You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
New Lawsuit Against WWE [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : New Lawsuit Against WWE

SpicyMcHaggis
08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Raven (a/k/a Scott Levy) is among a group of former WWE wrestlers who have filed a lawsuit against the company over being classified as independent contractors. "On July 24, 2008, we were served with a summons from three of our former talent purporting to be on behalf of themselves and a class of similarly situated persons," reads an item in WWE's shareholder report. The lawsuit alleges breach of contract and unjust enrichment arising from our treating them as independent contractors rather than employees, which the plaintiffs allege is an erroneous classification.

"We have not formally responded to the suit but intend to deny any liability for claims asserted against us and to defend vigorously against the suit." To read the full quarterly dividend disclosure, click here. [Thanks to WrestlingHerald.com and F4Wonline.com]

This will be a very interesting case to follow if it's not settled out of court. There have been many a debate as to whether talent should be treated as employees or independent contractors. I'm wondering if the case will be brought against TNA as well, which would be devastating for them financially. If the WWE loses the case, this will definitely change the way they run business.

Tenbatsuzen
08-09-2008, 10:28 AM
This will be a very interesting case to follow if it's not settled out of court. There have been many a debate as to whether talent should be treated as employees or independent contractors. I'm wondering if the case will be brought against TNA as well, which would be devastating for them financially. If the WWE loses the case, this will definitely change the way they run business.

I forget; what was the advantage that the WWE had classifying them as contractors rather than employees? Was it a health care thing? A tax thing?

MIKEYDAKEN
08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I think thats how they keep the wrestlers from being unionized. I could be wrong though just a guess

Sue_Bender
08-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I think thats how they keep the wrestlers from being unionized. I could be wrong though just a guess

I believe that you're correct, Mr. Man.

ToddEVF
08-09-2008, 07:24 PM

I do not believe TNA will be hit with this mostly because they do employ independent contractors who work on a pay per appearance deal

epo
08-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm not a lawyer by any means, but wouldn't a pro-wrestler decision change the game tremendously?

Let's face it, Vince is able to control the market as the only game in town. No health insurance, no 401K, no vacation time....it's all up to him.

If wrestlers however were "employees", he would have to standardize things, offer benefits and be subject to Labor & OSHA laws.

This is a big deal.

MIKEYDAKEN
08-09-2008, 11:46 PM
does this mean that raven is like the ceaser chavez of wrestling?

Philly Franko
08-09-2008, 11:49 PM
for World Retard Federation...try Mixed Martial Arts for real Action,,,Is sam Gay, and does he wear wrestling Tights to Bed? Inquring Minds want to Know...Ron B RULES !!!!:clap::thumbup:

Reynolds
08-09-2008, 11:55 PM
for World Retard Federation...try Mixed Martial Arts for real Action,,,Is sam Gay, and does he wear wrestling Tights to Bed? Inquring Minds want to Know...Ron B RULES !!!!:clap::thumbup:

Good stuff.

MIKEYDAKEN
08-09-2008, 11:55 PM

no, somtimes,yes and yes also ron does rule. oh by the way your a cunt die of ass cancer.:thumbup:

Sue_Bender
08-10-2008, 12:08 AM

Grumpy, grumpy boy.

Are there cum stains on your baby diapers?

"Real" doesn't always bring "Real Action".

Usually, it has the opposite effect.

SpicyMcHaggis
08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Here's a good link (http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?Path=T1,0003&MaxListings=) to Eric Bischoff's view of what the consequences could be on the matter. It's a good read.

cougarjake13
08-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Here's a good link (http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?Path=T1,0003&MaxListings=) to Eric Bischoff's view of what the consequences could be on the matter. It's a good read.

very good read

thanks spicy