You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Flair A Georgeous George Originality Thief? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Flair A Georgeous George Originality Thief?

epo
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
So now that Ric Flair has retired and you've had time to think about it...is Ric Flair an original character or the greatest compilation of characters ever? Seriously...Georgeous George & Buddy Rogers must be envious in heaven of the man's career.

Which is he? Have at it you animals!

Mike Kingston
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
I think you could argue that everyone at some level is a rip-off.

Dusty Rhodes and Billy Graham stole Ali's rhyming promo's
Jesse Ventura and Hogan stole Billy Graham's look.
CM Punk pretty much stole KENTA's move set.
Honky Tonk Man borrowed a lot from Jerry Lawler

But in a lot of cases (or at least where people have become successful), I think people take something and put their own twist on it and make it their own. I'd say Flair was influenced by many... most notably Buddy Rogers, and Ray Stevens. But in the end, its the way that Flair chose to take what he borrowed that made him a legend...not just the moves/mannerisms. Or else the fake Razor/Diesel angle from a few years back wouldn't have been a bust...

And in a historical note, I'm pretty sure Gorgeous George wasn't the inventor of that gimmick but the name of the original eludes me at the moment.

Dougie Brootal
04-11-2008, 05:11 AM
how dare you besmirch the name of the great ric flair! i say good day to you sir!

GOOD DAY!

cougarjake13
04-13-2008, 07:13 AM
everybody steals from everybody... just like in comedy

Bossanova
04-13-2008, 07:15 AM
There are way too many gimmicks to not eventually use something from somebody

Gvac
04-13-2008, 07:22 AM
The funny thing is that some people never catch on to those gimmicks!

Friday
04-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Fortunately, All Good Gimmicks Outlast Time!

Gvac
04-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Fortunately, All Good Gimmicks Outlast Time!

You win!

I give up!

Team_Ramrod
04-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Jesus Christ Epo!
He hasn't even had time to make an 'unannounced' appearance that will lead to a 'one time only' match at wrestlemania.....

too soon bro, too soon.