You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Wrestler - A Darren Aronofsky Film [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Wrestler - A Darren Aronofsky Film

SpicyMcHaggis
02-02-2008, 09:31 AM
So here's the synopsis from IMDB:

The wrestler is the story of retired professional wrestler, Randy "The Ram" Robinson, making his way through the independent circuit, trying to get back in the game for one final showdown with his former rival. The film stars Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei and is directed by Darren Aronofsky (The Fountain, Requiem for a Dream).

According to a script review on iFilm.com, they say that pro wrestling is given a very respectful treatment and the film has a vibe similar to "Rocky Balboa" (the most recent one).

Last night I was lucky enough (along with Heather 8) to be apart of the filming for one of the matches. It was an awesome time and I even got to get some good pics on my phone. Ajay Naidu who played Samir Nagheenanajar from Office Space was there playing a medic. He was really cool and down with it.

Mickey Rourke looks like he was into it but also had some moments of "What the hell was I thinking?" When I asked the director when it was coming out, he said, "Hopefully by fall if Mickey is still alive by the end of this shoot." I then added, "At least you weren't stuck with Ghost Rider." He laughed at that line and gave me a free shirt of Rourke's character, "The Ram." It was a great experience and I definitely look forward to seeing the movie.

BoondockSaint
02-02-2008, 09:35 AM
It will never be as good as Body Slam.

Heather 8
02-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Last night I was lucky enough (along with Heather 8) to be apart of the filming for one of the matches.

One of the assistants said that was the first shoot he's ever been on where the make-up girls got applause.

I got a ringside seat next to mi papito Chrono Chris, and, proving I have no shame, I was (and will be wearing tonight) my husband's gimmick shirt. Chrono, BTW, was jealous that you "popped" for me, Spicy.

It was really fun, but unfortunately I had to dial it back during the "real" show, lest I lose my energy and voice for the filiming portions.

Tenbatsuzen
02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
One of the assistants said that was the first shoot he's ever been on where the make-up girls got applause.

I got a ringside seat next to mi papito Chrono Chris, and, proving I have no shame, I was (and will be wearing tonight) my husband's gimmick shirt. Chrono, BTW, was jealous that you "popped" for me, Spicy.

It was really fun, but unfortunately I had to dial it back during the "real" show, lest I lose my energy and voice for the filiming portions.

Will you be credits as "Heather 8, with special guest star Fetus 8?"

Fetus 8... ate... starving... Earl, we got any placenta back there?

Heather 8
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Actually Fetus 8 is pretty well hidden from view (thank goodness for XL shirts and guard rails).

weekapaugjz
02-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm a huge fan of aronofsky. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing this.

epo
02-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Was Ron Killings in the house....as the heel is always a necessary component to a wrasslin' match?

DiabloSammich
02-02-2008, 10:45 AM
?

QFT!!!!

epo
02-02-2008, 11:03 AM
QFT!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5bO05C6N_s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5bO05C6N_s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

TheMojoPin
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
It'll be no Gymkata.

JesterOfSadness
02-03-2008, 03:22 AM
I'll be honest I wasn't looking forward to this movie when I hear that originally Nicholas Cage was supposed to play the lead. But since the lead has been changed, I'm now really looking forward to seeing this.

I think they are also filming some things in either JAPW and CZW, unless that's already happened.

Heather 8
02-03-2008, 07:17 AM
also filming some things in either JAPW and CZW, unless that's already happened.

They're filming stuff with CZW at the old ECW Arena this coming Friday. More locations will be announced shortly.

The shoot last night was a blast. The cameras were mainly focused on our section, due to the rowdy fans I surrounded myself with, so there is a very good chance I may be onscreen for a millisecond.

ralphbxny
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Actually Fetus 8 is pretty well hidden from view (thank goodness for XL shirts and guard rails).

We need to teach Fetus 8 to throw his old man brass nucks!!

JustJon
02-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh man, if I knew it was Aranofsky, I would have come out for the filming. Huge fan of his.

Heather 8
02-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Oh man, if I knew it was Aranofsky, I would have come out for the filming. Huge fan of his.

They'll be filming primarily in North Jersey, so you may get a chance to be an extra yet. Check out thewrestlermovie.com for any updates.

Aronofsky was a pretty cool guy. He hung around and chatted with us off and and on during the shoot.

FunkyDrummer
07-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Link (http://www.inthenews.co.uk/entertainment/autocodes/countries/turkey/darren-aronofsky-film-confirmed-venice-festival-$1233903.htm)

AnnoyedGrunt
07-29-2008, 07:54 AM
They recently posted some dailies:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxSjSqP-7ho&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxSjSqP-7ho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>