You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Women's Wrestling [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Women's Wrestling

ToddEVF
03-06-2008, 07:11 PM
As of late, women's wrestling has been both pushed into the forefront and put on the back burner. Now as I have watched two distinctly different types of of Women's wrestling, the eye candy type (i.e. WWE) and the "trained and can work an entertaining match" type. as of late TNA has been countering WWE with entertaining women's wrestling, while WWE has almost obliterated or phased out the women's division once again.

there should be a poll up with this to easily vote for what you think.

the question is what kind of women's wrestling do you enjoy?

IMSlacker
03-06-2008, 07:15 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2006/04/08/1144506392_0610.jpg

King Hippos Bandaid
03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
none

women are icky, let the men wrestle shirtless and in tights

ToddEVF
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
surprised Pee In My Butt hasn't gotten the lead yet.

and no i see it as wrong to vote on your own poll, hence why i haven't.

King Imp
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
This is kinda hard. One one hand I definitely love looking at the women as they are quite hot, but on the other it pains me to see some of them in the ring.

While I do appreciate those that can wrestle (i.e. Mickie, Melina, Beth, Victoria) to me it is still painful to watch them. Even though they are trained, they look so awkward in the ring and most of their moves haven't the slightest bit of fluidity. Just watch them being Irish Whipped into a corner or them running to bounce off the ropes. They don't seem to know how many steps to take and in turn take one or two too many, thus looking like they just learned how to run.

I guess if I had to pick one, then I'd go with the eye candy choice because even the two most talented and trained women in the WWE in the ring together still look like they are just so unsure of themselves in there and it makes it a waste to watch. Hell, half the time I sit there cringing because I just know one of them is gonna get seriously injured because they can't seem to pull off moves properly.

riverofpiss
03-06-2008, 10:07 PM
What, no jello wrestling??

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6255/jellohq3.png (http://imageshack.us)

PIMB

SpicyMcHaggis
03-07-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm in the same boat as King. I'm a fan of the hotties who can wrestle like Sara Del Rey, Mickie James, Lacey, Victoria, Allison Danger, Daizee Haze, Alexa Thatcher, Gail Kim or Nikki Roxx. I think Awesome Kong re-invented what it means to be a woman's wrestler. TNA has noticed that their highest ratings are during the women's wrestling segments, and now they're thinking of putting aside a whole hour (or probably half hour) of TV aside just for their Knockout Division.

I think that the reason they watch it the most is not just because the matches aren't that bad and the fact that they're women being watch by a young male demographic, but also, there's no over-zealous booking involved in the women's division. There's no nonsense, over-thought booking or storylines. It's just good wrestling. If they applied this to the rest of their show maybe they wouldn't get so much flack for their show.

commish13
03-07-2008, 05:37 AM
Fuck TNA and their women's division. It's all about the SHIMMER.

EddieMoscone
03-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Fuck, All Japan Women from the early 90's was some of the best wrestling you'd ever see..Men or Women. I probably had about 20 AJW tapes back when I did the tape trading thing.

cougarjake13
03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
As of late, women's wrestling has been both pushed into the forefront and put on the back burner. Now as I have watched two distinctly different types of of Women's wrestling, the eye candy type (i.e. WWE) and the "trained and can work an entertaining match" type. as of late TNA has been countering WWE with entertaining women's wrestling, while WWE has almost obliterated or phased out the women's division once again.

there should be a poll up with this to easily vote for what you think.

the question is what kind of women's wrestling do you enjoy?

well since the only thing i care about womens wrestling is the jack factor i voted for the wwe hot diva versions

although tna has some good looking chicks and im not really paying attention to the action, just boobies, cleavage and camel toe

ToddEVF
03-07-2008, 11:01 PM
well since the only thing i care about womens wrestling is the jack factor i voted for the wwe hot diva versions

although tna has some good looking chicks and im not really paying attention to the action, just boobies, cleavage and camel toe

thats a fair response.

A lot of people I ask feel the same way as they rather see the hot piece of ass batch material compared to women in an actually well performed match.

Now time for my crucifixion:

I used TNA as an example for entertaining women's wrestling, as they do seem to showcase it for the actual wrestling. But many women are who become wrestlers do not get in the business for the right reasons. But those who actually take it serious and work their asses off to prove they can put on one hell of a match, I respect. I do not have a problem with women who are just valets/managers, don't get me wrong. They have a whole different purpose. But some, not all, of the women wrestlers in an organization like WWE are better suited as valets. Valets bump occassionally, and that usually as much training (or so it seems) that some of the Women wrestlers in the WWE have.

cougarjake13
03-08-2008, 02:51 PM
some matches are good

but a lot of times in womens matches moreso then mens you see a lot of missed spots, lack of flow and continuity and to me what looks like lazy movements

my one pet peeve is a lot of times the women seem afraid to hit the ropes and it shows when they barely hit it and start moving back towards the other wrestler for a clothesline or whatever

commish13
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
but a lot of times in womens matches moreso then mens you see a lot of missed spots, lack of flow and continuity and to me what looks like lazy movements

That's because it's not the GOOD female wrestlers. Those are the traits of the women who didn't get in the business to be wrestlers, but ended up getting trained and kinda learning how.

There are a lot of female wrestlers who got into the business to be wrestlers that are tons better than plenty of men who got into the biz to be wrestlers. Of course, that's because there are a LOT of shitty male wrestlers and far fewer women who got into it with the sole purpose of being wrestlers, but it's true.

cougarjake13
03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
That's because it's not the GOOD female wrestlers. Those are the traits of the women who didn't get in the business to be wrestlers, but ended up getting trained and kinda learning how.

There are a lot of female wrestlers who got into the business to be wrestlers that are tons better than plenty of men who got into the biz to be wrestlers. Of course, that's because there are a LOT of shitty male wrestlers and far fewer women who got into it with the sole purpose of being wrestlers, but it's true.

oh yeh theres a few good actual wrestling women not just divas

im still watching them to jack though

commish13
03-08-2008, 04:34 PM
oh yeh theres a few good actual wrestling women not just divas

And I'm not talking about ANY of the chicks in WWE. TNA's got Kong, ODB and Gail (who has improved so amazingly since her WWE stint it's almost mind boggling). They have Cheerleader Melissa, too, but she's being WASTED underneath the fucking bedsheets as Raisha Saeed.

ToddEVF
03-08-2008, 10:43 PM
TNA's got Kong, ODB and Gail (who has improved so amazingly since her WWE stint it's almost mind boggling).

She was in WWE for a vesy short stint, or so I believe. It would seems she stopped in for a cup of coffee and then left as WWE would much rather have the poorly trained hot pieces of ass work matches with tons of blown spots. But then again, it still seems to be the case with the 'E.

commish13
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Gail actually won the WWE Women's belt on her first appearance with the company. It was in a battle royal. She was in the company for a year and a half, and she was mediocre in the ring at VERY best for the entire time. When she ended up in TNA, it took a while before she actually started to wrestle, and by the time she did, she was much improved. By the time they decided to introduce the Women's belt in TNA, she had been gone from WWE for 3 years and had wrestled all over the world. That's where she ended up improving. When she got out of the hands of WWE's trainers.

That's not to put down Dave Finlay, who at the time was the main guy training the women, but WWE's training basically is shit. Unless you're really somebody special, you're going to be mediocre at best if your only training is with WWE.

Granted, Gail was in the business for a couple years before signing with WWE, but as a woman in the wrestling business, you're not going to become all that good if you stay in one place, which is basically what she did. 2 years training in and working for one promotion, then joining WWE and spending a year and a half with just that company. That's basically the formula for mediocrity.