You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Post your gimmick/angle idea [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Post your gimmick/angle idea

Tenbatsuzen
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Here's a creative writing thread. Post your gimmick/angle idea, either using current characters or making up your own. It's kind of like an E-Fed but different.

I'll post the layout for my "implants on a pole" idea in a bit. I want to write it out so you understand the scope of it.

patsopinion
02-07-2008, 06:26 PM
maybe an example would help

conman823
02-07-2008, 06:39 PM
hey I got nothing else better to do at work this weekend. I think I'll go with "Generation Wars" angle, always thought that would be a big hit

Stay tuned....

lleeder
02-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I call myself Lizard Man then I dress up like a dolphin.

King Hippos Bandaid
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Billy Applebees

Robbie Sizzler

you know a first name an a restaurant were you work

epo
02-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Billy Applebees

Robbie Sizzler

you know a first name an a restaurant were you work

I don't really get it. Ok, I'll try:

Johnny The International House of Pancakes.

Ha. That's work!

midwestjeff
02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Ron Bennigan's.

DiabloSammich
02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't really get it. Ok, I'll try:

Johnny The International House of Pancakes.

Ha. That's work!

Ooh, ooh, let me try.

Johnny High School Cafeteria.

Not the same.

King Hippos Bandaid
02-07-2008, 07:21 PM
or we can do weekdays

Freddy Wednesdays

Robbie Saturdays

Johnny Thursdays

TheMojoPin
02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm gonna make fake pictures of women with freakishly large vaginas, and then be an expert on freakihsly large vaginas.

ToddEVF
02-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Gimmicks
Disgruntled Supermarket Employee (how funny would it be to hear "Haling from the Produce department. . .")
Mormon or Jehovah's Witness (not many people like them, could be an awesome heel gimmick)
Immigration Now (Canadian/Hispanic Stable)
French Canadian (Not even French Canadians like French Canadians)

Angles
Establishment vs. New Blood (the new guys who need a huge push systematically elimnating the established stars)
Legend Killer (Mid carder who becomes Main Event by destroying legendary wrestlers both in ring and on Mic)

Jughead
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way as I wish to help you...

No one is going to explain to you what a thread gimmick is on here (it could mean many things in any case). Exposure is not allowed in these forums. Being new to magic is very exciting and many newcomers wish to know as many secrets as possible as soon as possible. However is is a poor approach to simply go around asking people to expose effects to you at the drop of a hat. Try posting

There is a section of the Café where secrets are allowed to be discussed but you need a minimum of 50 posts first in order to access this area.

In any case my advice would be to get to know people here with posts of a non-exposure nature and you will find the world slowly but surely opens up to you.

Please PM me if you would like further help. I would be interested to hear more about who you are and how you came to be interested in magic as an art.

Heather 8
02-08-2008, 03:20 AM
I'll be the wife of a mentally disturbed ex-soldier who is watching her husband slide further into insanity while I'm fighting off the advances of a group of ruthless Italian businessmen-turned-wrestlers.

Wait a minute... that is my life. Never mind. :devil2:

ToddEVF
02-08-2008, 06:02 AM
damn Italian businessmen-turned-wrestlers, but i hear one (for sure) can't get made because he isn't fully Italian. . .

Is that too inside?

SpicyMcHaggis
02-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Pro-wrestling commentator who is secretly copying the television formula that worked for ECW on his new NWA web show.

Furtherman
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Everybody get free mayonnaise packets. EVERYBODY!

TheMojoPin
02-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Plastics.

Marc with a c
02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
i'm assuming it hasn't been taken, but i think i might bank on my large penis to make me a dominant wrestler.

Snoogans
02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I like to walk into office buildings with my penis pulled out through my zipper hole

Furtherman
02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I walk into radio shows with rappers.

Marc with a c
02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I walk into radio shows with rappers.

gross. you sound like a pothead fag.

cougarjake13
02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Gimmicks
Disgruntled Supermarket Employee (how funny would it be to hear "Haling from the Produce department. . .")
Mormon or Jehovah's Witness (not many people like them, could be an awesome heel gimmick)
Immigration Now (Canadian/Hispanic Stable)
French Canadian (Not even French Canadians like French Canadians)

Angles
Establishment vs. New Blood (the new guys who need a huge push systematically elimnating the established stars)
Legend Killer (Mid carder who becomes Main Event by destroying legendary wrestlers both in ring and on Mic)

i believe these 2 has already been used

DolaMight
02-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Colostomy Bag Man
http://www.maritimemedicaldesign.com/imagesforsale/portfolio-colostomy.jpg
G'head,... pin him.

Datsun
http://uk.geocities.com/autoliteraturecollector/cars/Datsun.1974.120Y.coupe.gb.jpg
Drives an 82 Datsun and ain't gonna let noone tell him it ain't a sweet ride.

Tenbatsuzen
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Doesn't anyone want to hear my boobjob gimmick match idea?

The setup is Melina vs. Maria.

Death Metal Moe
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I came to this motherfucking messageboard with a perfectly working wrestling gimmick:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/njdmmoe/TheMaskedPoster.jpg

But this twist this time is I sexually molest Halloween scarecrow decorations. So my gimmick is seasonal. I start up in late summer with my bizzare promo movies they play here and there, then appear for about 3 months. My whole gimmick culminates at Survivor Series, the Thanksgiving Tradition. Then I'm gone before Christmas.

Tenbatsuzen
02-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I prefer Globetrottin' Moe, whose finishing move is hitting you over the head with slides from his vacation.

TheMojoPin
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I vote for Amish Tenbats.

DolaMight
02-08-2008, 03:46 PM
The Enabler

A shady manager who is always encouraging opponents with severe drug problems to party with him. His well rested wrestler then wipes the floor with the strung out opponent leaving the manager free time to encourage ringside fans to ride the dragon or do lines with him.

Death Metal Moe
02-08-2008, 06:38 PM
The Enabler

A shady manager who is always encouraging opponents with severe drug problems to party with him. His well rested wrestler then wipes the floor with the strung out opponent leaving the manager free time to encourage ringside fans to ride the dragon or do lines with him.

That's early 90's Ron and it's been done.

cougarjake13
02-08-2008, 07:17 PM
hey moe couldnt you just change your gimmick along with the seasons ???

NortonRules
02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I call myself Lizard Man then I dress up like a dolphin.

that's awesome!

Death Metal Moe
02-08-2008, 08:10 PM
hey moe couldnt you just change your gimmick along with the seasons ???

I like the way you think.

Done and done. I'll molest different things for the different seasons.

DolaMight
02-09-2008, 08:31 AM
That's early 90's Ron and it's been done.

I'd like to see Smooth Jazz Joe, avenger of stuffed molestation victims.

ToddEVF
02-09-2008, 09:49 AM
i believe these 2 has already been used

well sort of, but most of the time gimmicks are rehashes.

for the LK gimmick you'd need someone who can cut promos and has charisma. While it is important to eliminate the legend, shattering their legacy is oh so more important.

and for the NB gimmick, it would basically be just those superstars who have way too much pull in the back against the new guys. As an example, it would be a feud between Shawn Michaels and Hunter Hearst Helmsley (establishment) vs. Elijah Burke and CM Punk (NB). However I am aware there was a new blood thing where the ECW Originals were targeted by the "New Breed Unleashed".

I also have another idea as well
A tag Team who actualy has a Tag Team Name (i.e. The Quebecers, The Headbangers, etc) and not [enter name] & [enter name]. I know its a rehash, but where have all the cool named teams gone?

also, great gimmick Moe. I applaud you.