You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Your Favorite Sandwiches [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Sandwiches

KingGeno
05-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Meatball Parm w/ Hot Bell Peppers
Grilled Eggplant, Roasted Peppers, Broccoli Rabe, Sharp Provolone, S/P/O
Italian Hoagie with Mayo & Oil, S/P/O, Sweet Peppers
Grilled Chicken Wrap with Onions and tons of Honey Mustard

MobCounty
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
There are no good sandwiches on the West coast.. :down:

ChrisTheCop
05-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Hot Roast Beef Grinder*
with cheddar, lettuce, onions and mayonnaise.

Simple, but there's one place in my home town that makes them perfectly.
It's one of the reasons I visit my Mom so much.
I usually even stop off on my way back to nyc for one for the road.

MobCounty
05-20-2008, 09:04 AM

I take this back, the only decent sandwich here is my own Pulled pork sandwich.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Grilled Chicken , Fresh Mozzarella , Roasted Peppers

with Balsamic Dressing

Healthy and Deeee Lishous

A.J.
http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/food/07/10/29_cheesesteak_lg.jpg

GvacMobile
Bloody rare roast beef and swiss on a roll. BBQ chips as a side are mandatory.

booster11373
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Meatball Parm w/ Hot Bell Peppers
Grilled Eggplant, Roasted Peppers, Broccoli Rabe, Sharp Provolone, S/P/O
Italian Hoagie with Mayo & Oil, S/P/O, Sweet Peppers
Grilled Chicken Wrap with Onions and tons of Honey Mustard

Im with until ..........fucking mayo on an Italian no way man no way!

RAAMONE
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
rueben

GvacMobile
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
The king of all sammiches, however, is the Thanksgiving leftover one with turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce all slopped on there.

(Obviously DiabloSammich is in a class by himself)

KingGeno
05-20-2008, 09:18 AM
TThanksgiving leftover one with turkey, stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce all slopped on there.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: There are too many unbelievable sammiches to remember...

Friday
05-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Croque Monsieur: ham, gruyere, bechamel served warm on french white

Liverwurst and Pepperjack on Rye.... for a day when i don't mind popping 3 reflux pills!

EliSnow
05-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Rueben on rye
chicken parm hero
philly cheese steak
chicken cutlet, sweet peppers, mozzarella, honey mustard on a roll
lobster roll

underdog
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
There's a place in Lower Allston that is open until 3am and they have a sandwich called The MIT or The BU or something. It's a sub with marinara sauce, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and french fries. It's so terrible that it's good.

I have two go to sandwiches from work. There's a Steak Combo from Diminos in Revere. It's your normal steak sub with everything, including salami. Plus they have fantastic steak. There's also another place called Carlo's in Eastie that has the Sammy's Special, with 6 italian cold cuts and some provolone. It's fucking awesome.

WampusCrandle
05-20-2008, 11:09 AM
im a fan of the panini! yummy, cheese, gooey . . . sounds like my cunnilingus.

Hottub
05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Eggplant Parm
BLT with mayo
Cheesesteak
Prociutto & fresh Mozz with sundried tom. and balsamic
Taylor Ham egg and cheese
Tuna on wheat.

EddieMoscone
05-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Muffuletta.

Chip196
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Cluckin' Russian:
Chicken Cutlet, Melted Meunster, Bacon, Russian Dressing on a roll or wedge.

jetdog
05-20-2008, 11:35 AM
oh contrair mo frair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torta)

Hottub
05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
That sounds great, Jetdog.

Starving!!

joethebartender
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Muffuletta.

I concur. (one of the best) My cousins in New Orleans turned me on to it at the Napoleon House.
http://bp2.blogger.com/_Wcwv2-mLAFQ/RxbaXScVE_I/AAAAAAAABEI/ASRG8XCUU4I/s400/FJ_Muffaletta1.jpg
My favorite "local" sandwich is the "letter C" at Biancamano's deli in Hoboken. It's a loaded italian on hard or soft semolina bread with a chunk of fresh mozzarella.

jetdog
05-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Muffuletta.

I'll defenitely put this one on top also.
The best I ever had was from this little convenience store in Mobile, AL, called the FoodPak.
Homemade olive topenade, homemade bread, good quality mortadella, just enough oil for flavor and texture but not greasy at all...damn.

hunnerbun
05-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Grilled Chicken , Fresh Mozzarella , Roasted Peppers

with Balsamic Dressing

Healthy and Deeee Lishous

Who are you and what have you done with the real Hippo? I see no mention of bacon anywhere in here....:unsure:

RhinoinMN
05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Who are you and what have you done with the real Hippo? I see no mention of bacon anywhere in here....:unsure:

QFT. I thought for sure he would say BLT, hold the L and T.

drjoek
05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Diablo Sammich

BoondockSaint
05-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Italian combo wedge from J&G.
Genoa salami, capicola ham, Mortadella, pepperoni, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, oil and vinegar.

I grew up on those things.

Sheeplovr
05-20-2008, 12:31 PM
lettuce and chips on whole wheat

angrymissy
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM
french dip

http://www.jamesandchanin.com/wp-content/uploads/Food/french_dip.jpg

meatball WEDGE

Fresh Mozz and tomato on foccacia

Lady Resin
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
My mother use to make us banana and sugar sammies on Wonder Bread. Just thinking of it now turns my stomach.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM

QFT. I thought for sure he would say BLT, hold the L and T.

oh don't get me wrong, I want to Procreate with Bacon

but in sandwich form, a Club is Nice and Bacon on Chicken or a Burger is cool

but not my favorite sammich

DiabloSammich
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
(Obviously DiabloSammich is in a class by himself)

Diablo Sammich

Two men who know class when they see it. Checks are in the mail, gentlemem.

I'll throw another vote in for reuben on grilled rye, and a mom and pop down my way sells a pork chop sandwich, which is a pork chop the size of a dinner plate in between two slices of Wonder bread. First you laugh at how ridiculous it looks, then you cry at how friggin good it is.

And I had a Fluffernutter for lunch today. Good times.

trogdor2k
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
What about the PBJ? It's a classic.

bobsnin
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
A place here in vero serves a crunchy grouper reuben

Crunchy Grouper Reuben - Crunchy grouper on grilled Rye bread with cole slaw, Swiss cheese and 1000 Island dressing

RhinoinMN
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Two men who know class when they see it. Checks are in the mail, gentlemem.

I'll throw another vote in for reuben on grilled rye, and a mom and pop down my way sells a pork chop sandwich, which is a pork chop the size of a dinner plate in between two slices of Wonder bread. First you laugh at how ridiculous it looks, then you cry at how friggin good it is.

And I had a Fluffernutter for lunch today. Good times.

Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. This is Iowa's claim to fame.
http://tinypic.com/6nqg6c.jpg

Almost as good as chicken fried steak.

King Hippos Bandaid
05-20-2008, 01:01 PM
What about the PBJ? It's a classic.

if your poor and young

gr8 poor sammich

but we are talking grown up sammiches sir

DiabloSammich
05-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. This is Iowa's claim to fame.
http://tinypic.com/6nqg6c.jpg

Almost as good as chicken fried steak.

Shit, I just tried to bite my computer screen.

Don't ever do that again.

epo
05-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Cuban Sammich:

http://www.tasteofcuba.com/cuban_sandwich.jpg

underdog
05-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Cuban Sammich:

Oh jesus, lock it up. I some how forgot about that beautiful thing.

Tallman388
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Cheese steak hoagie with bacon, provolone cheese, oil & vinegar, hold the onions.
If I wanted a heart attack, I'd eat it every day.

patrick187
05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Goose, horseraddish, tomatles and lettuce on rye. Or, Dove, thousand island, provalone, lettuce and tomato on a hard roll. It's a North Dakota thing. We kill lunch.

Sharadoc
05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
:thumbup:

A suburb of Philly, north of Chester, in Montgomery County. Only place you can find the sandwich - if you venture a little outside it's called the "Norristown Zep", but locally it's just a ZEP.

Italian roll with oil, cooked salami, good provolone cheese, tomato and onion with oregano. That's it - nothing else.

Absolutely delicious as long as it's on a good roll.

A steak zep has cheese steak meat PLUS the salami and everything else. Absolutely fantastic and artery clogging.

Oh, and Tallman, if it's a hoagie, it MUST have meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and oil. Otherwise it's a sandwich.

See ya!
Sharadoc

realmenhatelife
05-20-2008, 01:38 PM
A Zep, which is pretty local to norristown pa. Cooked salami, provolone, thick sliced white onion and tomato, oil, oregano and 'hoagie spread' which is minced pickled hot peppers, on an italian roll.

Cuban sandwiches and cheesesteak/chicken cheese steak probably fight it out for number two.

also, as an italian, i give everyone permission to not pronounce italian foods by just letting your tongue numb out on the last syllable.

realmenhatelife
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
:thumbup:

A suburb of Philly, north of Chester, in Montgomery County. Only place you can find the sandwich - if you venture a little outside it's called the "Norristown Zep", but locally it's just a ZEP.

Italian roll with oil, cooked salami, good provolone cheese, tomato and onion with oregano. That's it - nothing else.

Absolutely delicious as long as it's on a good roll.

A steak zep has cheese steak meat PLUS the salami and everything else. Absolutely fantastic and artery clogging.

Oh, and Tallman, if it's a hoagie, it MUST have meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and oil. Otherwise it's a sandwich.

See ya!
Sharadoc

wow, sympatico. you can see my moms house from where eve's lunch used to be.

KnoxHarrington
05-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Kentucky's leading contribution to the sammich world, the Hot Brown:

http://www.relishmag.com/asset/file/art/39/139/408404.jpg

The original recipe is turkey and bacon on rye, covered in parmesan sauce, and broiled until the sauce browns, then topped with tomato, but there are many recipes. Many add ham as well, and use other kinds of melted cheese. Others add other toppings (there's even a veggie Hot Brown at a place I know.) It's damn good.

Oh, and on the name: it's named after the Brown Hotel in Louisville, where it was created. It might also be a comment on what happens if you eat too many, though.

Sharadoc
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
:bye:Eve's has moved further out of Norristown - off Sandy Hill Road near Kenrick High School. Is that where your mom's house is - or at the old place?

Interesting tidbit - Eve's grandson and her daughter are in jail for threatening to shoot up P-W high school. It was a big story last year.

Everybody's moving north to Collegeville/Limerick so all the good sandwich places are moving up there too - Corropolese Bakery, Pudge's Steaks, Eve's Zeps, Lou's Zeps and Steaks, even Suzy-Jo Donuts has a place up there now. It's fantastic!

I had my wedding reception at that cheesy catering place across the street from Eve's place.

Take care,
Sharadoc

silks
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
A deli near me makes a great combo sub (hero, hoagie, grinder, torpedo, etc...) with roast beef, turkey, and ham with swiss. Lettuce, tomato, onion, oil, and vinegar as well, of course. It sounds simple, but with a nice half sour pickle and some potato chips, it can't be beat.

Taylor ham (pork roll), egg, and cheese on a bagel is a close second!

BoondockSaint
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Kentucky's leading contribution to the sammich world, the Hot Brown:

http://www.relishmag.com/asset/file/art/39/139/408404.jpg

The original recipe is turkey and bacon on rye, covered in parmesan sauce, and broiled until the sauce browns, then topped with tomato, but there are many recipes. Many add ham as well, and use other kinds of melted cheese. Others add other toppings (there's even a veggie Hot Brown at a place I know.) It's damn good.

Oh, and on the name: it's named after the Brown Hotel in Louisville, where it was created. It might also be a comment on what happens if you eat too many, though.

And most importantly, it's not a sandwich.

Donnie Iris
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I just moved back to Pittsburgh, and I know this is a homer move, but has no one mentioned Primanti Bros sandwiches yet? ?http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/toddablaze/primanti.jpg

Not sure if that even worked as it is the first time I've tried to insert an image. The main gimmick is the addition of fries and cole slaw. I believe that is the roast beef, but you can get a number of deli meats...

joethebartender
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Cuban Sammich:

Great call, Epo!...Cuban Eddie's in Dumont, La Isla in Hoboken and Victor's on 57th are all good ones.

CardiffGiant
05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I agree with Fez that a Turkey Club is a solid choice. Always a solid choice at even the crappiest diner.

Others-

Steak and Cheese from this place Doogies. They use really good steak and real cheese not like some places that use the Cheese Wiz.

Chicken Cutlet(either with sauce and cheese or without sauce and with mayo and lettuce and american cheese) from the Cornerstone Deli in Hartford. Really good and not at all expensive.

EliSnow
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Steak and Cheese from this place Doogies. They use really good steak and real cheese not like some places that use the Cheese Wiz.

Chicken Cutlet(either with sauce and cheese or without sauce and with mayo and lettuce and american cheese) from the Cornerstone Deli in Hartford. Really good and not at all expensive.

I need addresses for both.

Speaking of sandwiches in the Hartford area, the lobster sandwich at Bricco's in West Hartford has gotten press in Esquire and on Oprah (according to my wife) as being a great lobster sandwich.

CardiffGiant
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I need addresses for both.

Speaking of sandwiches in the Hartford area, the lobster sandwich at Bricco's in West Hartford has gotten press in Esquire and on Oprah (according to my wife) as being a great lobster sandwich.

Doogie's is 2525 Berlin Turnpike, Newington (right near Ruth Chris) http://doogieshotdogs.com/

Cornerstone is 529 Main St Hartford (right across the street from City Hall and the Library)
you can view the menu here http://www.menupix.com/hartford/restaurants.php?id=720109

The Steak and Cheese and fries from Doogie's is awesome when you're going to be drinking that night, really soaks up the booze you drink that night.

Tallman388
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM

See ya!
Sharadoc

I believe the steak part is meat, hence cheeseSTEAK hoagie, it includes lettuce and tomatoe. I've had enough hoagies in my life to know the difference

samechick
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
before i was a vegetarian:

sausage, peppers and potatoes on a hard roll

now:

eggplant parm sammich
eggsalad on a hard roll
any kind of grilled cheese with tomato

MobCounty
05-20-2008, 03:34 PM
oh contrair mo frair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torta)

Dammit.. proven wrong once again.

SinA
05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Making it myself... Roast beast & monster, L, T, mayo and horseradish, salt and pepper.
Beyond that, you can't beat a good ol' cheesteak. A real one, not the crap they call cheesesteaks here in the Deep South.

For the DC .netters, check out the Lost Dog Cafe (http://www.lostdogcafe.com/) just outside of Ballston.

Also, I kinda like the buffalo chicken sandwich at Hooters.

meanmrbill
05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I just moved back to Pittsburgh, and I know this is a homer move, but has no one mentioned Primanti Bros sandwiches yet? ?http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/toddablaze/primanti.jpg

Not sure if that even worked as it is the first time I've tried to insert an image. The main gimmick is the addition of fries and cole slaw. I believe that is the roast beef, but you can get a number of deli meats...

Goddammit! You beat me to it. Great fucking sandwich. BUT.....I just returned from Slippery Rock, PA and had a falafel on pita at North Country Brewery. Excellent. Plus, this place brews the best beer I've ever tasted.
http://www.northcountrybrewing.com/

Chigworthy
05-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Not my favorite, but a damn good breakfast sandwich:

Toasted english muffin, Haas avocado, salt and pepper, nice ripe tomato, salt and pepper, melted sharp cheddar, more salt and pepper. If you're lucky enough to have some sprouts that aren't liquifying, throw those things on there too.

I've been making sourdough bagels lately, and this one is good for breakfast too:
Toasted bagel, cream cheese of your choice, thinly sliced cucumber, salt. Nice.

For lunch, toast up some sliced sourdough. In the meantime, throw some quality sliced turkey onto a hot pan and brown it on one side. Flip that sumbitch, put some avocado slices down, salt and pepper, and violently slap some cheese on top. Cover it and melt, while you dress up your bread with whatever and a tomato. Assemble and enjoy.

For dinner, you can't fuck with a homemade pulled pork job with coleslaw on it. You have to start the pork before breakfast though.

Heather 8
05-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Pulled pork, HEAVY on the BBQ sauce. The sloppier, the better.

I'm also partial to the Blue Heron from Isaac's deli (mainly in Central PA): thin-sliced steak, melted cheddar, green peppers, and tomatoes with Thousand Island on French bread. Haven't had one in years, but I still remember the taste.

Chigworthy
05-20-2008, 05:05 PM

A fresh dungeness crab sandwich? Perfection.

And that torta thing does rock.

Hottub
05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Grilled Portobellos with roasted peppers, fresh mozz and balsamic on Semolina.

Mmmm.

Chigworthy
05-20-2008, 05:10 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1321/1235915715_ac2924b24c.jpg?v=0
This stuff is fantastic, like brie without any bitterness but all of the butteryiness.

Take a nice fresh piece of warm baguette, spread the affinois on both sides, pile some spring mix with balsamic and olive oil on there, and your good.

PigShitIrish
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Right now I'm hooked on a sandwich from DiBruno Brothers in Center City (Philly). I forget the name of it but it consists of a chicken cutlet, fresh mozzarella, and roasted peppers with a pesto sauce, served on a pressed ciabatta roll. They are fucking ridiculous!

:bye:

Everybody's moving north to Collegeville/Limerick so all the good sandwich places are moving up there too - Corropolese Bakery, Pudge's Steaks, Eve's Zeps, Lou's Zeps and Steaks, even Suzy-Jo Donuts has a place up there now. It's fantastic!

I love introducing people who are from outside the area to the wonder that is Corropolese's tomato pie!

Chigworthy
05-20-2008, 05:36 PM
I love introducing people who are from outside the area to the wonder that is Corropolese's tomato pie!

Sounds like heartburn en croute. What is this thing of which you speak?

Heather 8
05-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I completely forgot about the roasted chinese pork sandwich on garlic bread. Best diner food I've ever had.

Also, whenever we go to Mitsuwa, I always pick up some yakisobapan.

Marc with a c
05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
i like wedges

GreatAmericanZero
05-20-2008, 06:08 PM
this deli near me has this "chunky chicken salad". its sooo good, its big chunks of chicken..not a tuna fish consistency of most chicken salad. I get it on this "old world rustic bread" they have, lettuce, tomato and swiss cheese. I get it multiple times a week

RhinoinMN
05-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Grilled Portobellos with roasted peppers, fresh mozz and balsamic on Semolina.

Mmmm.

that sounds dangerous.

realmenhatelife
05-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Right now I'm hooked on a sandwich from DiBruno Brothers in Center City (Philly). I forget the name of it but it consists of a chicken cutlet, fresh mozzarella, and roasted peppers with a pesto sauce, served on a pressed ciabatta roll. They are fucking ridiculous!

There is no other tomato pie, all other tomato pie is an abomination unto god himself.

Originally Posted by Sharadoc View Post

My moms house is off of sandy hill, near the old eves.

Also, point of order, does a burrito count as a sandwich? Cus that changes things.

trogdor2k
05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
if your poor and young

gr8 poor sammich

but we are talking grown up sammiches sir

Grown up sammies? How about an ahi tuna blt, ahi tuna pan fried then blt on fresh baked focaccia with wasabi mayo.

Heather 8
05-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Also, point of order, does a burrito count as a sandwich? Cus that changes things.

I believe ESD would have a fit if you even THINK of considering a burrito a sandwich.

nukinfuts
05-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I have to say Reuben I have always loved them but didn't know what I was missing until I went to NYC and had one from the Carnegie Deli, in fact I am convinced that you really haven't had a sandwich until you have had one in New York City, you people know how to make a sandwich that's worth paying $15 for.

On the gross side, where I live now in the midwest they have a brain sandwich which I could never ever eat in a million years, it has fried cow brains (they may be using sheep brains because of the mad cow disease) and pickles on a bun. Alton Brown came here and had one when he was doing his Feasting on Asphault show and the look on his face as he tried not to be disguisted was priceless.

realmenhatelife
05-21-2008, 04:11 AM
I believe ESD would have a fit if you even THINK of considering a burrito a sandwich.

But it definately is; protein and flavoring stretched with a bread, with a self contained/portable structure.

Heather 8
05-21-2008, 04:27 AM
But it definately is; protein and flavoring stretched with a bread, with a self contained/portable structure.

He will argue you need two pieces of bread.

GreatAmericanZero
05-21-2008, 04:35 AM
sometimes i think ESD goes a little far with his "sandwich" "Not a sandwich" thing, but i'll agree that a bagel or a parmigiana hero is not a sandwich

realmenhatelife
05-21-2008, 04:45 AM
He will argue you need two pieces of bread.

He would also argue that it is very reasonable to shove things in your ass. Dave would have to give the Pope aids to stop being thought of as 'the guy who eats shit,' so that doesn't really hold any water with me.

Also, anyone who knows how to make a hoagie knows that you DO NOT cut all the way through the roll, so you essentially have only one peice of bread. And if Dave wants to argue that a hoagie is not a sandwich he can enjoy his torrent of cowbells.

Heather 8
05-21-2008, 04:55 AM
I'm not saying I agree with him on everything, I'm just going by his past arguments, as illogical as they may be.

And while I personally don't see a burrito as a sammich, I do see it as good eatin'.

Thebazile78
05-21-2008, 05:07 AM
I saw several mentions of the Reuben in this thread, but am rather dismayed as to their lack of specificity.

A truly great Reuben is the open-faced Reuben that can only be consumed with a knife and fork.

I've been to places where, horror of horrors, they've passed off a regular corned beef (or pastrami) with Swiss as a Reuben. A sandwich that you can pick up in your hands, that is!

(I have ordered Reubens in pretty much every spot I'm able ... and you canNOT get a good one outside of an hour from NYC.)

realmenhatelife
05-21-2008, 05:10 AM
And while I personally don't see a burrito as a sammich, I do see it as good eatin'.

Well, thats one thing we all can agree on.

NewYorkDragons80
05-21-2008, 05:12 AM
I worked at a fairly legendary deli on Long Island for 3 1/2 years, so here's the sandwich I invented:
Roast Beef, 1 layer of American, 1 layer of Pepper Jack. Melt the cheese and heat up the roast beef. The roll should be toasted garlic bread. Top it all off with Russian dressing.

Clinton Bigsby
05-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Making it myself... Roast beast & monster, L, T, mayo and horseradish, salt and pepper.
Beyond that, you can't beat a good ol' cheesteak. A real one, not the crap they call cheesesteaks here in the Deep South.

For the DC .netters, check out the Lost Dog Cafe (http://www.lostdogcafe.com/) just outside of Ballston.

Also, I kinda like the buffalo chicken sandwich at Hooters.

SinA, so far you've referenced Lost Dog Cafe, and Grotto Pizza. I'm pretty sure our taste buds are identicle twins.

RAAMONE
05-21-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm also partial to the Blue Heron from Isaac's deli (mainly in Central PA): thin-sliced steak, melted cheddar, green peppers, and tomatoes with Thousand Island on French bread. Haven't had one in years, but I still remember the taste.

i just ate there yesterday...theres one right down the road from my work in mechanicsburg...had the yellow bellied sap sucker (roast beef, mozz, spinach, tomatoes, and dijon) very good...now i'll have to try the blue herron today

also i forgot my top 2 favorites

1. Gyro - i cant believe nobody mentioned this yet...theres a greek place in carlisle called the North Hanover Grill (i know i'm getting local but there are like 2 people on here that know my area) they make it with tender lamb, tzatziki sauce, camalized onions, tomatoes, and feta...definatly my favorite

2. tomato sammich...very simple...italian bread, tomatoes, mayo, ground pepper

NewYorkDragons80
05-21-2008, 05:32 AM
As long as everybody else is plugging their joints, I'll plug the place I worked at.
Beckmann's Deli
171 Union Ave
Lynbrook, NY 11563

One of the last places that cooks their own roast beef, turkey, corned beef, and briscuit in their own ovens. We've also been written up by a couple papers for our potato salad. The Big Bopper is their biggest sandwich. It's a lot like the sandwich I invented, only with bacon and no pepper jack. Honestly, their roast beef might be the best out there. I've yet to find another place that matches up.

Someone else mentioned seafood sandwiches. There's a place in West Haven, CT called Stowe's. The make these amazing lobster rolls. Normally, a lobster roll means crappy cold lobster salad, but this place serves fresh hot steamed lobster chopped up and served on a buttered toasted slice of Texas toast. Un-fucking-believable

Jughead
05-21-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm phucking Starvin:bye:

KingGeno
05-21-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm phucking Starvin:bye:

:surrender: << my stomach to the Sammich Army

Today, I plan on having a Red Robin Crispy Fish Burger.

Crispy Fish Burger
Ice Water Cod Filet in a light tempura batter, fried
Shredded Cabbage
Tomatoes
Pickles
Dill'd & Pickl'd tartar sauce

Excellent sammich. It is key to serve fish or shark sammiches on cabbage.

RAAMONE
05-21-2008, 05:46 AM

Crispy Fish Burger
Shredded Cabbage
Tomatoes
Pickles

everyone on here trashes red robin...but honestly, for a chain restaurant, i think their sandwiches are pretty good

Jughead
05-21-2008, 06:05 AM

Crispy Fish Burger
Shredded Cabbage
Tomatoes
Pickles

Love cabbage we got any??

weslank
05-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Grilled chicken with melted cheese, any kind---with bacon, lettuce, onion, and BBQ sauce, on a hoagie roll

weslank
05-21-2008, 06:12 AM
everyone on here trashes red robin...but honestly, for a chain restaurant, i think their sandwiches are pretty good
Just got a Red Robin here in Lexington---very popular, always packed---good sandwiches, good fries, but burgers can be sloppy, need a fork sometimes

joethebartender
05-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Just got a Red Robin here in Lexington---very popular, always packed---good sandwiches, good fries, but burgers can be sloppy, need a fork sometimes

Proud to say that I don't even know what Red Robin is. (f'in hayseeds and their chains.):wallbash:

EliSnow
05-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Proud to say that I don't even know what Red Robin is. (f'in hayseeds and their chains.):wallbash:

Hey, there are Red Robins in non-hayseed areas of CT.

KingGeno
05-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Back when I was on a hardcore diet, and staying away with carbs, I used to make turkey burgers and put stuff between two turkey burger patties. I called them Burgwiches.

So I believe that anything contained within two similar entities, be it food or other, can be considered a "Wich".

But I want this to be a Sammich Wiki page for my fellow buddays. :drunk: :tongue:

RAAMONE
05-21-2008, 07:55 AM

dont be hypocritical...what you've never eaten at a chain restaurant?

never grabed a burger at mcdonalds?

f'in hayseed

Matty_poo
05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
chicken parm, plain and simple :happy:

NewYorkDragons80
05-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Whoever trashes Red Robin is my sworn enemy.

patrick187
05-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Best sandwich ever: Me between two bitches. One working the cock and one chewin the ass

Sean from the Suburbs
05-21-2008, 08:41 AM
My Favorite Sandwich would be with Lily and Babygirl

KingGeno
05-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Best sandwich ever: Me between two bitches. One working the cock and one chewin the ass

Like a bird feeder?

patrick187
05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Like a bird feeder?

Like a bird feeder.

Alice S. Fuzzybutt
05-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Marinated portobello mushrooms with fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, on focaccia with the slightest hint of pesto.

OR

A Subway tuna sub with lettuce and tomato and a dash of vinegar.

sailor
05-21-2008, 11:52 PM
corned beef and pastrami on rye with either spicy deli mustard or russian dressing.

CruelCircus
05-22-2008, 12:55 AM
sometimes i think ESD goes a little far with his "sandwich" "Not a sandwich" thing, but i'll agree that a bagel or a parmigiana hero is not a sandwich

By definition, anything called hero is a sandwich!

And if you throw some meat and/or cheese on a bagel, it's a bagel sandwich.

A hamburger is also, most definitely, a type of sandwich. Doesn't mean you have to call it a "hamburger sandwich", but it is one.

Dave's off his rocker.

joethebartender
05-22-2008, 01:24 AM
dont be hypocritical...what you've never eaten at a chain restaurant?

never grabed a burger at mcdonalds?

f'in hayseed

Precisely... You just made my point.

Yosammity
05-22-2008, 03:47 AM
Pastrami on rye.
Mama's sandwhich from Corona Queens.

There used to be a sandwhich place by me that made The Upper Bronx -- roasted pork with BBQ sauce bacon and melted cheddar. Freakin' fantastic!

drucifer
05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
My fruity experience - Strawberry and Brie - fucking delicious.

With white wine.

It's not gay, it's feminine.

spadanko
05-22-2008, 11:57 AM
roast beef (rare) russian dressing, cole slaw

chicken cutlet, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, balsamic

Italian combo, lettuce, tomato, oli and vinegar

sausage and peppers from any feast (best probably St. Anne's in Hoboken)

my arthur ave special: fresh ricotta, slices of parma prosciutto (only a few slices.. very thin) and fresh Mozzarella. all on sliced italian bread (the round bread)

Primanti Bros. are amazing

and best Cheesesteak place in Philly (IMO) is Chubby's

I can talk about food forever.

BoondockSaint
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I could go for a fried oyster po' boy right now.

MightyWill
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
My favorite was from a pizza joint in Londonderry NH that no longer makes the sandwich, but I have never found a true competitor for it. It was sliced chicken breast with cajun seasoning with melted cheese and chopped onions on a sub roll...holy crap was it good.

There is one that comes close. It is from a small family Italian restaurant and is awesome home made toasted italian bread with chicken breast, red and yellow peppers, and olive oil with a twinge of lemon juice too. That one is awesome, the bastards don't deliver though so it is a "pickup only" kinda place.

Shanneebear
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
1. philly cheese steak from Pats in Philly
2. meatball parm

Shanneebear
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
**I forgot the thanksgiving day sandwich from Just Sandwiches on Howard Blvd in Mt. Arlington, NJ....fresh roasted gravy, with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on a warm hoagie roll.....fantastic!

Gritty
05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
From Jimmy Buff's (http://www.jimmybuff.com)

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/651/italianhotdogqz3.jpg

Four locations in NORTH Jersey.

EliSnow
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
One of my favorite subs was from a place called Park Street Sub in New Haven. It closed in 1993, but oh were their subs great. They had one called the Carmine, which was a variation of a cheese steak that was incredible. I can't remember exactly what was on it (since I was drunk most of the time I ate it, and it was 15 years ago), but I'm practically drooling thinking of that sub.

RAAMONE
05-27-2008, 07:03 AM
nothing can beat a hot dog with saurkraut

and the best hot dogs are made by "sahlen's" i think they're out of buffalo

patrick187
05-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Here's a popular sandwich for the hayseeds in the mid west. It's an open-faced sandwich called "Shit on a Shingle" Take two slices of thick sliced white bread spread on a thick layer of mashed potatoes and butter; on top of that add a huge portion of slow roasted roast beef. Top it all off with a ton of thick brown gravy. Serve Hot! Be sure to eat with your knuckles dragging.

weekapaugjz
05-27-2008, 11:57 AM
nothing can beat a hot dog with saurkraut

and the best hot dogs are made by "sahlen's" i think they're out of buffalo

you are correct, they are the best hotdogs ever. i think they might carry them in wegmans if you have any of those around you.

http://www.louieshotdogs.com/web/sites/www.louieshotdogs.com.web/files/sahlens_hot_dogs.gif

weekapaugjz
05-27-2008, 12:03 PM
since hearing the discussion on the replay over the weekend, i have concluded these to be my top three:

1. reuben
2. beef on weck
3. blt

Heather 8
05-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Here's a popular sandwich for the hayseeds in the mid west. It's an open-faced sandwich called "Shit on a Shingle" Take two slices of thick sliced white bread spread on a thick layer of mashed potatoes and butter; on top of that add a huge portion of slow roasted roast beef. Top it all off with a ton of thick brown gravy. Serve Hot! Be sure to eat with your knuckles dragging.

That's not the SOS I'm familiar with (creamed chipped beef on toast... pure bliss). That's what we call a (albeit tasty) open-face roast beef sandwich.

KingGeno
05-27-2008, 12:11 PM
That's not the SOS I'm familiar with (creamed chipped beef on toast... pure bliss). That's what we call a (albeit tasty) open-face roast beef sandwich.

Yea...........SOS is creamed chip beef. SOS is a military slang for it.

eeroomnhoj
05-27-2008, 02:02 PM
since hearing the discussion on the replay over the weekend, i have concluded these to be my top three:

1. reuben
2. beef on weck
3. blt

My vote:

http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/1/f11/489309569