You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
"Freebird" drops the N-Bomb [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : "Freebird" drops the N-Bomb

conman823
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
From TMZ.com:
WWE Writer Allegedly Dishes Racist Smackdown
There's no doubt that using the n-word is stupid -- but allegedly using the n-word in front of a guy that's over six-feet-tall, weighs nearly 400 pounds and calls himself "The World's Strongest Man" is beyond idiotic. Enter WWE writer Michael Hayes.

TMZ has confirmed that Hayes, the head writer for WWE's "Smackdown," has been suspended for 60 days -- allegedly for using racist language in front of wrestler Mark Henry. Michael's haymaker was supposedly thrown while out drinking at a party during the weekend of Wrestlemania, where reports say Hayes told Henry, "I'm more of a n----- than you are."

It's unknown whether or not Hayes was subsequently hit in the face with a metal chair.

A rep for the WWE released this statement: "Due to inappropriate behavior, Michael Hayes was suspended for 60 days with no pay. In order to return to work, Michael Hayes will be required to undergo further evaluation."

Grease man says: Waddle Doodle!!

Ling LnG

Mike Kingston
04-23-2008, 08:10 PM
According to things I've read elsewhere Hayes is pretty open about using the word but feels its okay because he's not using it in a derogatory manner. He's also apparently been warned in the past.

The story that's making the rounds is that he was joking back and forth with MVP and they were both using the word and then somehow Henry became involved or overheard and then became involved in the conversation.

In a large corporation like WWE, once someone complains, their hand is essentially forced. I don't think its an issue where they wanted to suspend him but once the issue was raised to HR, they had no choice or they'd be risking a big lawsuit.

Devo37
04-23-2008, 08:15 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/49kFPeItBdg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/49kFPeItBdg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MagillaGorillaz
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
This reminds when WCW was hot. Sonny Ono sued them for discrimination claiming that is why he was fired.

conman823
04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
According to things I've read elsewhere Hayes is pretty open about using the word but feels its okay because he's not using it in a derogatory manner. He's also apparently been warned in the past.

The story that's making the rounds is that he was joking back and forth with MVP and they were both using the word and then somehow Henry became involved or overheard and then became involved in the conversation.

In a large corporation like WWE, once someone complains, their hand is essentially forced. I don't think its an issue where they wanted to suspend him but once the issue was raised to HR, they had no choice or they'd be risking a big lawsuit.

In a large corporation like WWE this guy, who in effect is management, shouldn't be using it at all. Context aside, your just asking for trouble. My company takes the time once a year at least to remind us "how to act".

Mike Kingston
04-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Oh absolutely but its very ingrained in the fabric of pro wrestling especially with the old timers. Given the various gimmicks that Vince has employed over the years, my guess is that WWE management only really care in that they'd like to avoid a lawsuit which is why this gets tolerated until someone of color makes a big stink.

shadyrudy
04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Maybe it's built up payback for that whole "The Croc" and "Mizark Henry" thing that DX did years back. I remember the Croc asking Mizark, "Hey Mizark, how did you get your pecs to go all around your back?" LOL

Tenbatsuzen
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Maybe it's built up payback for that whole "The Croc" and "Mizark Henry" thing that DX did years back. I remember the Croc asking Mizark, "Hey Mizark, how did you get your pecs to go all around your back?" LOL

That was inappropriate, but it's not as outwardly racist as using the N-word. I know they were in blackface, but it's no different than what Robert Downey Jr. is doing in his new move.

K.C.
04-25-2008, 05:38 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/49kFPeItBdg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/49kFPeItBdg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Damn, I saw the title of this thread and immediately started looking for this video on YouTube.

conman823
06-19-2008, 06:29 PM
The Latest on Michael Hayes
Posted by Larry Csonka on 06.19.2008

He’s back, but at what cost?

Michael Hayes is back with the company full time, but his remarks to fellow WWE employee Mark Henry cost him a lot more than people thought. Hayes lost two months of pay and during that time was instructed to attend sensitivity training as well as alcohol recovery classes, which he did. Hayes is back as a writer, but demoted from his vice president position. This means that he will not be eligible for the stock grants and performance bonuses, which most years can be worth well into the six figures if profit goals are reached.

With all of this Hayes also has to undergo a lifestyle change. He is not allowed to drink alcohol during any company function. This includes while on the road and talent parties. There is talk that since Hayes' drinking is "the stuff of legend" that he may have to take "antibuse," which is a medication that makes you throw up if you drink the smallest amount of alcohol.

Finally, Hayes had to have a sit down meeting with Mark Henry in order to clear everything up, and he may have to meet with all of the company's African-American wrestlers.

The company feels that Hayes is a valuable part of the writing team, but if he doesn't change the company is prepared to move on without him. With WWE being a publicly traded company, the feeling is that if Hayes messes up one more time, he will prove to me more of a liability than he is worth.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Wow the "Good ol'boys" really have no place in the business anymore. Take your drinking and racism back to the indy scene P.S.!!

MIKEYDAKEN
07-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Damn, I saw the title of this thread and immediately started looking for this video on YouTube.
the best part of the vid is booker's I'm fired face good thing uncle eric was to busy giving the hulkster his weekly reach around to notice