You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
12/21/07 Thank You Ron and Fez!!! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 12/21/07 Thank You Ron and Fez!!!

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

I snapped out of my trance to the sound of Brian's voice askin, "Are you SO stoned? Why are you watching how mattresses are made?" I shook my head, "Huuh?" I had no idea what was on T.V....... I wasn't really watching that show on Discovery..... So what if I was? Maybe I'm interested in how things are made, why make a big deal? Yeah, no need to get all defensive, cause I really wasn't watching anything.....Oh yeah, I wasn't stoned either.... I was just thinking about stuff... and you know how sometimes when you're thinking deep you might zone out, staring out into space..?

Sometimes people will point and laugh when they catch you in that daze,"WHAT were you thinkin about???!" and then maybe you feel like you're bein ridiculed.... so you respond, "I was thinkin about how some people don't know how to mind their own damn business!!!" Nah, I'm just actin cranky cause I know that in such a state, I am certainly getting caught with a dumb look on my face.... annnd it's embarrassing. Well, tonight I probably wasn't rockin a slack-jawed look.... most likely is was more of a doofy smile..... and I'll tell you what I was thinking about; I'll make it ya b'nesss...

I always love the Ron and Fez Christmas Show! That's what I was replaying in my mind.... I loved it right from Fairytale of New York, when I was singing/screaming along..... I always wait and sing the girl parts.... I'll admit something embarrassing...(how novel!)..... I have the Kristi McColl lines down pat...and in the back of my mind it's just so if I have to, I'll be ready for the karaoke.... or for when The Pogues need me..... If you need somebody to angrily spew, "You scumbag, you maggot, you chap lousy faggot!!!" I'm yer gal.... Man, that has to be one of the greatest Christmas songs ever.... and it just feels so homey to hear.......as do the screams of a red-headed child being beaten with a belt! Is this show made for me, or what??!!

I laughed so hard to hear Black Earl snap.... again.... and take that strap to East Side Dave who wouldn't stop doing an impression of Earl's deceased grandma.......And to think that the show had started with the two of 'em sharing a Christmas kiss as if under some satellite mistletoe.....

I loved hearing Fezzie's parrot-voiced impressions of Earl each time he repeated someone else's ideas...... as if they were his own thoughts.... So funny.. Ron asked Earl, "A lot of things you hear in this room, do you think that they are in your head? Do you think they are your thoughts??" I cackled there too, but then stopped abruptly....

I dunno.... cause sometimes..hmmm... many, many times.. the things said in that room DO seem like MY thoughts! ....Haven't I always feared robots? Haven't I always threatened to beat people wit a bag of hot nickels? I don't know anymore... I just don't know.... All the plotting to name my pets after the neighbors' children is all me though, right? Hmm.....No, no..... those are Brian's ideas..... Hmmm.... I steal his thoughts too... Oh, but I'm pretty sure that my belief that Tyne Daly and Bruce McGill are actually the same person is all me..... I'm fairly confident in that... cause why would you people be thinking about those two? Does anyone even know who Bruce McGill is... and how if he and Tyne Daly are NOT the same person one would be in their rights to utter, "Doppelganger.... doppelganger......"

I do know that it's very cool to hear the studio packed with people...... Not to get too hippie on yez, but even at home, felt good vibes coming through.....and it's lovely...... Extra lovely cause I know how that is, to see you guys do your thing live and to be around other people diggin it tooo........leaving with the warm-fuzzies lingering after all that and with smiles that last for days, remembering..... Yeah.... Of course it really made me really wish I was there!

Holy moly! I don't need to tell you that I loved The Ron and Fez Year End Awards~ Senior Superlatives, right? Fez says, "Oh yes, how I always look forward to these awards..." Ronnie B. replies...." This is a tradition we started this year...." Oh yeah, I dug..

I don't need to tell you, right?!!!

I was loving every category from Best Party of the Year right down to Black Earls Meltdown of the Year... You are not gonna find many award shows that have a category for Favorite Jew of the Year! So funny to hear Fezzielou give the acceptance speeches of those unable to be there.... in particular when the music came on to play him off the stage and he's all, "I'm not finished!!" Yeah, I immensely enjoy when Fez Whatley's voice takes a dramatic, frantic turn..... Gits me every time!

I was really happy to hear that ronfez.net were the winners of the award for Best Message-board of the Year....! I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I really enjoy hanging out over there...

So I was thinking of the awards.... and I was thinking about this Christmas show.... It occurred ot me that after all these years of listening to you guys, it really doesn't feel like Christmas until I hear your end-of-the-year show...I do feel Christmasy then...... As you play The Pretenders' Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, I do find myself with that feeling of glowy sentimentality..... thinking about all the good times and gigantic laughs..

So that's what I was thinking about while not really watching a show about mattresses.

I was thinkin that I couldn't begin to thank you guys for all the goodness everyday..... I've mentioned the laughs... I couldn't stress the gratitude for those enough, or the fact that those three hours a day feel like such great company, just like hanging out....... and then there have been all these beautifully interesting interviews that just blow me away...where I am left feelin like, "Holy shit, I just heard something amazing..." That happens a lot listening to this show.... You know people, it just feels pretty lucky to be able to have all that, for hours a day.....to know that you're in for hours of inspiration everyday....... I know many people feel that way, I definitely do..... Well, Like I said....I couldn't begin to tell you! Thanks Ron and Fezzie for all the happiness that your show gives me everyday, thanks for giving me so much to think about and laugh about even later on.....where I'll get caught laughing out loud in public by myself or, zoning out and geekin..........

I thank you for all of that, even though you guys are making me appear even more stoned and crazy...

Love my buddies Ron and Fez! Love to The Ron and Fez Show and all the Ron and Fez fans in the world........ Happy Winter Carnival...... Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, wonderful New Year...... See you in 2008 !! Peace and love,

Signed,

kathleen from the bronx :):):)

Gmann
12-23-2007, 03:19 AM
And thank you Kathleen, and a very genuine Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Gvac
12-23-2007, 05:01 AM
I do believe Kathleen is clinically insane. How else do you explain the maniacal thoughts and ramblings she posts here on a daily basis?

Thank God for her. She makes it easier for the rest of us who think just like her.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Brian, Katie.

You're amazing. My only disappointment is that we didn't get to hang together more in 2007. Here's hoping that changes in 2008.

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-23-2007, 05:30 AM
And thank you Kathleen, and a very genuine Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Thanks buddy :0) !!! Merry Happy to you toooo.......

I do believe Kathleen is clinically insane. How else do you explain the maniacal thoughts and ramblings she posts here on a daily basis?

Thank God for her. She makes it easier for the rest of us who think just like her.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Brian, Katie.

You're amazing. My only disappointment is that we didn't get to hang together more in 2007. Here's hoping that changes in 2008.

http://msnsmileys.net/emoticons/Kucco/Blushing.gif Aw dude! Hmm.... Isn't there some kinda "awwww YOU!" emoticon I could be using.... Hmmm.... My favorite thing is that unlike so many well-meaning folk, you don't try to make me believe that I'm NOT crazy! There's no, "There, there ole gal... you're perfectly sane.." I appreciate this, quite refreshing! Heeeheee....

Yeah man, it's all about 2008..... Looking fwd to much more hanging out..... :0)

DiabloSammich
12-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Kathleen, congratulations on your prestigious award, and thank you for your ramblings, no matter how esoteric. Just when I start to label myself a "huge fan", I read your blog and realize I still got some work to do.

p.s. Just got Ziggy's Gift from Amazon and it's just as great as it was back then. Seek it out!

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Hey Diablo Sammich! Thanks so much man :0) Hey, crazy you brign up Ziggy's Gift! I'm gonna be watchin that tonight over at my in-laws house!! They have an ole VHS copy...... Woohoo!

http://www.slocartoon.net/cartoons/images/003000/3719.jpg

Happy Winter Carnival to ya..... :0)

DiabloSammich
12-23-2007, 05:45 AM
A little guy....about so high...

Classic.

WampusCrandle
12-23-2007, 09:27 AM
i'm not going to post a whole thing about how great KFTB is right now, even thought i could. i am just gonna say, it was another great end of the year blog, and we will miss the blog for one week! devistating to my reading, of course.

have a great Christmas and a happy New Year, Lady Kathleen From The Bronx

drjoek
12-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Thank you Kathlen from the Bronx for your perfect companion poece to my favorite show. You Are the Bestest
:clap:

djjd
12-23-2007, 12:24 PM
http://h1.ripway.com/djjd62/shanella.jpg

"The boys of the NYPD choir
Were singing Galway Bay
And the bells were ringing out
For Christmas Day"

a very merry christmas to you and yours kathleen, and all the best for the new year

Arch Stanton
12-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Budday!! Very well done. Was so glad to be in Studio when you were announced as the winner of the award.

Thanks for all the hard work and I look foward to next year. I will look into getting you a spot on Wackbag to copy and paste your work. We have a Ron and Fez Forum there.

S0S
12-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Congratulations on being Ron and Fez's Listener of the Year.

:thumbup:

johnfromstateni
12-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Kathleen - Here's to you from another old listener who's moved way out to the fringe of the community .... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all the buddies out there. And if anyone from the show is looking in, thanks again for all of the hard work you guys do all year long just so that we can feel like we're in with your in crowd, 'stead of just buying some cotton candy and walkin' down the midway.

C'YA in 08!
:clap:

drjoek
12-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Daniel Simpson Day.... Has no grade point average all courses incomplete

Kathleen From The Bronx
12-24-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.puzzleworld.com/images/USA/usa-04503-LG.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks...again.... :0)

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!

k:):):)

moochcassidy
12-25-2007, 04:08 AM
happy winter carnival to the best listener, best friend and greatest living human on the planet earth.

on behalf of all the bloggheads...

hug yerself

you win

(kicks heap)

edit- i will elaborate on the above sentiments at greater length when we're allllllllllllllll liquored up in NYC.

drusilla
12-26-2007, 07:08 AM
thank you for being you kathleen!!!

(dino makes fun of us & calls us gay for each other)

buzzard
01-11-2008, 01:58 PM
KFTB fan since ...ever! now my holidays are complete so what If it's the 11th of January.:clap: