You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Week of 11/26 podcast [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Week of 11/26 podcast

C_T
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
The Week of 11/26 podcast is now available through the RSS feed (iTunes for most) or the website: http://www.ctandjivin.com

listener feedback / whoops
more on the Jivin living situation
movies (CT reviews The Mist)
science!
more on TV theme songs
...and more

Interact with the show! Call the CT & Jivin Suicide Prevention Hotline at 718-312-8492 and leave us any feedback on topics we discussed, suggestions for future segments, or anything else!

Dan 'Hampton
11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
20 min in.
When you guys make it big, Dave for third mic. Without a doubt.

Antmeister
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Okay guys, thanks for the segment. That was some good stuff, but I feel I have to explain myself better. What I meant is that I can tell how long a show will last (the longevity) based on the theme song. Not saying that the show will be horrible based on the theme song, but just saying that shows with good theme songs tend to last longer than ones that don't. Just my theory, but if you look back on all the shows that are considered classic, a large majority have great theme songs. And yes, you are correct, the visual intro/theme song should very well be considered.

By the way, this is definitely not the time to start giving up CT. Considering that there's a Writer's Strike and people may soon look for alternate forms of entertainment, you should seriously keep plugging away to see what happens. It may not end up being a radio show, but who the hell knows what else is going to crop up out of a need. You guys know for a fact that you have an audience regardless of how many people write to a message board.

And you guys are freaking too young to be stressing like this considering you guys are single and don't have significant others or children. Just make sure to get me my podcast next Monday.

Dan 'Hampton
11-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Between the rain today and the end of the podcast I'm in a depressed funk. Thanks guys

debit
11-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Here's one for you guys.

My buddy and I were leaving my crappy apartment building. We were walking out of the lobby when we noticed a cute chick in the corner. I was looking at her when I went to open the door and I missed the latch and I walked straight into the door. Of course my friend was looking at her as well and he was a foot behind me. So he walked straight into me and I slammed into the door for a second time. We left as quick as we could as she laughed at us.

Another story. I was at Starbucks and it had an outside door and an inside door. Glass surrounded the area between the two doors. Anyway this Starbucks was very crowded and this guy went to go through the door but instead walked into the glass wall. His hot coffee spilt all over him and the glass. He quickly reoriented himself and left as quick as he could. He didn't even bother to pick up his coffee cup.

Dodgerchick
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Okay guys, thanks for the segment. That was some good stuff, but I feel I have to explain myself better. What I meant is that I can tell how long a show will last (the longevity) based on the theme song. Not saying that the show will be horrible based on the theme song, but just saying that shows with good theme songs tend to last longer than ones that don't. Just my theory, but if you look back on all the shows that are considered classic, a large majority have great theme songs. And yes, you are correct, the visual intro/theme song should very well be considered.

By the way, this is definitely not the time to start giving up CT. Considering that there's a Writer's Strike and people may soon look for alternate forms of entertainment, you should seriously keep plugging away to see what happens. It may not end up being a radio show, but who the hell knows what else is going to crop up out of a need. You guys know for a fact that you have an audience regardless of how many people write to a message board.

And you guys are freaking too young to be stressing like this considering you guys are single and don't have significant others or children. Just make sure to get me my podcast next Monday.

Who are you and what have you done to Antmeister71?!?

I had some notes but left them at work.. that's right, I'm such a dedicated fan I take notes as the show moves along. Anyway, I agree with everything Antmeister said, you guys are still very young and if some radio station, like... say in Austin, TX wants to hire you, it's easier to just get up and go as opposed to moving with wife and kids.

I also enjoyed Dave on the air... don't worry Dave, Antmeister and I buy tons of movies too. If we see a Blockbuster or Hollywood Video going out of business, we'll most likely stop and buy something.

Hope all is well, keep your head up guys and Corey, take care of that cough.. if you're coughing up blood, that can't be good.

Dodgerchick
11-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh and 1 more thing... Stringer is English? He just lost a lot of street cred I think! Nah, I'm half-joking... if he can pass a tough gangsta, then he's a good actor... right? Right?

JustJon
11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
When did I become picky about facts? I just pointed out one Firefly/Terminator bit about Summer Glau...

But I have faith in the brand new 3 year plan!