You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Question about pot from a drug virgin [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Question about pot from a drug virgin

debit
08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Lately I've become extremely stressed at work and I can't turn my brain off at night. I'm losing sleep and weight. I've never smoked anything before so I was thinking about pot brownies.

Any advice?

Snoogans
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Lately I've become extremely stressed at work and I can't turn my brain off at night. I'm losing sleep and weight. I've never smoked anything before so I was thinking about pot brownies.

Any advice?

from a person who smokes lets just say occasionally, BAD IDEA. NEVER go to any shit like that to help with stress or being upset or anything. Thats bad news.

As far as sleeping, it will help you sleep, esp at first when you are still gettin super fucked up, but after awhile, its not really gonna make you sleep that much at night, usually only during the day that happens. Also, once you stop smoking, its even harder to fall asleep.

If you are ever curious about how it would feel to be all fucked up on weed, then smoke. But thats the only reason you should.

BlackSpider
08-17-2008, 06:28 PM
People react differently.
I smoked daily, for over half my life, and had to quit a while ago for work reasons.
Pot always relaxed me, and calmed me down a little.
I always found it to a nice way to end the work day.
I wouldn't recomend the brownies though, especially for a first-timer.
It's actually more potent in the brownie form because you're getting more THC.
When you smoke it, a lot of it gets burned off.
Some people get paranoid, but for me, I always felt that alcohol was worse.
I could smoke all day, and drive better than if I had a couple beers...

Snoogans
08-17-2008, 06:34 PM
People react differently.
I smoked daily, for over half my life, and had to quit a while ago for work reasons.
Pot always relaxed me, and calmed me down a little.
I always found it to a nice way to end the work day.
I wouldn't recomend the brownies though, especially for a first-timer.
It's actually more potent in the brownie form because you're getting more THC.
When you smoke it, a lot of it gets burned off.
Some people get paranoid, but for me, I always felt that alcohol was worse.
I could smoke all day, and drive better than if I had a couple beers...

but how much does it rule to smoke and have a couple beers. Thats the best

Oilfield Canuck #3
08-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't recommend any substance for stress relief, that's treating the symptoms and not the cause. Pot calms me down a lot and does make me sleepy. But I do it for fun, not as a coping mechanism.

I would say if you are stressed out and can't avoid the stress, then maybe some kind of intense physical exercise would probably help with both these problems. Mind you working out and pot seem to go well together as well. I find mountain biking or dirt biking high to be enjoyable, but I would never recommend that to anybody, if your not used to it your concentration may suffer.

If you're looking to smoke pot though just to get high then smoke away my friend. For some reason I think you are in Calgary?, if so I might know some people that know some people. :smoke:

midwestjeff
08-17-2008, 06:40 PM
from a person who smokes lets just say occasionally, BAD IDEA. NEVER go to any shit like that to help with stress or being upset or anything. Thats bad news.

Exactly.

but how much does it rule to smoke and have a couple beers. Thats the best

Exactly.

Snoogans is a smart motherfucker.

Ritalin
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Exactly.

Exactly.

Snoogans is a smart motherfucker.

Well, sure.

He's high as a kite.

And so are you.

Snoogans
08-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, sure.

He's high as a kite.

And so are you.

and i had a few beers

bobrobot
08-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Xanax 0.25 MGs works great... use pot as a chaser... & absinthe after that... if ya can afford it!!!
Got ME thru a difficult year!!!

http://www.besportier.com/archives/mansinthe-absinthe-marilyn-manson.jpg

midwestjeff
08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, sure.

He's high as a kite.

And so are you.

I haven't smoked since April, thank you very much.

I just got a job though, so it's time to get back to it.

RickMcCrank47
08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
theres only one way to know how anything effects you, and thats trial and error, now MAN UP and hit that shit!!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x185/RickMcCrank47/0_IMAGE_00327.jpg

Drunky McBetidont
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.dentifamily.com/celebrity/81_Nancy-Reagan-Head-Shot.jpg

http://stores.hampelscircusmagic.com/catalog/SAY%20NO.jpg

Snoogans
08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
http://www.ronfez.net/gallery//watermark.php?file=4427&size=1

PapaBear
08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Once again, I'm perplexed by the choice to put a thread in the CY & Jivin forum. I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to figure out the trend. Unless, of course, this is a topic from the show.

As for your question, though I've never tried those steam things, I think it would probably be the best way to go, if you don't want to smoke. Brownies are a totally different kind of pot experience. I'm not necessarily advocating that you use pot, but if you do, and it doesn't work out for you, it's not like you'd be addicted or anything.

Snoogans
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Once again, I'm perplexed by the choice to put a thread in the CY & Jivin forum. I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to figure out the trend. Unless, of course, this is a topic from the show.

As for your question, though I've never tried those steam things, I think it would probably be the best way to go, if you don't want to smoke. Brownies are a totally different kind of pot experience. I'm not necessarily advocating that you use pot, but if you do, and it doesn't work out for you, it's not like you'd be addicted or anything.

its a vaporizer, and you still get smoke, its just only the smoke from the THC, not the rest of the plant

Oilfield Canuck #3
08-17-2008, 08:19 PM

I don't think it was a topic from the show, but I tend to forget things, so it may have been. Also pot references come up a lot. I think the trend is that the CT and Jivin listeners have turned into a fairly tight knit bunch, and since a lot of us have been in since quite early stuff like this will pop up from time to time. Due to the fact that the CT and Jivin sub forum is listed on the ronfez message board, our topics will show up in the "newest posts" section from time to time.

While I myself do appreciate both Opie and Anthony and Ron and Fez, I do not post about them, so I tend to think of the CT and Jivin subforum on ronfez.net as it's own forum as I never check the rest of the site, I suspects others may do the same.

Don't get me wrong, usually I enjoy people from other portions of the website posting in here. I think with the exception of the NIN threads getting merged we have all got along.

The more the merrier.

Also on to vaporizers, very cool. I've got some cool pictures of industrial sized clear garbage bags full of smoke somewhere, if I can find them I will post them up. They are a lot easier on the lungs too. Truth be told though, I prefer rolling papers the best, it just seems more natural than a pipe or a bong. Although I did build this cool hookah once,

midwestjeff
08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.ronfez.net/gallery//watermark.php?file=4427&size=1

What say you vacuum pack some of that and send it to me?
No? Please?
I have no connections here and hate buying from street people.

LaBoob
08-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Any advice?

Debit, If you happen to have an addictive personality I wouldn't advise you to start... sure, it's been said over and over you can't get addicted to weed, but if you tend to be the kind of person who likes to overindulge in a lot of things (food, binge-drinking, cigarettes, sex), you'll probably really like overindulging in weed as well. Especially if you smoke when you're stressed and you tend to be stressed a LOT.

Weed can help block out your problems while under the influence, but it doesn't make them go away, and in my experience prevents you from actually dealing with those problems. It's also a depressant and might perk you up temporarily, but could possibly make you feel worse in the long run. It's very much like a pain pill. I realized this once when I strained my neck and was in impossible pain. Smoking helped me deal with the pain so much that it actually changed the way I look at it... I wouldn't use painkillers regularly but I was using weed regularly and was definitely having negative affects on my life.

I often wonder what my life would've been like if I weren't introduced to weed at such an early age and I do regret even taking that first hit as I would probably be more successful due to just being more motivated. I also DON'T regret it for the fact that I feel like my creative side bloomed since then and I've had some pretty major breakthroughs from just sitting around thinking of stuff, and I wouldn't give those things up for anything.

Team_Ramrod
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
If you can't handle the things life throws your way then you need to just give up and go with heroin.

Although, I've never been high so I might be giving you bad advice.

jlehane3
08-18-2008, 04:38 AM
:surrender:I'd start with something mild like sleepy tea,melatonin,valerian..:unsure:..go to a health food/herbal store and ask the manager(not just the clerk).Say you need deep restful sleep.When you walk into the store carry a double axe :laugh: with you to make your point! :lol:Take Bigfoot with you.He will help. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/jlehane3/BenMatinepause_bigfoot_BCropEn.jpg Photo crop Ben Matine :clap:

reillyluck
08-18-2008, 05:02 AM
from a person who smokes, i say say no. one- because you dont smoke and the last thing to happen for a first timer is make you sleepy. you're going to be too busy laughing your ass off at anything that crosses your path. and two-Pot Brownies have massive amounts of sugar in it so i'd say you will be laughing your ass off from the THC and bouncing off the walls because of the sugar. not a great combination for a first timer.

I've known a couple of people who have gotten really paranoid from smoking the first time and it can quite possibly keep you up even longer.

you're better off taking a couple of shots of nyquil.

BinaryBimbo
08-18-2008, 06:14 AM
It has to be noted that for really good brownies one needs to make a 'butter' from the boil off prior to mixing the batter. I forget why I know that.

Brownies? Your first time? Watch this.....
I think I'm going to die (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/160709/Animated-Cop-Pot-Brownies-911-Call.html)

debit
08-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Thanks advice gang.

Yes, I am in Calgary.

I've always stressed about work stuff. I'm not sure why. I have this impending feeling that I have made a major mistake. Since I am an accountant, it happens at month ends, year ends are even worse. And their is nothing I fear more than the inventory count. Mostly it is out of my control, yet I fear I have made a huge mistake. Even though the worst that would happen would be that I would look stupid to a few people, I don't think I would ever be fired for making a mistake. This time the fear is huge and has started 6 weeks before year end. I've lost 6 lbs this week.

Anyway, I will go see my doctor and man up and see a shrink. This just sucks. Nothing else stresses me out in the slightest, not women, not friends, not family, not the environment.

weekapaugjz
08-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Go get a massage. It works wonders on stress

debit
08-18-2008, 07:51 AM
[QUOTE=PapaBear;1825522]Once again, I'm perplexed by the choice to put a thread in the CY & Jivin forum. I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to figure out the trend. Unless, of course, this is a topic from the show.

The CT and Jivin forum, seems more like for 'us'. I don't feel part of RonFez.net but I do feel part of the CT and Jivin forum.

RickMcCrank47
08-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks advice gang.

Yes, I am in Calgary.

I've always stressed about work stuff. I'm not sure why. I have this impending feeling that I have made a major mistake. Since I am an accountant, it happens at month ends, year ends are even worse. And their is nothing I fear more than the inventory count. Mostly it is out of my control, yet I fear I have made a huge mistake. Even though the worst that would happen would be that I would look stupid to a few people, I don't think I would ever be fired for making a mistake. This time the fear is huge and has started 6 weeks before year end. I've lost 6 lbs this week.

Anyway, I will go see my doctor and man up and see a shrink. This just sucks. Nothing else stresses me out in the slightest, not women, not friends, not family, not the environment.

call around to your friends and find someone who smokes and just ask them to get you high once. best bet is to have someone around who understands the high and will be able to keep you from losing it. if not, take a vacation to florida. if the sun, sand and surf doesnt help, then ill get ya higher than a kite on the moon. (even if theres no wind on the moon)

proud_accountant
08-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks advice gang.

Yes, I am in Calgary.

So here's my personal experience. I'm a Sr Programmer at a major book publisher - meaning that i have a very high stress level almost all the time. I have to deal with deadlines, bugs, crappy employees, long hours, etc. I've found that the best way to deal with a 90 hour work week is to get so high that i forget how many hours i just put in. I also have a major problem with ADD and have found that when i'm high i can concentrate a lot better. Weed is absolutely a great way to shut your brain off and relax. I wouldnt worry too much about the addictive personality thing, if you're smart enough to become an accountant then you are smart enough to know when to stop.

Dr_Frottage
08-22-2008, 02:54 PM
i say smoke on, pot will relax you, maybe you get some sleep, it will stimulate your appetite, so you gain your weight back, and best of all it will give you that i don't give a shit attitude. i say treat the symptoms and when you smoke you won't care about the causes. trust me. as i always say it's nothing a joint can't fix, and if it doesn't fix it, it sure doesn't hurt. happy smoking.

dino_electropolis
08-22-2008, 02:58 PM
"Smoke weed everyday"
- Warren G.

Weed is not a drug....smoke it, and decide if its for you.

Snoogans
08-23-2008, 09:53 AM
"Smoke weed everyday"
- Warren G.

Weed is not a drug....smoke it, and decide if its for you.

It was actually Nate Dogg who said it, and it was on Dre's album. Last time I saw Warren G do anything, he struck out in rock and jock softball