You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
WWE Night Of Champions Thread [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : WWE Night Of Champions Thread

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Talk about it all HERE.

CARD:

1. WWE Champion Triple H vs. John Cena (WWE Championship Match)
2. World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs Batista (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
3. ECW Champion Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat ECW Championship Match)
4. World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase & ??? (World Tag Team Championship Match)
5. WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
6. United States Champion Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero (United States Championship Match)
7. Women's Champion Mickie James vs. Katie Lea Burchill (Women's Championship Match)

============

Question is the PPV game thing still going on?

Kevin
06-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Talk about it all HERE.

CARD:

2. World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs Batista (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
3. ECW Champion Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Triple Threat ECW Championship Match)
4. World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase & ??? (World Tag Team Championship Match)
5. WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
6. United States Champion Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero (United States Championship Match)
7. Women's Champion Mickie James vs. Katie Lea Burchill (Women's Championship Match)

============

No.. When Fallon saw that he needed to do a little work with it when the site crapped out. He decided to give up on it..

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 11:50 AM
No.. When Fallon saw that he needed to do a little work with it when the site crapped out. He decided to give up on it..Ahhh that's why.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin budday! :)

Kevin
06-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Ahhh that's why.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin budday! :)

Notta problemo. Some still post their predictions here and stuff, but it does not get counted or anything.

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Besides the many possible title changes here, I wonder about Ted Dibaise Jr.'s tag team partner. Could be the one and only Million Dollar Man? Or maybe the son of Curt Hennig who he has teamed with prior?

Anyone sense a new faction brewing? We have Randy, DH Smith/Bulldog's kid and now Ted Dibaise Jr. Could Black Reign be a-brewing? ;)

cougarjake13
06-29-2008, 11:58 AM
well we still have la familia other than that i dont see any new ones forming

maybe those young guns you spoke of

prob gonna be hennings kid with dibiase jr

cougarjake13
06-29-2008, 12:00 PM

nope and for the second time the game goes away without no one ever defeating me for the rfw heavyweight title

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Just for the heck of it... my picks in BOLD. I still don't know after the drafts if they would allow the World Titles switching brands.

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 12:03 PM
well we still have la familia other than that i dont see any new ones forming

maybe those young guns you spoke of

prob gonna be hennings kid with dibiase jrAnd I overlooked Cody.

I heard Hennig's kid is great, can't wait to see him. That also means I have to fix up the roster for the Fighters App on Facebook.

cougarjake13
06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Just for the heck of it... my picks in BOLD. I still don't know after the drafts if they would allow the World Titles switching brands.

well it could go either way

trips could retain and batista could win having the titles switch brands but each brand still has one

or

you could have cena win keeping that title on raw with edge retaining keeping that title on sd!

i cant imagine them having one show get both titles whether it be raw or sd!

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 12:05 PM
nope and for the second time the game goes away without no one ever defeating me for the rfw heavyweight titleCongrats cj! :)

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 12:08 PM
well it could go either way

trips could retain and batista could win having the titles switch brands but each brand still has one

or

you could have cena win keeping that title on raw with edge retaining keeping that title on sd!

i cant imagine them having one show get both titles whether it be raw or sd!I doubt they would ever have 2 titles on one show maybe for a month perhaps. Could it be a Unification Title Match in the future? Nah probably not.

I wonder if Trips move to SmackDown is to help their floundering ratings.

==========
PS: Is "Tazz" and "Hosp" still around posting? That goes back to my Old Schooler RF.net peeps.

Chimee
06-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd say RAW is in more need of a ratings boost than Smackdown. I think the whole Triple H move was so they could look like a legitimate brand when they switch networks.

cougarjake13
06-29-2008, 12:44 PM
I'd say RAW is in more need of a ratings boost than Smackdown. I think the whole Triple H move was so they could look like a legitimate brand when they switch networks.

i was listening to or reading an interview where jr said he thought of quiting but decided to sleep on it and didnt

and he mentioned the the switch of networks as one reason for trips moving over

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd say RAW is in more need of a ratings boost than Smackdown. I think the whole Triple H move was so they could look like a legitimate brand when they switch networks.Hmmm... that's debatable. Also Smackdown is moving back to UPN9 here in NY, maybe they wanted another trademark name on that roster to sell?

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 12:55 PM
i was listening to or reading an interview where jr said he thought of quiting but decided to sleep on it and didnt

and he mentioned the the switch of networks as one reason for trips moving overYou mean SmackDown or RAW?

cougarjake13
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
You mean SmackDown or RAW?

for jr and trips going to sd!

RF Godfather
06-29-2008, 02:00 PM
I heard that IRS/Rotunda has a son wrestling somewhere, wouldn't that be something to have a Money Inc. Version 2008 around or thinking along money bloodlines... why not "here comes the money" Shane-O MAC!!!! Hahaa!!!

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/01/shaneman.jpg

Tenbatsuzen
06-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice to see RF Mark posting here again. What's wrong Mark, got annoyed with all the posts of nothing but emoticons on the celebrity forums? heheheheh

Fallon
06-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Carlito wins US title in first match, IC title in first Raw match, Santino wins IC title in first match, Kofi wins IC title in first Raw match.

Recycle much?

"Hey! you talk different, here's a belt"

CruelCircus
06-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a "Diva Championship" match?

King Imp
06-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I just read the results.

I did call Cody turning on Holly, but I didn't expect it to go down that way. I thought he would turn after losing the belts to DiBiase Jr. and his partner.

I never thought I'd say this, but with HHH and Edge both retaining their titles and both being on Smackdown, it wouldn't surprise me to see that show get higher ratings than RAW now. That said, they will probably have some dumb Fatal Fourway match at the next PPV between Batista, Cena, Edge, & HHH and either Batista or Cena will win and bring one of the belts to RAW.

SpicyMcHaggis
06-30-2008, 03:51 AM
I think this is a prime opportunity to return the Undisputed Championship back to the brands but I don't think Creative has enough juice in them to really care enough to balance storylines for one title on three brands (and yes that would mean the ECW brand being merged with another brand because at this point it is far from saving).

But if it were me, this is how I'd do it:

Vince McMahon who has had a near death experience is now thinking in a different light and wants to take more bold steps with the WWE because he feels his time is running short and that he's got to really make an impact before he goes. So he decides to reinstate the WWE Undisputed Championship. This title will merge all three brand championships into the new title. The new champion will be decided in an Elimination Chamber match with the three champions and their respective number one contenders.

This leaves Triple H, Edge, Mark Henry, John Cena, Batista, and Big Show all facing each other at Great American Bash. I would have Edge win and be awarded the WWE Championship (which it is then referred to as because the holder will be champion of all the WWE brands) on Raw the next night. This belt would be the WWE Title after it was relocated to Smackdown and before it became the blinged out atrocity it has become today.

Now, with all three titles merged into one, where does that leave a spot for the top man on their respective brand? The mid-card titles now become the top titles for their brands. The Intercontinental Championship for RAW, the United States Championship for Smackdown, and the re-instated Hardcore Championship for ECW (which is always contested under Extreme Rules or gimmicked matches that involve no DQ's).

As far as number one contenders for the WWE Title and how will each person feud for that title? I would basically mix around the brand focus for who wants to be WWE Champion. Certain amounts of time would have a RAW contender being the main focus, then it would shift to Smackdown, then ECW, perhaps some cross branding feuds between contenders (and only contenders, not people vs people on different brands for the sake of filling in matches, so as to give more brand importance).

I would then apply this same method to the WWE Tag Team Championship. Since there aren't enough tag teams to contest both titles against, I would start a feud between the two sets of Tag Team Champions. In this case it's brash young second generation Superstars (DiBiase and Rhodes, aka The Next Generation) who feel their entitled to such arrogance against celebrity wannabes who believe they are better than everyone no matter who they came from (Miz and Morrison, aka The A-List). Each wants to go down as the best tag team.

At the Great American Bash, both teams have to defend their titles. In a backstage encounter, the feud begins with a few verbal spats followed by a sneak attack and a separation. The next night on Raw, Next Generation is distracted in their non-title match against another tag team and loses because of the A-List. The Next Generation follows suit on the next Smackdown. It builds up to the next PPV where it is announced that the two teams will meet and find out who the best tag team is by competing in a title for title match where the winner emerges the new WWE Tag Team Champions (with new belts based off the old WWF design minus the word "WORLD" across it). The new champions (who I would make Next Generation) would be allowed to wrestle on each brand, like the new WWE Champion does, defending the title against any and all tag teams that are created whether they are two superstars put together for a team or an actual set tag team.

I believe this will give something that has been lacking in each title, and that's purpose. Of course, this will never ever happen.

RF Godfather
06-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Nice to see RF Mark posting here again. What's wrong Mark, got annoyed with all the posts of nothing but emoticons on the celebrity forums? hehehehehThat could be a reason. Hey Ten, nice to hear from you as well. Where are "Tazz" and "Hosp"?

RF Godfather
06-30-2008, 08:53 AM
With a possibility of an Undisputed Title returning, I wanted to see a RAW Invasion similar to the ECW/WCW Invasion/Alliance angle. Maybe Batista or Cena will take one of the titles and it could start some interesting battles that have yet to happen. Thoughts?

Also I like what I see with Mr. Priceless and Cody... finally something good from Cody. Who cares about Hardcore anyway.

Freitag
06-30-2008, 09:10 AM
That could be a reason. Hey Ten, nice to hear from you as well. Where are "Tazz" and "Hosp"?

hahahahahhahahahaha... seriously, as someone who hates smiley icons, I need to find a way to ignore all replies on those forums.

Tazz posts here intermittently. He done got himself a wife and a job and doesn't listen that much to R&F anymore.

Hosp also posts here intermittently, but he's too busy in his Russian Submarine.

RF Godfather
06-30-2008, 09:49 AM
hahahahahhahahahaha... seriously, as someone who hates smiley icons, I need to find a way to ignore all replies on those forums.

Tazz posts here intermittently. He done got himself a wife and a job and doesn't listen that much to R&F anymore.

Hosp also posts here intermittently, but he's too busy in his Russian Submarine.Nice to meet you Freitag and thanks for the info.

1. Wow, did Tazz marry a board member?
2. Is he really in a sub?

King Imp
06-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Now, with all three titles merged into one, where does that leave a spot for the top man on their respective brand? The mid-card titles now become the top titles for their brands. The Intercontinental Championship for RAW, the United States Championship for Smackdown, and the re-instated Hardcore Championship for ECW (which is always contested under Extreme Rules or gimmicked matches that involve no DQ's).

As far as number one contenders for the WWE Title and how will each person feud for that title? I would basically mix around the brand focus for who wants to be WWE Champion. Certain amounts of time would have a RAW contender being the main focus, then it would shift to Smackdown, then ECW, perhaps some cross branding feuds between contenders (and only contenders, not people vs people on different brands for the sake of filling in matches, so as to give more brand importance).

While I like your whole idea a lot (which means the morons there won't ever think of it), the only problem I have is the part I quoted.

You say the top guys on each brand would contend for the IC, U.S., & Hardcore belts respectfully. Well, wouldn't that technically make them the top contenders for the main title always? I mean, why would say John Cena while holding the IC belt ever wrestle someone else for that belt instead of going after the top prize? Why would someone like say Kane get a shot at the World title if Cena was the top guy while holding the IC belt?

That's the only part that would trip me up in this proposal.

Freitag
06-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Nice to meet you Freitag and thanks for the info.

1. Wow, did Tazz marry a board member?
2. Is he really in a sub?

Oh, no... Mark doesn't know. Someone help the brother out.

Fallon
06-30-2008, 01:06 PM

Hosp joined the Navy.

Knowledged_one
06-30-2008, 01:09 PM

Freitag wears the skin of Tenbats during the day as Tenbats recovers in his crypt only to venture forth during the evenings when the sun is down

cougarjake13
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
cant believe they keep 2 titles on one show

wonder how long that'll last

Fallon
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
cant believe they keep 2 titles on one show

wonder how long that'll last

I hope they do a title change on RAW, never seems to happen anymore.

cougarjake13
06-30-2008, 02:20 PM

meaning trips or edge shows up on raw and loses ??

or they create a new title

SpicyMcHaggis
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
While I like your whole idea a lot (which means the morons there won't ever think of it), the only problem I have is the part I quoted.

You say the top guys on each brand would contend for the IC, U.S., & Hardcore belts respectfully. Well, wouldn't that technically make them the top contenders for the main title always? I mean, why would say John Cena while holding the IC belt ever wrestle someone else for that belt instead of going after the top prize? Why would someone like say Kane get a shot at the World title if Cena was the top guy while holding the IC belt?

That's the only part that would trip me up in this proposal.

My explanation for that being that mid-carders use those top brand titles to elevate themselves into main event status so that when they do want to contend for a title it will be the WWE Championship. You already have your permanent main eventers like HBK, Triple H, John Cena, Batista, Undertaker, Edge, Kane, Chris Jericho and Big Show who will always have that status of main event where the only title you know they're going to pursue is the WWE Championship.

Now take a guy like say Matt Hardy with the US title. You've got him successfully defending his title in matches that people enjoy and notice and are meaningful. When he loses the title, he can pursue it to regain status or take that momentum and shift it towards a main event push. The trick is to have it prolonged and in enough time to keep people interested but not holding back and waiting to light the cannon for the push too late.

Tenbatsuzen
06-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Hosp joined the Navy.

Because he loves seamen?

MagillaGorillaz
06-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Has everyone forgot about C.M Punk? He has the money in the bank breifcase. If I was Vince, I would play the angle until Summer Slam. Punk has a good reaction with the crowd. It would be huge everyone gunning for the breifcase some sort match at the Bash where he beats Cena, Batista, Mysterio and Kane to retain the breifcase. And than at Summer Slam he decides he wants to face Triple H.

But in reaility, the breifcase will probably wind up in Cena's hands tonight with him going up against Edge at the Bash.

cougarjake13
06-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Has everyone forgot about C.M Punk? He has the money in the bank breifcase. If I was Vince, I would play the angle until Summer Slam. Punk has a good reaction with the crowd. It would be huge everyone gunning for the breifcase some sort match at the Bash where he beats Cena, Batista, Mysterio and Kane to retain the breifcase. And than at Summer Slam he decides he wants to face Triple H.

But in reaility, the breifcase will probably wind up in Cena's hands tonight with him going up against Edge at the Bash.

thats possible

i also feel that punk will be the 1st MITB holder to lose the title match whenever he declares for one , if they let him keep it

RF Godfather
06-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Hosp joined the Navy.Wow, that's cool. Hope he's doing well.

cougarjake13
06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow, that's cool. Hope he's doing well.

he's sailing the seas of cheese

cougarjake13
06-30-2008, 05:24 PM

you got your wish

Fallon
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
you got your wish

I rule.

RF Godfather
07-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I rule.Sometimes. ;)