You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Great Dane vs Pit Bull; two enter, one leaves [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane vs Pit Bull; two enter, one leaves

SeriouslySuprCJ
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Who do you guys think would win in a fight, a Great Dane vs a Pit Bull? These are two normally bred dogs (Meaning the Pit Bull hasn't been trained to be a fighter), but something snaps in them and they want to kill each other.

I believe it's a Pit Bull, because even though the Great Dane has greater size, I think a Pit Bull has greater strength and more fierceness.

Thoughts?

Tall_James
03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Who do you guys think would win in a fight, a Great Dane vs a Pit Bull? These are two normally bred dogs (Meaning the Pit Bull hasn't been trained to be a fighter), but something snaps in them and they want to kill each other.

I believe it's a Pit Bull, because even though the Great Dane has greater size, I think a Pit Bull has greater strength and more fierceness.

Thoughts?

All I can think about is the first Michael Spinks/Mike Tyson fight.

The pit bull wins.

Snoogans
03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
i can only think of 2 dogs i would say have a shot at a pit bull. German shepperds and Rotts, thats it.

mendyweiss
03-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Fuck It, The Great Dane Has Bigger Balls, I'm Going With Him

Kris10
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Are you meeting up with Michael Vick later?

underdog
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
BDC is going to be pissed.

grlNIN
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
When my parents where in their mid to late twenties they lived on a large spread of land in Fort Lauderdale. My Dad had (and still talks about) 2 Great Danes that he had paid 5 grand each for.

They were completely trained with hand signals and specific words, trained to attack on command as well.

My Dad said his friend came to visit once and was teasing how the dog wouldn't be as tough as it looked. My Dad had the dog on a leash close to him and told the friend to hit the dog. His friend picked up a piece of rubber hose and hit the dog over the head, the dog stayed completely still, didn't even flinch. My Dad told his friend to hit the dog again and before he even got to make contact my Dad said whatever the word was and the dog latched on to the guy's arm until my Dad commanded the dog to stop, which he did right away.

In short, i think pit bulls are made out to be tougher than they actually are and just faced with a bad stigma. Would i ever want to own one? No. Am i afraid of them? Yes, they look evil. but in a fight there's no way a G.D. wouldn't tear a pit bull to pieces.

Badinia
03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Well...I know who'd win between a Dane and a kitten!

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/2008/03/16/overslurp.jpg

Snoogans
03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
When my parents where in their mid to late twenties they lived on a large spread of land in Fort Lauderdale. My Dad had (and still talks about) 2 Great Danes that he had paid 5 grand each for.

They were completely trained with hand signals and specific words, trained to attack on command as well.

My Dad said his friend came to visit once and was teasing how the dog wouldn't be as tough as it looked. My Dad had the dog on a leash close to him and told the friend to hit the dog. His friend picked up a piece of rubber hose and hit the dog over the head, the dog stayed completely still, didn't even flinch. My Dad told his friend to hit the dog again and before he even got to make contact my Dad said whatever the word was and the dog latched on to the guy's arm until my Dad commanded the dog to stop, which he did right away.

In short, i think pit bulls are made out to be tougher than they actually are and just faced with a bad stigma. Would i ever want to own one? No. Am i afraid of them? Yes, they look evil. but in a fight there's no way a G.D. wouldn't tear a pit bull to pieces.

the premise was that neither dog was trained. Pit Bulls get the stigma because its naturally in them to want to basically go fight. Most dogs dont naturally want to fight, some are built to fight for defense, but pit bulls naturally pretty much like to fight

grlNIN
03-20-2008, 10:33 AM
It was an anecdote.

I think a great dane would beat a pit bull but who really cares?

Melissa the Accountant
03-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I voted pit bull, based on body density and proportion. I think both are physically intimidating animals, but the pit bull is denser and closer to the ground. The great dane is tall with long legs and has a higher center of gravity. He'll fight hard, but I think the pit bull will gain access to his tender underbelly and inflict a mortal wound. I think the pit bull will sustain injuries to his back and head from the dane as he defends himself, but will live. Assuming this is to the death.

I'm actually kind of talking out of my ass. I've never seen a dogfight, so I'm just making educated guesses based on what I think might happen.

ralphbxny
03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Pit Bull!!!

TheGameHHH
03-20-2008, 11:36 AM

i have to agree with you here NIN, my friend Tim owns a Great Dane and its literally the biggest dog I've ever seen live. In my 26 years on this planet ive never seen a dog as big as this Dane, and when he wants to be that dog can be ruthless. The Dane tears the pits ass out.

SeriouslySuprCJ
03-20-2008, 11:57 AM
It was an anecdote.

I think a great dane would beat a pit bull but who really cares?

Who cares if a giant lobster could beat a rhino? It's just a hypothetical, obviously I won't be fighting them.

Really though I care because my girlfriend says Great Dane and thinks I'm an idiot for saying Pit Bull. So I want to be right for once.

The whole thing really came up when we were talking about an aggressive Great Dane at the animal shelter she volunteers at, and I mentioned I'd rather it be a Great Dane than a Pit Bull. I just feel that a Pit Bull is going to tear you up more than a Great Dane.

Syl
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
What if it was a Pit Bull-SHIT vs. a Great Dane COOK!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get it?

Fallon
03-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Pitbull.
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2563/pitbullbo8.jpg
Now that's some Miami shit.

Kris10
03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Who cares if a giant lobster could beat a rhino?

Ohhhh, tough! I'm thinking lobster because of its claws, but the rhino is HUGE. I'm going to have to go Rhino.

Snacks
03-20-2008, 09:09 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2nhF7Wyufs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2nhF7Wyufs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iy-vUCIm04M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iy-vUCIm04M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>