You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Most Devastating Leg Hold [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Most Devastating Leg Hold

marcpsych
03-21-2008, 06:00 PM
If wrestling finishing maneuvers focusing primarily on the legs (submission holds) were fully applied (a la the Ken Shamrock ankle lock in the UFC) and used in real fights, which would be the most devastating and damaging?

cougarjake13
03-21-2008, 06:04 PM
went with ankle lock

oh_kee_pa
03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
does that new move the undertaker uses count?

marcpsych
03-21-2008, 06:10 PM
The reason I went with the figure four is because I think if you applied it where the final foot is applied above the kneecap as opposed to below the kneecap, it would cause tremendous knee damage where the thigh connects to the knee, esp. if that foot was then hooked under the bottom of the victim's leg for added pressure.

But I agree that a real ankle lock is quite devastating - the first one I saw was Ken Shamrock in UFC 1 - snapped the guy's ankle.

marcpsych
03-21-2008, 06:16 PM
does that new move the undertaker uses count?

That's a Gogoplata Choke (a real UFC choke) but is not applied to the opponent's legs, even though the person doing the move uses the legs to help choke out the opponent.

lleeder
03-21-2008, 06:17 PM
The only one I've heard does real damage is this one:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXWPSvrs50w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXWPSvrs50w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

cougarjake13
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM
The only one I've heard does real damage is this one:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXWPSvrs50w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXWPSvrs50w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

didnt take long for that did it

lleeder
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM
didnt take long for that did it

I wanted to beat the rush.

cougarjake13
03-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I wanted to beat the rush.

nice job

Bellyfullasnot
03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Figure four leglock, Greg the hammer Valentine style!

marcpsych
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Figure four leglock, Greg the hammer Valentine style!

pre-shinguard or shinguard era?

BoondockSaint
03-21-2008, 06:43 PM
A scissor lock by FezDust. It crushes your heterosexuality.

MagillaGorillaz
03-21-2008, 09:15 PM
What, no scorpian deathlock! That might not not be be the most devastating, but god damn, that is the most scariest sounding one of them all. Scorpian plus death equals cool sounding maneuver.

http://www.therealsting.com/pics/012.jpg

Devo37
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM
FYI:

the crippler cross face is not a leg lock.

the scorpion death lock is sort of a leg lock, but the pain would be in the lower back, similar to a boston crab.

/it's still real to me, damnit!

ToddEVF
03-21-2008, 11:50 PM
[SIZE="2"]
the scorpion death lock is sort of a leg lock, but the pain would be in the lower back, similar to a boston crab.

So is the Texas Cloverleaf, and thats on the list.

I do feel the single leg crab if applied right (or would it be wrong) can do serious damage to not only the lower back, but the hip socket

sailor
03-22-2008, 03:19 AM
nature boy

ralphbxny
03-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AngelAmy
03-22-2008, 05:24 AM
the figure four hurts so much, i've had it done on me pleanty of times

I'd probably take a cock in the ass before another figure four.

I don't think I've had anything else done on me although I have been power bombed before.

And that is my bi annual post in the wrestling forum

cougarjake13
03-22-2008, 05:26 AM

I'd probably take a cock in the ass before another figure four.

I don't think I've had anything else done on me although I have been power bombed before.

i know you got 2 mod quotes already but this should definitely be one

BlackSpider
03-22-2008, 08:19 AM
It's the "Camel Clutch" used by world champwin Iron Sheik...

ToddEVF
03-22-2008, 11:47 AM
It's the "Camel Clutch" used by world champwin Iron Sheik...

Camel Clutch is not a leg hold.its almost like a seated chin lock if anything.

marcpsych
03-22-2008, 01:23 PM

:king:

Best commentary I ever read about the Figure Four.

I think Fez uses both of those as a finishing maneuver.

marcpsych
03-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Best commentary I ever read about the Figure Four.

I think Fez uses both of those as a finishing maneuver.

Sorry. For some reason, Amy's best line was removed (preferring anal to figure four) when I quoted her post, which is what I was commenting on.

MikeB
03-22-2008, 02:21 PM
From Double Cross Ranch, a Funk Family Special...The Spinning Toe Hold.

MobCounty
03-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Not that I have had any personal experience, but the figure 4 is illegal in a lot of MMA and can pretty easily break ribs.

Tall_James
03-22-2008, 03:34 PM
This one.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7CaSKUTRohA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7CaSKUTRohA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

foodcourtdruide
03-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I really think the ankle lock takes it. It is so goddamn painful to twist your ankle.

ponelas park townie
03-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Hulk Hogan's leg drop.

Section 8
03-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Not that I have had any personal experience, but the figure 4 is illegal in a lot of MMA and can pretty easily break ribs.

You absolutely cannot break any ribs in a figure four leglock.

You can severely damage the straight leg's knee and tendons through hyperextension and the bent leg's ankle and tendons at the same time.

The reverse figure four does almost as much damage, with the Indian Deathlock and the Ankle lock following up that list.

The spinning toe hold is not as damaging to the legs as the pressure is relieved too often to be truly effective.

The Texas Cloverleaf, while it does tie up the legs is much like the Scorpion Deathlock (or Sharpshooter) in that there is also some strain on the back.

I recently developed and used a version of the figure four where you use your arms to lock in the move instead of your legs and then raise the opponent into the air by their legs. It has all of the effects of a standard figure four, with the added pressure of all of their weight being used to add more pressure. I've used it twice in matches in the past few months. It's very effective.

marcpsych
03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
You absolutely cannot break any ribs in a figure four leglock.

You can severely damage the straight leg's knee and tendons through hyperextension and the bent leg's ankle and tendons at the same time.

The reverse figure four does almost as much damage, with the Indian Deathlock and the Ankle lock following up that list.

The spinning toe hold is not as damaging to the legs as the pressure is relieved too often to be truly effective.

The Texas Cloverleaf, while it does tie up the legs is much like the Scorpion Deathlock (or Sharpshooter) in that there is also some strain on the back.

I recently developed and used a version of the figure four where you use your arms to lock in the move instead of your legs and then raise the opponent into the air by their legs. It has all of the effects of a standard figure four, with the added pressure of all of their weight being used to add more pressure. I've used it twice in matches in the past few months. It's very effective.

I take it that you are a pro wrestler? Pretty sweet. I'll have to come see you work at some point. What is your ring name?

Do you have any youtube of your matches?

Heather 8
03-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I take it that you are a pro wrestler? Pretty sweet. I'll have to come see you work at some point. What is your ring name?

Do you have any youtube of your matches?

Yes, he is a pro wrestler, and his RF.net name is also his ring name. And he happens to work a lot in North Jersey (he has a show this Friday in East Rutherford, and the big BWO WARGAMES show April 11 in Garfield).

As for YouTube, we're working on it.

By the way, I'm his wife. Hi. :happy:

marcpsych
03-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, he is a pro wrestler, and his RF.net name is also his ring name. And he happens to work a lot in North Jersey (he has a show this Friday in East Rutherford, and the big BWO WARGAMES show April 11 in Garfield).

As for YouTube, we're working on it.

By the way, I'm his wife. Hi. :happy:

Hello Heather.

It is nice to meet you both. I will see if I can make it to the WarGames match.

I have been a pro wrestling fan for nearly 25 years and look forward to seeing local shows, though I have not seen as many as I would like (pretty much ROH, another local Northern NJ outfit, and also TNA in Wayne, NJ).

3 sources to publicize/your cards, if you do not already use these:

www.pwinsider.com (they have a separate indy section, as well)
www.liveaudiowrestling.com (GREAT Toronto wrestling radio show by the way - Sundays 11 P.M. to 1 A.M.)
the wrestling observer newsletter by dave meltzer and his site (www.wrestlingobserver.com)