You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
12/12-13/07 Just Some Random Stuff [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 12/12-13/07 Just Some Random Stuff

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

I was just outside on my back deck...I woke up randomly in the middle of the night and I couldn't go back to sleep...so I thought I'd drop you a line..... Hey, so I mentioned I was outside... It is sooo foggy! I have never seen such thick fog.... In all me days! Pea souper....

For real though, it has to be the foggiest that it's ever been... otherwise.. why would I have had that exact thought? It must be true then.... It's like London Fog, son!

Am I the only one who thinks that it must be bloody great to wear a London Fog trench-coat in murky fog? I just like it when things are super-appropriate...I just like things to come together like that.... You know those coats, right? Do people still wear those...? I just remember them being around when I was a kid, maybe my father had one..... and when it was foggy out.... I'd think, "YESSS! Time for the coat..." For some reason I was a bit intrigued by them..... just cause there was a little imagery workin there in the branding...... like..... London Fog.....Big Ben on the label....the fact that it was a trench-coat.... Such and air of mystery, am I right?? Hello?

Yeah, it's senseless.... but this is the kind of thoughts I have when I'm haunting the house...... Thankfully I ceased that line of weather and fashion pondering..... I started thinking about random stuff from the show...... Phew!

I was thinkin that I neglected to mention how Billy Staples was in the studio on Wednesday.... Good to hear Billy Staples! I'll tell ya one thing though; that was one terrible impression of an Irish brogue that he pulled! Wooo....and I've heard some dooozies as people like to try and yell brogues at red-headed people constantly.... Well, I won't go on and on about that... The point was that it was great to hear Billy Staples.....

Dug it too that it was like a little reunion with Al Dukes callin in! It's funny how conversation always turns to Al blocking Billy's stuff from gettin on the air back in the day........ Billy told how then he would talk to Ron and Fez about these bits and how they'd always be like, "AL! What are you doin!?! This shit is GOLD!" Ron responded to this account by saying, "Yeahhh... THAT was US!" Fez concurred..."Yeah, that sounds like us alright!"

And yez had Mike the Teacher in too! That's always a good thing.... and he always gives me plenty of more things to be scared of...... like zombie rats.... zombie ants.....chimps with photographic memories.....eyelash mites.... Ron screamed, "Ohhh GOD! Now I feel like I gotta scrub my eyes!!!" Yeah, I know.... me too.... With all the craziness and germs in the world Ron was sayin, " "I don't even know why we stay alive!" Again.. seriously... it's something... cause I tell you, just having the knowledge that eyelash mites exist should be enough to kill me....

I was loving the conversation though..... So interesting.... stuff like, "Stop looking at the human.... there's a whole universe inside us," is really pretty trippin.... I also loved the discussion about how, "Outside of your little reality... there is so much reality that we pay no attention to..."

It was a really fascinating conversation.... and I enjoyed too when Billy would interject with questions like, "Then why don't mermaids come up outta the water!?!" and, "What the hell's the sense!?!" and, "When are we gonna be Dennis Quaid and walk from Washington D.C. to New York in an ice storm to save his son?"

Man, I hadn't heard that scientists were suggesting that at some point we are all gonna turn into Dennis Quaid! Now that, my friends, is a startling revelation!

My favorite part was when Mike the Teacher was tellin Ronnie about how he'd love to see what's gonna happen in the future..."I won't be around 100-200 years from now...." and Billy Staples goes, "Why!?" Ahhhh.... that made me laugh......I would call that segment with Mike the Teacher and Billy Staples, "Funny and informative!" That's the blurb..... Feel free to use it!!!

Ohhh.... forgive me.... cause this only came up for like two seconds today.... but I was just thinking about it.... and you know I have this problem with not keeping thoughts to myself... Well, Ron said today, when talking about local news, "No matter what city I'm in, I think, 'Hey! That guy's on in New York!' "

For some reason that reminded me of this one time a few years after we had moved down here, my brothers and I were all wasted and found ourselves in the middle of this retardedly nostalgic conversation about the ole local newscasters....weathermen..... Remember, we didn't have cable... so.... eh...maybe that might explain...... We're all like, "Remember that weatherman Mr. G!?!" It was pathetic....... a real low point. I was disgusted, "Look at yez..... sentimental for Warner Wolf, Michelle Marsh and Mr. G.!" I think it's one of those things that when you move away from New York.... any little thing seems like super-sentimental.... Ugh! What a pitiful lot..... wiping away a tear while uttering, "Let's go (chokes up a little).... to the video... tape!" just like Warner Wolf... Again.... a low point..... Oh shit! I just remembered how one drinkin birthday, on the air a few years ago, Fezzie yelled out the name, "Gayle Guyardo!!"an anchorwoman in Florida..... Hey, maybe this all isn't as uncommon as I had suspected!

Ahhh but there are all kinds of low points, aren't there!?! Indeed.... Ronnie B. was sayin just the other day that in Miami, "there was this place that opened at three and closed at nine in the morning..... At five they came out with miniature baloney sandwiches.... and you just knew if you were in a bar at Five A.M., eating a miniature baloney sandwich, your life was going NOWHERE."

So, for some it's sandwiches of bad lunch meat..... for some it's having dewy-eyed remembrances of local news peoples.... Oh! but the other thing I was thinking about.... I've noticed just from traveling around the country a lot how crazy other cities' local news tends to be....... or ya know... way different....... Some of these rinky dink places have local news that seems fake.... like it's a movie about a local news studio in some half-water burg.....if that even makes any sense... Then there are others that seem like the news in a cartoon..what with all the frantic news music... Yeah, Action News in Philadelphia always used to remind me of cartoon news from Batman..... or something like that.....

One time we were out in Las Vegas for nine days.... for Brian's job..... Good deal..... So, now and then I'd see some of the local news....and I tell you...... like every cliche, anchorman-like seque utilized some terrible gambling pun! "Going over to weather...are we having any LUCK this weekend with this heat?" ...."The chips are stacked against it..." "A local man GAMBLED with his life and lost..." It was something....I was like, "Jeeez! Do you people have to go through this everyday as you hear about sports and weather and crime!?! The constant Las Vegas-style puns!"

Astounding.... I wondered if everyday of these newscasters lives they had to recite these puns.....till it ate em all up inside.....day after day, gambling reference after gambling reference....... I wondered if local people who watched the news there, ever had enough of em.........or if they'd even noticed....after being bombarded so long.....

Maybe Vegas puns just come as naturally as breathin once you've been out there for a while....... I wonder......

I'm straying back into nonsensical thinking again...... All of these findings will one day be compiled into a large Anthropological report and it will be the most worthless piece of shit you've ever seen! Scholars will pour over it and erupt in disgust, "What the hell does all this about local news have to do with anything!?!" Well, what are you gonna doooo....?

OK! Well, the other that I was doing to entertain myself for the better part of the night was practicing my impression of a severely nasally man saying, "I don't know if you get my humor..... I'm very drrrrrrrrry...." Who says shit like that!?! Ahhh anyway...... I just thought I'd write and say wassup and tell you random stuff.... It's been light out for a while now and it's still exceptionally foggy! Eeerie, dawwgs....... Maybe when I wake up to hear today's show it will be gone.... OK then, later gators....

Signed,

kathleen from the Bronx :):):)

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-14-2007, 04:51 AM
http://wcbsfm.org/mrg.jpg

CassiusClay
12-14-2007, 04:52 AM
Kathleen...you are the bomb.com

Thebazile78
12-14-2007, 05:48 AM
The first, last and only time I was asked (even in jest) about why I wasn't married or didn't have kids yet was at my step-sister's bridal shower.

I was sitting at a table with my mother and my aunt Lillian and Mom pointed out that she and Aunt Lillian are the same age, but Lillian has a grandchild already. Where was her grandchild?

I took a sip of my adult beverage, grinned and answered:

"Why don't you ask Gerald?"

[Gerald is the one of our family who is most likely to have produced the intergalactic space-bastards that the original Star Trek series gleefully prevented by killing off all the chicks that Captain Kirk had ever boffed before the end of the episode.]

That stumped her and she started to apologize.
I dissolved into the giggles.

Lurkin McWeirdo
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
"All of these findings will one day be compiled into a large Anthropological report and it will be the most worthless piece of shit you've ever seen!"

:clap:brilliant:clap:

drjoek
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Warner Wolf Loses his teeth on the Air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1YK2YMlSg
If you had Knicks and 24 points..... You lose!!

The Blowhard
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
For some reason that reminded me of this one time a few years after we had moved down here, my brothers and I were all wasted and found ourselves in the middle of this retardedly nostalgic conversation about the ole local newscasters....weathermen..... Remember, we didn't have cable... so.... eh...maybe that might explain...... We're all like, "Remember that weatherman Mr. G!?!" It was pathetic....... a real low point. I was disgusted, "Look at yez..... sentimental for Warner Wolf, Michelle Marsh and Mr. G.!"

There's something very strange about being nostalgic about newscasters and weathermen. I still have wild dreams about Pat Harper, a cougar who anchored Channel 11 News back in the 70's.. I also remember counting WABC's Bill Beutel's age spots. And don't get me started on my obsession of Carol Martin's crossed eyes on WCBS. Ah, great memories!

WampusCrandle
12-16-2007, 09:54 AM
great blog, Kathleen From the Bronx! i really hope that Mike the Teacher makes more appearances! He makes me think . . . that i need to clean much more than i do!

Great Blog, KFTB!