You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Worst Food in America... [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Food in America...

Freitag
02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/

Fascinating read. I think we all overdo it when we go out to eat, but some of this stuff is REALLY eye opening.

MadMatt
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Ooooooooffffff!

But, damn it! Now I am hungry...

led37zep
02-12-2008, 12:46 PM
That hurt my stomach.

envirogator
02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I had a secretary that ate the Chipotle grilled chicken burrito at least 3 times a week. She was CONVINCED that she was eating healthy and would debate the merits with me. I tried repeatedly to tell that eating a burrito as big as your head was not a healthy (or low cal) approach.

I just emailed the article to her....

cupcakelove
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I thought this was going to be about Roosevelt Island.

TheGameHHH
02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I saw this exact article a few months back, the thing I hate about it is the #1 worst food in America has got to be my all time favorite thing to order if I go to Outback. It's impossible to resist those fries. Also, way to go Chili's for having like 5 things on that list alone.

Furtherman
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I haven't had one thing on that list. The closest I've eaten is the chicken crispy wings type food, which I haven't in years. I'm feelin' pretty fuckin' healthy right now.

grlNIN
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Saw this article a month or so ago-loved it.

Picked up the book in B&N about a month ago to flip through and even though i have not had most of the foods listed i still felt incredibly disgusted and petrified by knowing people that do.

King Hippos Bandaid
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
my 4 major food groups were based on these items

seriously, besides the bloomin onion < i haven't had any of that crap

this makes me think twice before eating out at chain restaurants

DiabloSammich
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Confession time...I've had five things on that menu.

Including the top two.

I hate myself right now.

EliSnow
02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
The only thing on that list I've had even a portion of has been the McDonald's chicken selects. But I wouldn't eat it with Ranch. And I've never had five pieces.

Usually we get my daughter this, she has two pieces, I have one, and then we save the rest for another day (usually throw it out).

TheGameHHH
02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I know theres only 10 responses in this thread so its a small sample size, but I find it hard to believe everybody is being so uppity about this. All, 'oh ive never touched anything on this list, its so gross' None of you have ever eaten a Chipotle Chicken Burrito or some chicken crispers from Chili's? Some of the items on the list I wouldn't even think could be all that bad for you, or at least not as bad as a Big Mac or Whopper. I'm surprised everybody has such a keen eye and eats so healthy.

undressa
02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I love eating crapy but I am really trying not to

HBox
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I have that Quiznos classic Italian all the time. And i will continue to do so.

underdog
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I know theres only 10 responses in this thread so its a small sample size, but I find it hard to believe everybody is being so uppity about this. All, 'oh ive never touched anything on this list, its so gross' None of you have ever eaten a Chipotle Chicken Burrito or some chicken crispers from Chili's? Some of the items on the list I wouldn't even think could be all that bad for you, or at least not as bad as a Big Mac or Whopper. I'm surprised everybody has such a keen eye and eats so healthy.

I've never eaten most of these things because most of the places they are from I don't go to. The Macaroni Grill is fucking terrible and it has a few entries.

I love the Quizno's Italian Combo, though. That's good stuff right there. And Uno's pizza is great, but I knew that it was bad for me. Most of the food on here is "no shit" food. But again, they all come from terrible "restaurants", so a lot of people do avoid these places.

EliSnow
02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I've never eaten most of these things because most of the places they are from I don't go to. The Macaroni Grill is fucking terrible and it has a few entries.

I love the Quizno's Italian Combo, though. That's good stuff right there. And Uno's pizza is great, but I knew that it was bad for me. Most of the food on here is "no shit" food. But again, they all come from terrible "restaurants", so a lot of people do avoid these places.

Same here. I've eaten at Chili's maybe twice in my life. Macroni Grill once. While I do eat regularly from Outback, I usually order the Chicken on the Barbie, which is just great chicken and vegetables.

Tenbatsuzen
02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I have that Quiznos classic Italian all the time. And i will continue to do so.

I can't post what I told HBox, but I assure you, we had a hearty laugh.

Tenbatsuzen
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
My problem is, the dinners aren't what do me in when we eat out. It's ALWAYS the appetizers. Houlihan's is the bane of my existence.

Tenbatsuzen
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I've had:

The turkey burger (but with no cheese, and no mayo/sauce, which I'm sure comprises part of the reason what makes it so bad)

The Chipotle Burrito (but it made me so sick I'll never eat Chipotle again.)
(http://ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62809)

Liz had the chipotle crispers from chili's.

The Uno Pizza

I've had Chili's Awesome Blossom - didn't like. Longhorn's Texas Tonion is the same concept, much better taste-wise. Probably horrific.

The cheese fries - Haven't had them at outback, but I'm sure everyone's had cheese fries with bacon on them.

nassue
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
number one worst entree from the number one worst resturant

outback sucks

went to a clutch concert and we decided to hit outback before the show

it took over an hour to get three burgers
OVER AN HOUR FOR THREE BURGERS!!!!!!

what complete bullshit
plus the burger was mediocre ...........at best

we all felt like shit after the shit meal
i had to drink my face off just to save the night

fuck Outback

the Aussies can keep their shitty steaks

Marc with a c
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
chipotle is yummy

BoondockSaint
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Worst or most fantastic?

mikeyboy
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I haven't ever had a single item on that list.

Tenbatsuzen
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM

WELL HELLO MISTER FANCY PANTS. Next you're gonna tell me you're some hotshot lawyer with a hot wife.

Freakshow
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Also, way to go Chili's for having like 5 things on that list alone.

We should definitely have a board event at Chili's soon.

I've had everything on that list except the salad...

And the steak (Lonestar? Are you serious?)

grlNIN
02-12-2008, 06:23 PM

Not that i feel this exuberant urge to defend myself but the two most prominent reasons that i've not had much of anything on that list are

1.) Most of those places i have never heard of/don't exst where i live.

2.)I am a notoriously picky eater and would not think of touching anything with condiments on it.

So basically i eat chicken and vegetables but i will say that i lovVve appetizers that consist of spinach, artichoke, tostios, salsa, mozzarella and deep fried onions.

scottinnj
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
WaWa Subs are goooooood. And they have gorgeous, Dietz and Watson roast beef sandwiches.

EAT OR DIE!!!!

eeroomnhoj
02-13-2008, 02:31 AM
WaWa Subs are goooooood. And they have gorgeous, Dietz and Watson roast beef sandwiches.

EAT OR DIE!!!!

Now were talking. I'm surprised the list doesn't include those 7-Eleven cheeseburger dogs. They have to be horrible for you.

A.J.
02-13-2008, 04:35 AM

WELL HELLO MISTER FANCY PANTS. Next you're gonna tell me you're some hotshot lawyer with a hot wife.

Me either.

And sadly, I'm a lowly Navy contractor with no prospects of a hot wife.

Thebazile78
02-13-2008, 04:48 AM
OK, that article just made me really sick.

True, I've eaten more than a few items on the list (nothing from Outback; I haven't been to an Outback in years...and when I did go, I used to be contrary and have the grilled salmon) and I did have something similar to that Chili's Chipotle Chicken Crispers recently (these were honey-habanero deep-fried beauties...mmmmmmm, habanero.....) I willingly admit to avoiding things that make me sick.

After Chipotle made Matt sick, we haven't been back. When we get burritos, we order from our old burrito place in New Brunswick. Much better flavor, service and quality there!

I hate McDonald's. HATE McDonald's. It just doesn't taste like real food.

We've never eaten at a Carl's Jr. (there aren't any in NJ, but we see them all the time in AZ) but we have eaten at Jack-in-the-Box (eww; never again) . . . I don't particularly care for fast-food chains. (I admit to having a jones for Burger King onion rings or White Castle hamburgers & onion rings, but those are few and far between...and if we get Wendy's, I order the sour cream & chives baked potato and a small chili, which is 550 calories, even with a small Light Lemonade... (http://www.wendys.com/food/Nutrition.jsp))

Ew. Just ew.

Now I don't want to go out anymore.

Freakshow
02-13-2008, 04:53 AM
Carl jr's is also Hardee's. There are still some of those spread around the northeast, especially in PA. The Monster Thickburger is the cousin to Carl's Jr's 6 Dollar burger or whatever was on the list.

Thebazile78
02-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Carl jr's is also Hardee's. There are still some of those spread around the northeast, especially in PA. The Monster Thickburger is the cousin to Carl's Jr's 6 Dollar burger or whatever was on the list.

So? PA is not NJ.

There are no Carl's Jr or Hardee's in NJ.

The closest Hardee's is about a 2-3 hour drive west from the general area where I live.

Lemme tell you, that had better be one goddamned orgasmic burger for me to drive more than 15 minutes for it!

And NO fast-food burger is EVER that good.

cougarjake13
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/

Fascinating read. I think we all overdo it when we go out to eat, but some of this stuff is REALLY eye opening.

ahhh fuck

i just had number 1 for dinner tonight

commish13
02-15-2008, 06:59 PM
The only things I've had there are 20 and 1. I love those cheese fries, and my two brothers and I always share that before dinner when we go to Outback.

That Jamba Juice thing looks disgusting. To me, a smoothie is about the fruit. Otherwise it's a milkshake.

danner1515
02-16-2008, 05:47 AM
What amazes me is how fucking unappetizing most of the stuff on that list looks. I don't think I've ever eaten anything on it, and I doubt I ever would. Okay, the chocolate chip pie looks pretty tasty.

It doesn't shock me that food this unhealthy exists. What's scary is that there are people who eat stuff like this every day. I work with people who eat at Chili's and Zaxby's every day on their lunch break. Yeesh, I'm 24 years-old, and I have more concern about my health than these people.

sailor
02-16-2008, 05:56 AM
ookie cookie