You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
12/11-12/07 Kooks [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 12/11-12/07 Kooks

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Before I launch into my giddy ramblings... that's right... they will be giddy....... I have to ask something of yez..... I humbly request that you stop tryin to scare the shit outta me.

What theee hell!?! On Tuesday, from the beginning of the show, Ron reminded us repeatedly in somber tones that there was going to be an announcement.... "Fez, are you ready to tell us?" he'd ask... and a choked-up Fezzie would respond, "No....I can't... Not just yet." Freeeakin me OUT.

Now, in retrospect, after having been revealed to be a rube once again, it all seems quite clear that it was a work... as in.... "How could I have fallen for that!?!" AS IF...if I had been on my game I wouldn't have bought the scary solemn voices! Please... I should stop frontin... I fall fer everything! At one point, in the midst of fretting, I did... for a moment... get the feeling, "Nah, everything's alright; this is just a set-up..." but the second that I thought that, I yelled at myself, "How could you think everything's OK!?!? That's so jinx-y!!!" Thinking everything's OK is apparently very bad luck, to me....... superstitions rule my life..... Yeah.... but anyway...... the point is, let's not put the ole gal through something like that again. MY NERVES!!!!

Ahhhh.... but it was really good news after all :0) Great news, in fact.....news so great that it made the day seem all special and glowy despite the cold, gray, rainy weather.... Man, I'm so happy for Dave and Casey that they're havin a baby!!!!! What beautiful news
:0)

I caught myself thinkin, "It's nice to have a baby in the house." Saying that to myself stopped me in my tracks for a minute cause that's something that the old people in my family used to say..... not that it's a saying.... but.... I dunno... they always would say it when word of a new baby met their ears..... or when whatever family members who were visiting were bringing a baby around..... Always lotsa babies around..... and it's true... It's nice to have a baby in the house! Very exciting..... new baby smell..... little terry cloth onesies with the little feets kickin away....cuteness.... Awwww adorable!

I noticed this phenomenon again recently.... Whenever a baby's around people tend to only talk about baby things.... and you will hear stories about every baby that a person has ever encountered; their own babies or otherwise. We have a new lil nephew who's four months old now, and the last time we saw him, everyone gathered around, goin baby-crazy..... it was one story after the next about everybody when they were babies.... "This guy tried to come out feet first!" or, "when she was a baby she was bald as a grape until she was two..." or, "Your youngest brother was born smelling like tequila..."

Yeah...... being around babies, talking about babies brings out the relentless nostalgia....

I was also thinking, how it would be cool if people could remember all the nice things that everyone says about em when they are babies and they're too young to remember....... Yeah, that's silly....

Baby stuff, baby stuff, swirling around like cotton candy..... I definitely had babies on the brain all afterward...... Was always around babies growing up... big fam... lotta babies around now too.... nephews and nieces and friends' kids... I don't know why, but I was just thinking how it's just fuckin swell to know somebody since the day they were born...... "I remember stuff about your life that you never will, smart guy..." I was thinking bout that yesterday and for some reason I was recalling that I remember each on of my little brothers comin home from the hospital...

I was still a baby myself, but I remember my parents bringing my first brother home...... I remember him in his baby carrier sittin up on the kitchen table.....I remember running down the hallway to the bathroom door, and back down the hallway into the kitchen, stopping to see if he was watchin me....stopping to stare for a while and then running down the hallway and back again... over and over... I'm sure that game went on for hours... I can see the little shoes I was wearin when I think about it now...... I remember three years later being up in my great-aunt's apartment on the second floor, Patrick and me watching out the window for my parents to come home with our new brother, John...John Paul, named after the new Pope.... and how I'd sneak out to the crib sometimes and hold his little pinky while he was asleep and sing this dopey song I'd heard on TV, "Have you seen the ghost of John, all white bones with no skin on," cause i thought it was funny and such a coincidence to hear this song about some ghost named John when that was my new little brother's name....crazy....... and I remember staying home to watch Patrick and John when I was almost eleven and my father had taken my moms to the hospital..... I remember answering the phone and my father telling me, "It's a boy!" and how my brothers and I were so excited, running around the apartment screaming and jumping on the couch and the beds cause we were so happy.........that there was this new little member of the crew....

I was thinking too, how trippy it has to be when it's YOUR baby...... and not just a baby in the house..... I thought it was great how Ronnie was sayin that it instantly changes the way that you look at life.... everything.... spiritually.... just everything....

Yeah.... baby-talk definitely conjures some crazy ole memories...and I am ramblin for sure... but speaking of, "the crew," I was thinking how absolutely sweet it is that Dave and Casey will be addin a new member to their lil crew........ and I was thinkin how perfect it was that Ronnie B. played the song Kooks, by David Bowie...

I love David Bowie, I love that song, the album Hunky Dory is one of my favorites..... I love that you guys played that cause I've always thought that the song portrays how it should be..... just like what Ronnie said before the song played, "The best thing that you could do for your child is to love their mother...Set up that kinda thing.... You and Casey love each other, right?" and Dave answered emphatically, "YES." Ron B. continued on ..."You're weird people, have weird baby..... Have a weird family and just DIG IT... but have a weird loving family......"

Wonderful..... Yeah, I wanna second that.... I wish em a weird, loving family..... That's so the best.....

Ah man, it was such a good-feelin day..... It was great to hear all the happiness and excitement, Dave screaming, "We're havin a baby, BABY!" and, "Happiest day of my life muthafuckas!!"

It was so funny to hear Dave tell about breaking the news to his parents, Beanie collapsing.. "She collapsed on the ground...She collapsed.... yeah... like an old southern woman who's fainted when she's too hot at church....went straight down!!! We threw some water in her face and she said it was a Christmas fuckin' miracle!!!" Awwww!!! Yes, yes, I keep sayin, "Good news!"

On top of all those good vibes, I do find it fun tryin to come up with baby names...... you guys were doin that today...... I have to say, I think that Fezzie brought up the name, "Sully," and I am a fan...... Sully MacDonald sounds like a tough guy! A lil tough-guy.... awww.... Weird thing is, I was just having this conversation with my mother in law the other day..... about how it's way harder to come up with names for girls! You guys were sayin the same.....

Sure, you could always go the route of choosing a boy's name , and adding an "a," at the end......... but... there are all kinds of issues to take into account...... You need to be careful that the name does not too-conveniently rhyme with any disease or anything like that....... You need to avoid rhyming names all together, probably. I have to reference the example, "Once there was a girl named Amber Lambert." When I say, "once," I mean, she exists..... and people laugh and say, "Are you fuckin serious!?!"

See, the problem with me is that if you ask me to set out on just about any task......I will generally go about doing the contrary...... Instead of thinking of the best combination, I will think of the worst...... Basically, I will think of the opposite of what would be a good idea.......

I have convinced everyone in Brian's family that when we have kids it's gonna be all about rhyming...... but since our last name ends with the syllable, "ick," that limits our choices a bit.... I told em one kid will be called, Dominick Frederick, so when you hear his name, it's all about, "ick." It'll leave you feelin all icky...Maybe he'll be a wrestler when he grows up and will create a devastating move called, "The Triple Ick".... They thought that idea stunk.... so I said, "Wellll that's the way it is, ya bastards," just to be difficult.....

Of course I couldn't think of any girl names ending in, "ick," cause they might not exist in any language that I know.... So, I said that if we had girls that I'd name em after women characters from G.I. Joe... You know, "strong women to look up to."

I wouldn't choose Scarlet cause that Johansson girl already has that one, but I thought that, "Lady Jane," or, "The Baroness," would suffice........ or I could just go with one of those names that will work for girls or boys, like, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull."

Maybe it's all just my way of subconsciously getting people to stop askin me when we're gonna have kids........ I like to bring up that I'm gonna have to get over, "the whole skeleton inside a skeleton, thing," first...... :0)

Anyway..... didn't mean to ramble on so....... I just really wanted to say that it was simply wonderful to hear such good, positive news! Good news is great, and it's pretty sweet to bask in the after-glimmerings of that..... Congratulations to Casey and Dave!!! All the best always.... Babies are the best!

Aight.... Peace out....

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Will you stay in our lovers story
If you stay you wont be sorry
cause we believe in you
Soon youll grow so take a chance
With a couple of kooks
Hung up on romancing

cause we believe in you
With a couple of kooks
Hung up on romancing

We bought a lot of things to keep you warm and dry
And a funny old crib on which the paint wont dry
I bought you a pair of shoes
A trumpet you can blow
And a book of rules
On what to say to people when they pick on you
cause if you stay with us youre gonna be pretty kookie too

Will you stay in my lovers story
cause we believe in you
With a couple of kooks
Hung up on romancing

And if you ever have to go to school
Remember how they messed up this old fool
Dont pick fights with the bullies or the cads
cause Im not much cop at punching
Other peoples dads
And if the homework brings you down
Then well throw it on the fire
And take the car downtown

cause we believe in you
With a couple of kooks
Hung up on romancing

cause we believe in you
With a couple of kooks
Hung up on romancing

Will you stay........

I think it's the cutest...... I think that my favorite line is, "And if the homework brings you down...Then well throw it on the fire...And take the car downtown...."

I dunno, it's just all sweet like.... "Aw, I know it sucks sometimes kid, but you're with us and it's OK.... now let's get some mint chocolate chip ice cream..."

I don't know why....but I always think of mint chocolate chip there...... and I'm not sure where that comes from..... :0)

Woooo.... bein sappy :0)

Lurkin McWeirdo
12-13-2007, 04:48 AM
your tops with me kiddo

buzzard
12-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the enjoyable readable! :thumbup:

Marc with a c
12-13-2007, 07:09 AM
we called ben elliot "jelly belly big butt ben" in grammar school.

drjoek
12-13-2007, 09:40 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00001OH7O.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Great Job Kathleen

reillyluck
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
I felt the same way as you did when fezzy kept saying he's not ready to say "the news". I kept saying to myself "its going to be something good, it has to be". then the other part of me was like "shut up, stupid!! Fez doesnt sound good!". I tore myself apart for the first hour of the show! but once dave announced his great news and hearing the happiness in in his voice made me feel really excited for casey and dave!

My family always said that babies in the house give the house more life. the giggles, the cries, the jibber jabber drool of nothing really makes a house feel like home. Never understood it until i grew up.

I dont have kids, but i watched my nieces, nephews and cousins grow from the moment they came out of the hospital till now half of them graduating high school this year! i love the fact that i know every embarressing moment too. From the poop on the floor stories to their first dates. just makes me realize DAMN IM GETTING OLD!!!!

WampusCrandle
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
oh, Kathleen From The Bronx!
What a wonderful blog to fit such a great occasion! i mean, i was happy, delighted, tickled, even proud, of Dave and thrilled for Casey as they wil be entering into a phase few can have - they will be the greatest parents for their child to be! my god, i'm getting giddy, but you know what, i will embrace it! i feel, like most im sure, close to Dave and Casey through the show and the fact that they let us into their daily life and routine - to know they are having a child just made me remember when my brother and sister came home from the hospital, though, i was not as pleased as you, KFTB! I was mad that i wasnt the only child, and that my castle was being attacked by new borns! anyway, i'm thrilled for the parents to be!
David Bowie - oh what a master he is! He is like a super hero to me, with that great voice and style to match! One of my favorite shows, The Venture Brothers, featured him as a super hero. he is a god - "Under Pressure" is my favorite song!
http://www.ryanblock.com/wp/files/vbbowie.jpg
Mr. Bowie in action!

my last name, now changed, used to be "Kracke" a horribly german last name that brought childhood pain - "Wacky Kracke" and other witty childhood remarks; this was made worse by my first name scott - "Scotty Potty" - a gem! i always wanted to change my name to one with only four letters, like Carl, Otis, or Wade (i have no idea why!).

ok, i need to shut up, but i must say "Another Great Blog by 'Lady Kathleen From The Bronx'!" Really, just great - good job!