You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Return of JCW [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Return of JCW

SpicyMcHaggis
11-27-2007, 06:58 PM
From DeclartionofIndependents.net:

Ricky O, the former promoter of Jersey Championship Wrestling (JCW), has told the DOI that he plans on announcing the return of JCW soon. Look for a full press release soon.

JCW was a breeding ground for alot of top indy talent from 2000-2004. JCW was the promotion which came up with J-Cup tournament. However, in late 2004, Ricky O "sold" JCW and its rights to National Wrestling Superstars (NWS). From 2005 and on, NWS has been running the Jersey J-Cup tournament.

Ricky O has been involved with alot of wrestling projects since the demise of JCW. Since 2005, he's been involved with LSW, NWA, NWA-NJ, NWA Shockwave, Smashmouth Wrestling and more. His latest project was the NWA, where he partnered with Dave Marquez on several shows. NWA has been quiet ever since their last show in May 2007.

Ricky said NWA isn't dead, so to speak, even if it's a skelton of a skeleton of a skeleton of what it used to be. Ricky said his plans with JCW are to provide small shows just to help out up and coming stars, just like he did in the past.

Nothing is 100% official yet. Once we get a press release from Ricky O, we will have it here on the DOI.

Sean "The MiC" McCaffrey
BULLSMC@aol.com

Yours truly is definitely going to try and get in on this, perhaps become the new commentator if I play my cards right.

Don Stugots
11-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Good luck. I hope you get it.

ralphbxny
11-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Good Luck dude!!

Flea_Man
11-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Best of luck, man!

SpicyMcHaggis
11-29-2007, 06:00 AM
This thread isn't just about me, but do you guys have any fond memories of Jersey Championship Wrestling? The old J-Cups with some of the top indy talent? They made some big careers for guys back in the day.

RFFatTony
12-15-2007, 05:48 AM
The only memory I have of JCW was when I was working at the Center Circle in Rahway New Jersey and Ricky didn't show with the ring. I stood in the hallway with Tough Enough competitor Taylor Matheny. Hours later finding out that Ricky had cancelled the show and didn't let anyone know. Stating he was told there was a fire at the venue.

The Nature Boy
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Because the Honky Tonk Man Said So Juggalos!

JCWBobC
03-15-2008, 07:37 PM
"The only memory I have of JCW was when I was working at the Center Circle in Rahway New Jersey and Ricky didn't show with the ring. I stood in the hallway with Tough Enough competitor Taylor Matheny. Hours later finding out that Ricky had cancelled the show and didn't let anyone know. Stating he was told there was a fire at the venue."

Ricky did not cancel the show at all. Another wrestling company screwed with us and then did the same thing to JAP about a month later.

We had a meeting the Wed. before the show to go over the matches & the payroll and everything was set. The day of the show we were all packed and ready to go when Ricky got a call saying their had been a fire and we couldn't run the show. We called all the wrestlers that we could reach and I know Taylor got paid by Eric Simms. I didn't find out about it until the following Monday when people started posting that they went to the show & their was no fire. We immediately apologized and explained what happened on the JCW web site. Both the DOI and Wrestling Clothesline have a lot of reviews of our shows from 2002-2003 if you want to go back and see how we rebounded into one of the top 3 indy wrestling companies in NJ.

Bob