You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Have you ever invented a meal? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever invented a meal?

Reynolds
06-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Coming home late at night after a night of drinking usually results in some pretty strange food combinations, but totally sober yesterday I invented this:

1/2 lb steak burger patty grilled in my foreman grill, with mushrooms between 2 slices of texas toast garlic bread with barbecue sauce.

delicious

another one that might not be widely accepted

scrambled eggs mixed with tuna and salsa

Gmann
06-01-2008, 01:38 AM
toasted whole wheat bread

scrambled egg

and two hot dogs sliced down the middle

yeah I was drunk and starvin

Reynolds
06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
I like experimenting with different pizza recipes too. A bread machine does a great job of mixing the dough. For dough, 2/3 wheat flour, 1/3 white. With sundried tomatoes mixed into the dough. Basil and pignoli pesto (sometimes home made as well) instead of regular tomato sauce. Mozz, provolone, and parmesean cheese, spinach and mushroom

sailor
06-01-2008, 03:27 AM
take a regular american cheese sandwich and fry it up in a pan in butter.

bossdjbware
06-01-2008, 03:57 AM
After working at a pizza place for a period of time in my youth, I started to experiment. I love me some tuna salad on a slice of pizza or in a stromboli with pickles. Good stuff.

sailor
06-01-2008, 04:04 AM
After working at a pizza place for a period of time in my youth, I started to experiment. I love me some tuna salad on a slice of pizza or in a stromboli with pickles. Good stuff.

i can't imagine it, but i've read tuna is one of the top pizza toppings in italy.

bossdjbware
06-01-2008, 04:59 AM
i can't imagine it, but i've read tuna is one of the top pizza toppings in italy.

The combination of ingredients are similar to a tuna melt.

Sometimes I would even add some crumbled potato chips.

Gvac
06-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Peanut butter and jelly pasta.

It's nowhere near as gross as it sounds.

biggestmexi
06-01-2008, 05:41 AM
1.)pb and j pizza.

a nice berry sauce for pound cake (frozen berry's 2.)rasperry's,blackbrry's,blubrry's,and such sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar, alchoholin which will not be named, water. AND REDUCE for about half a day.

3.)my rib rub.

4.)scalloped corn chicken casserole

5.) and others. I used to work at a couple resorts and i could use there resource for nothing
boy do i miss those days:down:

AnnoyedGrunt
06-01-2008, 06:12 AM
When I was a kid I thought milk and Pepsi together was delicious.

ChrisTheCop
06-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I worked at McDonald's a long time ago, in a land far away....

I got to putting chicken McNuggets on a bun, with lettuce tomato and mayo.

My manager saw me doing it, said it was pretty cool but dont let customers see it cause theyll want it too.

A few years later, he owns a few McD's, and there's a little thing called a McChicken Sandwich. Coincidence? I think not.

Chigworthy
06-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Take a small pizza skin with a nice rolled edge on it. Crack a couple of eggs into it, than throw some omlette ingredients on top. Bake as normal, enjoy breakfast.

angrymissy
06-01-2008, 09:13 AM
toasted whole wheat bread

scrambled egg

and two hot dogs sliced down the middle

yeah I was drunk and starvin

Oh man. I just started a hardcore diet today (raw veg for 3 days) and that sounds FUCKING DELICIOUS. I should stay out of this thread. I would put ketchup on that and be in heaven.

grlNIN
06-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I would get high and have oreos with orange juice.

drusilla
06-01-2008, 09:26 AM
my boyfriend loves chocolate chip cookies & orange juice. i think it's disgusting.

Heather 8
06-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Leftover spaghetti, preferably with a nice meaty sauce, with tortilla chips crumbled in, topped with melted cheddar or mozz. Carb-heavy yes, but oh so good.

dereckfishboy
06-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Grilled Peanut butter sandwich.....Made the same way as a grilled cheese, but with peanut butter.... Peeled it open and added jelly after I was done frying... I remember it being pretty damn good, but I remember all kinds of inaccurate things....

sailor
06-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Grilled Peanut butter sandwich.....Made the same way as a grilled cheese, but with peanut butter.... Peeled it open and added jelly after I was done frying... I remember it being pretty damn good, but I remember all kinds of inaccurate things....

this reminded me of something my mom used to make. mix PB with a tiny bit of honey, make sandwich, then make french toast with that sandwich. fuckin' incredible.

Reynolds
06-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Leftover spaghetti, preferably with a nice meaty sauce, with tortilla chips crumbled in, topped with melted cheddar or mozz. Carb-heavy yes, but oh so good.

mmmm, i gotta try that.

dereckfishboy
06-01-2008, 11:52 AM
this reminded me of something my mom used to make. mix PB with a tiny bit of honey, make sandwich, then make french toast with that sandwich. fuckin' incredible.

Oooo....PB with french toast.... thanks for the idea, bud..........

jetdog
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
1.5-2 lb ground beef or turkey plus McCormick taco seasoning
1 package rice-a-roni beef with vermicelli mix
2 cans of mexicorn (yes that is what it is called, canned corn with red and green bell peppers)

combine all cooked ingredients and serve in a burrito with cheese (jack and/or cheddar), cillantro, avocado, sour cream and hot sauce.

ralphbxny
06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
jelly and cheese...ohh it was somuch better when I was drunk!

hereintheUK
06-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Egg in the whole.

(It's a working title)

mikeyboy
06-01-2008, 12:47 PM
The spaghetti sandwich (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62389)

You're welcome.

hereintheUK
06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
The spaghetti sandwich (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62389)

You're welcome.

When I was a student living on the breadline I'd regularly stick a tin of Heinz Spaghetti in between two slices of bread and throw it in the grilled sandwich maker. A real delicacy

This was in 2003. I'd need proof to conced you inveted it before me.

bobsnin
06-01-2008, 01:30 PM
boiled ramen noodles
shredded cheddar cheese
ranch dressing

cheesy ranch noodles

foodcourtdruide
06-01-2008, 01:32 PM

It's nowhere near as gross as it sounds.

If you posted a video of two women shitting in each others mouths I'd be lessed grossed out than I am with this post.

Coach
06-01-2008, 01:35 PM
When I was a kid I thought milk and Pepsi together was delicious.Who was your mom? Shirley Fini or Laverne DeFazzio?

It is good though.

Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, Bacon, and Cream Cheese Sammich....yummy!!

weekapaugjz
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM

FAG! (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66597)

BoondockSaint
06-01-2008, 02:38 PM
FAG! (http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66597)

HAHAHAHAHAAHA! FACE!

EddieMoscone
06-01-2008, 02:43 PM
boiled ramen noodles
shredded cheddar cheese
ranch dressing

cheesy ranch noodles

Mine is "Ramen Italiano". I invented it in college:

uncooked ramen noodles, crumbled into a bowl and slathered with cold spaghetti sauce out of a jar.

That is what being drunk and stoned at the same time does to you.

sailor
06-01-2008, 02:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAHA! FACE!

qft! nice one weeka!

Friday
06-01-2008, 05:17 PM
we used to make little sammiches made out of doritos, tostitos, potato chips, ketchup and mustart on white bread after taking part in many, many illegal substances.

sooooo delicious then.

perhaps not so much now.

Devo37
06-01-2008, 05:26 PM
chicken cutlets in a pan with a whole bottle of kraft barbecue sauce and lots (and i mean LOTS) of garlic powder. served over rice.

like many here, it was a college thing.

Section 8
06-01-2008, 06:05 PM
At home recipes:

Peanut Butter and Sour Cream 'n' Onion Potato Chip Sandwich

Cream Cheese on Graham Crackers

Tuna/Turkey/Horseradish Sauce salad with celery and pickles

Rotisserie Phoenix (Chicken basted in Syrup of Ipecac, it was done as a gag)

From my McDonald's days:

Super Mac (Big Macs made with Quarter pounder patties and buns).

BBQ Big Mac (same as a Big Mac, only McRib sauce intead of Special Sauce)

BBQ Double Quarter Pounder (again using the McRib sauce)

Fried apple pie ala mode with caramel and crushed peanuts

Chigworthy
06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Lot of McDonald's employees around here.

Dougie Brootal
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Sloppy José

taco meat mixed with diced tomatoes onions and peppers piled on sloppy joe bun topped with tequila jalapenó sauce from the local homemade bbq joint a little mexican cheese and a little franks red hot.

Slumbag
06-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Peanut butter hot dog. SO delicious. My dad would eat em', and I was always telling him how sick it was. Had one at thirteen, and LOVED it. I still can't get any of my friends to even try it.

Heather 8
06-02-2008, 08:43 AM
At home recipes:

Peanut Butter and Sour Cream 'n' Onion Potato Chip Sandwich

You lost me at the sour cream and onion flavoring. I'll happily accept regular or honey BBQ chips instead.

ANC
06-02-2008, 08:49 AM
When I was a short order cook, I put Bacon and Cream Cheese on a Sesame Bagel. Fantastic!

DolaMight
06-02-2008, 08:53 AM
If one innovated a meal comprised of various pre-existing items is it really an invention?

Alexander Graham Bell, Leonardo da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, McMuffin guy? Doesn't sound right.

Heather 8
06-02-2008, 09:08 AM
When I was a short order cook, I put Bacon and Cream Cheese on a Sesame Bagel. Fantastic!

You, sir, are a Real Man of Genius!

ANC
06-02-2008, 09:10 AM
You, sir, are a Real Man of Genius!

:smile: Not a genius just a victim of the beer munchies... I highly suggest you give it a try.

MojoTeddybear
06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Fry up some shredded potatoes...add whatever is handy in fridge (ham, hot dog, bacon, bologna. or steak cut into small pieces)....then add scrambled eggs. Cook to wet or dry consistency. I like it slightly wet. For variation you can add swiss cheese or mozzarella. American cheese works too.

Devo37
06-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Fry up some shredded potatoes...add whatever is handy in fridge (ham, hot dog, bacon, bologna. or steak cut into small pieces)....then add scrambled eggs. Cook to wet or dry consistency. I like it slightly wet. For variation you can add swiss cheese or mozzarella. American cheese works too.

don't they serve this in some diners? i could swear i've seen this on guy fiere's show.

Heather 8
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
don't they serve this in some diners? i could swear i've seen this on guy fiere's show.

I've made a variation of that for years (my version includes toasting pieces of potato bread in the pan instead of using potatoes, with a little milk added). We called it "breakfast hash."

Devo37
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
has anyone ever considered a ronfez.net cookbook? some of the ideas in this thread seem a bit gross, but some sound great. also, the "what's for dinner" thread has given me some great suggestions for getting back into cooking, instead of relying on take-out and quick-fix cooking that i find myself eating way too often.

PapaBear
06-02-2008, 06:43 PM
has anyone ever considered a ronfez.net cookbook? some of the ideas in this thread seem a bit gross, but some sound great. also, the "what's for dinner" thread has given me some great suggestions for getting back into cooking, instead of relying on take-out and quick-fix cooking that i find myself eating way too often.

It's not a book, but it is a THREAD (http://ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17550&highlight=recipe).

Devo37
06-02-2008, 06:48 PM
It's not a book, but it is a THREAD (http://ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17550&highlight=recipe).

thanks, tub! can't wait to give some of these a try. i might even print out the thread in a limited-edition (1 copy only) hard-back, which i will then sign.

PapaBear
06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
thanks, tub! can't wait to give some of these a try. i might even print out the thread in a limited-edition (1 copy only) hard-back, which i will then sign.
I'm Hottub, now?:wacko:

Dougie Brootal
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM

you wish!:tongue:

Devo37
06-02-2008, 07:22 PM

oops! apologies. not sure how i f#cked that up.

ATTENTION ALL: PapaBear is my new hero. Hottub can go sh!t in his hat.

Reynolds
06-03-2008, 02:05 AM

Well la di da

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jZy4ZFgS8o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jZy4ZFgS8o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MojoTeddybear
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM

Dunno never watched that show...but there is an Italian dish called a frittata (I think) where you bake it after adding the eggs. There's also a scambled egg and pasta dish.

drusilla
06-06-2008, 09:40 AM
chicken salad on white toast with shredded carrots & ice burg lettuce.

i can't take full credit though because it's a much edited version of a chicken salad sandwich i ordered at the nature's way cafe in jupiter florida

Thebazile78
06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm currently going through a phase where I'm reverse-engineering things I enjoy purchasing elsewhere...like Starbucks's "Fiesta Salad" which is a black beans, roasted corn and salsa all mixed together, topped with a wedge of lime and a slice of avocado.

I made it with a large can of black beans, frozen corn kernels, canned tomatoes, cumin, chili powder and a chopped chipotle pepper. And I added sliced grilled chicken.

Matt ate it. This must mean it turned out well.

I also shared the recipe with my mother.

And, of course, there's my "Thanksgiving casserole" that I came up with one night on my way home from the gym. (I can leave that one in the recipe thread if anybody wants it. It's super-easy and pretty quick.)

ahhdurr
06-06-2008, 11:52 AM
take a regular american cheese sandwich and fry it up in a pan in butter.

Genius. If you don't mind me taking first crack at a name I'm going to go with:

The Warmed Cheese Delight.

At a time when there was little to no money, the Mac and Cheese, plus broccoli plus tuna combo was pretty fantastic. Just keep saying "this is kind of healthy"

dudeabides
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Last night I crumbled up some chips ahoy in my cheerios. It can only be improved by a different choice of cereal.

lleeder
06-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I worked at a catering hall and sometimes the owner would make a staff breakfast. One time he made bacon, egg, cheese potatoes and pasta all mixed together. I ate it but few others enjoyed it.

mildly amusing
06-07-2008, 01:49 PM
the french toast egg wrap....basically, it's a scrambled egg burrito that gets pressed in a buttered frying pan and then rolled around in cinnamon sugar...

sailor
06-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Genius. If you don't mind me taking first crack at a name I'm going to go with:

The Warmed Cheese Delight.

At a time when there was little to no money, the Mac and Cheese, plus broccoli plus tuna combo was pretty fantastic. Just keep saying "this is kind of healthy"

we do that with m-n-c, tuna and peas.