You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
3/04-07/08 "Someone will come along and give you a bit of cheese, a place to sleep!" [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 3/04-07/08 "Someone will come along and give you a bit of cheese, a place to sleep!"

Kathleen From The Bronx
03-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

Now, I'm not in Bob Dylan's head.... but if I was, I'd tell yez all about it... if I could... I promise! Oh, I should explain.. um, why I'm yelling that pledge at ya... in the night..... I was thinking about this one song and what I think it means...... OK, I need to rewind, a little bit more....

I was thinking about the fact that one of my favorite topics that you guys discussed this week was, "What is true love?" ....how do you define it..? The consensus seemed to be that true love is unconditional.... and I believe in that too- unconditional love.... I think of the saying that Ronnie B. drops sometimes about friendship: "In for a penny, in for a pound..." and was thinking it's like that...but to the infinite degree.....

Ron was sayin that it,"can make you believe in the mystical," and that's something I absolutely believe in too... Well, not to ramble on and on...just......that kinda love is a force and a power.... and when you can conceive of it.. it's like.... well what else is possible, what other forces are at work here.....that maybe I didn't believe in before.... stuff like that.. I don't know, I don't wanna be all too much!

So... Ronnie B., has said this from time to time.... said it this week too..."We need more words to describe things we love." I dig..... I think I get what he was sayin....Yeah... there needs to be levels...like a term for love of inanimate things.... and a term that indicates food love.....and whatever level of love you might hold for the animal kingdom...break it down into species, if ya like! There should be more words for all of that... and then the highest of the high being unconditional love....right... and then that's love.....Love-love....

Love without conditions, without restrictions... I was ruminatin' about all that when I thought of that Dylan song, "Love Minus Zero/No Limit."

That's where I came in with, "Well I'm not in Bob Dylan's head..." ...The next thing I was gonna say was...."but that seems a true love song to me." Seems like a song about unconditional love....The title might indicate, right? The lyrics too....lines like, "She doesn't have to say she's faithful...Yet she's true, like ice, like fire...."

I was thinking about what Ronnie said, which in my mind translated to, "How can you use the same word to describe how you feel about Pizza, sunsets, music and Bri?" It's kinda odd when you think about it.....I do tell Brian I love him better than pizza though.........

Well would you give up pizza for him? I WOULD........ That's a lot of love..

There needs to be a different love level for people that you don't know... who you still love..... Like I mentioned Dylan......Yeah....... and I love Jerry Garcia (R.I.P.)..... Feels like really love..... but stiiiillll.... you don't know em.... so maybe....???

So I was thinking about that Dylan song.... and how we need more words..... and I thought that if Love Minus Zero/No Limit = Unconditional Love.... then that could be used as a model......a model... a model of sorts....

Oooh man, I'm at the point now where I'm startin to get the squeamish feeling like... "Oh God, this is so making no sense..." but I guess I will keep splainin....... Muscle through.... or as Paul says on In Treatment, "Finish the thought...."

Using, "Love Minus Zero/ No Limit," as the ultimate.... or, "true love," for short..... then every other stage or degree of love below unconditional.... down to plankton.... would fall under, "Love minus ________?" It's fill in the blank.... according to ya preferences... Love minus the thing you will not do... love minus the act you can't put up with.... Love minus murder plot.... shit like that....

I'll give you an example.... I love minus forever-without-pizza, Jerry Garcia. I love him, but ya know, if out of nowhere he was like in his chuckley voice, "Hey listen Kath, I'm gonna need ya to like never have pizza again...." Where as in the love minus zeros example, I'd be like..."OK, no problem... You got it... No questions asked;" Jerry Garcia would have to give me a lot more information... "Seriously dude, what's this all about? Forever?? A perfect crispy slice?? Why? Who does this help??! Why is this happening??!"

Hmm... ya know, actually I would like to think that if the ghost of Jerry Garcia came to me with an eerie pleas to give up my slice habit, I'd like to think, perhaps I'd take heed...... Why would he do that though? And how do I know you are the REAL ghost of Jerry Garcia?!

Lotta cats rip off his look to have goofball chicks follow em around in parking lots.... so.... there's ghosts of them guys too, I imagine....

I... am... starting to think this is crazy talk... blowin up all over the place... I swear this all made sense in my head..... That fact should somehow comfort you into not mourning the loss of the last few minutes?? Aye jeez, forgive....

The point was, I was into that conversation..... about unconditional love... Right before that you guys had been talking about sad songs you listen to and like.... even though they could kill ya.....

Shite, between the sad songs and the talk of unconditional love, I was feelin almost ripe for drunk dialin! Come ooonnnn, I wasn't drunk.... Oh, but ya know.. just seems like the recipe.... just gettin all sentimentalish and so on..... Hung up the phone just in the nick o' time....Phew..

Dudes, but there are sooo many sad songs that I love and will listen to anyway.... Man, and a caller brought up my number one song of that ilk: "It Makes No Difference," by The Band..... I'm not gonna lie... I have a thing for the achy songs...... I see you, Aimee Mann... and Tom Waits.... Somebody brought up the album Closing Time... Forget it, that's a whole mood for me... I love it.. It kills me... "I love it,"... Throwin around the word, "love," again I guess... Hmmm...It's achy... but it makes me feel better? Kinda....or not.... well.... Anyway, you know that song, "Martha?" Wow man... Well.... all that stuff...... I guess it's like I'm a fan of the bittersweet....

Hmmm...but it's totally sweet when certain songs had ya singing along..... Dug.... I may have mentioned.. like... just the last time that I wrote to you.... I am a fan of the singing.... OK then...

Speaking of songs.... nutha fuckin killa song outta Sleeves! I dig that new Mooch song......not just cause he has lyrics singin, "Get your boots on." I also like to repeat the part where there's a drop of Lilly's that's like singin, "Because, I mean, for me anyways, like....Because, I mean, for me anyways, like.....Because, I mean, for me anyways, like....." So catchy....adorable too... Also... lemme just point out that I totally laughed when Sleeves is all about sending Earl back to Ireland in Mooch's place.... "If you won't go down on a girl would you at least go up in an air-o-plane..." Ahhh, tickled the funny bone...

Yo, one more thing lemme just say real quick.... I was happy to hear that the aule Mooch was still on the beast coast, in NYC.... For reals....! Was glad that whole leaving thing was a rouse...a heartstrings- ripping-out rouse....

Why "Cleaning Windows," gotta be on my list of sad songs now??! Ok, ok... old news....Well.... Ron was sayin all good stuff about how much Pepper Hicks and Mooch had been producing lately....he said that their production team could be called, "Pooch." That made me laugh and I just wanted to tell you real quick.... Aiiight then...

Ahem...

And here's something else I was remembering.....

"What's so fuckin funny about her???!" Ron demanded, referring to Fezzie's therapist.... Dave added, "Let's see her sing, 'It makes me a therapist!' "

Ron asserted pointedly, "I don't even think she could!!"

I hope that reminder made Fezzie feel a little bit better the other day, when he was havin a rough time...... If that didn't help, I know that the story Ron told afterward just HAD to... but this was the shit though......

Ron reminded Fezzie that we all have our bad days..... We all need to cry.... sometimes...... "Take for instance this story," he related.....

"When I was a child I had a grandmother who I just loved and cherished.....and she passed away....and you know, and I NEVER want to fuckin cry, not ever..... As I was walking up to the casket, looking at her in the casket, I put my hand in my back pocket and my wallet wasn't there..... Oh, I broke down....I was crying! I was yelling as I pushed the casket over, 'If one of you fuckahs stole my wallet, that'll happen to you!!!' ....and then I remembered that I left my wallet in my coat....."

I, for one, am thankful that Ron shared that.... At one point he also yelled, "This is America! There is no failure in America! Someone will come along and give you a bit of cheese, a place to sleep!"...

............and it felt like a rallying cry......or the chorus of an inspirational song!

"This is America! There is no failure in America! Someone will come along and give you a bit of cheese, a place to sleep!"

See, and that's so much more realistic than what all the immigrant mice all sang to Fievel Mousekewitz in the belly of that boat, on the way to the U.S.A..."There are NO cats in America and the streets are paved with cheese!" Dude... they probably thought this place was gonna be AWESOME...

If you're tryin to talk to me about, "awesome," Ron and Fez, I can tell you one thing that was totally.... Holy cripe, I saw those pictures of Fezzie as Goldust from Friday.... Fezdust...... WOW. He definitely rocked that wrestler's lunatic look..... and seeing the pictures, it was like reliving how I imagined it all when I heard it.... but ya know... upping the madness factor by buckets..... I thought it was funny, man...

As Fez was reminding everyone that he had to dress up as Fezdust to pay off a bet that he had lost to Sam, losing that wrestling challenge.....I also thought it was funny that he seemed to allude to the fact that his questions may have been hinky.... not on the up and up.... Maybe Fezzie had fallen for the ol flim flam? Still Fezzie took his gold self to the streets....

Ron kept killin me too by noting that people were running into oncoming traffic to avoid Fezdust...."A woman with a walker just went into the street!" and, "This is the opposite of an attraction.... people are staying away..."

I cackled too that Ronnie pointed out to Fezdust, "If you did this in Oklahoma, you'd be in the paper...." and when he'd add, "We're here at the corner of 57th and bad radio!"

Nahhh-aaaahh, man! I said, NAAAAAH-AHH!!! :0)

I was diggin all the strange Friday antics........oh... except...how bout we forget all about the, "Back and Forth Forever: The Catheter Edition." NOooooooooo..... Dave... nooooo..... No catheter stunts! Even I, as a chick, felt some kinda pain in a phantom dick..... Phantom Dick Pain....

Phantom Dick Pain is the name of my new band.....by the way.... in case you were wondering..... It's also the name of a reality show that I'm putting together where Dick Van Dyke, Dick Cavett, and Dick Van Patten are all training play for the Philly minor hockey team, The Phantoms.... They are so SORE with all that training...old fellers now.... and then it's like Dick Van Patten won't shuuut uuuup with the constant Eight is Enough Stories and Van Dyke and Cavett are like, "OK man... great news about that dog food of yours that so good it could pass for human food.... YES... we know... We saw you eat it!" And then Dick Van Dyke like all rolls his eyes and mutters, "and here I thought that CAVETT would be the one making it all about HIM.....iceNay interviewsay.."

On and on....

Well.... I should finally let yez go.... no more crazy talk for now.... For now!

Signed,

kathleen from the Bronx :):):)

drjoek
03-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Jerry might ask you to give up pizza but he always had a weakness for ice cream just like our budday Fez. So Jerrys Ghost would let you eat ice cream.
:wub:Love your new avatar

http://www.thefader.com/blog/files/jerry_sholik.jpg

Lurkin McWeirdo
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
:wallbash::furious::sad::wink::happy:"I don't know, I don't wanna be all too much!" go on you are too much:annoyed::glurps::wink::sad::blink:
I wanna know what love is :clap::smoke:

The Blowhard
03-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Kathleen! I'm new to the board, but I love your blog. Keep up the great work!:clap:

Kathleen From The Bronx
03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Jerry might ask you to give up pizza but he always had a weakness for ice cream just like our budday Fez. So Jerrys Ghost would let you eat ice cream.
:wub:Love your new avatar

http://www.thefader.com/blog/files/jerry_sholik.jpg

I can easily tell you that if the ghost of Jerry Garcia came by tonight with some ice cream nows-abouts, it'd be up there on the list o' the top ten greatest nights of life.... C'mooooon Jeeerrry...

Thanks Dr. Joe K :0)

:wallbash::furious::sad::wink::happy:"I don't know, I don't wanna be all too much!" go on you are too much:annoyed::glurps::wink::sad::blink:
I wanna know what love is :clap::smoke:

no emoticon left behind.... i think that should be ya motto.... I have mottos too....

:wub::wub::wub:

Hi Kathleen! I'm new to the board, but I love your blog. Keep up the great work!:clap:

Nice to meetcha Obama fan!

Kathleen From The Bronx
03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey :0)

More blogs comin soon.... sorry fer the hold-up... On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland....(wink).....

Be back in b'ness shortly!

Thanks to all who stop by and read theeese......!

:):):)