You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
CT & Jivin Special Edition: Star Wars Ep I: The Phantom Menace Commentary [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : CT & Jivin Special Edition: Star Wars Ep I: The Phantom Menace Commentary

C_T
12-30-2007, 09:08 PM
The Week of 12/31 podcast is now available through the RSS feed (iTunes for most) or the website: http://www.ctandjivin.com

CT & Jivin wrap up 2007 by doing a running commentary on Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace We'll be back to the regular show next week
Happy New Year! May 2008 be less of a cock tease than 2007!

As explained in the podcast itself, unless you listen to this while watching the movie it will make absolutely no sense.

Interact with the show! Call the CT & Jivin Suicide Prevention Hotline at 718-312-8492 and leave us any feedback on topics we discussed, suggestions for future segments, or anything else!

SchnitDick
12-31-2007, 03:28 AM
Awww you guys even did a show during your holiday...how sweet, you must really love us or something cheesy like that haha

Dan 'Hampton
01-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I couldn't get myself to actually watch that piece of excrement again so I decided to stick it out and listen anyways.
I agree whole heartedly on the technological regression of the series. I especially hated how at the end of the third movie they try a half assed attempt to tie them in with the originals by having Jimy Smits taking Luke and Leah off in his late 70's futuristic space machine that is operated by pressing black and red buttons, all while enjoying the comfort of a minimalistic white interior. It even seems like they made his charactor start dressing 70's ish.
KILL YOURSELF .

debit
01-02-2008, 06:27 AM
I think the Palpatine is the most interesting figure in the whole prequel. He alone brings down the Old Republic. Despite all the setbacks he keeps winning: the death of Darth Maul, Count Dooku, General Grevious (urghh... what's with the 'evil names' for bad guys, so we don't get confused and cheer for them, maybe he should have named them Darth Forced-Sodomy and General Herpes) he even turns the breaking of the trade blockade into a victory by getting elected Chancellor. He's a genius. I think the movies should have been about him and his apprentices/pawns.

PS You should do commentary on Ghost Rider.

BlackFan
01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Man jiv...buddy u didn't deserve all that yelling on o&a I'm sure u only dumped what tom told u

badorties
01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I think the Palpatine is the most interesting figure in the whole prequel. He alone brings down the Old Republic. Despite all the setbacks he keeps winning: the death of Darth Maul, Count Dooku, General Grevious (urghh... what's with the 'evil names' for bad guys, so we don't get confused and cheer for them, maybe he should have named them Darth Forced-Sodomy and General Herpes) he even turns the breaking of the trade blockade into a victory by getting elected Chancellor. He's a genius. I think the movies should have been about him and his apprentices/pawns.

PS You should do commentary on Ghost Rider.

the prequels focused way too much on palpatine and politics

they should've made the jedis the focus of the first one with an emphasis on obi-wan and anakin (like the clone war cartoon) ... make the second about the rise of the empire, and anakin's fall from grace and make the final act about vader and the start of the rebellion (align the final scene to the start of ANH)

the prequels timeline had the empire's wicked reign only 18 years, which isn't really all that impressive

Old Fitzgerald
01-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Nice!, one of my favorite past times is getting drunk and trashing episode one, defiantly be checking this one out,

tdawg420
01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Unlike what Black Fan said, I'm terribly dissapointing at all these dumps. although I listen on XM and hear no dumps, I feel I have the right to voice whatever I want. I like having this forum to let you in on my utter dissapointment. If its not long distance charges, its listening to chunks of dead air. Oh and to the both of you, I'm not to impressed on the star wars commentary. The one I downloaded must of had scenes added and cut out cause it would match up, then not match up. So I have to find a copy ripped from the DVD. I Fucking hate star wars and Saw the phantom menace on a field trip to the theatre. I fell asleep through it and turning it on to listen to the commentary with it, made me realize how cartoonish, and childish the production was. The Ghostbusters had more realistic characters. What a shit movie. Why am I even sitting through that. You guys keep rubbing shit in my eyes whether its a phone bill or star trek shit. But yeah lookin foreward to your comeback show here. I hate message boards. PEACE

-Trevor

Dan 'Hampton
01-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Unlike what Black Fan said, I'm terribly dissapointing at all these dumps. although I listen on XM and hear no dumps, I feel I have the right to voice whatever I want. I like having this forum to let you in on my utter dissapointment. If its not long distance charges, its listening to chunks of dead air. Oh and to the both of you, I'm not to impressed on the star wars commentary. The one I downloaded must of had scenes added and cut out cause it would match up, then not match up. So I have to find a copy ripped from the DVD. I Fucking hate star wars and Saw the phantom menace on a field trip to the theatre. I fell asleep through it and turning it on to listen to the commentary with it, made me realize how cartoonish, and childish the production was. The Ghostbusters had more realistic characters. What a shit movie. Why am I even sitting through that. You guys keep rubbing shit in my eyes whether its a phone bill or star trek shit. But yeah lookin foreward to your comeback show here. I hate message boards. PEACE

-Trevor

God you SUCK.

tdawg420
01-02-2008, 07:54 PM
God you SUCK.

I'm Sorry

SchnitDick
01-03-2008, 03:30 AM
You can't blame jivin for the dump on o&a. he was just doing his job. doesn't mean you agree with the dump, he probably doesn't either, but its his job to dump, not to ensure all the funny lines get out.

Besides jivin needs to stay on Tom's good side, come april when o&a don't get resigned we need to get CT & Jivin on in the mornings :)

JustJon
01-03-2008, 06:40 AM
I'm still in the middle of listening to the podcast, but I pretty much know the movie by heart. The worst part is just all dead air from when you guys are just watching the movie.

There are bits and pieces of Ep1 I do like, and alot I don't. Wooden acting, certain things that are obviously added for toys and no other reason. Obvious characters that were supposed to carry to other movies and then were replaced with other characters (Aurra Sing was obviously supposed to be the bounty hunter at the beginning of Ep2, Captain Panaka, etc.). Poo jokes. An obvious dumbing down of certain things to make it more of a children's movie. Midichlorians and Anakin's father. The keeping of a spacestation's major power source right next to the hanger bay, where a million things could go wrong and blow up your ship.

Back in 1999/2000, someone reedited the movie to tighten it up, take out alot of jar jar, etc. called the Phantom Edit, which may be better.

Dan 'Hampton
01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm Sorry

I'm feeling generous so I accept your apology.

BlackFan
01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't agree with the dumps. but I think cbs just lets him shoulder the blame infront of o&a and tom gives jiv the ol' eh u did a good job kid,speech.

Listening to ct & jivin u can tell they appreciate good radio. O&a ron and fez,but you really can't blame jiv for following the 10,000 commandments at cbs and wanting to eat. I totally back jiv.

As much as I love the guys they can't replace o&a . They don't have the same fan base, and with the way the suits want fast results they'll be axed just as fast as dlr was.NOT SAYING THEY SUCK LIKE DLR,but lets be honest.

SchnitDick
01-03-2008, 04:07 PM
As much as I love the guys they can't replace o&a . They don't have the same fan base, and with the way the suits want fast results they'll be axed just as fast as dlr was.NOT SAYING THEY SUCK LIKE DLR,but lets be honest.

Have you seen the K-Rock ratings???? There is no FM audience for O&A right now

BlackFan
01-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Most of the problem with the o&a audience is they've always been hard to track. O&a have a massive following. And to replace them with an even lesser known radio show is just dumb.

tdawg420
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Jivins the one pushing the buttons! Thats like telling a christian(SP?!?!)Fine people, That Its not god. Its just blasphemy how people are defending him. ITS DEAD AIR! How is some animal behind some buttons, adding chunks of dead air to a syndicated morning show whenever he wants a good thing? Can anybody answer me that? ANYBODY!!!!???...insanity...Lookin foreward to the next so called "normal show" PEACE

Dan 'Hampton
01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm sorry I was wrong tdog420 is an ignorant asshole. Whats your beef with him doing what his boss pays him to do especially if you listen on FM and anything he does doesn't apply to your listening experience?
I was going to relate it to any job that you have to do that you don't like but you're paid to do it and therefore are obligated to do so, but I realized you're undoubtably part of the proud 5 percent and this experience is lacking in your pathetic life.

SchnitDick
01-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Jivins the one pushing the buttons! Thats like telling a christian(SP?!?!)Fine people, That Its not god. Its just blasphemy how people are defending him. ITS DEAD AIR! How is some animal behind some buttons, adding chunks of dead air to a syndicated morning show whenever he wants a good thing? Can anybody answer me that? ANYBODY!!!!???...insanity...Lookin foreward to the next so called "normal show" PEACE

WOW I don't even know where to start with that post.

1 - No s
2 - Download firefox...its spell check function is great
3 - Why are random letters capitalized in the middle of sentences?
4 - It's dead air???? Do you know how dumping works??? There is no dead air, it just keeps going without those 4 second chunks.
5 - WOW just WOW

JustJon
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
If you want to talk about Jivin as dump guy, start a thread in the O&A forum. This thread is for discussing CT & Jivin's show for this week, where they watched Star Wars: The Pantom Menace. Thanks.

tdawg420
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
If you want to talk about Jivin as dump guy, start a thread in the O&A forum. This thread is for discussing CT & Jivin's show for this week, where they watched Star Wars: The Pantom Menace. Thanks.

yeah I guess so eh. THis is why I avoid Message boards, I'm unaware of any ettiquette(SP!?!?!) that is held within the wHole posting on message Boards. But you make SenSe. I apoligize for my obscEne behaviour. The show is only once a week and I Have Bad ADD. I know, I suck. Sorry again. PEACE

-Trevor

BlackFan
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I posted it here cuz I wanted to show jiv my support that's all. I didn't wanna go over the holy grail that is the phantom menace commentary.

SORRY JUST JON " God of the boards"

c1c9k72
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Just got to listen to the commentary. Not sure I'd ever watched the whole Phantom Menace in one sitting, but this definitely made it worthwhile. Can't wait to hear the other two, and any other commentaries you care to do.

Excellent show.

Dodgerchick
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM
OK, Antmeister and I finally got around to watching it just a few hours ago. It took us a few minutes to sync it with your commentary but when we did, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Oh and I won't take the "just go shopping already" comment Jivin ;)

Good stuff, it was almost like watching it with a couple of friends. Looking forward to the other 2!

RickMcCrank47
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
ive seen the movie a few times, so i just listened to the show and imagined the movie in my head as i was working. i was surprised how much i enjoyed without actually having the film right there

C_T
01-30-2008, 06:19 PM
(nothing to see anymore)
and uh... this is totally not CT posting this

Brandon From Ohio.
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM

That is an Airtight Alibi.

RickMcCrank47
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
torrent file here:
http://www.ctandjivin.com/otheraudio/ctandjivin_phantom_menace.torrent

what, who is this...hang up, PRANK CALLER, PRANK CALLER!!!

SchnitDick
02-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Ouch I think someone took a bite out of my torrent. .Come to think of it nevermind I didn't say anything

C_T
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
send me a private message if you're looking for this thing... i can now point you towards a place where you might actually find it

and again.. im totally some dood hacking ct's account! hahahaha

SchnitDick
02-07-2008, 12:24 PM
if there was something to talk about, which there isn't, then I would things appear to be movin along now

Dan 'Hampton
02-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Nothing to worry about. It's not like you're simulcasting a message board championship.

SchnitDick
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Nothing to worry about. It's not like you're simulcasting a message board championship.

Maybe I should hide under a desk

Hey Jivin what are you doing under here?

BillyLiar
02-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Thanks for not posting this anywhere.

I wouldn't dream of continuing to help seed something like this that may or may not even exist... Not that there is anything to seed.

SchnitDick
02-08-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks for not posting this anywhere.

I wouldn't dream of continuing to help seed something like this that may or may not even exist... Not that there is anything to seed.

you are welcome for not do anything at all. I don't even know why you are talking about seeding its still winter, your garden won't grow

Mark_in_FL
02-08-2008, 06:21 AM
When I try and register it says I have a cookie problem, not a seed problem. I am fully enabled to take a cookie, so I don't get it.

Were you guys there before, or did you sign up recently????

SchnitDick
02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
When I try and register it says I have a cookie problem, not a seed problem. I am fully enabled to take a cookie, so I don't get it.

Were you guys there before, or did you sign up recently????

pm me the info for your account and ill take look at it

Dodgerchick
08-30-2008, 07:37 PM
bumpity bump bump

So are we getting a commentary on Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones or what?

jlehane3
08-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Maybe you are patiently :wallbash:waiting for something to happen since Feb 08..:ohmy:..I don't know.I'm very familiar with :unsure:waiting a long time for things that never materialize.The first step is denial. :):clap: