You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
A new Sleeves fan [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : A new Sleeves fan

kevdog9
05-16-2008, 01:25 AM
After listening, I though maybe Sherwin Sleeves had hand picked the best possible show to give us to listen to on the night of 100 podcasts. I thought "there can't be a better version of this program" (Sarro's Balloon). But as it turns out it was merely the most current. As I found out after visiting http://www.atomsmotion.com/ there are a lot of best possible shows. I highly recommend checking out more of his stories and telling friends about them.

KFC!!!!

Sleeves
05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
After listening, I though maybe Sherwin Sleeves had hand picked the best possible show to give us to listen to on the night of 100 podcasts. I thought "there can't be a better version of this program" (Sarro's Balloon). But as it turns out it was merely the most current. As I found out after visiting http://www.atomsmotion.com/ there are a lot of best possible shows. I highly recommend checking out more of his stories and telling friends about them.

KFC!!!!

That's very nice buddy. :) thanks

Chigworthy
05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Sleeves, you don't have to start other accounts to pump yourself up, we already love you.

Sleeves
05-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Sleeves, you don't have to start other accounts to pump yourself up, we already love you.

busted...

:devil2:

kevdog9
05-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm Kevin from Connecticut & I don't lie!

I was truly moved by your work, then I watched "Sharky's Machine"

Sleeves
05-18-2008, 04:48 AM
I'm Kevin from Connecticut & I don't lie!

I was truly moved by your work, then I watched "Sharky's Machine"

I believe in ya KFC! ...after i write the next AMV I'll try to watch Sharky's Machine...we'll see what happens from this angle...

:) thanks again! now I want a bucket of extra crispy...

docgoblin
05-18-2008, 05:40 AM
I've been trying to steer people to AMV. I especially like to link the site on boards or blogs that say great radio/audio theater is dead. So many people think that if you're not listening on a Philco cathedral then it's not radio drama. I say poppycock! I can listen to an old episode of The Whistler on my Ipod just the same as I can listen to AMV on my replica vintage radio (I'm not gonna lie, listening that way does make me feel like I jumped in a time machine). I'm trying to show folks that there are still people doing quality audio theater out there and AMV is the perfect example of that. I hope I'm getting you some converts Sleeves.

Lawson
05-18-2008, 05:56 AM
I've been trying to steer people to AMV. I especially like to link the site on boards or blogs that say great radio/audio theater is dead. So many people think that if you're not listening on a Philco cathedral then it's not radio drama. I say poppycock! I can listen to an old episode of The Whistler on my Ipod just the same as I can listen to AMV on my replica vintage radio (I'm not gonna lie, listening that way does make me feel like I jumped in a time machine). I'm trying to show folks that there are still people doing quality audio theater out there and AMV is the perfect example of that. I hope I'm getting you some converts Sleeves.

At this point I can't count how many copies of AMV I've given out on CD. I usually burn episode 2 and write www.radioghost.com on the CD and give no further information, just tell 'em "listen to the CD and if you like it go to the site." Based on the feedback I've gotten, I would guess that 70-80% of the people who receive them go back and download the rest.

docgoblin
05-18-2008, 05:59 AM
At this point I can't count how many copies of AMV I've given out on CD. I usually burn episode 2 and write www.radioghost.com on the CD and give no further information, just tell 'em "listen to the CD and if you like it go to the site." Based on the feedback I've gotten, I would guess that 70-80% of the people who receive them go back and download the rest.

Excellent strategy. I'm going to try that.

Sleeves
05-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I think we're starting to verge on a street team here...

It's almost bumper sticker time. Where's Crazy Jen?

(but seriously...thanks so much you do-gooders!)

I do have a couple chances upcoming with the local Public Radio station...so on July 4th and Christmas Day I'll be sending out an hour of AMV over the New Hampshire Public Radio waves...we'll see if they get any reaction there...

Chigworthy
05-18-2008, 01:38 PM

That's pretty cool. Just think if a bunch of us seeded a public location or two across this vast nation with these promo discs.

docgoblin
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
That's pretty cool. Just think if a bunch of us seeded a public location or two across this vast nation with these promo discs.

I'm feeling a movement here. I'd be willing to seed the Long Island/Queens area.
If you'd permit me to do so Sleeves I could rip a bunch of CDs with the episode of your choosing, along with the web address printed on the disc. In the meantime I'll still be placing a link to your website on as many OTR and radio drama type sites that will allow me. We must get the word out across this great land and beyond! Atoms, Motion and the Void must be heard! :clap:

kevdog9
05-18-2008, 08:55 PM
I would def give out a bunch of cd's with the website on it here in the southern New England area. I'll check back to this thread and see what comes of it.

KFC!!

mmmmmmm chicken

kevdog9
05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I believe in ya KFC! ...after i write the next AMV I'll try to watch Sharky's Machine...we'll see what happens from this angle...

:) thanks again! now I want a bucket of extra crispy...

Cool, Sharky's Machine does have Zen Philosophy undertones.

(if you can't find the movie, let me know. I'll snail mail you a copy)

P.S. The movie wasn't half bad!

KFC!!

Lawson
05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm feeling a movement here. :clap:

I'm feeling it too... oh wait, it was just gas :huh:

The AMV Army... I like it!

utriculus!
06-07-2008, 05:42 PM

KFC!!!!

I heard sleeves' show on the night of 100 podcasts also. Absolutely a huge fan. An excellent addition to the general "feel" of the Ron and Fez "experience".

I listened to it on my iPod, from between the cold gray walls of my cubicle prison.

Thanks to that podcast, I got to enjoy the distinctly unfamiliar sensation of being inspired at work. :)

Sleeves
06-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I heard sleeves' show on the night of 100 podcasts also. Absolutely a huge fan. An excellent addition to the general "feel" of the Ron and Fez "experience".

I listened to it on my iPod, from between the cold gray walls of my cubicle prison.

Thanks to that podcast, I got to enjoy the distinctly unfamiliar sensation of being inspired at work. :)

cool buddy...thanks... :)