You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Awkward Social Situation [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Social Situation

debit
08-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I was at the doctor today and as I was in the examination room waiting, I heard a husband and wife talking to the doctor. He had some minor problem. I couldn't hear all they were saying but I heard him mention that he drank a lot of pop and she said that his big toe hurt but she told to to quit complaining about it.

My question is this, why the hell would a man allow his wife to accompany him into the examination room?

I found this pathetic and uncomfortable.

I could understand if he had a serious condition, but otherwise he shouldn't even want to drive to the doctor's office with her.

Some 'men' obviously prefer their wives to act like their mothers. She probably busts his balls all the time at home. I assume that she must obviously fulfill some psychological need he has.

I think this guy and others like him should f-ing man up.

FezsAssistant
08-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I was at the doctor today and as I was in the examination room waiting, I heard a husband and wife talking to the doctor. He had some minor problem. I couldn't hear all they were saying but I heard him mention that he drank a lot of pop and she said that his big toe hurt but she told to to quit complaining about it.

My question is this, why the hell would a man allow his wife to accompany him into the examination room?

I found this pathetic and uncomfortable.

I could understand if he had a serious condition, but otherwise he shouldn't even want to drive to the doctor's office with her.

Some 'men' obviously prefer their wives to act like their mothers. She probably busts his balls all the time at home. I assume that she must obviously fulfill some psychological need he has.

I think this guy and others like him should f-ing man up.

He should be more of a man and use a plush stuffed toy as a sig pic.

Chigworthy
08-30-2008, 04:29 PM
It seems like the male ideal these days is to be married to your mommy, and hide from her in the garage with your stupid interests while she does all the heavy lifting. Fuck that.

jlehane3
08-30-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm so with you on feeling the guy should man up and come to the big bad mean doc alone,collect his lollipop :laugh:at the end like he got a BIG BOY haircut. I'm so much the single/independent type.DIGNITY. And more recently there's another side I see that :drunk:2 heads better than one/two to tango/interaction/hesitancy to tell the doc EVERYTHING(like men will do lies of ommission for fear of more tests ,while women will complain about a :annoyed:hangnail and cost taxpayers zillions in health care). Can you see where I'm going with:tongue: mommies boy? I sometimes actually envy couples that work like a well oiled machine together to mutual advantage.CT just mentioned LAUNDRY....yep case in point.Almost NO guys enjoy laundry,let's face it.:surrender:

jonyrotn
08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
In many ways you're right..I've been doing all this shit by myself for 37 years.. The streets had a saying when I was growing up, it was "I was born by myself I can die by myself" and so many men die when they get, let's say married for example..That scares the fuckin shit out of me!! Who wants another person making your life decisions for them just based on the fact that she spreads her legs or lays the pipe for you..

I've spent what amounts to an entire lifetime (mine) looking for that perfect woman who will be all things to me..I've met a few (more like one really) that seem to fit the bill but then the rest of the universe's awkward ways come into play and things for whatever reason don't play out..
I guess if I look for another 37 years I may find that woman who answers every bell, but who the fuck wants to be 74 at their bachelor party?
As each year passes I think my requirements drop a bit and I'll probably ene up in the doctor's office with some cunt that treats me like her kid going, "yes dear.." every 30 seconds but who's smarter the guy who got there when he was 25 or the guy who got there when he was 45?
I guess I let you know..:wacko:

frye hole
08-30-2008, 05:33 PM
The streets had a saying when I was growing up, it was "I was born by myself I can die by myself"

Do you write lyrics for Springsteen?

joethebartender
08-30-2008, 05:58 PM
He had some minor problem. I couldn't hear all they were saying but I heard him mention that he drank a lot of pop and she said that his big toe hurt but she told to to quit complaining about it.

Bringin' the wife was definately a mistake on this guy's part. The doctor was about to tell him that he had the gout and to lay off the beer and red meat...and she was there to hear it!! ouch!!:surrender:

RickMcCrank47
09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
i tried to get a video of an awkward social situation....didnt work too well, but i laughed

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x185/RickMcCrank47/th_SUNP0052.jpg (http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x185/RickMcCrank47/?action=view&current=SUNP0052.flv)