You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Sleeves CD "Mighty Horse" Available Now [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeves CD "Mighty Horse" Available Now

mikeyboy
10-29-2007, 07:30 AM
As many of you know, Sleeves is putting on a stage version of his award winning podcast "Atoms, Motion and the Void" in New Hampshire this winter. He is planning to have the production filmed so that he can generate interest in staging it elsewhere through a DVD. In order to finance this part of the project, he is selling CDs of the songs he created for the Ron & Fez Show. The track list is as follows:

1. It Takes A Rube
2. Fez of the Flies
3. Comet McDonald
4. I Christmas Thee
5. Beat & Breathe
6. Mighty Horse
7. The Mick's Metaphor
8. Rocka-Hula-Luao
9. Ron & Fez Powers Activate!
10. Bunsen
11. Radio War!

CDs are $10.00. Please support Sleeves by picking up a copy here (http://kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZXMXRX).

http://kunaki.com/ProductImage.ASP?T=I&ST=FO&PID=PX00ZXMXRX

Lawson
10-29-2007, 07:49 AM
I'd like 84 please...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/MrLawsonsPics/mightystocking.jpg

And then I'll buy some to give away!

foodcourtdruide
10-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Purchased!

Furtherman
10-29-2007, 08:18 AM
This should be merged with the "Sleeves CD "Monkey House" Available Now" thread.

:laugh:

Sleeves
10-29-2007, 08:29 AM
thanks Mikeyboy!

Mr. MB himself suggested that I write up a little thing about the origin of each of the songs. So here's my best recollection of the songs and what inspired me...

1. It Takes A Rube – Ron & Fez went out for a nice steak dinner – and Fez was due to pay. Their waiter was an elderly fellow who shared a bit too much of his past (he showed them all a picture of his younger self, told them a story about how he used to box in the old days)…Anyway, the bill came and Fez went to work on it, calculating the tip, etc. When the waiter returned to get the tab, he was overwhelmed by Fez’s generosity. Warm embraces followed. As it turned out, Fez had overtipped by 363%. Or some such Guinness Book style record.

2. Fez of the Flies – Fez joined along in O&A’s “Homeless Shopping Spree” at the Short Hills Mall and ended up as the featured “homeless” man in the photograph accompanying the story that appeared on The Drudge Report. I loved how upside down the whole thing was. I believe No Filter Paul also sprayed Fez in the eyes with perfume...or maybe I'm dreaming...

3. Comet McDonald – After Dave was kicked off the show. I didn’t know if it was permanent or not and I was really sad (really!). Of course, he came back really quickly and I felt dumb for being all broken up.

4. I Christmas Thee – I remember Ron was really down on Christmas, down on the whole corporate invasion aspect and holiday brainwashing…and trying to figure out why people got so giddy about presents…I was kind of trying to get to the bottom of what Christmas really is for me. Not all the presents and stuff…but secretly a celebration of a certain kind. And that it was that, more than anything, that made people happy. Kind of like the dumb old Whos down in Whoville. Just the word the Who. I think people like holidays not just for the trappings, but for the big warm hearted thing below. But then it’s hard to distinguish such things. It can get confused and you can start to think that you love Christmas because of all the gifts, when really it’s the human thing below that’s working you up.

5. Beat & Breathe – After ESD and Westside Claire broke up, I was really moved by his sadness. I remember he really couldn’t come to terms with it. This song was about the pain of breaking up and the need to move on.

6. Mighty Horse – This was my first non-piano song. I love doing piano songs, but I kept feeling an energy drop whenever my songs played and I wanted to start doing songs that matched the energy of the show a little closer. This came out of a Free FM show and I could feel the song showing up as I listened. Sometimes the Ron & Fez show has an incredible “singular” energy – when everything is flowing and as a listener I’m totally engrossed. Kind of like watching a really good movie or reading a really good book. While I listened, I was feeling really possessed by the need to do a song about Mighty Horse…I was really drawn to the Radio Shark's list of "grafitty"...his little list kept going over and over in my head...backwards swasticker...the road runner...loved it!

7. The Mick's Metaphor – I love how Dave speaks. Every kind of language/thinking misstep is available to him. Spoonerisms, syllogisms, illogic and mixed metaphors. I don’t hold any of this stuff against him and I really think Dave is a bright guy. There is a brilliance in the madness I say! To write this song, I read thru Lleeder’s thread on “ESD’s Blown Line of the Day” and then I just started stitching certain things together…Zhippy tao!

8. Rocka-Hula-Luao – This one felt like Mighty Horse. Listening to the show that this came from, I was incredibly focused on the nature of this very strange party, the Rocka-hula-luao. It was like being a kid and hearing about some wild thing that the adults did. This was the first song I did with Plethora (guitar) & Lawson (drums) of Ronfez.net. Both of them are excellent players – much better than I am. I’m actually a pretty poor musician! It’s actually easier for me to write a song, than play a song and most of my songwriting time is spent trying to learn how to play the simple things I write.

9. Ron & Fez Powers Activate! – This was kind of a non-specific song. Another one with Plethora on guitar and Lawson on Drums. I just became aware of a lot of “things” happening around Ron & Fez. Even as far myself – I had never really done anything like this. I’d never really been on stage, I’d never had my music played. So for me, Ron & Fez are a part of my own opening up toward the world. I feel like the very nature of the show helps people move a little closer toward themselves…There’s a level of realness that you don’t get anywhere else. Ron's doing what he wants to do and he's so good at it and it seems so easy, that it makes "being yourself" seem like a valuable thing to do. Before I even started this one, I wrote to Effme to see if she’d share her story about meeting her husband, Pootertoot…when she sent me the audio, I really felt like I had all the pieces to the puzzle…thanks Effme!!

10. Bunsen – Mikeyboy suggested this one. After Ron interviewed Perry Farrell, who had a new song that mashed a secret a capella Jim Morrison chant into its chorus, Mikeyboy suggested that I somehow work ESD’s Bunsen song into the mix…

11. Radio War! This is the one I hope my parents don’t hear…but the idea was strong and I wanted to create a kind of Battle Cry. Opie & Anthony are occasionally visited by ESD, either in studio or on the phone. And somehow a kind of “staff” war started up pitting ESD against Cream Pie Jones of the O&A staff to see which was the better staff. This degenerated quickly and things fell apart – mostly because the war was revolting and had lost its air of heterosexuality. Shit and shut!

Axem Red
10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Finally! Will definently be purchasing this!

JustJon
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I'll buy any cd that mentions me in their songs

(for those that don't remember, a bunch of us are named in I Christmas Thee)

King Hippos Bandaid
10-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I turn 30 in 13 Days, Hint Hint

:king:

mikeyboy
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I just bought mine!

Marc with a c
10-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't get it. None of those are dirty christmas songs.

moochcassidy
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
caught myself telling somebody on paltalk.."if he sells enough cds he can put the stage show of his radio programme into a dvd to get interest in a tour"

quite the media guru.

congrats me ole son.

Lady Resin
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Placed my order right after the mention. Will be shipped on Wed. :clap:

Dr Steve
10-31-2007, 07:22 PM
perhaps our delightful friend could also post the link to the Audio Sampler "Atoms Motion and the Void" CD which is a steal at $2.00 (I looked but couldn't find it...one problem with Kunaki.com is they have no search function to find content).

HEY! I just noticed my favorite Sleeves song is missing from the CD! :-)

seriously, congrats, man, everyone on my Christmas list is getting "Mighty Horse" this year. This should blow a few Tennessee country minds.

doctor_steve
11-01-2007, 06:28 AM
As soon as I get the Atoms Motion and the Void link, I'll post it here. :-)

mikeyboy
11-01-2007, 07:01 AM
perhaps our delightful friend could also post the link to the Audio Sampler "Atoms Motion and the Void" CD which is a steal at $2.00 (I looked but couldn't find it...one problem with Kunaki.com is they have no search function to find content).

[edit: I probably should have checked with Sleeves before I posted the link]

Dougie Brootal
11-01-2007, 08:14 AM
just got it! kick ass!!!!

Lady Resin
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
just got it! kick ass!!!!

Ditto!:thumbup:

Dougie Brootal
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
rockin it full volume right now full blast and slammin jameson in honor of esd's birthday!

Death Metal Moe
11-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Just got mine today too. Already in Itunes, throw it on the iPod later.

Good work Sleeves, great CD.

tbagnu
11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Ditto!:thumbup:

ditto here!!!!

Friday
11-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I have mine securely in my car CD player.... and I am so happy to listen at my leisure!

EffMeBoobs
11-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I got mine a few days ago and I find it really fucking cool to listen to myself on a CD. Thanks Sleeves!!!!!!!!!!!! You da best!

Hottub
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I got mine a few days ago and I find it really fucking cool to listen to myself on a CD. Thanks Sleeves!!!!!!!!!!!! You da best!

Oh yeah! I got a shout out on "I Christmas Thee", but not near what Lisa got. maybe volume II

Nice Rack in Texas
11-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Effin awesome CD.....

listening to it non-stop:clap:

led37zep
11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
How hard is it to get the CD up on itunes? I'd love to make a few of these ringtones but I own a certain phone that won't let me unless its a designated ring tone on Itunes.

Dre
12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
You can get this CD courtesy of "spreadtheiris.com", when you wanna' spread the Iris, you go to "spreadtheiris.com", for all your Iris spreadin' needs.

tileslinger
12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
got mine. Anything to support AMV. Wish I could make it to the live show.

the3rdshooter
12-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Been wait awhile.

Hottub
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Cute puupy, shooter!:thumbup:

Framey
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
got the cd for x-mas and

jauble
07-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks sleeves much better. Meant to send you something awhile back. You're the best.