You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Definitive Ric Flair Collection [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Definitive Ric Flair Collection

AnnoyedGrunt
05-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Well, that's what the WWE is calling their latest DVD release, but it hardly seems definitive to me:

Complete Matches
*Jack Brisco vs. Ric Flair - Mid-Atlantic (8/18/82)
*2 out of 3 Falls Match: Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair - World Class (8/24/82)
*Ric Flair vs. Harley Race - Mid-Atlantic (8/31/83)
*Ric Flair & The Andersons vs. Dusty Rhodes & Magnum TA & Manny Fernandez (12/15/82)
*Sting vs. Ric Flair - NWA Clash of the Champions I
*Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk - NWA Great American Bash ‘89 PPV
*Ric Flair vs. Roddy Piper - 10/28/91 WWF at Madison Square Garden
*Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - WCW Spring Stampede 1994 PPV
*Steel Cage: Triple H vs. Ric Flair - WWE Taboo Tuesday 2005 PPV
*Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Wrestlemania XXIV
"Ric Flair Stories"
*Too Many Distractions
*Buying Boots
*Bleaching His Hair
*Hanging with the Outlaws
*Ric’s Relationship with the Members of Evolution
Extras
*A DVD documentary on Flair covering his career beginning through Wrestlemania 24.
*Ric Flair receiving the Key to the City March 24, 2008
*Ric Flair Tribute Video
*Ric Flair’s Raw Farewell Address
Promos
*Limousine Drivin’ Jet Flyin’
*Stylin & Profilin’ – NWA World Championship Wrestling May 25, 1985
*Take a Ride on Space Mountain – NWA World Championship Wrestling June 22, 1985
*The Boss – NWA World Championship Wrestling August 17, 1985
*Slick Ric – NWA World Championship Wrestling September 7, 1985
*Real Men Stay Up – NWA World Championship Wrestling September 21, 1985
*What’s Causing All This – NWA World Championship Wrestling December 20, 1985
*Space Mountainettes – NWA World Championship Wrestling April 7, 1987
*Golden Spoon – NWA World Championship Wrestling November 13, 19

What should be added that wasn't already on the first Flair DVD or the Horsemen one? To me, some glaring omissions are the first War Games match, at Starrcade vs. Vader, any of his matches with Luger (though I'm partial to the cage match at Capital Combat) and the Wrestlemania match against Savage.

Section 8
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
You're also missing most of his feud with Dusty Rhodes. Just one match with him on the DVD doesn't cut it. They have had some real bloody and well-wrestled matches against each other.

Heather 8
05-13-2008, 03:29 AM
and the Wrestlemania match against Savage.

Savage and McMahon have very bad blood between them, so while the omission is glaring, it's par for the course.

Freitag
05-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Savage and McMahon have very bad blood between them, so while the omission is glaring, it's par for the course.

Didn't stop Vince from putting out a Warrior DVD.

Heather 8
05-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Didn't stop Vince from putting out a Warrior DVD.

Wasn't a very positive one, though.

I wasn't saying it was a definite reason why the match was excluded, just a possible explanation.

AnnoyedGrunt
05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
True enough, but I figured the angle and the match is arguably the highlight of Flair run with the WWF so they'd probably make an exception. If Steamboat had a beef with Vince I'd imagine that you'd still have to put those classics on DVD. But I suppose the fact Flair lost the match, the woman the angle revolved around is dead and the fact Wrestlemania 8 is readily available helped kill its chances.

Phil_Nubbs
05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I was really looking forward to this release. I was certain that his Wrestlemania match with Randy Savage would be included. It should be! There was also a far away dream where they would have footage of him dropping the title to Bret Hart in Saskatoon, Canada. WWE come close with a lot of their DVDs, but they have yet to come up with a "definitive" anything. I guess we wait until the next Flair release. The B-sides?

conman823
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
I think its hard to please all of the people all of the time. Still his Savage match was a classic and should have been added. Either way I'll pick it up.

Phil_Nubbs
05-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I think its hard to please all of the people all of the time. Still his Savage match was a classic and should have been added. Either way I'll pick it up.

Oh, I'll pick it up...but I won't be happy about it.

shot of bluegray
05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
There was an earlier DVD Collection of Flair that was much better. Came out a couple of years ago with Ric in the black and white WWF robe on the cover. It covered some pretty classic early matches along with the Steamboat and Funks NWA feuds as wellas the Rumble match. Loved the Windham-Flair draw...it was amazing how the crowd would pop for arm drags in the first minute back in the day.