Sundays.

conman823
10-28-2007, 12:08 AM
The quality needs to be there before someone will buy it over watching Sunday Football etc. also I think a major part of the low buys is the PPV overkill all year. Who the fuck wants to pay for 2 PPVs a month? It waters it down and it becomes like paying for RAW. No more than 6 PPVs a year, a few NBC/USA specials on an early Sunday and i think buys and ratings would go up.

King Hippos Bandaid
10-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Have the Pay Per Views go on at the RAW time, people are set on watching wrestling then, During the Football Year, I would place the PPVs on a Tues or Weds 8-11

:king:

Bossanova
10-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Seriously, is anyone going to watch a PPV with a main event of Batista vs. Khali

lleeder
10-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Seriously, is anyone going to watch a PPV with a main event of Batista vs. Khali

I agree but I think the impact of the NFL can't be ignored. Having a pay-per-view go up against the marque game of the week hurts the audience. WWE can't afford to lose viewers to the NFL. They both have a similar target audience, men.

cougarjake13
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I agree but I think the impact of the NFL can't be ignored. Having a pay-per-view go up against the marque game of the week hurts the audience. WWE can't afford to lose viewers to the NFL. They both have a similar target audience, men.

but its not every week, the wwe only goes head to head with the nfl once a month

and they're already losing a ton of viewers to ufc so to move to saturdays and try to compete with the ufc and fringe fans that might watch it on a sunday but wont if its on a saturday isnt a smart idea

i mean right now its cool to watch ufc, so to have people say lets go to a bar and watch the fight is the norm, but if you said that about wwe you'd get laughed in your face,

now these are the fringe wwe fans i'm talking about, hardcore wwe fans will watch no matter what and the wwe isnt worried about them, just the fringe fans that cause the buyrates to go up or down

and i agree, if you put out a better product people will watch