You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
The Life And Times Of Mr. Perfect [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : The Life And Times Of Mr. Perfect

Doctor Z
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Picked it up today on my way home from work... So far I like what a see. Lots of extras. Probably the best wrestling DVD since the Bret Hart DVD.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wBbyyqxxL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

* I committed an ironic IMPERFECTION in my thread title. A fix would be appreciated.

CYYYFYYY
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
The problem with it other than when they talk about his death not once did they mention his drug use. Also did not mention what happened on that damn plane with Lesner. I understand they wanted to make it a positive video but when a man dies of Cocaine overdose.... it NEEDS to be mentioned

Doctor Z
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Agreed, on both counts.

boonanas
09-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Since I work for WWE, I had to watch this and make sure the music was correct. It was an okay watch, much better than the shitty Triple H DVD.

Dr.Rockso
09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I understand they wanted to make it a positive video but when a man dies of Cocaine overdose.... it NEEDS to be mentioned

Like that could ever happen

K-K-K-YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

MIKEYDAKEN
09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
The problem with it other than when they talk about his death not once did they mention his drug use. Also did not mention what happened on that damn plane with Lesner. I understand they wanted to make it a positive video but when a man dies of Cocaine overdose.... it NEEDS to be mentioned

what happened with him and lesner?

patsopinion
09-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Like that could ever happen

K-K-K-YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

the rok and ROll clown

CYYYFYYY
09-19-2008, 06:27 AM
what happened with him and lesner?

I am not really sure but apparently they got into a fight on a plane (I think they were calling the plane ride from hell) and apparently Perfect tried to throw Lesner off the plane (While in flight) The details were always sketchy but he was fired from the WWE after that plane ride. When he went to TNA he used the incident as a promo a decent amount.

My other problem with the Dvd (let it be known it is good) is that there was only 10 matches. They should have had another dvd of matches, 10 is not enough. Also of the 10 matches 3 was against Hitman. I think that is a tad much especially since the last one was a WcW match which was kinda a squash match in the Hitmans favor

AnnoyedGrunt
09-19-2008, 08:21 AM
I believe the story I remember being floated around was that on the plane Perfect and Lesnar got in to an argument about their respective amateur wrestling skills and ended up grappling on the plane. Supposedly they came dangerously close to knocking open the door and killing everyone on board (though that almost sounds like a typical exaggerated wresting story). I believe there was other drunken misconduct on board, making it the plane ride from hell.

Heather 8
09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
I believe the story I remember being floated around was that on the plane Perfect and Lesnar got in to an argument about their respective amateur wrestling skills and ended up grappling on the plane. Supposedly they came dangerously close to knocking open the door and killing everyone on board (though that almost sounds like a typical exaggerated wresting story). I believe there was other drunken misconduct on board, making it the plane ride from hell.

That was the same flight where Ric Flair played helicopter with Space Mountain, XPac chopped off Michael Hayes' mullet, Dustin Rhodes sang over the PA system to his ex Terri, and Scott Hall put shaving cream on other people's faces. Surprisingly Hennig & Hall were the only two fired immediately afterwards.

Tazz
09-19-2008, 10:42 AM

They didn't directly say it, but they did show the newspaper headline which said "Cocaine Overdose Kills Wrestler" or something like that. So it's not like they ignored it completely.

Snoogans
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
i thought this thread was gonna be about Earl

DantheBartender
09-20-2008, 12:06 AM
I bought it, haven't watched it yet. Mr. Perfect was one of my favorites. It was never quite the same when he went to WCW. He was still good, but he wasn't Mr. Perfect.

BillySolHarg
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
This is one of the few DVDS that I liked. Whilst the cocaine was left out for obvious reasons (WWF wanting to clean up the image of Wrestling Sports Entertainment of being a party/drug culture). This was right up there...maybe second to the Flair DVD.