You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Week of 3/24 Podcast [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Week of 3/24 Podcast

C_T
03-23-2008, 08:26 PM
The Week of 3/24 podcast is now available through the RSS feed (iTunes for most) or the website: http://www.ctandjivin.com

Jivin goes to Ireland
one of those great life affirming moments
letting the good times roll
cereal
science!
...and more

Interact with the show! Call the CT & Jivin Suicide Prevention Hotline at 718-312-8492 and leave us any feedback on topics we discussed, suggestions for future segments, or anything else!

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Nice! :thumbup: Downloading as we speak, now I have something to listen to on the way to work tomorrow morning.

SchnitDick
03-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Listening to it now. I love the trips home just to do laundry...ahhhhh college memories

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Another great show, do you guys have reeses pieces cereal down in the states? Straight up candy.

debit
03-24-2008, 11:00 AM
New segment: CT and Jivin's cereal review.

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-24-2008, 11:15 AM
New segment: CT and Jivin's cereal review.

When you break it down, the show is quite simple, I think they try to move on to new themes but it seems like these are the recurring ones;

Science
Bathroom Talk
Uncomfortable/Shitty Life Moments
Canadian Oilfield vs. Accountants
Women
Trevor
Cereal
Zombies and Aliens

Not that I'm complaining, I like it. I was getting some tattoo work over the weekend and got to talking about Zombie wars with the guy, he had just mentioned zombies in passing and now he thinks I'm a freak because I have several shotguns ready for the zombie war.

SchnitDick
03-24-2008, 11:44 AM
When you break it down, the show is quite simple, I think they try to move on to new themes but it seems like these are the recurring ones;

Science
Bathroom Talk
Uncomfortable/Shitty Life Moments
Canadian Oilfield vs. Accountants
Women
Trevor
Cereal
Zombies and Aliens

Not that I'm complaining, I like it. I was getting some tattoo work over the weekend and got to talking about Zombie wars with the guy, he had just mentioned zombies in passing and now he thinks I'm a freak because I have several shotguns ready for the zombie war.

how could you forget three important things "ct & jiving - music, movies, sports and a whole lot more"

oh and suicide too

SchnitDick
03-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Isn't a bag of frosted raisens called Raisenets???

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Isn't a bag of frosted raisens called Raisenets???

I just assumed those were a Canadian thing, I was wondering the same thing.

how could you forget three important things "ct & jiving - music, movies, sports and a whole lot more"

SSHHHHHHHhhhhhh, hopefully they have forgot about movies. The only sports talk I have heard about is CT's fantasy football themed bedroom, also it is good to see I am not the only one that accidentally types Jiving.

SchnitDick
03-24-2008, 01:55 PM
SSHHHHHHHhhhhhh, hopefully they have forgot about movies. The only sports talk I have heard about is CT's fantasy football themed bedroom, also it is good to see I am not the only one that accidentally types Jiving.

Haha well I was quoting the old Lily promo...and yeah I noticed the Jivin typo. It was sent from my phone so can I use that as an excuse???? I think its just a thing where when an "in" ends a word you just want to throw another letter after it, and usually a g

SchnitDick
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Here is this weeks recap:

http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1667296&postcount=65

BillyLiar
03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
The snack talk at the end was good, but they forgot the counterpart to potato sticks: Cheese balls.

http://www.mrmilkman.com/uploads/cheeseballs.jpg

They're just like cheetos, only more stale, and they smell a little worse.

Dodgerchick
03-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Another great show, do you guys have reeses pieces cereal down in the states? Straight up candy.

I've seen these but never had them. My favorite cereal is a generic version of Strawberry Special K. And Jivin, I like Grape Nuts, but only as a topping (mainly ice cream and yogurt).

I'm probably in the minority but I really enjoy the movie segment. We have a Netflix account and our tv watching consists of movies and whatever shows are available there.

Dan 'Hampton
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I love the Movie segment. Bring it back. No designated sports talk, and music either for that matter (This coming from listening to the old shows)

SchnitDick
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm probably in the minority but I really enjoy the movie segment. We have a Netflix account and our tv watching consists of movies and whatever shows are available there.

I agree I love the movie segment. I have blockbusters version of netflix and I update my queue based on ct and jivin's recommendations all the time

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm not saying it's a bad segment, I just don't quite see the point. 90% of the time I agree with their taste in movies. I just feel like people are going to watch the movies they are going to watch regardless of what anybody thinks. Stupid people will keep watching stupid movies, people with good taste will watch good movies and I'm going to watch what I feel like. Maybe if I wasn't such a movie guy I would appreciate it more. I don't fast forward it like Tdawg but I guess the best way to put it is I'm indifferent to the whole thing. Listening to people spout opinions that I completely agree with is sort of boring. I don't know if that is a back handed compliment or an insult but whatever.

Long story short, I will keep listening to the movie segment if they decide to throw it in again, but I'm not going to get too excited about it one way or the other.

P.S. I loved the trailer park

P.P.S. DON'T FUCK WITH SCIENCE OR I WILL UNLEASH MY SUPER VIRUS ON THE PLANET. I ONLY HAVE 50 BATCHES OF ANTIDOTE SO MOST OF YOU ARE DOOMED.

RickMcCrank47
03-25-2008, 01:18 PM
holy shit, thank the good Lord above for a new podcast.

prolly shouldnt have read this WHOLE thread before listening to the podcast

before listening responses: reeces peanut butter puffs rock my world!!
movie segment is ok, wouldnt mind a new segment though....
whats wrong with a sports update?

Dodgerchick
03-26-2008, 04:51 AM
I agree I love the movie segment. I have blockbusters version of netflix and I update my queue based on ct and jivin's recommendations all the time

Yup, we do too.

Speaking of... Antmeister added Jericho to our Q.

JustJon
03-26-2008, 09:20 AM
One of the best things about the movie reviews was CT & Jivin trying to choose between the awful movies that were out, picking the least worst one, then complaining they sat thru the awful movie the following week.

Brandon From Ohio.
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Potato sticks fucking rule.

And I will be trying some Trail Mix Cereal as soon as I can find some Trail Mix.

SchnitDick
03-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Potato sticks fucking rule.

Yeah they really do...I don't know what it is about them, but I love them

JustJon
03-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Two shows in a row about hearing about Jivin's balls in his ex-gf's waters... and it makes me wonder if he did it to either of the girls I know he dated...

SchnitDick
03-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Two shows in a row about hearing about Jivin's balls in his ex-gf's waters... and it makes me wonder if he did it to either of the girls I know he dated...

Oh come on, you know Jivin dipped his balls in Lily's water

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh come on, you know Jivin dipped his balls in Lily's water

I hope so, she is rather annoying, and I don't get the "hot" thing that he always get, from pictures I have seen she sort of looks like a well dressed mongoloid. :wacko:

SchnitDick
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
I hope so, she is rather annoying, and I don't get the "hot" thing that he always get, from pictures I have seen she sort of looks like a well dressed mongoloid. :wacko:

I definitely think she is good looking, plus every time I have met her she has been nothing but cool. However I still think she has drank some ball water before

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't even think that it is that she is that bad looking, I just heard Ron and Fez and Opie and Anthony talk her up for so long that the real thing was kind of a let down.

SchnitDick
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't even think that it is that she is that bad looking, I just heard Ron and Fez and Opie and Anthony talk her up for so long that the real thing was kind of a let down.

I disagree...but since this is ctandJIVINfans.com I guess I need to agree with you haha

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-27-2008, 12:39 PM
You just want in her pants. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RickMcCrank47
03-27-2008, 03:42 PM

who doesnt??

i wouldnt mind a pale chick....ive already got red hair and light skin, might as well have a ginger party, hahaha.

potato sticks are a staple in the snack world.

trail mix plus frosted flakes = greatest breakfast cereal ever?

SchnitDick
03-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Oh like you would turn down a vroom vroom from her?

SchnitDick
03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I love how this thread went from talking about the show to us wanting Jivin's ex

Brandon From Ohio.
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
trail mix plus frosted flakes = greatest breakfast cereal ever?

Fuck, now I really need to find some trail mix.

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Oh like you would turn down a vroom vroom from her?

Only if I could shoot one on her sloppy nah nahs afterwards. :innocent:

RickMcCrank47
03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Only if I could shoot one on her sloppy nah nahs afterwards. :innocent:

holy shit thats funny

lliagba lasdfgav!!! (we agreed thats acceptable for use here, right?)

RickMcCrank47
03-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Fuck, now I really need to find some trail mix.

im going grocery shopping as soon as im not stoned, and all supplies will be purchased for this test

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah going grocery shopping with the munchies never ends well. I once ended up in the cookie eye eating a bag of cookies while contemplating the picture on the front of the pirate cookies package for at least oh 15 minutes.

Oilfield Canuck #3
03-28-2008, 09:56 PM
lliagba lasdfgav!!! (we agreed thats acceptable for use here, right?)

I think I heard Jivin use it once,

Lee lbb

JustJon
03-29-2008, 12:18 PM
jivin, Battlestar Season 3 came out before you left for Ireland. It was delayed so it could come out just before Season 4.

Brandon From Ohio.
03-29-2008, 04:22 PM
I just had some Trail Mix-Frosted Flakes Cereal using:
1/3 bag of Planters Trail Mix: Nuts and Chocolate Mix (http://www.planters.com/trailmix/details.aspx?variety=1&cat=z)
1/3 bag of Planters Trail Mix: Fruit and Nuts Mix (http://www.planters.com/trailmix/details.aspx?variety=2&cat=z)
1/2 bowl of Frosted Flakes

And it was wonderful.

RickMcCrank47
03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
I just had some Trail Mix-Frosted Flakes Cereal using:
1/3 bag of Planters Trail Mix: Nuts and Chocolate Mix (http://www.planters.com/trailmix/details.aspx?variety=1&cat=z)
1/3 bag of Planters Trail Mix: Fruit and Nuts Mix (http://www.planters.com/trailmix/details.aspx?variety=2&cat=z)
1/2 bowl of Frosted Flakes

And it was wonderful.

i appreciate the links to the successful supplies...im still stoned, havent gone shopping

might have to make a special trip

i LOVE the fruit and nut mix idea....you are a genius

Dan 'Hampton
03-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Ah, I'm old and just had my oatmeal.

RickMcCrank47
03-30-2008, 08:06 AM
when the trail mix was on sale 3/5, i had no choice but to go for a trifecta of trail mixes with my frosted flakes....OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x185/RickMcCrank47/0330081145.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x185/RickMcCrank47/0330081151.jpg

proud_accountant
03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Jivin, just so you know you're not alone with the vindictive teabagging. In fact, I took it one step further and decided that my balls were dirty and needed to be cleaned - with my ex-gfs toothbrush.

SchnitDick
03-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Jivin, just so you know you're not alone with the vindictive teabagging. In fact, I took it one step further and decided that my balls were dirty and needed to be cleaned - with my ex-gfs toothbrush.

hahaha that's funny. Why didn't I think of this stuff before giving my ex all her stuff back?

C_T
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
It probably ends up being a damn expensive bowl of cereal... but aren't you worth it?