You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
2/01/08 Write Yourself a Note. [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 2/01/08 Write Yourself a Note.

Kathleen From The Bronx
02-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

I've had some strange breakthroughs lately... but I'll tell you about that in a second... First thing I wanted to tell you about though, was this- I hope you're not thinking that I didn't have a lot to talk about this week...since I didn't write... I hope you don't think that cause it wouldn't be true... Please, if you knew how I never shut up about talking about your show around here...Well, there might be like... I dunno.....some weirdness.... Hah, Oh I kid..... but it is a lot.... Shows give the ole gal much to ruminate upon....

I mean... sometimes it really occurs to me that it's a lucky thing Brian listens to the show all the time in the truck when he's working.... like, so he gets it....ya know? I was thinking... about.. what if he had no idea what I was talking about all the time?? "Oh dude, you heard that shit?! He called them, 'The Loose Lips Mahoney Crew!' " And then cackling..... Bri understands.... It's fuckin convenient if nothing else.

Then he puts up with me babbling on about.... "Oh my God, The Loose Lips Mahoney Crew.... would that be like the worst crew? They couldn't keep a secret that crew.... Everybody in the city knows every detail about their secret mafia oath.....Secret, my ass! What the hell am I talking about? ...The Loose Lips Mahoney Crew are probably Westies or some shit... OK...Oh, and dude, like... the F.B.I doesn't even have to like run wire taps or whatever bullshit..... They spill the beans easy, man! Oh and insteada pretending that they are in, "sanitation," or something like that....and always pretending that the mob doesn't exist... The Loose Lips Mahoney Crew is like constantly telling every one that they are, "in organized crime"...... and like.. they even fill in applications stating that as their occupations. "

Brian interrupted my nonsense for a second... He wondered aloud, in a tone bordering on mockery, "Kathleen... Why would the crew be filling out applications.... for what? What forms are The Loose Lips Mahoney Crew fillin out?! Are they paying taxes now...Tryin to work in the mall?"

Tsssk...See, that seemed like a little bit like a the kinda question a wise-apple would ask..... but I didn't over- react and, ya know..... I didn't yell, "Why you gotta BEEE like that?!!!" Instead I said, "Maybe they were signing up for supermarket savings... something like that..... Come on, use your head." Supermarkets are always tryin to give you a card...

Back to my previous question.... What if he didn't wanna put up with listening to me babble? I wonder if I'd transform into the type o gal who tells way too much about their life to people working in the deli section of the supermarket....or to their favorite bank tellers.... Except.... instead of, ya know... telling some funny thing my little niece did, I'll be revealing, "Craziest things today, man! I was dying.. Listen, Fezzie started screaming, "Fly my pretties!!! FLY!!!!" And it was the funniest shit ever- like he was MAD! Mad with power!! Then he was callin the posse, 'His beautiful minions!' It was nuts....I was laughing so hard!!"

People would probably think there was something wrong wit me....like, "that one's screwy".... but then... on the other hand... I really feel like everyone really should take the time to just know what I'm talking about at all times... Everybody in the neighborhood. The butcher, the baker, that burnout the candlestick maker; listen to Ron and Fez so I can talk about the show whenever I want to.... so like it wouldn't just seem like some insane act of desperation... if I wanted to blurt out when somebody asks me if I'm excited about The Super Bowl comin up, "So that guy Tommy Z... The ZMan... the one with the impressions...He took the Hair vs. Hair bet against Fezzie..... That shit was so funny when Ron was yellin, 'If my team, that I loved since I was a kid, lost in the Super Bowl... I DON'T WANT MY HAIR!! What good is hair gonna do me?!!' "

Ummm... yeah.... So, I had a kind of aggravating week....Kind of... in a funk. Hey, hey... I laughed when Ron cut off some tale that Dave was about to tell today... Ronnie goes, "Boy.....This sounds like the beginning of a story I don't wanna hear." Ahhh dudes, I laughed at that.... but I also stored it in my memory bank..... and I was just thinking...just now, "So, I had an aggravating week," DEFINITELY sounds like the start of a story I most likely wouldn't wanna hear. Yo, it's not even one I want to tell! Aye, what a crashing bore...........Well, I'll tell you this other thing instead...

I started knitting again this week.. Does that sound like the beginning of a story you wanna hear either!??! Hah... no.... I'll be quick.... Well I was reminded, right...bout knitting again.... cause of this one story that Ronnie B. told some time in the recent past.....about being a kid a football game in Philly, and in the stands was an ole lady knittin'..... and the crowd grew outraged by this and started to chant vigorously, "Stop that knittin' Stop that knittin'!" I dunno man, that's a really funny scene to me...like a movie....hilarious...... So....that story must have tucked the idea of knitting away in my head....I remembered that, and started knitting? I won't bring my knittin' to a game....

So sometimes subtle suggestions drift into my brain.......and I'll do the opposite, I guess? They were chanting to, "STOP," after all.....That's one thing....Hmmm... Well, anyway.... Other times, listening to the show... stuff you guys talk about hits me directly, like a message, for real.

Oh, oh.... don't worry... I'm not doing the gimmick today where I play it all up like I'm a loon who thinks that the radio's sending me signs.... Yeah, I like to do that sometimes..... but I'm not right now.... I'm just saying, a lot that you guys talk about resonates like you might not expect.... hits me, ya know... and it helps me out.

Like you Ron were talking to Fezzie about some things that were bothering him, when he was having a rough day.... right after one that had been stellar- commanding the posse..."Yesterday you felt good.... you felt great... you hurt another human being...."

.... and Ron said to Fezzielou that the problem is, "You don't like regular life....You only want over-the-top days..." I realized right then, like a bap to the back of the head, that's totally one of my things..... I don't know... I might not be able to explain it accurately, but I was thinking then.....I'll skip right to the end... I had this strange breakthrough about the consciousness of being in the moment and how I so, so rarely am....hmmm.... This is more difficult to explain than I thought it would be....... It's just that suddenly some things I was pressed about made easy sense to me....and I may be able to drop some of my OCDs..... Ahhh welll the point is....when you said that thing to Fezzie, it helped me out for some reason...

........Actually so did Ron's analogy, earlier that day....."When you see those little fish that live under a rock- they just dart out from under the rock to get food or whatever, and then dart right back...... Don't you feel sorry for that little fish?"

........Actually so did this suggestion..."Another thing that would help you get through is drugs and alcohol. Especially if you mix the two...."

........Actually so did that note...almost like perscription... that Ron slipped to Fez after he said to him, writing, "I think I know what your problem is." He slid the note over to Fezzie who opened it, and reading what it was written stated with exasperation, "OK! This says, 'You are retarded.' "

I wrote my own note to myself that told me the same thing...... I carry it with me now..... I look at it when I start to fret or stew..... I look at my note that reads, "You are retarded," and it calms me right down.... and I think, "Oh yeah!"..... and I think .... "Oh my God, how crazy would it be if... God fuhbid..... I was was like.. hit by a bus and that note was found with my belongings?" ...and somebody had to open that lil note up and read, "You are retarded." I would laugh my ass off in Heaven.

I'm getting some therapy offa you people.

Weeeell, from you guys... and now also from that show, In Treatment. I'm diggin that show..... I really like Gabriel Byrne as the therapist..... Dude, I'm telling you something though... If he was my therapist I would give him a HELL of an easier time than any of those kooks he's treating.

You know what was one of my favorite things this week? I'll tell you now that you are dying to know.... I loved it that you guys had Jeffrey Tambor call in. Yes, I love him too....... How fuckin exciting is it that there are talks of an Arrested Development movie!?! I know, right.... I was geeeeeked to hear that lil tidbit from Tambor. That was a good interview, man...I loved all the Larry Sanders talk.... That show was so crazy good..... and I loved it that Ronnie B. was telling him how anybody who's funny thinks that his character, Hank Kingsley, was one of the funniest ever......cause it's true... and I thought.. maybe.... maybe he didn't know, or at least it was cool that he was reminded..... Deserved props, is what I'm sayin..... I reeeally loved it that at the end he said, "Let's talk again...." I had the thought, "Aw Ron and Fez made Jeffrey Tambor happy today..." Good shit...... and then later, when Brian came home I made him talk about possibly twenty different Larry Sanders episodes with me... " 'member, 'member we used to watch that show all the time when we were first goin out, eatin kung pao chicken!?!" Yeaaah......

Anyway, I'm just goin on and on here......I should let yez go, it's late... Great shows this week, I'll have a lot to rap about on our car trip tomorrow........ like chimpanzees in business suits...and... I'm planning on yelling about how I'm proud of being a human being, "Not like those sea turtles! F U sea turtles! You're looking at a Homo Sapien here! AND I SMOKE!" ...cause I didn't bring that up yet and I laughed so hard at that.... and how even though it's been so warm out, I'm really feeling so into the spirit of Black History month this year......You might be surprised how easily all these topics flow into a nice conversation...... Oh wait.... Maybe you might... Eh... ahem, that's right...You're the people who were having them in the first place..... OK... Aiiight.... Peace out homies....

Signed,

kathleen from the Bronx :):):)

djjd
02-02-2008, 02:22 AM
:thumbup:

everyone should carry a card around that say's "You're Retarded", just as a reminder at appropriate times

Lurkin McWeirdo
02-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Up here in Minn., our Twins minor league team has Knitting and Cross Stiching Night. We stink! So when lady misery come she brings her knitting :flush:call back:flush:

drjoek
02-02-2008, 07:38 AM
If youve got a little free time can I place an order
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/drjoek/SYFLibKnitF2L.jpg

TeeBone
02-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Anyway, I'm just goin on and on here......

Keep going, you rule.

hyperspace
02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
note to self i love your hairy meaty manoobs

evil6
02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi Kathleen. Good stuff this "Dear Ron and Fez Show".

Thanks.