You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
A New CT and Jivin Community! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : A New CT and Jivin Community!

RickMcCrank47
08-25-2008, 09:26 PM
www.TheNewFBA.com [internet radio forum]

Someone let me be the moderator of this new and wonderful forum.

my goals are not to take people away from here, but to expand with new listeners from other places.

I vow to keep the same posting quality at this, the original home for CT and Jivin fans.

but come take a look if youd like.

tdawg420
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
In my own selfish opinion, I think once other boards open up thats when you get people picking sides and turning into maniacs. It took a lot to get me into this whole message board thing so I'm staying here. Once I post I;m gonna go check it out, but I;m curious why CT & Jivin need another board. Abselutely theirs no doubt it can bring in more people to the show...welll...you know what. I change my mind. It can bring in more people. I had to think about that for a second. Nevermind anything I just said. Its just nice having one home for everyone. Every one of you are good shit, and I hate the fact I'd have to jump all over the net to find all you shiesters and your posts. I'm gonna go now and read and possibly post more. I'm very relevant.

Love Trevor

mongothetrucker
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
adverstising on as many sites is good for all the Podcasts. It's just a subforum, a place to put ads for releases and such.

Brandon From Ohio.
08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh, so you guys post links to your site, but I don't.

Ct and Jivin, Now with Subforum. (http://www.radiogoldfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
:)

Dan 'Hampton
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
What we really need is our own messageboard. Not enough people to do that yet but it'd help weed out the lost posters who don't check what section certain threads are in.

Brandon From Ohio.
08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
What we really need is our own messageboard. Not enough people to do that yet but it'd help weed out the lost posters who don't check what section certain threads are in.

I agree, a ct and jivin centric messageboard would be a great way of promoting the show.

It is also true that there aren't enough people yet to make the board thrive, but I feel that it is coming.

Space Edge
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
CT and Jivin should do what the Hideout did they have their own board a few other sites have subforums.

Dan 'Hampton
08-26-2008, 06:40 PM
CT and Jivin should do what the Hideout did they have their own board a few other sites have subforums.

I agree with you. Need to get on air consistantly first. EMAIL THE PEOPLE WE NEED TO BE EMAILING.

Oilfield Canuck #3
08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree with you. Need to get on air consistantly first. EMAIL THE PEOPLE WE NEED TO BE EMAILING.

We definitely need our own message board, but like everybody above has stated, in due time. I fucking hate all the morons coming in here posting retarded shit because they don't understand it is a ct and jivin sub section, but whatever, it is nice to have a sub forum on a site such as this.

Definitely be emailing people.

Brandon From Ohio.
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM

With Time.

Patience, it is a virtue.

Oilfield Canuck #3
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Patience, it is a virtue.

So are hairy balls, but you don't see me spouting off about it. :blink:

Space Edge
08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I haven't listened to CT&Jivin since the FREE FM test shows and the podcaasts they did before that. I have been told by a few other people I should check them out again.

Dan 'Hampton
08-27-2008, 02:29 AM
I haven't listened to CT&Jivin since the FREE FM test shows and the podcaasts they did before that. I have been told by a few other people I should check them out again.

Seriously. I checked out ALL the Hideout shows. Do yourself a favor and get everything you can, well maybe not the really early stuff on the super secret archive.

RickMcCrank47
08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree, a ct and jivin centric messageboard would be a great way of promoting the show.

It is also true that there aren't enough people yet to make the board thrive, but I feel that it is coming.

well, Brandon certainly said it all right there....im not trying to take ANYONE away from this board. but we do have to understand that not everyone on the internet is on this board. i just really want to see more people start tuning into the show. we can email the execs all we want, but without a larger fan base it will be hard to convince anyone that the show can thrive and be productive. if my posting updates and info brings a few more people to the show, then ive helped.

ive been thinking about trying to do some production work for the show. make some bits, songs, who knows....just something to give them more content and maybe help the "on-air" cause a little. i dont really have many ideas, and i wont turn in EVERYTHING, but its just an idea....wheres your idea huh judgey mcjudgealot. seriously, what are some good ideas....

Space Edge
08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Seriously. I checked out ALL the Hideout shows. Do yourself a favor and get everything you can, well maybe not the really early stuff on the super secret archive.

That's all I ever heard of theirs was all the early original podcasts and the FreeFM test shows. I will give them a shot someone give me a episode number that I should listen to.

Dan 'Hampton
08-27-2008, 03:28 PM
That's all I ever heard of theirs was all the early original podcasts and the FreeFM test shows. I will give them a shot someone give me a episode number that I should listen to.

ctandjivin.com
Or look them up on Itunes.

RickMcCrank47
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM

if you hit up the website, you can go from the most recent 10

theres also a thread in here where you can download any of the old shows
http://www.ronfez.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67179

try anything 2007 and up...

debit
08-27-2008, 06:57 PM
I am worried that splitting the message boards might turn the CT and Jivin fans against each other. But then again we've always done that.

- Accountants vs Canadian Oil Workers

- Zombies vs the Living

- Evil Bug Aliens vs Alien Apocalypse Survivors (with help from attractive good female aliens who will have hot alien sex with Jivin)

- Rick vs Nick (even though Nick doesn't seem interested in the feud)

- A lone message board poster who believes in Moon dragons and a NASA/Martian conspiracy even though he secretly works for NASA and who writes sci fi movies but never receives credit and paints houses for a living vs everybody else

RickMcCrank47
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I am worried that splitting the message boards might turn the CT and Jivin fans against each other. But then again we've always done that.

- Accountants vs Canadian Oil Workers

- Zombies vs the Living

- Evil Bug Aliens vs Alien Apocalypse Survivors (with help from attractive good female aliens who will have hot alien sex with Jivin)

- Rick vs Nick (even though Nick doesn't seem interested in the feud)

- A lone message board poster who believes in Moon dragons and a NASA/Martian conspiracy even though he secretly works for NASA and who writes sci fi movies but never receives credit and paints houses for a living vs everybody else

can someone lock this thread.....debit just NAILED IT!!!

i wish nick was enough of a man to post....theres a few phone calls ive put in, none of them 10 mins because CT cried last week.....nick better step it up

Oilfield Canuck #3
08-27-2008, 10:09 PM
can someone lock this thread.....debit just NAILED IT!!!

i wish nick was enough of a man to post....theres a few phone calls ive put in, none of them 10 mins because CT cried last week.....nick better step it up

In before the lock!

I also have been keeping my phone calls short, but instead of one or two long ones, they are now getting quite a few more short ones. :thumbup:

SchnitDick
08-28-2008, 03:35 AM

Look at the past threads, probably the podcasts with the most posts means it was a popular podcast, but that might not be the case. You are doing nothing all day everyday anyway so just download the 10 from itunes and give them all a listen

Space Edge
08-28-2008, 05:54 AM
I really don't want to download the past 10 shows, I'm running out of HD space maybe I'll pick a random number and listen to it today.

jlehane3
08-29-2008, 03:34 AM
I didn't LOVE the movie Animal House,but the frat boys up the street are living the dream.One of the writers from Animal house based the movie on a Univ of Delaware frat that was total F-ups from the 1970's/late60's ? It was slightly before my time on campus,since I didn't actually move here until the 80's.My info is second hand and I don't know the details.....could even be BS for all I know from drunk patter or pot talk.Maybe someone else is a fan of the movie and can find the Delaware connection to correct or update my story.

RickMcCrank47
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
bump

jlehane3
09-09-2008, 04:35 PM
and I like the big pond,not the :annoyed:negativity.So I left there.I saw a few other boards,but navigating them was:glurps: laborious,even if they had lots of things I was interested in.Navigating should be easy for non-geeks.I also have a thing against:huh: log-ins and difficulties with passwords.This board is more favorable by just having fewer drawbacks and an older more mature group of posters vs Stern & O&A fans in total.CT and Jivin need to grow their fanbase,but really this is the best forum to grow their popularity and numbers consistently.Mikeyboy has it down to a science,somehow. http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/j3lehane/PIA10215bcrablu4.jpg :tongue: Mars sandmarie live looking at Spirit rover with pet in her lap :thumbup:

lordscarlet
09-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Rather than creating a new thread I thought I would consider this fitting with "A New CT and Jivin Community"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CT-Jivin/26202038558