You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
TNA wins several awards [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : TNA wins several awards

Corey From Campbell
02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
I thought this was funny.

TNA won the following Wrestling Observer Awards for 2007 (as voted on by Observer subscribers):

- Worst Television Show: TNA Impact
- Worst TV announcer: Doug West
- Most disgusting promotional tactic: TNA signing Pacman Jones/Making it Rain
- Worst Match of the year: Chris Harris vs. James Storm (Blindfold match from Lockdown)
- Worst promotion of the year: TNA
- Worst gimmick: Black Reign

Note to webmasters/reporters: If reproducing news from this website, please include a hyperlink to www.gerweck.net

conman823
02-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Wrestling Observer has been in Vince's pocket for the last couple of years so this doesn't come as a surprise.

I can agree with some of the "awards" but TNA Impact is far from the worst show when we live in the days of Vince McECW.

ToddEVF
02-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I thought this was funny.

TNA won the following Wrestling Observer Awards for 2007 (as voted on by Observer subscribers):

- Worst Television Show: TNA Impact
- Worst TV announcer: Doug West
- Most disgusting promotional tactic: TNA signing Pacman Jones/Making it Rain
- Worst Match of the year: Chris Harris vs. James Storm (Blindfold match from Lockdown)
- Worst promotion of the year: TNA
- Worst gimmick: Black Reign

Note to webmasters/reporters: If reproducing news from this website, please include a hyperlink to www.gerweck.net

1Worst Television show: ECW
2Worst TV Announcer: Mike Tenay
3Most disgusting promotional tactic: TNA signing Pacman Jones
4Worst Match of the Year: Anything involving Dog Collars or Blindfolds
5Worst Promotion of the Year: WWE
6Worst Gimmick: John Morrison

Thats my list. . . and my reasons

1. While the wrestling is getting better, the angles and lack of depth is what is killing ECW and making it almost unwatchable

2. Don West may be horrible, but he has only been in the business for a few years now. Now Tenay. . . no fucking excuse

3. I agree. Horrible Way to get the Promotion some much needed Press

4. I've always disliked these kind of gimmicky matches. Mostly because many do not know how to perform under the circumstances

5. While TNA has been on the block, lets think of it. WWE has 3 brands, 3 different shows, and pretty much are all and the same. The championship picture is screwed, hopefully mania will fix it. It has mostly been messed up because of injuries, which cause sudden changes. But it never seems like they have a back-up plan in case someone gets hurt. Their storylines are usually illogical and very shallow. The talent being pushed, with exceptions, need to work on their promos as lines like "I kicked him in the head" or "i'm going to take him out" gets used way too often and sounds highly manufactured compared to genuine. TNA seems to be working towards fixing their many problems, and i give them credit for that. WWE feels like they own the joint and can do the same thing over and over just to bleed the consumer dry.

6. New name, more arrogant, but nothing new. Since the name change, he has held the ECW World Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championship. While they can be considered impressive accomplishments on their own, in the grand scale he might as well won the FCW World Championship and OVW Tag Team Championship in the last year. The Brands he stuck with might in the long run help him develop to a High mid-carder, but nothing else. The gimmick is a mash-up of his old Johnny Nitro gimmick, Raven, and a smidge of WCW era Chris Jericho, and the three sides don't work well together. Something has to happen soon if he ever wants to be the mid carder he could be.