You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE.com [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE.com

SpicyMcHaggis
02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
There's a new section on their website called "Industry News" where they take wrestling news reported from other websites. Among them are Rajah, ProWrestling.net, and others, but the strangest thing that I noticed was that they actually put up a story about TNA Lockdown and their upcoming house show schedule. Does Vince want people to actually watch TNA so that he can start some business rivalry or is he just throwing them a bone? Perhaps he doesn't even know about it and will destroy the website because someone dared put another company on there?

King Hippos Bandaid
02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
nah Vince wants more viewers to wwe.com, if people see industry news, they wont go elsewhere

maybe these viewers may buy a subscription a shirt or so on

SpicyMcHaggis
02-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I just find it odd that they would go to those lengths just for traffic. I mean you think you'd have to rely on your own content that you can provide.

SpicyMcHaggis
02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Now I see them mentioning ROH shows and CHIKARA shows.

Chimee
02-29-2008, 04:35 PM
They even have the results for last night's Impact.

Maybe in a few weeks they'll post some spoilers.

cougarjake13
02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
There's a new section on their website called "Industry News" where they take wrestling news reported from other websites. Among them are Rajah, ProWrestling.net, and others, but the strangest thing that I noticed was that they actually put up a story about TNA Lockdown and their upcoming house show schedule. Does Vince want people to actually watch TNA so that he can start some business rivalry or is he just throwing them a bone? Perhaps he doesn't even know about it and will destroy the website because someone dared put another company on there?

i posted my thoughts about vince and tna in some other wrestling thread i cant remember

but i firmly believe that vince has his hand in TNA somehow, and is letting guys like christian, kurt angle, booker t, etc leave the wwe b/c he knows that the only other high profile company in the states is TNA, whereby he hopes it helps them become better so they ( wwe) can have serious competition again

Chimee
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Maybe Vince could send them some writers as well.

cougarjake13
02-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Maybe Vince could send them some writers as well.

with some of the shit ive seen lately i think he already did

conman823
03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
i posted my thoughts about vince and tna in some other wrestling thread i cant remember

but i firmly believe that vince has his hand in TNA somehow, and is letting guys like christian, kurt angle, booker t, etc leave the wwe b/c he knows that the only other high profile company in the states is TNA, whereby he hopes it helps them become better so they ( wwe) can have serious competition again

Didn't Christian purposly wait out his contract and sign with TNA? Obviously he was offered more money etc in what would have been his new WWE contract, and just said "Fuck it!" and went to TNA.

Angle also left on some bad terms, either his pain pills or what i can't remeber exactly.

Booker said Fuck It after he was suspended 2 times but Orton was given a slap on the wrist and a world title.

Really i just think Vince doesn't care who leaves. Can you blame him? He's always survived.

ToddEVF
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Didn't Christian purposly wait out his contract and sign with TNA? Obviously he was offered more money etc in what would have been his new WWE contract, and just said "Fuck it!" and went to TNA.

Angle also left on some bad terms, either his pain pills or what i can't remeber exactly.

Booker said Fuck It after he was suspended 2 times but Orton was given a slap on the wrist and a world title.

Really i just think Vince doesn't care who leaves. Can you blame him? He's always survived.

if thats the case, then why didn't they let Carlito have his release? He was unhappy and mentioned jumping to TNA, then WWE gave a shit about keeping him. And now before he gets his push he still serves a punishment for considering TNA? What the fuck?

I wonder if a Kurt Angle, Christian, Team 3D, etc. decide to go back to WWE will they be punished as well?

SpicyMcHaggis
03-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Probably not.

Do you think that the other promotions that WWE mentions on their website will benefit and gain new fans who have never heard of them and might think, "Well if WWE is willing to mention them they must be good!"?

conman823
03-01-2008, 08:45 AM
You don't spit in the wind.....

You don't tug on Supermans cape.....

...and you never try and figure out what Vince's thinking at any given moment.

Personally I think Dudleys and Christian would be able to come back. I can't see anyone else though. Jeff Hardy came back and didn't recieve punishment.

EddieMoscone
03-01-2008, 08:54 AM
This is about cash. If a wrestling fan can stay on WWE.com to get the WWE stuff, plus everything else, they'll get more ad revenue from the site.

I think it's safe to say most wrestling fans who frequent the internet are at least aware of the other feds and other wrestling news sites. Plus, acting like there is no other wrestling in the world is pretty retarded at this point, so why not try and profit off of it.

ToddEVF
03-01-2008, 09:53 AM
i checked it out last night and there we 3 TNA stories, 1 ROH story, 1 CHIKARA story, and the other 7 were WWE related.

WWE posting the results for TNA is weak. . . esspecially when they could have posted them not for the thursday show, but for next thursday. If they were smart they would use that to their advantage.

conman823
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
i checked it out last night and there we 3 TNA stories, 1 ROH story, 1 CHIKARA story, and the other 7 were WWE related.

WWE posting the results for TNA is weak. . . esspecially when they could have posted them not for the thursday show, but for next thursday. If they were smart they would use that to their advantage.

WWE wouldn't be breaking new ground with TNA Spoilers, any one of the 1000 dirt sheets do that. I just think they are trying to take hits away from dirt sheets, and as it was said visits equal more $$ from advertisements.

Plus bad form since Vince was seething when WCW did that to him. I would expect the guy to have some honor.

cougarjake13
03-01-2008, 12:03 PM

well we dont know for real i guess

maybe it went down as you said or maybe thats what was leaked but in reality vince said you're going over there

conman823
03-01-2008, 06:22 PM
well we dont know for real i guess

maybe it went down as you said or maybe thats what was leaked but in reality vince said you're going over there

Well if you wanna go down the whole "Vince has it all planned from the start" angle you can say he send Russo to inject poison into WCW, bought the name and real gem the tape library for dirt cheap.

cougarjake13
03-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Well if you wanna go down the whole "Vince has it all planned from the start" angle you can say he send Russo to inject poison into WCW, bought the name and real gem the tape library for dirt cheap.

could be

ToddEVF
03-02-2008, 10:17 AM
that does sort of make sense. As Russo's writing for the WWF wasn't absolutely god awful, but bad enough. Then he makes it to WCW which at the time was a great product, but was poisoned via writing. And TNA is working on their second stint of Russo now. oh god, hopefully they don't bring back Sports Entertainment Xtreme.