You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
one year ago today... [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : one year ago today...

The_Showstopper
06-24-2008, 11:57 PM
One year ago today arguably the biggest story/tragedy in Pro Wrestling history occured when it was discovered that Chris Benoit had killed his wife Nancy, son Daniel, and then himself. I still cant believe it has been one full year as everything still seems so recient. Even one year later I still cant bring myself to watch a Benoit match its just to disturbing for me to see after what happened. this was a disgusting and tragic event and the wrestling industry took a major Public relations hit, Coming under fire from every television pundit and journalist some of the reporting was somewhat respectable but most of it was sensationalistic nonsence from so called reporters (Nancy Grace Im looking in your direction). The WWE distanced them self from Benoit in every way, History was virtually erased concerning him and what would have been a sure fire hall of fame career is now taboo and all but erased and rightfully so its a small pennance for the horror's he commited. While this was a tremendously sad tragedy, I think some good came out of it with the stricter wellness policy and drug testing the WWE has done in the last year. It still seems so impossible that this tragedy even happened and I hope I never ever have to hear about a story like this one again. I think we all can agree on that.

This is just my way of expressing my fealings on this event, So please share your thoughts if you'd like. Thanks

TiknoZero
07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Holy shit, it HAS been a year huh? Wow.

Yeah I was just talking to an indie wrestler in Jersey the other night about this. I still have trouble looking at pics of Benoit to this day. It just kinda freaks me out.

RF Godfather
07-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Holy shit, it HAS been a year huh? Wow.

Yeah I was just talking to an indie wrestler in Jersey the other night about this. I still have trouble looking at pics of Benoit to this day. It just kinda freaks me out.i didn't even realize it was a year already.

Benoit was my all-time favorite but now, I like many can't stand the sight of him. :(

Fallon
07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Definitely the worst thing to ever happen in wrestling. It's incredibly hard to look back at his classic matches and not picture him doing that to his family.