You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
11/27/07 I Blame Don Johnson [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 11/27/07 I Blame Don Johnson

Kathleen From The Bronx
11-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Ya know how it is when you have a strange dream and you can't seem to shake it off....even hours later? Yeah man.... That's me today....feelin a little haunted! And the dream was not a nightmare, it was nothing bad..... It was just oddly rooted in memory.... and I wondered... What jostled that loose outta some nook of my brain? Where did that come from....what the hell does this mean? Well, I think that I may have just figured it out...at least the, "what jostled it?" part.... I've told you before that some themes from the show often end up later in the Land of Nod.... I think that's what happened again!

I woke up this morning, right out of a dream where I saw my grandfather sitting in the living room of my old apartment in The Bronx, sitting in the chair by the window with his cane..... In the dream I was scared at first because he died when I was five, and in the dream I was the age I am now...and I somehow realized that this was out-of-the-ordinary...... I thought, "I'm seeing a ghost..."

I was nervous and wanted to get outta there... that was my first reaction.....but... I told myself not to be frightened, and that worked for once. I walked over and soon felt at ease... I noticed the pattern of our old drapes that hung there....and my grandfather was there in that old chair saying, "First thing tomorrow morning, you wake up and go get a job downtown."

This was not said in a stern way; he was writing something down on a little pad of paper.... and it felt as though whatever was written there would get me hired on the spot.... As he was talking to me in the dream, I had the thought, "OH YEAH... That's what his voice sounded like.... I remember now..." and that's when I woke up....

On the show yesterday, I think I recall that the conversation started off about The National Anthem, and flowed to discussion on society's current general lack of formality in all aspects of life......."Zubaz at a funeral," Ronnie said... People really don't dress up for anything anymore.....

I remembered what Ron was sayin about how after President Regan died there were people lined up to view the casket in tank tops and flip flops...... I was watching the news of some of that coverage, and when the camera came to these two guys on line outside, they said, "WOOO!" like it was Spring Break. See, I'm an easy-goin cat.... but even I thought, "Eeesh, that's a lil inappropriate, huh?"

When did this happen that the world starting becoming so constantly casual? When did it start....? I am not sure, but if I were going to blame anyone, I'd have to point to Don Johnson.

See, I was a kid in the eighties so... at least to my recollection... once it was fine to sport a tee-shirt under a jacket.....once it was fine to wear no socks.... a la Miami Vice....... there was no turning back. Hey, listen... I could be dead wrong here.... but I'm doin dream analysis today, not the history of fashion.

Yeah so... yesterday, as you guys were talking about the fact that there is, "zero formality anymore," I remembered that my grandfather, my mother's father, wore a suit and tie every single day. We all lived in the same apartment building and when I was really little he would come downstairs to visit us every day...moving real slow...using a cane.....He had been retired for years and years by then....he was almost 80.... and yet I never saw him when he was not in a suit.

He'd come down and have a cup of tea that my mother would make...... or sometimes he'd had a glass of beer. Even when I was so little, I would always find it very exciting if it was a beer day versus a tea day... If that ain't a young sign.... Anyway....

That's really my only hazy memories of my grandfather; that and when it was time to go home, I would walk him down the hallway to the stairs acting like I was holding his elbow though I could barely reach it....That was like.... "my thing,"... to walk him to the stairs......

So I thought of that for only a moment yesterday.... As you guys were talkin and I realized for a split second too, that I didn't remember what his voice sounded like. In the dream I recognized his voice, and now only hours later I can't think of it again..... How strange! So, I guess it was your conversation that rattled that sleeping vision...... It's either that or Grandpa's tellin me, "No, seriously... get a job!!!" Hmmm.....

So yeah... I woke up with some strange sentimentality vibe happenin today... and I do not even know what the hell to do with it.... Shake it off ole gal!! Hmmmm....... OK....

In other news, I do not think that I am going to Hell for not believing that Jesus Christ invented the chair. Dave was tellin us yesterday that he saw a program on The Discovery Channel that somehow proved that Jesus, the carpenter's son, was the one who created chairs-with-backs. Apparently, before Jesus, everyone was doomed to live a life of sitting on stools.......

As a side-note, I really appreciated Ronnie's reference to the town of Blaine's, "Stool Boom." Lemme sing.... "Hock your jewels! Spend your money on stooooools!"

Ya know, I don't want to be a, "Doubting Thomas," or a, "heretic," as Dave, screaming, was deeming all those who rejected his claim....... but......... a question did occur to me...Why wouldn't this chair-back creation be mentioned along with all the other miracles that Jesus performed??

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John seemed to account for everything else! Most of us are well aware of the miracle at the wedding in Cana* where Jesus turned water into wine..... There is also the miracle of the loaves and the fishes....when Jesus fed the multitudes... where though there were only five loaves and two fish, after Jesus blessed the food, there was enough to feed the thousands who had gathered to see him...... SO....... it seems to me that if it were true that Jesus invented the first chair-with-a-back, it might have been documented in the Gospels as well......

There might have been a verse that would read, "Hey, look..... this might not seem like a big deal to you, but you wouldn't believe how we had to sit before this guy!!!"

There might be more praise given there in honor of new-found good posture! But what do I know???

Ronnie expressed his doubt about Dave's claims as well....... "I'm a little uncomfortable with you acting like Jesus was one of the Queer Eye guys!" Heh.... for real though.... It does seem like the description of some show on Bravo where a guy can work miracles with party-planning, catering, and now.... home decor...... and then you know, not to mention healing lepers and the blind.... but yeah.

By theeee way.... as another side-note..... This supposed show that Dave saw about Jesus' carpentry skills sounds oddly familiar........ and I was trying to place it... had I seen it too?? Yes, I did in fact, but the show I saw was NOT on The Discovery Channel, it was on Comedy Central. Remember I told you I was a Kids in the Hall expert?? Well, I saw on this one episode where Dave Foley as an archaeologist was displaying Jesus' carpentry as proof that, though he is the Son of God, he was never a very good carpenter. Jesus' chair had one leg way shorter than the others...and though it had a back, there was, "no lower back support." Just sayin.....

So, I'm very sorry, but I believe that comedy sketch as much as I believe that Jesus created the chair. I don't think I'll burn for that one.... but on the off chance that I there is a Hell, I'll be there for other reasons than not buyin into that tale...... say for instance that one Summer of 98....... ahhhhh yes.... Well again, enough with the nostalgia!

Hey, you know what else I don't believe...? I, for one, do not believe that God is the one writing all the messages on those quippy billboards I see sometimes.... Sometimes when I'm traveling over the road wit my ole man.... I'm the ole lady....see, cause we're truckin.... Ok, so sometimes I've seen in The Bible Belt, or some places down South, these billboards that have messages from God.

No, I'm not doin some kinda symbolic thing here.... There are these black billboards along the highway that say, printed in white letters, messages that are signed, "-God."

Stuff like, "We need to talk...." and, "Let's meet at my house, Sunday, before the game," and, "You think it's hot HERE?!" Why would God be so wisecracking....so snide??! I don't believe that God's really buyin billboards! I doubt it!!!!

I do, however, believe that Jesus was 30 feet tall and that's why there are all those gigantic crosses in remembrance on the sides of the road.... like the ones Dave said he noticed on his way to North Carolina. Yes my friends, I believe that Jesus was a giant of a man.......traveled with a great axe and his trusty side-kick, Babe the Blue Ox....... Ooooh... no.... wait a second, that was Paul Bunyan! Ahhhh.... I was just kiddin anyway... Just tryin to act like I believed in something.......

Well, now I do believe that I know suitable cigars to buy as gifts! You guys had on Tommy Z.... The Zman..... and this one over here did take notes..... See, I don't know much about cigars.... but after hearing yez talk to him yesterday, I think I know a lil something about something..... and pehaps..... just maybe.....this year I won't feel the smack of a box of cigars flying back in my face.... hurled with angry words and a middle finger........ Not this year!

Oh...oh... in case you were wondering.... I wasn't talking about you, Ronnie B.! I was referring to my pops.... When you did that, it was funny! Ahhhh ha.......

Ummm... You know what was a really good topic that arose as yez were talking to Tommy Z.? I dug the conversation about which movies would be better without the pointless love story... the chick.........or pointless characters in general..... I was loved that idea.... Ronnie brought up Tombstone, and there were so many others..... Was it me or did the name, "Minnie Driver," come up a lot? YEAH though....... Hmmmm..... I found it really interesting, too, when the discussion shifted towards chick-flicks that you will watch anyway........

Yeah, I realize that I am a girl..... but I really don't do the chick-flicks....... I liked Diane Keaton in Woody Allen films, but believe me, I cannot stick around to see her in role after role as somebody's batty mother who is constantly wearing elbow length gloves and turtlenecks in the Summer. I'm not tryin to pick on her, but I tells ya..... Every time I turns around!

Well, you guys brought up Terms of Endearment...... I knew that was a tear-jerkin chick-flick before I had even seen it myself..... When people mention the title, it's with a nod and a look-away....... Wooo... when I saw it for myself, I understood why! Niagara Falls Frankie Angel!!!!!

My favorite thing was that when you were talking about that movie, Ronnie related his own weepy moments upon seeing it.... He said, "I was running up and down the aisles of the theater screaming and crying.....................but I had also lost my wallet! There was money in there!!!!!"

Ahhhhh.........Indeed.

Ok....... I'll stop ramblin for now........ It's wonderfuls to have new live RnF this week! I was missin :0) Ok....er... Ok then..... Peace out!

Signed,

kathleen from the Bronx :):):)

PS- Here's that lil Kids in the Hall bit if you wanna see :

Kids in the Hall: Jesus was a Bad Carpenter (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/63770/Kids_in_the_hall_Jesus_was_a_bad_carpenter.html)

* Thanks Thebazile78 :0)

Thebazile78
11-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey, not to be a Nellie-Know-it-All, but . . . it was the Wedding at Cana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_at_Cana) for the miracle of turning the water into wine.

Canaan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan) is the ancient name for what is now modern-day Israel, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.

Kathleen From The Bronx
11-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey, not to be a Nellie-Know-it-All, but . . . it was the Wedding at Cana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_at_Cana) for the miracle of turning the water into wine.

Canaan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canaan) is the ancient name for what is now modern-day Israel, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan.

AHHHH Shit! You're totally right...... You know what the thing is too, is that's what I had down first, and then I was like... "No... nooo... Canaan!" ARRRGH! I didn't check! Daaaaamn.... I get an, "F" in religion today!

Thanks fer tellin me..... :0) Thanks for readin the ramble......

Hey.... Should I just go back and correct this now.....ummm..... Yes..... I think so...... :0)

Thanks Thebazile78 :0)

drjoek
11-28-2007, 09:46 AM
found near Arimathea
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6974188-0-large.jpg

buzzard
11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks Bronxy,you've been missed a whole lot! I've been having these weird 1900s dreams lately like I'm some Sherlock Holmes type solving mysteries,odd but sorta fun! That whole Jesus and the chair bit was priceless,I didn't like TKITH! I LOVED them! as far as I'm concerned they were Canada's best gift to us!:clap:

Marc with a c
11-28-2007, 11:56 AM
i blame phillip michael thomas.

Furtherman
11-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Kids In The Hall!

Thank you Kathleen... I had mentioned that skit in the listening thread yesterday but wrongly labeled The State as the creators. Love that skit.

And yea, you are right - before Crocket, cops were seen in uniform, suit and even trenchcoat. Then came Crocket and Tubby, and the casual crime of pastel t-shirts and white jackets was rampant. Probably caused the pet alligator craze too, which in turn cause the alligator in the sewer problem we all suffer from today. And he cursed at Ron. Fuck him.

Kathleen From The Bronx
11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
found near Arimathea
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6974188-0-large.jpg

Thanks Bronxy,you've been missed a whole lot! I've been having these weird 1900s dreams lately like I'm some Sherlock Holmes type solving mysteries,odd but sorta fun! That whole Jesus and the chair bit was priceless,I didn't like TKITH! I LOVED them! as far as I'm concerned they were Canada's best gift to us!:clap:

Look! Dr. Joe found proof too, AND it was just like Dave Foley said...... NO lower back support!!!

Wheeew................. trippy.

Kathleen From The Bronx
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
i blame phillip michael thomas.

I was so wondering if anybody was gonna say that...... You've walked right into my little trap! ...No....wait... no... that's not what I meant to say! I meant, "Wooo hoooo!" Whatever :0)

Kathleen From The Bronx
11-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Kids In The Hall!

And yea, you are right - before Crocket, cops were seen in uniform, suit and even trenchcoat. Then came Crocket and Tubby, and the casual crime of pastel t-shirts and white jackets was rampant. Probably caused the pet alligator craze too, which in turn cause the alligator in the sewer problem we all suffer from today. And he cursed at Ron. Fuck him.

heeeeheee :lol:

Lurkin McWeirdo
11-28-2007, 01:39 PM
:innocent:You made me cry jerkface. -God:innocent:

WampusCrandle
11-28-2007, 06:51 PM
jesus makes chairs, Don Johnson ruined Reagan's funeral and society, and dreams keeping you feeling awkward - really was a busy blog. i give an A++, a smiley sticker, and a scratch 'n sniff sticker!

all for you!

Kathleen From The Bronx
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
:innocent:You made me cry jerkface. -God:innocent:

You're....................GOD!?!! The Billboards are ridiculous.

jesus makes chairs, Don Johnson ruined Reagan's funeral and society, and dreams keeping you feeling awkward - really was a busy blog. i give an A++, a smiley sticker, and a scratch 'n sniff sticker!

all for you!

Thanks! You know what else is proof that I am not an adult? The fact that I still geek over stickers! i love a sicker....... Puffy stickers! Wooooo..... :0)

http://www.funkandjunk.com/images/pictures/25942.jpg

When I was a kid, I'd like hoarde all my stickers, like..... I would be quite discerning as to where I'd put em....... I'd consider, "How long exactly do I really think that I'll have this trapper-keeper????" Didn't want to waste......... Ahhh stickers......

Big combo conglomeration blog of last three days comin up this weekend.......... :0)

Thebazile78
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
You know what else is proof that I am not an adult? The fact that I still geek over stickers! i love a sicker....... Puffy stickers! Wooooo..... :0)
When I was a kid, I'd like hoarde all my stickers, like..... I would be quite discerning as to where I'd put em....... I'd consider, "How long exactly do I really think that I'll have this trapper-keeper????" Didn't want to waste......... Ahhh stickers......

You mean I was the only dork with a sticker book?????