You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Thoughts on Another Weird Ash Wednesday...Not a Real Real Blog... [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Another Weird Ash Wednesday...Not a Real Real Blog...

Kathleen From The Bronx
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

I'm happy hope you're happy toooooooooo....Bah, baahh dahh...Doooo, dah doooo....... Oh! Ahem, ehhh..excuse me...(flustered, shuffles papers) ..Heh.. Didn't see ya there... Yeah, just singing that Bowie song Ashes to Ashes.... That's right, you know mama digs a theme... and it is Ash Wednesday after all... Sooo...Ash Wednesday is such a weird day for me! Hmm...I know you didn't talk about no Wednesday, but remember- you're the ones who snuck up on me here as I was trying to have an Ash Wednesday moment... Just two seconds, seriously.... then I'll get down to b'ness.

OK, so I have some odd attachment to Ash Wednesday..... I mean, I haven't gone to church in years, but you know how it is if your raised in the religion and all that Catholic schooling.... you are still gonna be aware of certain holy days.... and you are possibly still gonna be one who, from time to time, asks Saints for favors.... Well, yeah.... it's all ingrained.... Oh! but the point it, while that's all true for this one over here, I don't get why I have such a feeling of creepy nostalgia every Ash Wednesday without fail... and I don't understand why I can't break free of Lent! All the other stuff flew out the window a whiiiile ago....

Ash Wednesday always feeeels like Ash Wednesday to me... Always gray out, not rare for February... I suppose... but still it seems consistent.... I always think of the dimly lit dark-wood chapel in my school, or the church around the corner.... and seeing people coming up out of the subway, smudged cross on the forehead first...

Hmm, I already said creepy nostalgia.... but it's weird like a strage, "I miss that," kinda deal.... I don't miss going to church... I make no sense! It makes no sense that I can't escape Lent either. I have tried...but I am always really aware of it.... and I follow the ole rules.... and it's because I really want to?? It's the only time I get the pangs... Strange. After having passed out last night after making animals of ourselves, eating pancakes and caring about politics simultaneously........I woke up today feeling like it was Ash Wednesday... and I had this epiphany that Lent is the one time of year that I feel Catholic again. So, I'll shreik, "NOOOOO!" if you order a juicy steak on Friday.

Nah, I'll mind my business.... :0)

So yeah, it's Wednesday morning and I still have my good mood goin since the weekend. Do you know how lovely that is? It's hard core lovely, is what. And rare! Well, maybe it is to be expected after having the best Groundhog's Day in history and then on top of that, the euphoria of that glorious ronfez.net win over Paltalk in the Message Board Championship game this Sunday. Man, I was so happy that ronfez.net won.....

OK, so all this jabberin here... and I still don't know what to say about how great a time Sunday's show was..... I have had two days now of thinking back on the funniness and I don't think I can do it justice.... Overwhelmingly funny is what I was thinkin..... I don't know if I have ever laughed that hard. I did not emerge unscathed....

Ronnie was saying on Monday's show that Anthony was so killing during the game that laughs hit you where, "it felt like being shot." Yeah.. and that is absolutely true too... Shot over and over, riddled by many rounds... Everyone was firing off crazy amounts of ammunition....There were moments that I worried that I might indeed perish, gets scary man... .and yet today....I still live.

I was, for some time, left feebly staggering around clutching my side all day... uttering unintelligibly in a raspy voice... See? Like I'd been shot. Exactly.... That's some hard laughin...I want to impress this point upon you. You see where I'm goin with this? Yeah? I'll add this... unlike real and terrible injury, that lingering pain is a reminder of Sunday's excellent time....and is a reminder of the possibility that maybe it's time to step up the ole fitness regimen... I know, surprising, right? All the time I put in, practicing for Internet sports...you'd think..... Ahhh anyway....

I was so happy that the Giants won the Superbowl too.... I was really happy for Dave and Pitzy... and all the people I know who are Giants fans.... like my Uncle from Long Island... like my brother John.... He's the only one outta my brothers who loves the Giants....and who is, besides me, the most like a cartoon outta the family........cause we both make sound effects when giving directions instead of saying, for example, "Turn left," and cause we both drop anvils out of windows....He's just copying me... but he really is the only Giants fan of my fam.... and so I was geeked for him.... I was thinkin about what you guys were talking about the other day.... that this win for Eli Manning and The Giants was like a win for little brothers..... and I thought of ole Johnnypants and how that extra applied to him then.... except that his older brother is a Jets fan and has his own problems.

Hey, and speaking of dropping stuff outta windows.... before Sunday, I had never heard of the first black man to throw a sandwich off The Empire State Building! That's something else..!

Well, I'll write more about Sunday's show if yez replay it.. which I hope ya dooo....

I was just up early today and thought I'd drop ya a line.... cause I was still feeling all good from this weekend..... keeping the happy buzz goin through another weird Ash Wednesday..... and then I was thinking about all that... how we remember days..... and how it is very likely that on every Groundhog's Day to come, besides yelling out quotes from the Bill Murray film, I'll also feel a strange attachment to that day tooo...but in an outstandingly good way.....I will have a lot to smile about that, remembering everybody who came out to see the ole Mooch....... and then it occurred to me, the same might go for whatever future Superbowl weekends are to come..... Maybe every time, on Super Bowl Sunday, I will be recalling how laughing for hours during Sunday's show stoned me....."How she almost died from humor," and how the effects remained for days.... I bet I will.. unless The Eagles are in the Super Bowl that year.... In that case I'll probably end up cryin in the bathtub all over again.....

What am I doin here man... ah yes... senselessly rambling! See, this isn't a real blog.... Just some stuff...... about how this weekend changed my mood tremendously.... did the trick like Hindu Laughing Yoga.... better than that, by far.....

Ok! Next time the ole girl will be on topic...... I'ma go listen to yez now.....

Signed,

kathleen from the Bronx :):):)

Lurkin McWeirdo
02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
:innocent:You bring joy to my spirit:innocent:
Sunday was an amazing show
sweet

Thebazile78
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Every year on Ash Wednesday, I think about how we all used to compare how long our ashes lasted...going to Catholic school made it a given that you'd be at a service in the morning, of course.

Mine never lasted as long as my best friend's did...mostly because I wore bangs all through grammar school (still do) and she usually came in on Ash Wednesday with her hair pulled waaaaaaaaaaay back into some sort of a bun or something.

So, I might clip my bangs away from my forehead with a spare barrette, or slide my headband to catch them out of the way, but after the service, usually on the way back to the school, I'd rearrange my hair so that it fell across my forehead. The ashes would be mostly gone by the end of the day. . .once, someone thought I'd bumped my head. (No, it's just Ash Wednesday.)

I thought about it this morning as I was driving to work...I guess that part of it is this weird nostalgic feeling for a time when everything was right with the world.

drusilla
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
from all the belly laughs on saturday night too the non stop hilarity in studio on sunday, my abs were killing me by monday morning, but i think i had one of the best & most funnest weekends of my life. i will definitely always remember where i was when i first saw the greatest play in message board history.

DaveTheTrucker
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks Kathleen for a nice blog. Hope your weekend glow continues.

OBEY FEZ!

drjoek
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.cartoonchurch.com/blog/images/ash-wednesday.gif

WampusCrandle
02-06-2008, 05:16 PM
kathleen from the bronx - just another masterpiece! and, this one means more to me than all the others because i went to see Ron and Fez live - it was great!

Devo37
02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Ash Wednesday always reminds me of the great Ted Turner's comment to his employees upon seeing their ash-covered heads:

"What are you, a bunch of Jesus freaks?!?"

Sheeplovr
02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
i thought this was called thoughts about weird al

moochcassidy
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
i swear to fuck your the best living human on this planet K

cheers tae you ehhuh!

moochcassidy
02-08-2008, 09:22 AM
from all the belly laughs on saturday night too the non stop hilarity in studio on sunday, my abs were killing me by monday morning, but i think i had one of the best & most funnest weekends of my life. i will definitely always remember where i was when i first saw the greatest play in message board history.

it hit me in the neck. .. to be exact the "she was eating pizza and carrying a paint can " was a shotgun blast to my throat... never laughed so much im my life.

it was a massacre. at one point HTG was literally rollin on the floor.

ralphbxny
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
:clap::clap:

S0S
02-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Kathleen From The Bronx,

I can't wait till your next blog.

Soon please?
:thumbup: