You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
"Mighty Horse" The CD - On Sale Now! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : "Mighty Horse" The CD - On Sale Now!

Sleeves
10-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Hello my friends!

"Mighty Horse" the CD (http://kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZXMXRX) is on sale now for $10. Comes wrapped in beautiful clear plastic with an attractive UPC symbol on the back, high quality art and burned by a team of expert superprofessionals on a million dollar machine. An excellent stocking stuffer for any Ron & Fez fan! (My wife made me write that..."stocking stuffer"...)

All the proceeds will be going toward a high quality filming of "Atoms, Motion & the Void" the upcoming stage play. A DVD of the play will then be used to try get performance gigs elsewhere. This is Volume One and I hope to release a Volume Two sometime next year...Volume One offers the following tunes chronologically arranged:

1. It Takes A Rube
2. Fez of the Flies
3. Comet McDonald
4. I Christmas Thee
5. Beat & Breathe
6. Mighty Horse
7. The Mick's Metaphor
8. Rocka-Hula-Luao
9. Ron & Fez Powers Activate!
10. Bunsen
11. Radio War!

Thanks so much for even just thinking about it! If I sell 100 copies, I'm in the movie business!!:thumbup:

Here's the story behind each of the songs, as I remember:

1. It Takes A Rube – As suggested by Plethora! - Ron & Fez went out for a nice steak dinner – and Fez was due to pay. Their waiter was an elderly fellow who shared a bit too much of his past (he showed them all a picture of his younger self, told them a story about how he used to box in the old days)…Anyway, the bill came and Fez went to work on it, calculating the tip, etc. When the waiter returned to get the tab, he was overwhelmed by Fez’s generosity. Warm embraces followed. As it turned out, Fez had overtipped by 363%. Or some such Guinness Book style record.

2. Fez of the Flies – Fez joined along in O&A’s “Homeless Shopping Spree” at the Short Hills Mall and ended up as the featured “homeless” man in the photograph accompanying the story that appeared on The Drudge Report. I loved how upside down the whole thing was. I believe No Filter Paul also sprayed Fez in the eyes with perfume...or maybe I'm dreaming...

3. Comet McDonald – After Dave was kicked off the show. I didn’t know if it was permanent or not and I was really sad (really!). Of course, he came back really quickly and I felt dumb for being all broken up.

4. I Christmas Thee – I remember Ron was really down on Christmas, down on the whole corporate invasion aspect and holiday brainwashing…and trying to figure out why people got so giddy about presents…I was kind of trying to get to the bottom of what Christmas really is for me. Not all the presents and stuff…but secretly a celebration of a certain kind. And that it was that, more than anything, that made people happy. Kind of like the dumb old Whos down in Whoville. Just the word the Who. I think people like holidays not just for the trappings, but for the big warm hearted thing below. But then it’s hard to distinguish such things. It can get confused and you can start to think that you love Christmas because of all the gifts, when really it’s the human thing below that’s working you up.

5. Beat & Breathe – After ESD and Westside Claire broke up, I was really moved by his sadness. I remember he really couldn’t come to terms with it. This song was about the pain of breaking up and the need to move on.

6. Mighty Horse – Another one suggested by Plethora! This was my first non-piano song. I love doing piano songs, but I kept feeling an energy drop whenever my songs played and I wanted to start doing songs that matched the energy of the show a little closer. This came out of a Free FM show and I could feel the song showing up as I listened. Sometimes the Ron & Fez show has an incredible “singular” energy – when everything is flowing and as a listener I’m totally engrossed. Kind of like watching a really good movie or reading a really good book. While I listened, I was feeling really possessed by the need to do a song about Mighty Horse…I was really drawn to the Radio Shark's list of "grafitty"...his little list kept going over and over in my head...backwards swasticker...the road runner...loved it!

7. The Mick's Metaphor – I love how Dave speaks. Every kind of language/thinking misstep is available to him. Spoonerisms, syllogisms, illogic and mixed metaphors. I don’t hold any of this stuff against him and I really think Dave is a bright guy. There is a brilliance in the madness I say! To write this song, I read thru Lleeder’s thread on “ESD’s Blown Line of the Day” and then I just started stitching certain things together…Zhippy tao!

8. Rocka-Hula-Luao – This one felt like Mighty Horse. Listening to the show that this came from, I was incredibly focused on the nature of this very strange party, the Rocka-hula-luao. It was like being a kid and hearing about some wild thing that the adults did. This was the first song I did with Plethora (guitar) & Lawson (drums) of Ronfez.net. Both of them are excellent players – much better than I am. I’m actually a pretty poor musician! It’s actually easier for me to write a song, than play a song and most of my songwriting time is spent trying to learn how to play the simple things I write.

9. Ron & Fez Powers Activate! – This was kind of a non-specific song. Another one with Plethora on guitar and Lawson on Drums. I just became aware of a lot of “things” happening around Ron & Fez. Even as far myself – I had never really done anything like this. I’d never really been on stage, I’d never had my music played. So for me, Ron & Fez are a part of my own opening up toward the world. I feel like the very nature of the show helps people move a little closer toward themselves…There’s a level of realness that you don’t get anywhere else. Ron's doing what he wants to do and he's so good at it and it seems so easy, that it makes "being yourself" seem like a valuable thing to do. Before I even started this one, I wrote to Effme to see if she’d share her story about meeting her husband, Pootertoot…when she sent me the audio, I really felt like I had all the pieces to the puzzle…thanks Effme!!

10. Bunsen – Mikeyboy suggested this one. After Ron interviewed Perry Farrell, who had a new song that mashed a secret a capella Jim Morrison chant into its chorus, Mikeyboy suggested that I somehow work ESD’s Bunsen song into the mix…

11. Radio War! This is the one I hope my parents don’t hear…but the idea was strong and I wanted to create a kind of Battle Cry. Opie & Anthony are occasionally visited by ESD, either in studio or on the phone. And somehow a kind of “staff” war started up pitting ESD against Cream Pie Jones of the O&A staff to see which was the better staff. This degenerated quickly and things fell apart – mostly because the war was revolting and had lost its air of heterosexuality. Shit and shut!

Death Metal Moe
10-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Just ordered mine. Gotta support show friends, especially those people that make stuff for the show specifically.

Gvac
10-29-2007, 12:40 PM
I'll be ordering, but I can't tell you how devastated I am that "Didja Know?" from Lenay D's show didn't make the cut.

I'm inconsolable.

lleeder
10-29-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll be ordering, but I can't tell you how devastated I am that "Didja Know?" from Lenay D's show didn't make the cut.

I'm inconsolable.

Sorry to hear that Gvac.

Sleeves
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM

I'm inconsolable.

Didja know...I didn't think so, so here you go: Rumor has it that there will be a Volume 2 released some time in the next year or so...And Didja Know will definitely be on it...

Baboof!

EffMeBoobs
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Just ordered mine! Of course my favorite track is #9. :thumbup:

I'm so happy for Sleeves!!!! He should have done this sooo long ago, he deserves all the proceeds that will go to the stage play and more!

RADIO-SHARK
10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
:furious:

Recyclerz
10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
In 2 to 5 days I'll have a much stronger argument for being the coolest kid on my block.

Please keep us posted on ticket information, etc. for the play. I think I recall it was going to be a few days after Xmas and I'll be looking for a good excuse to get away from my family by that time.

torker
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I've got the bootleg. Straight from the soundboard.:wink:

EffMeBoobs
10-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Why the fury?

BoondockSaint
10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Why the fury?

One word: Just the word The Who.

PapaBear
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Why the fury?
Maybe he wants royalties?

moochcassidy
10-30-2007, 02:20 AM
I've got the bootleg. Straight from the soundboard.:wink:

yeah us cool kids dont PAY for music (while we smoke)

fuck this sleeves dude. hes probably a millionaire living in a solid gold house with a dozen underage boys for concubinage.

torrent here (http://www.mininova.org/tor/947286)

AnnoyedGrunt
10-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Not to question the guy who actully wrote the songs, but are you sure those songs are in chronological order? I thought Comet McDonald was about Dave being voted off the show in early 2007, which would place it after I Christmas Thee.

Sleeves
10-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Not to question the guy who actully wrote the songs, but are you sure those songs are in chronological order? I thought Comet McDonald was about Dave being voted off the show in early 2007, which would place it after I Christmas Thee.

I have no confidence in my timeline. But that does sound right...

Time and Space are my weak points.

Reephdweller
10-30-2007, 05:10 AM

I'm inconsolable.

Same here, I love didja know....and where's the Stugot's theme song?

Sleeves
10-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Same here, I love didja know....and where's the Stugot's theme song?

I wanted to just do R&F songs for the first one...but those will be on the next one...some time in the next year or so...

RoyMunson
10-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Just ordered two! I like to help just a little more than everyone else…

Sleeves
10-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Just ordered two! I like to help just a little more than everyone else…

You just made the "special" list...that's very nice...

And thanks all yas for the support! really really appreciated!

Tall_James
10-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I plan on seeing the NH show. Please post ticket info once it becomes available.

JustJon
10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
I plan on seeing the NH show. Please post ticket info once it becomes available.

And local hotel rates :)

Dougie Brootal
10-30-2007, 10:22 AM
just ordered!

Tall_James
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
And local hotel rates :)

Hotel? I'm just bringing my sleeping bag and crashing on Sleeve's porch.

Team_Ramrod
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM

If you are that furious, just go graffitty his house...:glurps:

Hottub
10-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Done!
I already have the songs on my HD, but I want to help out!
C'mon ya cheap pricks...:dry:

King Hippos Bandaid
10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
will purchase on home PC, I dont trust my work pc

:king:

Lady Resin
10-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I got an e-mail that it was shipped this morning! :thumbup:

KnoxHarrington
10-30-2007, 03:49 PM
If I can request a Sleeves products, I'd love to have "Atoms, Motion, and the Void" -- particularly the storyline around the Stalwarts and the Bodhi Seti Satva -- in book form, because while it was brilliant as a radio play, I'd love to be able to sit down and read it at my own pace too.

I'd give it a place of honor on my bookshelf next to Ron Bennington's Line of the Day: The Book.

boeman
10-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Done!
I already have the songs on my HD, but I want to help out!
C'mon ya cheap pricks...:dry:

I'm not cheap.... I'm just broke.

Hottub
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
If I can request a Sleeves products, I'd love to have "Atoms, Motion, and the Void" -- particularly the storyline around the Stalwarts and the Bodhi Seti Satva -- in book form, because while it was brilliant as a radio play, I'd love to be able to sit down and read it at my own pace too.

I'd give it a place of honor on my bookshelf next to Ron Bennington's Line of the Day: The Book.

Great idea, Knoxy!:clap:

Sleeves, get on that.

Nothing Sound
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
I'll wait for the torrent to appear.

moochcassidy
10-31-2007, 07:25 AM

there will be no torrent

moochcassidy
10-31-2007, 07:34 AM
Great idea, Knoxy!:clap:

Sleeves, get on that.

agreed.

im sure sleevesybaby can find time between family, work, writing a play, learning lines, making songs and dressin up to make videos for some drunk 5000 miles away to find a book deal.

:wacko:

would be cool as flip tho.

Nothing Sound
10-31-2007, 06:26 PM
there will be no torrent

wanna bet?

Hottub
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, Hell Yes!!
Rockin' the phat ass!!

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2474/dscf1578us8.jpg

Marc with a c
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh, Hell Yes!!
Rockin' the phat ass!!

you wear that sweatshirt too much

BoondockSaint
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Do you only own one sweatshit?

edit: Damn you Marc.

Marc with a c
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you only own one sweatshit?

edit: Damn you Marc.

why would you think you could beat me at commenting on a mans attire?

Hottub
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
HA!!
I made it a point to put that hoody on just for this pic!!

You guys are clever!!!:clap:

Marc with a c
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM

i'm cleverer.

BoondockSaint
11-05-2007, 03:47 PM
why would you think you could beat me at commenting on a mans attire?

Because I'm a fashionista.

Sleeves
11-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh, Hell Yes!!
Rockin' the phat ass!!

I'm hopin some day that I can animate my avatar so the dog eats the CD...and then big hot flaming diamond tears fall from Hottub's face and his favorite hoody catches fire and then he puts it out with the spray bottle from his avatar.

My dream!

(thanks for the cool shot tub!)

foodcourtdruide
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM

I'm as pro-torrent as the next guy, but why don't you just give the guy $10?

Hottub
11-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm hopin some day that I can animate my avatar so the dog eats the CD...and then big hot flaming diamond tears fall from Hottub's face and his favorite hoody catches fire and then he puts it out with the spray bottle from his avatar.

My dream!

(thanks for the cool shot tub!)

Sleeves, I am honored,
Thanks.

Sleeves
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Sleeves, I am honored,
Thanks.

you just wait till i have the mad avatar animation skillz...!

Hottub
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Didn't you do the animation on the Mighty Horse video?

That was cool.

Don Stugots
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
HA!!
I made it a point to put that hoody on just for this pic!!

LIES!

Hottub
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Don't make me wear it again next week!!!!

Don Stugots
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Don't make me wear it again next week!!!!

feel free to. we will all laugh and laugh at you on the air the next day. (Marc with a K will be)

Nothing Sound
11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm as pro-torrent as the next guy, but why don't you just give the guy $10?

Because in my opinion it's not even worth $10.

I've already obtained it. It's out there.

Hottub
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
If it's not worth it, why did you bother taking it? The 10 bucks is to raise funds to help Sleeves.

That was a really crappy thing to say, dick. (IMHO)

Nothing Sound
11-06-2007, 06:58 PM
If it's not worth it, why did you bother taking it? The 10 bucks is to raise funds to help Sleeves.

It's not like he has cancer or something. It's to make a stupid video, which is
not really a good cause. It's just an excuse to make some extra money (IMHO)

mikeyboy
11-06-2007, 07:01 PM

You know you could always just not post in this thread if you aren't supportive.

Hottub
11-06-2007, 07:18 PM

So you think it is wrong to ask his friends for support to help realize one of his goals, Dreams...
I know for a fact, that none of the proceeds are going into sleeve's pockets. He is an honorable man.
If you keep this line up, you have fair warning, sir. *Official*

Mr. Sleeves has a bit of a gift for showmanship. He has been rewarded for his work. We would like to help him get to the next level.
Have you even listened to his series? (http://www.atomsmotion.com/amvshows.htm) I hate the haters.

also, listen to"I Christmas Thee"

Woot!!

moochcassidy
11-07-2007, 01:59 AM
So you think it is wrong to ask his friends for support to help realize one of his goals, Dreams...
I know for a fact, that none of the proceeds are going into sleeve's pockets. He is an honorable man.

Mr. Sleeves has a bit of a gift for showmanship. He has been rewarded for his work. We would like to help him get to the next level.
Have you even listened to his series? (http://www.atomsmotion.com/amvshows.htm) I hate the haters.

also, listen to"I Christmas Thee"

Woot!!

do sleeves have pockets?

RoyMunson
11-07-2007, 05:31 AM
i got my cd's this past weekend(one for me and one for my dad), let me start by saying that it is FANTASTIC!!! "I Christmas Thee " is going in my holiday rotaion, right after "Fairytale of New York".

RAAMONE
11-07-2007, 05:51 AM
then he puts it out with the spray bottle from his avatar.

once again...its a cowbell

Lawson
11-07-2007, 06:23 AM
I think the majority of people on this board understand Sleeves… but,… Having gotten to know him a little over the past few months. I’ve come to realize that Sleeves has a singular agenda, to share his talent and entertain people…. That’s it… nothing else. Any promotion that’s been done on Sleeves behalf has been unsolicited by him, it’s been offered to help a guy who contributes to the show. I’ve never heard Sleeves on-air promoting a website or radio show or CD or anything, in fact I think he’s never been on the air (maybe it’s because of that weird voice)…

I agree with the others on this board that have enjoyed his music and the Atoms, Motion & the Void series. A $10 purchase of a CD, that I can freely download from his site, is a small way to support him and help him to continue to produce unique material that I want to hear... It's very simple.

moochcassidy
11-07-2007, 06:31 AM
dont think anyone on here really doubts sleevesybabys intentions on this.

im just praying the sleeves transformer set comes out by christmas

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44167000/jpg/_44167754_optimus.jpg

Lawson
11-07-2007, 07:57 AM
dont think anyone on here really doubts sleevesybabys intentions on this.

im just praying the sleeves transformer set comes out by christmas

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44167000/jpg/_44167754_optimus.jpg

Mooch, I do like the transformer... but this might be the ultimate Sleeves merchandise:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/MrLawsonsPics/build-a-bearsilka.jpg

Mr. Grave, The Evil Build-A-Bear Silka

limited edition!... be dialing!

Nothing Sound
11-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Fair warning for what? Stating my opinion?

Oh I see. If you don't agree with it it's wrong.

Whatever

Dougie Brootal
11-07-2007, 12:31 PM
what a douche. :thumbdown:

Hottub
11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
No. I am annoyed at your implications.

moochcassidy
11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Fair warning for what? Stating my opinion?

Oh I see. If you don't agree with it it's wrong.

Whatever

WHATEVAH!!

http://media.newschoolers.com/uploads/cache/images/1173157056-487085-400x270-cartman.jpg

I DO WHAT AH WANT!

Nothing Sound
11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
No. I am annoyed at your implications.

I don't think I implied anything.
I thought I was pretty straight forward about it.

I guess we have different opinions on the subject.
That's what makes this world interesting.
It would be rather boring and extremely sad if we all thought exactly the same.

moochcassidy
11-11-2007, 08:00 AM
did somebody say theres an AMV cd as well?

Sleeves
11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
did somebody say theres an AMV cd as well?

I went to a conference in Chicago and they recommended that I make up a CD of the AMV stuff to sell in the booth or the hot dog stand or whatever it was...The first 30 minutes or so are part of a new story I've been working on, but then AMV7 follows and a few songs.

So a bit of repetition and then the "new story" part isn't finished...

but if ya want to look at it, I can give ya the linky...

rocksteady
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Great Cd Sleeves. I just got mine in the mail last week. Love it. Can I ask what programs you used to produce the drums on some of the songs? I know you have a live drummer for a couple of songs, but not on others, such as Mighty Horse.

JustJon
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
If you want to win a free copy of the excellent Sleeves CD, check out the Lounge forum. We're giving away 5 copies this week, courtesy of STI. Even if you already bought a copy, they make great gifts!

Sleeves
11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Great Cd Sleeves. I just got mine in the mail last week. Love it. Can I ask what programs you used to produce the drums on some of the songs? I know you have a live drummer for a couple of songs, but not on others, such as Mighty Horse.

Every song I've done has been completely done using a Yamaha YPG625 (http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?SKU=YYPG625XX&ovchn=FRO&ovcpn=FROOGLE&ovcrn=YYPG625XX&ovtac=CMP).

Good:
1. Full size keyboard.
2. Excellent piano sound (to my ears).
3. The keys feel right.
4. Not crazy expensive.
5. full range of synth sounds
6. built in drum machine

Bad:
1. Possibly unattractive faux birch wood.
2. Lots of not-so-good synth sounds.
3. A whole range of strange "tutorial" type buttons that are supposed to help you learn how to play, which I'm always accidentally pressing...

But I like it a lot...

rocksteady
11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Very cool, I've been playing guitar for years now and just started getting into the keyboard, basically for drums and other crazy sounds to fill out my songs. Right now, I just have a cheap yamaha ($150), but once i learn more about it, i will take your recomendation into consideration. Thank you sir

moochcassidy
11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
living far away stinks.

moochcassidy
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM
living far away stinks.

i knew this would work

got mine this morning