You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Week of 1/7 Podcast [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Week of 1/7 Podcast

C_T
01-06-2008, 04:45 PM
The Week of 1/7 podcast is now available through the RSS feed (iTunes for most) or the website: http://www.ctandjivin.com

listener feedback
what have we really done since 2000?
thoughts on current music
some more fundamental women issues
movies (Jivin reviews There Will Be Blood)
science!
...and more

Interact with the show! Call the CT & Jivin Suicide Prevention Hotline at 718-312-8492 and leave us any feedback on topics we discussed, suggestions for future segments, or anything else!

C_T
01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
out of curiousity i just took a look and found that this is the 3rd longest show we have ever done, clocking in at 2 hours, 42 minutes, 15 seconds.

Dan 'Hampton
01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
out of curiousity i just took a look and found that this is the 3rd longest show we have ever done, clocking in at 2 hours, 42 minutes, 15 seconds.

I love you guys. And I think therefore you owe it to me to put up 2.5+ hour shows each week.

SchnitDick
01-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I love you guys. And I think therefore you owe it to me to put up 2.5+ hour shows each week.

Agreed :)

Especially since its now my busy season at work, and i need to work Saturdays, I need something to keep me entertained

Mark_in_FL
01-07-2008, 06:27 AM
All the older shows were 2 hours or more.... They cut it down to get more feedback they said... I think it was CT who said he did not think people got through 2.5 hours of show.

I disagree but I consider myself a big fan and usually listen to each show 3-4 times during the week reguardless of length.

C_T
01-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I also want to pre-emptively apologize for calling Rick from sarasota "Nick" at one point during the 3-part playing of his phonecall. Not sure what overcame me there, but i heard it when i listened back to the show.

JustJon
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Looking forward to the 5+ hour podcasts...

cpontani
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Looking forward to the 5+ hour podcasts...

Go for a Dane Cook-type record of 12 hours of standup. Actually, I'm still not through the 2.5 hours of this one. An hour to go, and now everybody's back from vacation, so lots to listen to, too little time. :wallbash:

Dodgerchick
01-09-2008, 08:11 AM

Yes, me 2!

First of all, Season 4 of The Wire is probably one of the best I've ever seen. The majority of the episodes left me uncomfortable which is what a good show does.. just truly awesome.

This week's show: I'm not so sure about the shallowness of 90% of the women, but there are quite a few. I know what you mean about women feeling lonely and jump from one relationship to another; I know someone that got divorced less than a year ago and is now engaged to get married! I don't agree with the decision and feel that it's waaaay too soon, but hey, to each their own and I hope she learns something from these quickie marriages.

I'm down to watch both "The Premonition" and "Hannibal Rising", but am having a hard time convincing my husband. According to Netflix, "The Premonition" scored a 2.2 rating, and "Hannibal Rising" a 3.4.. I think you're gonna win this thing Jivin :)

JustJon
01-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Still in the middle of the podcast, but I think the 2000s has been about the content but about the medium. Napster changed everything and we went from cds to digital distribution. DVDs also became popular in the early 2000s, but even that is becoming supplanted by the ability to download movies.

And yes, I liked the Phantom Menace podcast.:tongue:

Dodgerchick
01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
No good inventions for the new millennium? How about these:

Satellite Radio (2001)
Disposable Cell Phones (2001)

Robot vacuum (2002)- for us lazy people
Wireless Headseat (2002)
Breath strips (2002) - instant fresh breath so you can approach the hotties with confidence.

iTunes Music Store (2003)
Camera Phones (2003)

Magic Eraser (2004)

Youtube (2005)- I love being able to listen/watch any song/video whenever I want. I think CT mentioned this at some point in the show.
XBox (2005)

Wii (2006)

iPhone (2007)- I'd buy one if I could afford it, but for now, the iPoor will have to do:

http://a199.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/l_ef9eb766df548829d985d25a03c16dc6.jpg

Honorable mention:

Floating bed: http://www.time.com/time/2006/techguide/bestinventions/inventions/home2.html

RickMcCrank47
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
I also want to pre-emptively apologize for calling Rick from sarasota "Nick" at one point during the 3-part playing of his phonecall. Not sure what overcame me there, but i heard it when i listened back to the show.

just getting around to listening, i was going to call and rant, but i accept the pre-emptive apology.....keep up the good job buddays!

SchnitDick
01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I've got about 15 minutes left in the podcast and its been a really good one, really flown by.

Thanks for the movie review recap, I have updated my blockbuster queue list accordingly :)

RickMcCrank47
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I've got about 15 minutes left in the podcast and its been a really good one, really flown by.

Thanks for the movie review recap, I have updated my blockbuster queue list accordingly :)

are you goin for the premonition/hannibal rising two-fer??
im not sure i can dedicate that much of my life to just shameful cinema

SchnitDick
01-12-2008, 05:06 AM
are you goin for the premonition/hannibal rising two-fer??
im not sure i can dedicate that much of my life to just shameful cinema

haha I love the show but not the much. actually I removed hannibal from my queue list. I made a few other changes but I don't remember them off the top of my head

BillyLiar
01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
(so, I had a long, rambling post.. but then my browser crashed.. im going to switch to the clif's notes version of my post)

Anyway, I figured this would be a good "baby step", by posting here..

I don't think there's a clear invention for this decade.. it almost seems like the last decade was full of such big innovations, we spent the last 10 years improving what we have.

The internet - youtube, and streaming media have made the internet more than text

ipod - storage capacity, and apple's intuitive design changed everything from the 90's mp3's

digital cameras - they were a novelty in the 90's, and now the norm, even for most professonals

SchnitDick
01-13-2008, 10:50 AM
(so, I had a long, rambling post.. but then my browser crashed.. im going to switch to the clif's notes version of my post)

Anyway, I figured this would be a good "baby step", by posting here..

I don't think there's a clear invention for this decade.. it almost seems like the last decade was full of such big innovations, we spent the last 10 years improving what we have.

The internet - youtube, and streaming media have made the internet more than text

ipod - storage capacity, and apple's intuitive design changed everything from the 90's mp3's

digital cameras - they were a novelty in the 90's, and now the norm, even for most professonals

I agree completely. Every big invention was an improvement on something already out there. Phones, Radio, Vacums, Video Games, Music, Video, and everything else listed below were improvements, not "new" inventions.

The only "new" invention I can think of that had big talks behind it is the Segway which bombed horribly.

Satellite Radio (2001)
Disposable Cell Phones (2001)

Robot vacuum (2002)- for us lazy people
Wireless Headseat (2002)
Breath strips (2002) - instant fresh breath so you can approach the hotties with confidence.

iTunes Music Store (2003)
Camera Phones (2003)

Magic Eraser (2004)

Youtube (2005)- I love being able to listen/watch any song/video whenever I want. I think CT mentioned this at some point in the show.
XBox (2005)

Wii (2006)

iPhone (2007)- I'd buy one if I could afford it, but for now, the iPoor will have to do