You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Paul Heyman Interview [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman Interview

conman823
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/heyman/article762131.ece

Recent interview with Paul Heyman, pretty interesting.

ToddEVF
02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
good article, looking forward to Heyman's Hustle

SpicyMcHaggis
02-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I'll be a Heyman fan till the day I die, but I will never take financial advice from him. One thing I was thinking about the other day was if RVD had faced Mike Awesome title vs. title like planned for some much needed cash from PPV buys and had not gotten injured, would it have turned it around or was it doomed to fail regardless?

Crippler
02-13-2008, 03:16 PM
It's truly sad that someone who's meant as much to the business as Heyman couldn't find a way to contribute to the only real brand left with any impact (no pun intended). What's worse is that it doesn't seem like it was his fault. Vince's idea of a product is so off base with what his fans want and he doesn't seem to have a clue about it.

It says in the article that even after the quitting in late 2006 & whatever hard feelings that move obviously caused, the WWE offered him to come back at some point in 2007 & basically run OVW & all WWE developmental. What a waste that Paul was so soured to the idea of working with Vince in any capacity (especually since he would likely have had little to no contact with him under the structuring of the proposed return deal) that he just didn't want to have anything to do with it...because Heyman's touch on a developing star seems like exactly the kind of thing the next generation of WWE stars would have needed. Shit, it worked for more than 50% of the big stars of the last 10+ years.

I look forward to seeing what this new web show he's producing has to offer, because Heyman is just so entertaining to me. Thanks for diggin this article up, conman.

conman823
02-13-2008, 05:56 PM
No prob.

I also felt it was sad to see this guy sorta fed-up with the business. I think he has a great mind to pick for new talent and new angle creations. Vince really is an ego-maniac, he's had at his disposal his 2 biggest rivals: Bischoff and Heyman. You would think the 3 of them in a room would bring about a uber-golden age of wrestling, but no Bischoff was "talent" and Heyman was pushed out.

I also gained some respect for Steph, as it seemed that she respected Paul on some level.

NITRON
02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I didn't expect the part about Stephanie. I've read that she dislikes Heyman. If true, she deserves credit for not letting personal feelings control her decisions.

cougarjake13
02-17-2008, 04:45 AM
I didn't expect the part about Stephanie. I've read that she dislikes Heyman. If true, she deserves credit for not letting personal feelings control her decisions.

so maybe things will get better once vince is no longer in charge ???