You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
3/25/08 Cuff-links vs. Cats of the Desert [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : 3/25/08 Cuff-links vs. Cats of the Desert

Kathleen From The Bronx
03-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Dear Ron and Fez Shooow,

It all came down to the cuff-links. That's how I decided...cause I had started thinking again about the question that was posed today, "What's more manly...gangster movies or cowboy movies?" I guess you guys kinda came to a consensus that the cowboy flicks were the winners...mostly due to their penchant for filth and stink and wild west lack of hygiene. I believe it was Ron who noted historically, "You know those cowboys don't have any toilet paper out there with them.... What're they using? A stick??" And dude you know, now that you bring that up... a lot of these cowboys are riding around the desert... so it's not even like their are leaves and sticks..... You've seen it...

Maybe there's a cactus every now and then... or perhaps the skull of a cow, bleached so white by the cruel desert sun..... Slim pickins! I wondered just now, when I said, "slim pickins," if that was a term that would aggravate Ronnie B. as much as the word, "fixins," does..... I thought it might. Sorry, you know... Ehhhmmm..

Oh but anyway... my point was you'd be lucky to find even a stick! It kinda all made me super-uncomfortable to realize suddenly how cowboys really treated that desert like it was nature's litter box..... Makes me sick.... Cowboys: Cats of the Desert. I wonder if The History Channel would run with that.....

Gangsters use battrooms...and sometimes they hide guns in there... but all boils down to fanciness though, right? And no my friends, fancy don't come in saddle flavor. No it don't....... At least that's what they say out on the range. Less fancy equals more manly, right? It was pointed out that there really does seem to be a lot of primping that goes on in the world of organized crime....

I almost started to argue with myself here over gender roles and, "Does frou-frou really mean un-masculine....Does it?! Answer me!!!" but I stopped myself... I mean, come on. It's been my experience that such gender role discussion always becomes reduced to throwing around names like, "Paula Poundstone..."

Goes nowhere...and that's when I thought of cuff-links... You know how she does the whole suit gimmick.... "Hey everybody, I wear this suit and a skinny tie." Yeah you've seen it all before...... I thought, "Naaah"... I see her even possibly goin so far as to tuck a coordinating silk hanky in the jacket pocket... but cuff-links...? That's a touch of class that I am willing to bet a moderate amount of money that she has overlooked.....but we're not talking about her really.....

Of course you know a gangsta roll wit his gangsta stroll.... Yez brought up pinky rings... and all the constant kissing of eachother's cheeks that goes on... oh, but I'm sure the well dressed mobster does not neglect a pair of cuff-links...... I seen em on Tony Soprano... John Gotti's were on ebay last Summer.... Anyway, so... I was thinkin.... These guys think they're too good for buttons. If you are so particular with such attention to fancy detail that you cannot tolerate a mere button at your wrist, I think that is more evidence that you are less manly than a cowboy..... I decided, so that's that.

There was also the point that Ronnie made which was that gangsters have so many regulations to live by in their crime families that, "You may as well join the Post Office with all the rules," or, "The name of the mob should be changed to AT&T." Oooh gangsters.... My aule great-auntie used to work for the phone company..... This is not helping your manly cause.

So yeah... that's just some stuff I was thinking about... Deep and logical thoughts.... Then this thought also came to me.... that cuff-links are like earrings for the pierced ears of your shirt....a lil something nice for the ears of your shirt...and how that does make total sense....and maybe my calling is really to get into the advertising biz.....

I do love the movie talk... Oh, and completely related....Ronnie was talking about how Robert Duvall is always great...."You're Robert Fuckin Duvall! How does that grab ya? You're a good gangster AND a good cowboy...." I just thought that was a good point... so.... bringing that up again.....

You guys were talkin about the different genres of film... likes and dislikes.... I thought it was funny when Ronnie said how if it's a cop movie he's watching, "I tend to like a lone wolf...." He also added that he appreciates a private eye who gets hassled by the cops..... Yeah, you know... I too am a fan of the detective for hire..... especially since they are usually described using terms such as, "hardboiled."

Anyway.... I just can't stand a chick flick.... That's a gripe.... By chick flick I mean romantic comedies where people the likes of Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are ceaselessly refusing to admit that they are really in love with each other in a variety of different locations... or this too....when Jennifer Lopez is hiding her love for Matthew McConaughey it stinks as well... Hey but speaking of J. Lo.. (and when am I not??)....J. Lo and Jane Fonda together?!!? Can I please be invited to that party.... AHHHHH!

Also, I simply can't stand to see Diane Keaton constantly trying to neurotically control her childrens' lives...... and then finding love or a valuable lesson when she least expects it.... Listen, me and D.K. are cools and everything... You know, she gets a pass from me for the Woody Allen roles.... but dudes....

Oooh forgive me... I feel that this has all been squawked at you before...Aw I feel like I'm soundin cranky.... Maybe who I'm really angry at here are are HBO and Showtime for making me aware of the tens of minutes of parts of these movies.... "Mandy Moore?! You again?!" Oh..but since she came up... one time Brian and I totally watched the entire movie of, A Walk to Remember... Sometimes being incredibly cruel and nit-picky can help you make the best of bad situations.... cause that was hilarious viewing times right there... I understood that she was the preacher's saintly daughter, but that didn't explain why she was always in dresses that looked like housecoats. Ya know? Ehhh anyway... I think I am digressing.....Maybe these types o' movies shouldn't be called "Chick Flicks." You know...that's rude or something.... I could instead refer to them as, "Movies which my mother-in-law will buy from Costco without fail...." Even though they are always on T.V..... for real....

Oh, but you guys were talking about how watching certain movies from the comforts of home can seem to make them more palatable..... The Will Ferrell flicks came up.....Yeah, I was just thinking that I haven't seen one of his movies in the theater since 2004......the same year he was in that Woody Allen movie Melinda and Melinda..... That was weird, seriously... I have to admit, it took me out of the film a bit to hear Will Ferrell make a relationship analogy involving The Nuremberg Trials. I thought, "In what world Woody Allen? In what world??"

Then my mind went a driftin, wondering if Woody Allen liked Will Ferrell because he kind of resembles a younger Tony Roberts.. who had been in so many Woody Allen films..... Yeah....... Nobody ever knows who he is when I bring him up.... Oh and I do bring him up. Why shouldn't I be able to tell people that I used to see him running up Madison Avenue all the time? Why would a person jog on Madison Avenue when the park was literally right over one block??? That's what I wanted to know.... Did he want to be recognized? "What the hell are you talking about??" people snap back at me... "I just told you I don't know who Tony Roberts is!" Then I say, "Sometimes he had this really crazy lookin dog with him...and the crazy thing is the dog had curly hair like him too..."

Cause you know, if people are gonna take this whole impatient attitude with me, I am certainly not gonna stop telling the story and senselessly elaborating on it...

Umm.... You know, I do end up seeing many more sports movies than I ever planned on seeing... because of T.V. and me not changing channels... I want you to know that anytime talk of sports movies come up, I secretly pray that someone will call in wanting to bring up Varsity Blues..... cause I really get a cackle outta you guys yelling, "I don't wont yer laaafe!" like a Van der Beek. That happened today! And there was rejoicing in the land.... which means.... my living room..... the room I live in.

OK.... well, like I already told yez... I like the movie talk very much.... Dug the show today like as I always do... The best, best thing though was that Fezzie was back :0) That was the best to hear....

Talk to ya later... Signed,

kathleen from the Bronx :):):)

PS- I just thought of another random thing that made me laugh.... You guys were talkin about video games for a second....remarking on how sometimes it can take fuckin years to finnish these missions.... Yeah.... So true... oh but this was the thing:

Ron said, "Try takin on Zelda... You might start feeling like, 'This is my life's work now...' "

YEah..... That game.... I'm talkin bout the original The Legend of Zelda..... from olden Nintendo times..... that game used to stress me the hell out when I was a kid.... I mean... I would have to just take a break for a while, and play some nice relaxing Super Mario Brothers...just to get a handle on things...calm down..... like taking a walk to coool off..... but without moving at all or disrupting my continued enjoyment of a sedentary lifestyle.... This is where I act like video games ruined my life..... Nah, but you know... I was thinking about this the other day... I really do seem to recall really getting fed up with running at an early age....It was just enough after a while, you know? The constant scampering... I'm sayin this waaaaay before video games were in my life.... Anyway.... uhhh.... I guess we can pick this up another day..... bye....(hurries off)

Kathleen From The Bronx
03-26-2008, 05:39 AM
OK..... so I thought why not just totally keep talking about this Tony Roberts cat, and make it kinda weird.... like, "Really? Why is this still happening??"

Yeah, I thought I'd post a picture.... so people can finally know what I'm talking about for once in my life.. he exists... there is proof.... I may have made that shit up about his weird lookin dog though..... like... I may have just seen a crazy curly coated dog the same day.... You know... the ole gal's memory fades....

http://www.luciearnaz.com/TonyRobertsPromo.jpg

Seriously, shouldn't he play Will Ferrell's dad in something? Has this already happened? I have many questions....

One more thing, for all my high-falootin' Woody Allen movie talk..... I first recognized this Tony Roberts, who you all know and love now, from a episode of Loveboat... Man, you just never knew who was gonna show up there, right?

Well.... I think I'll really finally stop talking now.... cause it's fuckin weird right... I mean.... really... Ok.... bye... for real...

drjoek
03-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Maybe there's a cactus every now and then... or perhaps the skull of a cow, bleached so white by the cruel desert sun..... Slim pickins! I wondered just now, when I said, "slim pickins," if that was a term that would aggravate Ronnie B. as much as the word, "fixins," does..... I thought it might. Sorry, you know... Ehhhmmm..

http://api.ning.com/files/CNajkpVAQTiVSRKhN0UCvkbEZk3t4iFq6LdEAEt1E9A_/SlimPickensC10104376.jpeg
Slim Pickens
http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb.jpg

:clap:love the blog as always Kathleen

drjoek
03-26-2008, 05:45 AM
OK..... so I thought why not just totally keep talking about this Tony Roberts cat, and make it kinda weird.... like, "Really? Why is this still happening??"

Yeah, I thought I'd post a picture.... so people can finally know what I'm talking about for once in my life.. he exists... there is proof.... I may have made that shit up about his weird lookin dog though..... like... I may have just seen a crazy curly coated dog the same day.... You know... the ole gal's memory fades....

http://www.luciearnaz.com/TonyRobertsPromo.jpg

Seriously, shouldn't he play Will Ferrell's dad in something? Has this already happened? I have many questions....

One more thing, for all my high-falootin' Woody Allen movie talk..... I first recognized this Tony Roberts, who you all know and love now, from a episode of Loveboat... Man, you just never knew who was gonna show up there, right?

Well.... I think I'll really finally stop talking now.... cause it's fuckin weird right... I mean.... really... Ok.... bye... for real...

One of my few brushes with a celebrity was running into said celebrity at a laudramat in East Hampton LI one fine summer day. He was very charming while he folded his summer clothes. Quite a nice head of hair on that guy even now.

Kathleen From The Bronx
03-26-2008, 06:00 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/CNajkpVAQTiVSRKhN0UCvkbEZk3t4iFq6LdEAEt1E9A_/SlimPickensC10104376.jpeg
Slim Pickens
http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb.jpg

:clap:love the blog as always Kathleen

Thanks man :0) Ooh dude, he was in Dr. Strangelove.... I did not know his name was Slim Pickens...... Ah-ha! Seems like big fun, that Slim Pickens....

One of my few brushes with a celebrity was running into said celebrity at a laudramat in East Hampton LI one fine summer day. He was very charming while he folded his summer clothes. Quite a nice head of hair on that guy even now.

YAY!!! I'm tellin you man... this is exciting news..... For the first time ever, I'm not alone in this sighting! Dude....fan club? Seriously? Cause I'll sign up. :0)

Lurkin McWeirdo
03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
:glurps::furious::sad::wink: I am putting on war paint and working on a script tonight about your desert cats

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/the_royal_tenenbaums/owen_wilson/royal.jpg

wildcats...... wildcats...... pacha pa ting...... I gotta go:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

The Blowhard
03-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Not only is Duvall a great cowboy, but have you ever seen him tango? Great blog entry KBX.