You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Wrestlers Jumping Ship [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers Jumping Ship

SpicyMcHaggis
01-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Since WWE, TNA and ROH have been for the past couple of years seen wrestlers going from one side to the other, I'd figure I'd make a thread where we could post about who's going where.

According to insider reports, it seems the latest one is "Wildcat" Chris Harris, one former half of NWA World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted alongside "Cowboy" James Storm is in talks with signing if he hasn't already signed with the WWE.

ToddEVF
01-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Ron "The Truth" Killins (better known as K-Qwik) is allegedly in talks with WWE once again, after leaving TNA.

cougarjake13
01-10-2008, 03:04 PM
i dont see the wwe using those guys are more than mid card jobbers

NickyL0885
01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Put them on ECW.

cougarjake13
01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Put them on ECW.

they'd still use them like lackey jobbers

ralphbxny
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
they'd still use them like lackey jobbers

Lacky Jobber should have been my screen name if I had any creativity!

Grendel_Kahn
01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I may be wrong but it seems to me that ECW has become a whole brand full of lackey jobbers.

ToddEVF
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I may be wrong but it seems to me that ECW has become a whole brand full of lackey jobbers.

Wrong? i see nothing wrong with the statement. The misused got sent there, and those who are not ready for the "2 big shows". Some of the ECW guys have potential, but unfortunately it won't come to them until they are released.

ToddEVF
01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Chris Harris has told his colleagues that his agent has come to terms with WWE to be brought on with a booking contract and not a developmental contract. He's telling people he's leaving but who knows. That could just be a way to try to get TNA to offer more money. We'll see in the coming weeks where this goes.

James Storm resigned with TNA officially at the last set of tapings.

conman823
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Chris Harris has told his colleagues that his agent has come to terms with WWE to be brought on with a booking contract and not a developmental contract. He's telling people he's leaving but who knows. That could just be a way to try to get TNA to offer more money. We'll see in the coming weeks where this goes.

James Storm resigned with TNA officially at the last set of tapings.

One without the other won't work in WWE. I think as a tag team they might get over.

Wait what am i saying, a Tag Team get over?? god i must have bumped my head. So sorry...

Harris will be jobber meat.

Fallon
01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
One without the other won't work in WWE. I think as a tag team they might get over.

Wait what am i saying, a Tag Team get over?? god i must have bumped my head. So sorry...

Harris will be jobber meat.

They'll never make it past the glass ceiling of Cade and Murdoch.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5370/smileysuicidesn7.gif

SpicyMcHaggis
01-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Harris is a pretty big guy who works the WWE-style (which is not a lot of moves but a few signature ones in a short amount of time). I think they'll put him on ECW for a while, have him go back and forth on Smackdown for a bit since they've got that talent exchange. I don't see big things happening for him. He doesn't have a lot of charisma.

epo
01-11-2008, 09:11 AM

Pretty much. It's basically seems like OVW with a national tv deal.

JustJon
01-11-2008, 09:24 AM
A friend of mine told me on the phone last night that Meltzer was holding back on a huge WWE signing of a previous multiple time champion. Anyone know who this is?

Chimee
01-11-2008, 09:45 AM
It'll probably just be confirmation on Ron Killings.

King Hippos Bandaid
01-11-2008, 10:11 AM
A friend of mine told me on the phone last night that Meltzer was holding back on a huge WWE signing of a previous multiple time champion. Anyone know who this is?

it was Mick Foley

wrestlezone said this

He is supposed to run a program with Hornswaggle till the RR

then fight someone TBD at Mania

Chimee
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
From TNAWrestling.com

CHRIS HARRIS NO LONGER WITH TNA WRESTLING

Chris Harris is no longer a member of the TNA Wrestling roster. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

cougarjake13
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
From TNAWrestling.com

so his last match in tna is to job to judas mesias

conman823
01-11-2008, 06:48 PM
so his last match in tna is to job to judas mesias

For some reason I think his first match in WWE will be to job to Snitsky.

Vince will probably humble him by sending him to developmental so he can come up to the main roster as some hoaky character.

ToddEVF
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Ron "The Truth" Killings has signed with World Wrestling Entertainment. Killings is a 2-time former NWA World champion. He wrestled for WWE briefly back in 2001 as "K-Kwick".

Killings was also telling people at an indy show he was on last week that he was going to sign the contract World Wrestling Entertainment offered him. His deal is an $80,000 per year downside guarantee, thus meaning that he will bypass developmental and head straight for the main roster upon his arrival.

Chimee
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
it was Mick Foley

wrestlezone said this

He is supposed to run a program with Hornswaggle till the RR

then fight someone TBD at Mania

Wrestling Observer Newsletter has confirmed that that the signing was The Big Show.

NortonRules
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Someone told me Judah Friedlander was going to sign with WWE to be the World Champion.

cougarjake13
01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Wrestling Observer Newsletter has confirmed that that the signing was The Big Show.

wonder why he's coming back ???

cougarjake13
01-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Someone told me Judah Friedlander was going to sign with WWE to be the World Champion.

that might be worse than david arquette's title run

ToddEVF
01-12-2008, 08:25 PM

other than needing the cash, i see no other reason

Chimee
01-12-2008, 08:38 PM

Because he has realized that he couldn't make it as a boxer.

ralphbxny
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM

UGGG.

ToddEVF
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Because he has realized that he couldn't make it as a boxer.

He thought he could? He'd be better off as a traveling Carnie act.

King Hippos Bandaid
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM

I saw that today

he has lost weight also

ToddEVF
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Dave Meltzer also mentions in the Observer that a part of his boxing deal was that Hulk Hogan was to be his "front man" acting like a manager in wrestling for him by doing promos and appearances. This was also the main reason many boxing promoters were actually interested in Big Show and paying him so much money to learn the sport. These plans, however, fell apart at some point, and Show realized that at his age, boxing might not be the right direction to go anyway...

Also. . .

On Friday, TNA announced on their website that Chris Harris was no long a member of the TNA Wrestling roster and later removed the statement.

This doesn’t mean that Chris Harris and TNA has come to an agreement as Chris Harris recently turned down TNA’s latest contract offer because he was unhappy with the offer and opted to let his current deal expire instead.

TNA sources hinted that Chris Harris has been unhappy with TNA as of late and it was obvious that he will no longer be working with TNA. Chris Harris had a good bye dinner with the TNA stars after the TNA Impact television taping this past Tuesday in Orlando, FL.

Chris Harris was one of the original talents which TNA signed when they formed in 2002. He was part of America's Most Wanted, which was one of TNA’s first marquee tag team and held the TNA Tag-Team Championship for a total of seven times.

cougarjake13
01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I saw that today

he has lost weight also

yeh he was at something down here and at first i wasnt sure if it was him or not

BronxJohnny
01-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Is RVD still with the WWE? I saw him on the anniversary show but that was all haven't heard anything of him, and also i kinda wanna see Killings teamup with Shelton Benjamin, who is under utilized and will one day make the WWEregret not pushing him, hes a major talent. Im watching Raw right now and can honestly say Shawn Micheals needs to retire shit im tired of all these old wrestlers. I want some new blood and word what ever happened to the alpha make no longer in the WWE/ECW?

Chimee
01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
RVD is gone, but he could be back and The Alpha Male had some family issues and had to take some time off so they fired him.

ToddEVF
01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Is RVD still with the WWE? I saw him on the anniversary show but that was all haven't heard anything of him, and also i kinda wanna see Killings teamup with Shelton Benjamin, who is under utilized and will one day make the WWEregret not pushing him, hes a major talent. Im watching Raw right now and can honestly say Shawn Micheals needs to retire shit im tired of all these old wrestlers. I want some new blood and word what ever happened to the alpha make no longer in the WWE/ECW?

RVD just did that as a one night thing. However I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Jericho and comes back after a year or two.

Killings and Shelton would be a good ass team. Good Call on that. However then the ECW brand would need a *gasp* tag team division. But then again, that Talent Exchange (or quick way to boost ECW ratings) has sort of fixed that dilemma.

and yes Shawn Michaels should retire. He's no Ric Flair or Terry Funk, atleast they have put over new guys in the past.

The sad part is, if you want to see some new blood you have to watch TNA. . . which has some of the worst finishes in wrestling. But the talent is pretty good.

As for the Alpha Male. . . he seemed to just disappear after a family situation

cougarjake13
01-15-2008, 12:21 PM
they werent really doing much with the alpha male anyway so no big loss

NickyL0885
01-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Say all you want about HBK, the guy still gets it done. I was heartbroken yrs ago when he retired b/c of his back. So, its a joy for me to watch him every week. Id rather see HBK then some other crap guys like Orton, who has no in ring talent and no mic skills. So what he he doesnt put over guys. Who cares. Whos worthy to put over anyways? Kennedy? Hes losing steam. He is talented but he need more mic skills. Screaming his name in a mic is not enough. Kennedy will have his chance. If Jeff Hardy can have one, so can Kennedy.