You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE Draft [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE Draft

cougarjake13
06-19-2008, 10:20 AM
some predictions

batista to raw

cm punk to smackdown

what show is big show officially with ??? either way he's going to ecw

Chimee
06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
some predictions

batista to raw

cm punk to smackdown

what show is big show officially with ??? either way he's going to ecw

Moving CM Punk to Smackdown would accomplish nothing since ECW and Smackdown are pretty much the same show for now.

And Big Show is officially on Smackdown.

cougarjake13
06-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Moving CM Punk to Smackdown would accomplish nothing since ECW and Smackdown are pretty much the same show for now.

And Big Show is officially on Smackdown.

true but everyone cant move to raw

foodcourtdruide
06-19-2008, 10:48 AM
My predictions:

CM Punk to Raw
Carlito to ECW
Kennedy to ECW
Murdoch to Smackdown
Jeff Hardy to ECW
Finlay to Raw
Burke to Smackdown
Khali to Raw
Cena to Smackdown

King Imp
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
true but everyone cant move to raw

No, but they can move people from RAW to Smackdown/ECW.

Like I said earlier, it will make absolutely no sense for them to move anyone from Smackdown to ECW or vice versa since it is technically the same show these days. That said, the geniuses in the WWE will undoubtedly do just that.

cougarjake13
06-19-2008, 12:19 PM
No, but they can move people from RAW to Smackdown/ECW.

Like I said earlier, it will make absolutely no sense for them to move anyone from Smackdown to ECW or vice versa since it is technically the same show these days. That said, the geniuses in the WWE will undoubtedly do just that.

yeh it makes no sense but you're not gonna have a draft where people only go to or from raw/ smackdown

i guess you could do only a ecw move to raw like punk or something

we'll have to see

MagillaGorillaz
06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I think either Deuce or Domino will be going to Raw. Probably Deuce.

Chimee
06-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I think both of them will be wished the best of luck in all future endeavors by the end of the year.

MagillaGorillaz
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I think both of them will be wished the best of luck in all future endeavors by the end of the year.

:laugh:

conman823
06-19-2008, 06:18 PM
RAW is way too crowded.

I've been saying it since his return JBL should have gone back to Smackdown. Also I think Micheals or one of the older guys needs to go to Smackdown also.

The dirt sheets said a LOT of wrestlers went around asking to be on Smackdown just to get away from HHH, Cena and Orton. Should be good for awhile anyway.

I hope Edge and Taker stay on Smackdown, someone needs to step up and own that show and Edge should be that guy.

SpicyMcHaggis
06-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Not that any of these picks matter anyways because it seems all wrestlers are on every brand anyways.

Shane McMahon for RAW GM, anyone?

Chimee
06-23-2008, 04:14 PM
WWE Draft is on.

So far Rey Mysterio has been drafted to RAW.

Chimee
06-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Jeff Hardy has been drafted to Smackdown

Chimee
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
CM Punk has been drafted to RAW.

It's about damn time they took him off of ECW.

Kevin
06-23-2008, 04:50 PM
WWE draft= shit on the other brands.

foodcourtdruide
06-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Matt Hardy to ECW. I like it. This has been a really good show so far. I'm waiting for them to slam on the breaks with a woman's match.

Fallon
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Matt Hardy to ECW. I like it. This has been a really good show so far. I'm waiting for them to slam on the breaks with a woman's match.

Not only a womens match, but the draft pick is for announcers.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1708/wetskd26be70762yq4.jpg

Chimee
06-23-2008, 05:40 PM
And JR gets drafted to Smackdown and Michael Cole goes to RAW.

That's a pile of shit.

JR looked pissed, too.

Fallon
06-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah he did.

I hate Cole.

Chimee
06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
JR and Foley could be a good team, but I'd rather see them on RAW.

Kevin
06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
JR and Foley could be a good team, but I'd rather see them on RAW.

Yea, King and Cole are going to be AWFUL.

BoondockSaint
06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Yea, King and Cole are going to be AWFUL.

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin
06-23-2008, 05:52 PM
PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOO!

Kevin
06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Way to make it Obvious.. As soon as Batista was in the ring when the 'draft' happand, i knew it was him.

cougarjake13
06-23-2008, 06:09 PM
yeh just like matt hardy and the king possibly working with foley

about the only surprise was prob rey mysterio

BoondockSaint
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
The Bloods are gonna be pissed.

Chimee
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Holy shit, they drafted Triple H. I wonder if he'll just be traded back like the last time he was drafted.

Kevin
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Will there be another 'trade' for Tripple H?

Edit: Got beat to it..

King Imp
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
What the fuck was that ending all about? Once again King Ego thinks that the show is meant to revolve around him and it isn't allowed to go on unless he is part of some stupid angle. Earth to Vince, people don't give a shit about seeing you on TV involved in angles!
I really was hoping the set falling apart was leading to an Undertaker return to RAW. No, instead we get that crap.

I have to say I was very surprised at the Punk, JR, and HHH drafts. I'm betting that they do another stupid trade for HHH like they did some years back. I just can't see him staying on that crappy show when he has as much pull as he does.

I feel bad for Punk. He at least had a shot to win the belt back in ECW when he finally cashes in that MITB contract. There is no way he wins it on RAW. Hell, I'd be surprised if they even fit him into a title match before next year's Wrestlemania with Cena, Orton, & Batista around. What's he gonna do, cash it in for the crappy IC belt?

And why do they even involve ECW in these drafts? Every year they get like 1 or 2 picks total while RAW gets like 5 or 6. Oh, and don't even get me started on the Smackdown to ECW and vice versa drafts. Do they think people don't realize that it's the same fucking show now? :wallbash:

Oh, and with the millions of entries for this giveaway, could it be anymore fake that someone just happened to be in the audience when called and the camera was able to find them within seconds?

One bright spot, we finally got USAHD so it was really cool to see this in high def finally. Mickie looked absolutely incredible!

MagillaGorillaz
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
So much for following storylines. Kane was banished from a Raw a couple of years back in a Loser leaves Raw match vs. Umaga.

And last night Adamle made more of an ass of himself. "We have no one drafted to ECW yet" Tazz replies "Yeah we do Matt Hardy." Than he calls Umaga the Samoan bulldog at which point the other 5 announcers yell at him for that. That was classic.

Chimee
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Tazz was brilliant last night making fun of Adamle and how ECW had only 1 draft pick.

cougarjake13
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
2 things

are they gonna do the trips get drafted by smackdown only to be traded back to raw bullshit again ???

and are they doing the death of mcmahon gimmick again or is this just the way he gets out of doing the million dollar giveaway every week ??

hopefully they arent doing either of them

CruelCircus
06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
No comments on Melina breaking her ankle?

How about Natal....Natalyi.....The Anvil's Daughter beating the fuck out of her while she was laying injured on the ground? Am I the only one that got major douchechills from this?

I figured it was a work.
Why else would they have been ready to have 2 draft picks? Or did she just happen to get injured for real in a match slated for double-DQ?

And Natalyia was awful. That was the fakest beating since Tiwana Brawley.

CruelCircus
06-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Also, if the draft holds, NOC will be a little predictable.

They're not going to have 2 or 3 titles on Raw, so you pretty much know now that Kane will lose, and either Trips/Batista or Cena/Edge will win keeping a title on each show.

cougarjake13
06-24-2008, 03:44 PM

They're not going to have 2 or 3 titles on Raw, so you pretty much know now that Kane will lose, and either Trips/Batista or Cena/Edge will win keeping a title on each show.

oh yeh its obvious

unless they decide that since its so obvious they go the other way and let them jump around title wise for a while

Kevin
06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
oh yeh its obvious

unless they decide that since its so obvious they go the other way and let them jump around title wise for a while

I bet they are gunna do the gay, all title holders can go to any show anytime they want. And Trips will feud with Raw wrestler more.

cougarjake13
06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I bet they are gunna do the gay, all title holders can go to any show anytime they want. And Trips will feud with Raw wrestler more.

that would be uber gay

Chimee
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM

I think that the unpredictable part of it will be which title goes where at the end of the whole thing.

I wouldn't mind seeing the World Heavyweight Title go back to RAW.

I've also been seeing that the ECW tapings are going to be moved to Monday nights, so that could take care of the Kane thing. I really couldn't see Big Show being ECW champion again.

CruelCircus
06-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but how can you have your ECW Champion not actually be a part of ECW?

Chimee
06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
The Smackdown tag champions are on ECW, the US champion is on ECW and Kane was on Smackdown when he won the title.

The title situation is quite fucked up beyond the point that only two titles have any value.

CruelCircus
06-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I agree, but the ECW title is the only one that actually has the show/brand's name in the title. It's not the Raw Title or the Smackdown Championship.

Chimee
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
I agree, but the ECW title is the only one that actually has the show/brand's name in the title. It's not the Raw Title or the Smackdown Championship.

And RAW and Smackdown are wrestling over it.

CruelCircus
06-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Exactly.

TjM
06-25-2008, 07:44 AM
2 things

are they gonna do the trips get drafted by smackdown only to be traded back to raw bullshit again ???

and are they doing the death of mcmahon gimmick again or is this just the way he gets out of doing the million dollar giveaway every week ??

hopefully they arent doing either of them

The Trips thing is legit. I think they knew Smackdown needed a big star to bring in viewers

Kevin
06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
The Trips thing is legit. I think they knew Smackdown needed a big star to bring in viewers

The not live thing kills SD more than anything else.

King Imp
06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Results of the Supplemental Draft (http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/wwedraft2008/7505418/)

Looks like my prediciton of DH Smith being DiBiase Jr's mystery partner isn't happening now.

Chimee
06-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I think it's going to be Afa Jr.

conman823
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
From his Blog:
As many of you know, I was “drafted” to Smackdown Monday night in the “random lottery”. Obviously that means I will be leaving Monday Night Raw and my long time partner Jerry Lawler.

I am not happy about this surprise development.

I also contemplated calling it a career Monday night and not going to Houston to tape SD.
After speaking with my wife and thinking on this matter until 6 a.m. Tuesday morning, I have decided to do the right thing for the fans who care and the talent who care and begin my new assignment.
It has been explained to me that the WWE’s Smackdown tenure on My Network is a high priority within the corporation. Allegedly, my presence is needed in that effort.
Many are speculating about when I learned of this development…the same time those of you were watching at home. I should have detected something with the demeanor of certain individuals either thru their plastic, poker faces or the perceived smirk that I thought I might have seen on some of their faces during the day.
As far as going to Connecticut each week to do Smackdown post production, that’s not going to happen. Either Mick Foley can handle it or the WWE can install a DSL line in my home to facilitate the work.
I will miss working with the King as the wrestling biz is one in which a guy can count his legit friends on one hand…even after a 30 plus year career. King has been like a brother to me….albeit an “older brother”. We will remain friends no matter that our team has been corporately imploded.
I believe that I have been strongly loyal to the WWE no matter the hands that were dealt to me over the years. In my tenure there I have earned a good living of which I am thankful. I will fulfill my commitments that I have made because unlike many in the business, my word is still my bond.
I can’t predict how long my Smackdown tenure will be, but I can promise that no matter how long or short it is that I will do my utmost best while sitting at ringside. I am not the kind of man who will “phone in” a damn thing.
My sincere thanks to all of you who have supported me on RAW over the years. I hope I was able to provide you a memory or two. Hopefully, we can create new memories now on Smackdown.
Based on my professional experiences, I look at each broadcast as potentially my last, which helps keep me motivated. So with that said we begin another chapter in my crazy life in the unpredictable world of ‘rasslin.
I still plan on attending RAW in my home market of OKC next Monday and I hear that tickets are still available. Any one have any extras?
Boomer Sooner!
J.R.

Seemed like he was shocked at the show but I assumed he was just playing it up.

I don't think they need to switch announcers, I think they need new blood at the tables for both shows. Foley was a good addition, but where is the "Heel Announcer"?

Chimee
06-25-2008, 08:55 PM
From his Blog:

I don't think they need to switch announcers, I think they need new blood at the tables for both shows. Foley was a good addition, but where is the "Heel Announcer"?

judging by the look on his face when he saw it, he didn't know

RingWraith
06-25-2008, 09:16 PM
From his Blog:

The good ol' days when the color commentator was usually a heel. I miss those days. I used to like Jerry Lawler when he was the heel announcer.
But by far, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was the greatest heel announcer in my book.

MIKEYDAKEN
06-25-2008, 09:43 PM
HHH will retain the awful looking wwe title and cena will make a new bastardized version whc and if this does happen i'm gonna send vince a letter saying that he just lost a 23 year viewer because of it

Heather 8
06-26-2008, 03:39 AM
i'm gonna send vince a letter saying that he just lost a 23 year viewer because of it

Trust me, he doesn't give a shit.

RF Godfather
06-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Only thing I enjoyed about the whole "event" was Vince getting crushed. And ECW got literally tablescraps in this "draft."

CruelCircus
06-29-2008, 07:58 PM

Well, I can admit when I'm wrong.

Though I got the Kane thing right...