You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Next WWE Champion [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Next WWE Champion

SpicyMcHaggis
12-23-2007, 01:29 PM
We all know by now that the WWE Championship is the only title that really counts in World Wrestling Entertainment. Randy Orton, the current champion, will defend it against Jeff Hardy, the current Intercontinental Champion. My question is in three parts.

1. Is Jeff Hardy ready for the main event spot and an eventual WWE title run?
2. Who at this point has potential to also eventually be the WWE Champion?
3. Will WWE just end up putting the title back on someone "reliable" like Cena or Triple H?

King Hippos Bandaid
12-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Hardy isn't winning anything, if he does, for a week or 2 when HHH will turn heel

then Batcheesta is supposed to win the rumble, then challenge HHH at Mania for the title

then Cena comes back into the picture

DarkHippie
12-23-2007, 01:33 PM
They will never put it on Jeff Hardy cause he's not a heavyweight.

NickyL0885
12-23-2007, 02:51 PM
They will never put it on Jeff Hardy cause he's not a heavyweight.

They put it on Mysterio and Jericho. So, why not?

midwestjeff
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
My money is on Sam "Prime Time" Roberts.

K.C.
12-23-2007, 07:17 PM
then Batcheesta is supposed to win the rumble, then challenge HHH at Mania for the title

The better play would be to have Flair win the Rumble and challenge either Orton or Edge at Wrestlemania for the belt and lose to make that his final match.

But if WWE has established anything, its that the only people considered 'legitimate' contenders title runs are HHH, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, Edge, and Cena.

Nobody can break through that glass ceiling these days.

Section 8
12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
To answer your questions:

1. Absolutely, the crowds pop like crazy as soon as his music hits and he seems to never have a bad match. If he does win at the Rumble, I predict he'll hold it until WM where he will defend (and lose) to my answer for #2.

2. Mr Kennedy. That's right, folks. He's over with the people, they either love him or hate him. He has the charisma and the talent necessary to be one hell of a champion.

3. Putting the belt on an "Ol' Reliable" is ALWAYS a possibility at the 'E'. But I'd like to see Michaels or 'Taker with the belt before HHH or Cena.

foodcourtdruide
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
To answer your questions:

1. Absolutely, the crowds pop like crazy as soon as his music hits and he seems to never have a bad match. If he does win at the Rumble, I predict he'll hold it until WM where he will defend (and lose) to my answer for #2.

2. Mr Kennedy. That's right, folks. He's over with the people, they either love him or hate him. He has the charisma and the talent necessary to be one hell of a champion.

3. Putting the belt on an "Ol' Reliable" is ALWAYS a possibility at the 'E'. But I'd like to see Michaels or 'Taker with the belt before HHH or Cena.

1. I agree. I think J. Hardy is way over. I'd love to see what he does with the title, but to be honest I'm really liking Orton's title reign. I hated Orton, but he's a good heel champ.

2. Totally disagree here. I think Kennedy's heat is dying down. He's liked by the fans but his "Mr.Kennnneeedddyyyy" schtick is getting old.

3. I think I've been enjoying the WWE more since Cena has been out.

The Nature Boy
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
We all know by now that the WWE Championship is the only title that really counts in World Wrestling Entertainment. Randy Orton, the current champion, will defend it against Jeff Hardy, the current Intercontinental Champion. My question is in three parts.

3. Will WWE just end up putting the title back on someone "reliable" like Cena or Triple H?

1. Hardy is as ready as he'll ever be, and thats to say that he is. I would give him an extended chase though, he's a phenomenal underdog guy. I wouldn't mind him losing at Mania, but maybe winning at Backlash, to shake up the booking progressions, and build him as a "never give up" guy, and then give him the reign through the summer to see what he does. If hes bombs, Cena takes it to a big Summerslam Pop.

2. Kennedy for sure, for reasons stated above. MVP is definately getting to that point. I think Carlito could be that guy, but he seems to couple his own poor work ethic with some adverse poltiticing, but he's got that "something". I don't know if you are counting Morrison, Punk or Lashley in this debate, if holding the ECW title is analogous, but anyone of them could be credible champs of "the big two".

3. I think they are damn fools if they don't let Flair have a run with one of the brands. I honestly think they could do a southern stadium tour for the Great American Bash and draw 50,000 plus crowds with a victory lap for the man who I might admittedly be biased toward. The people want one more run, give it to them. Let him lose a retirement match at Summerslam, which should be at MSG for the 20th Anniversary(don't know if they'd do the rumble and SS at MSG in the same year, but they did the 10th anniversary there). Hopefully in that time, they build someone up to pass the torch to(maybe thats the backbone of the summer run, maybe Hardy is best in that role).

If Flair is going to win the belt at WM, I'm going to Orlando, I just need to be in the buildilng to see Flair win one title in my life!

King Imp
12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Just like they obviously couldn't wait to put the belt back on Edge, I guarantee that Cena will be given the belt back at either his first PPV back or within 2 RAWs upon his return. Whichever comes first.

cougarjake13
12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
The better play would be to have Flair win the Rumble and challenge either Orton or Edge at Wrestlemania for the belt and lose to make that his final match.

But if WWE has established anything, its that the only people considered 'legitimate' contenders title runs are HHH, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, Edge, and Cena.

Nobody can break through that glass ceiling these days.

unless your name is RVD or king booker

cougarjake13
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Just like they obviously couldn't wait to put the belt back on Edge, I guarantee that Cena will be given the belt back at either his first PPV back or within 2 RAWs upon his return. Whichever comes first.

as soon as cena is ready to come back he'll get it back like edge

and i agree that hardy and kennedy are definitely in line if they decide to push them, at the least it'll bring in new blood and fueds instead of having to se hbk and trips all the time

but you all are forgetting one guy

http://www.kupywrestlingwallpapers.info/wallpapers/jbl_preview.jpg

he'll definitely be getting the belt sometime before cena comes back, most likely a hardy or jericho takes it from orton and then jbl defeats hardy/jericho and holds it til he loses it to cena again

wildcard is they somehow tie in the JBL Jericho fued with orton and have a triple threat which JBL will win

SpicyMcHaggis
12-24-2007, 03:37 PM
I loved JBL as champion to be quite honest because the guy knew how to get heat and he did it well. It was a very old school way of just living the gimmick and as much I may have had vocalized hatred for his title run, I appreciate now due to the lackluster title reign Batista had, Taker had, and the abysmal run Khali had. JBL on Raw will definitely be entertaining.

cougarjake13
12-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I loved JBL as champion to be quite honest because the guy knew how to get heat and he did it well. It was a very old school way of just living the gimmick and as much I may have had vocalized hatred for his title run, I appreciate now due to the lackluster title reign Batista had, Taker had, and the abysmal run Khali had. JBL on Raw will definitely be entertaining.

exactly hopefully is not a short run that ends with him jobbing to cena again

Chimee
12-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Undertaker would have had a better title run if he didn't get injured a week after he won it.

cougarjake13
12-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Undertaker would have had a better title run if he didn't get injured a week after he won it.

yeh i was enjoying that til he got hurt

conman823
12-25-2007, 08:13 PM

- Yes, but he will not get a title run. His past issues with the company and other politics will stop that from happening. I think he will enjoy a main event status though.

-Kennedy if he settles into a ring style and stops looking like hes shocked to be in the ring everytime he goes out there. If he put some real confidence behind the character he will be awsome one day.

-Historically the title is always put on someone reliable and swapped out to some other main eventers to create storylines and matches. Cena is definatley not going anywhere (although I personally can stand him, like I couldn't stand Hogan back in the day), HHH does a good job of pretending he isn't the old guy in the club but he really is. That said he should be getting some shots, but not a long reign like Cena.

conman823
12-25-2007, 08:15 PM
JBL on Raw will definitely be entertaining.

JBL is needed back on Smackdown badly, RAW needs to stop stealing from other brands or just fucking end the "Brand Extension" already.

After his come back angle with jericho he should be sent back to SD for an immediate title reign heading into WM.

conman823
12-25-2007, 08:26 PM
3. I think they are damn fools if they don't let Flair have a run with one of the brands.

ECW. Final match a scaffold/Ring of Fire/TLC Match with Terry Funk. Flairs last moments in wrestling immortalized by a gash on his head. Blood soaked hair as he stands up on the scaffold over a equally as bloody Funk. Flair struts 2 steps slicks back the hair and WOOOOOOO.....then Funk kicks him in the back. Flair falls 2 stories into a flaming pile of tables. Crowd goes wild "HOLY SHIT!! HOLY SHIT!!". Paramedics and Vince McMahon comedown the aisle and Vince gets in Flairs face and utters the almighty: "YOUR FIRED!!!"

Kevin
12-25-2007, 09:25 PM
ECW. Final match a scaffold/Ring of Fire/TLC Match with Terry Funk. Flairs last moments in wrestling immortalized by a gash on his head. Blood soaked hair as he stands up on the scaffold over a equally as bloody Funk. Flair struts 2 steps slicks back the hair and WOOOOOOO.....then Funk kicks him in the back. Flair falls 2 stories into a flaming pile of tables. Crowd goes wild "HOLY SHIT!! HOLY SHIT!!". Paramedics and Vince McMahon comedown the aisle and Vince gets in Flairs face and utters the almighty: "YOUR FIRED!!!"

Thats fucking terrible.. That would mean that his career would literally ... Go down in flames..

SpicyMcHaggis
12-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Wasn't Flair a Smackdown Superstar last time we saw him before this angle started? Shouldn't he be on that show as well? Vince could put him to work on both shows to feel in his mind a guaranteed victory over Flair working him to the point where he'll have no choice to retire yet Flair always survives. It'd be safer to put him up against more mid-carders who can be given the rub by working Flair and only on occassion leading up to WrestleMania having him beat the bigger stars.

cougarjake13
12-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Wasn't Flair a Smackdown Superstar last time we saw him before this angle started? Shouldn't he be on that show as well? Vince could put him to work on both shows to feel in his mind a guaranteed victory over Flair working him to the point where he'll have no choice to retire yet Flair always survives. It'd be safer to put him up against more mid-carders who can be given the rub by working Flair and only on occassion leading up to WrestleMania having him beat the bigger stars.

he was and it was one of the reasons he went away for a while he didnt like being on the b show

conman823
12-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Thats fucking terrible.. That would mean that his career would literally ... Go down in flames..

BUT!......it would add the final tribute to his career as "Hardcore Legend".

SpicyMcHaggis
12-27-2007, 06:55 AM
He's not a hardcore legend. Funk, yes, Flair, no way in hell. Just because he has the best crimson mask in wrestling history doesn't mean he's hardcore.

conman823
12-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Thats why he would ADD "Hardcore Legend" to his resume. Really as much as I love Flair at this point its kinda sad to see him out there, if WCW wasn't so fucked in the head in the 90's THEY should have given him a big send off. Anyway heres some classic Flair to end all the hub-bub...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6G5CaQzEsc