You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Cena rips into the rock [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Cena rips into the rock

oh_kee_pa
02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Former WWE champion John Cena recently lashed out at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in a recent interview with The Sun in the United Kingdom. Cena was quoted as saying the following:

"He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being. What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

I love the fact that he said exactly what I was thinking

DiabloSammich
02-26-2008, 11:35 AM
When I read the thread title I was ready to destroy Cena for bad-mouthing Rock, but he brings up a good god-damned point.

Good for him.

Kevin
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
When I read the thread title I was ready to destroy Cena for bad-mouthing Rock, but he brings up a good god-damned point.

Good for him.

Yea, i also think he pissed alot of wrestlers off by not even doing a video thing on the raw 15k show. I know i was a little angry with him. He obviously thinks he is too good for us anymore.

NITRON
02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
It looks like a recent interview. On "Raw" last night, they announced the Rock would be inducting his father and grandfather in the hall of fame.

MadMatt
02-26-2008, 11:52 AM

Good for him.

Yeah, same here. Cena definitely makes some good points and isn't really off-base.

However, I can also see Rock's point of view. He is now an actor, but his career isn't "solid" enough that he can do whatever he wants and still get good parts. He still needs to maintain distance from wrestling so people/Hollywood don't keep him pigeonholed as wrestler/actor instead of just an actor.

It is still a little shitty, but you can't completely fault the guy.

topless_mike
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
so, he loves wrasslin. doesnt mean he has to do it.
he's put in his time already. maybe the rock wants to be able to walk on his own to take a piss in 20 years. i know they are trained athletes, but that has got to take a toll on your body.

cena is just a roid-raged shit stirrer.

King Hippos Bandaid
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Fuck Cena

valid thoughts or not

Cena is whats wrong with wrestling today, Id give 2 years of the Rock, over 20 years of Cena

Dougie Brootal
02-26-2008, 12:01 PM
so, he loves wrasslin. doesnt mean he has to do it.
he's put in his time already. maybe the rock wants to be able to walk on his own to take a piss in 20 years. i know they are trained athletes, but that has got to take a toll on your body.

cena is just a roid-raged shit stirrer.

shit stirrer.

Furtherman
02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Matt & Mike got it right. What he is doing is no different from what you see in any business when someone gets promoted and someone doesn't. All of the sudden, you're not going out to happy hour anymore with the promotee.

And what would you rather do? Make a couple movies a year or get beat up in the ring?

EliSnow
02-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Fuck Cena

valid thoughts or not

Cena is whats wrong with wrestling today, Id give 2 years of the Rock, over 20 years of Cena

I'm with Hippo on this one.

conman823
02-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Cena will be the next in line to give his body over the Vince's Company and get no thanks for it.
I gotta agree that the Rock was smart enough to realize wrestling in a short road to a mostly painful old age so he wanted to try something new. Fuck Cena for shitting on it, how does he know the Rock doesn't love wrestling? I tell you what, if the Rock came back Cena and Orton would be shitting for there spot on RAW thats for sure.

Still Rock should have been on for thr RAW 15th.

ralphbxny
02-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Fuck Cena

valid thoughts or not

Cena and Rock are the same shit. Big Personalities who cant wrestle.

ToddEVF
02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
The two i dislike with a passion. Dwayne Johnson and John Cena. Too bad they can't wrestle each other at Wrestlemania only to have the stadium collapse.

conman823
02-26-2008, 05:29 PM
The two i dislike with a passion. Dwayne Johnson and John Cena. Too bad they can't wrestle each other at Wrestlemania only to have the stadium collapse.

you my friend.....should be head writter.

SpicyMcHaggis
02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm surprised they never capitalized on that before. The feud between them on the mics would be great. I can't really think how the actual in-ring action would be.

cougarjake13
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm surprised they never capitalized on that before. The feud between them on the mics would be great. I can't really think how the actual in-ring action would be.

it will happen, ten years from now

CaptClown
02-26-2008, 06:09 PM

Make it three. Let the boy make his money.

donnie_darko
02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
its sad when people feel devoted to a sport(company) when mc mahon obviously cares little about them.

we'll see how he feels when he's 40 and can barely walk.

Fallon
02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Dwane looked like a weirdo on the oscars. Whats wrong with his head?

conman823
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Dwane looked like a weirdo on the oscars. Whats wrong with his head?

Its full of ego.

Fallon
02-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Its full of ego.

His hair looks fake.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080225/i/r2057438963.jpg?x=400&y=280&sig=IiXXQ1e6QZxnjpBi5NQbRA--

Guess we know who he's getting tips from....

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080225/capt.d93f968705994433b8eb8e0f22dbe6ff.oscars_arriv als_cabs115.jpg?x=356&y=345&sig=jJWXYCpYew.WnUviRq.utw--

The Nature Boy
02-26-2008, 08:04 PM
I respect Cena, he worked his butt off from the word go, taking a terrible gimmick and limited ability in the ring coupled with a size that is not exactly remarkable and he built himself into a legit superstar. For this, he deserves credit.

That said, I don't know that he's the guy to deliever this missive. As insufferable as HHH was and still can be(credit where due though, he doesn't totally dominante storylines anymore), I would rather see a contemporary like him make these comments. Because I feel Cena is too politically astute and savy, and too much a company many to go this far off the reservation in regard to one of the four biggest stars in the fed's history. These are the words of McMahon in Cena's mouth if you ask me.

I mean, you could criticize anyone who gets distance from this business, but in the end, THOSE ARE the sane people. Rock grew up in the biz in every respect, and he's watched the lifestlye and how the boys have a funny habit going home to that locker room in the sky rather early in their lives. If he can make millions, gain mainstream appeal and respect without 200 nights of bumping for people like the ones in here who just say he can't work anyway, and sling awards on the Oscars, then so be it. Wrestling gave him his name, gave him his start and put him on the map, but I also think Rock gave a LOT to wrestling.

I don't know when these quotes were given to the Sun, but I'm sure I wasn't the only person who noted that for the first time I can recall, he was not introduced as "The Rock" anywhere in his title. He's Duane Johnson now, and the Rock is gone. Financially secure into a better life. Do you really think Stone Cold couldn't work 2-3 matches a year? Do we get on him for not working? No, we buy his injury thing(which I'm sure is largely legit, but no one is asking him to take 10 tombstones in the ring).

Tenbatsuzen
02-26-2008, 08:12 PM
If the Marine made 100 million at the box office, you can be damn sure Cena would be just as Hollywood as the Rock.

It's complete bullshit and sourgrapes on Cena's part. Rock got a better gig. He does 1-2 movies a year, makes 10-12 million a year doing it, doesn't have to travel 300 days a year, and doesn't get injured.

conman823
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
It all comes down to putting food on the table. Rock is doing it with movies now. Good for him.

Cena is company man number 1 these days so his petty comments don't shock me. Don't forget his Larry King appearance after the Benoit incident , it should have said "John Cena, Vince McMahon Bootlick" under him.

conman823
02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
His hair looks fake.

It looks like his hair is making a rapid retreat these days.

ToddEVF
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
you my friend.....should be head writter.

thank you i appreciate the compliment.

But as its been stated, Cena is WWE Company man right now. So his words reflect that.

Dwayne left the business to have his break in Hollywood. I am in no means a fan of his work, but he did what he had to do.

However, if Cena had left for Hollywood and Dwayne was still wrestling, I can almost guarantee Dwayne would be saying the same thing.

And of the two, Dwayne made out on the deal. As it was also stated, Dwayne doesn't have to do that hellish road schedule, which allows time to heal. So even if Dwayne was to get hurt, he would be able to have it taken care of right away instead of waiting untill the injury is sidelining to have it taken care of.

Thats what is ending careers nowadays, all the damage catches up. Look at Rey Mysterio Jr for example. 2 years in a row he's missing Wrestlemania not to mention many months of performing because of injury. That is far from coincidence.

Who knows maybe Dwayne will lace those boots up again in the future? Maybe Cena will become a Hollywood star?

But right now its Cena's "Loyalty" to Vince that drove him to make those statements.

I hate having to pick sides when I hate both individuals involved