You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Any travelling ROH fans? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Any travelling ROH fans?

tnbt23
01-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Are there any fellow buddays making the trip to Dayton on 1/25? I'm here in Akron and I'm going..:clap:

King Hippos Bandaid
01-10-2008, 08:02 AM
nope can't stand the fans, you people think you are better fans and more intelligent

Gvac
01-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I have no idea what ROH is.

King Hippos Bandaid
01-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I have no idea what ROH is.

Ring of Honor

the underground Wrestling Fed, they think that since the wrestlers have more creative wrestling moves , they frown on the regular WWE/F fan.

MEH to ROH

MEH

SpicyMcHaggis
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Ring of Honor fans have become the one they never wanted to be...a bunch of smarks. I have said in the past that Ring of Honor is my generation's ECW, and not just for innovation. I say it because the fans have become an elitist group of assholes who cry for blood and extreme athletics at the expense of the wrestler's lives and don't collectively put up the idea that they care for the wrestlers' well being. The NYC crowds are the worst. Just look at the recent Nigel Guinness's promos. They booed him when he said he wouldn't be able to defend the title because of the concussion he sustained after his last title defense. So they chant at him, "Drop the title." Yeah, real respectful when you were all BEGGING that Nigel get the title.

Hosp
01-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I haven't been to an ROH show in about 15 months. The indy scene isn't interesting to me anymore.

JesterOfSadness
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Ring of Honor fans have become the one they never wanted to be...a bunch of smarks. I have said in the past that Ring of Honor is my generation's ECW, and not just for innovation. I say it because the fans have become an elitist group of assholes who cry for blood and extreme athletics at the expense of the wrestler's lives and don't collectively put up the idea that they care for the wrestlers' well being. The NYC crowds are the worst. Just look at the recent Nigel Guinness's promos. They booed him when he said he wouldn't be able to defend the title because of the concussion he sustained after his last title defense. So they chant at him, "Drop the title." Yeah, real respectful when you were all BEGGING that Nigel get the title.

Honestly, I am not a fan at all of Nigel but I think what happened here was ridiculous. I think Nigel even went the distance and called a fan out on the internet(forgot what website).

conman823
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM

Yep, sounds like an NYC crowd. I never approve of attempting to get into the ring or throwing stuff at the wrestlers, after all there just "in character". Booing or chanting Drop the title is a nice way of saying the show must go on.

Wrestling fans are like rock fans, depending on where you go the crowd is different. NYC fans are like pitbulls, just look at what they did too WWE presents ECW. That said I love that atmosphere. I did with ECW and from what you said here i would like ROH. I never got to really see much ROH anyone got some links to good ROH matches??

tnbt23
01-11-2008, 08:18 AM
whoa whoa whoa.. You can't lump all of us ROH fans together in the same group. Are most of them "elitist"? sure they are. But then again so are most fans of anything. Look at Ron & Fez fans for example or O & A fans. We tend to be quite snobby when it comes to the buddays and the show in general. I dont condone what the fans in NYC did to Nigel. However, when those same fans had signs that said "If Cena Wins, We Riot" at ONS 2006, everyone thought that was cool and clever. so its all subjective. ROH fans only became that way because they started believing the hype that all the internet reporters were giving ROH applied to them too. They wanted to be apart of something so bad that they now think that they are a part of the show. (sound familiar?) So they spend most of their time at the shows shouting things to get themselves over with the crowd or just to see themselves on the dvd releases.:wallbash:

EddieMoscone
01-11-2008, 08:31 AM
whoa whoa whoa.. You can't lump all of us ROH fans together in the same group. Are most of them "elitist"? sure they are. But then again so are most fans of anything. Look at Ron & Fez fans for example or O & A fans. We tend to be quite snobby when it comes to the buddays and the show in general.

I'm with you there. I've been to about 75% of the Manhattan shows, and it's usually just a handful of ultra nerds who chant this shit. Most of the crowd is just hot for the action.

I do agree that ROH has become the new ECW, except the wrestling is better and there are less mongoloids in the crowd. Some of those philly fans at the arena were downright scary.

SpicyMcHaggis
01-11-2008, 08:33 AM
I didn't mean to put you all in one group, but for the most part there is a majority fan base that believes they are better than other wrestling fans because they "get it" and think they can control the business with a few clever chants. It's people like that who really annoy me and are one reason I don't go to Ring of Honor shows anymore.