You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
I need work out partner break up advice [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : I need work out partner break up advice

debit
09-15-2008, 06:32 AM
I work out with three guys on the weekend. We've got a good bunch going, but one guy of the bunch is a loser and socially awkward. He is bringing the group down.

How do we get him to stop going without me having to have an honest conversation with him?

PS We can't change work out times or gyms.

Sue_Bender
09-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Just tell him he disgusts you...

and provide him with a list of suicide options.

Kodos
09-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Tell him you are developing "feelings" for him. And that you've enver felt this way before about a workout partner.:wub:

RAAMONE
09-15-2008, 07:54 AM
you can always just kill him

Oilfield Canuck #3
09-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Tell him he's not invited to your birthday party.

LaBoob
09-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Spike his Gatorade with Drain-O?

Seriously, maybe you could just be honest and mention to him that he's kind of a depressing person to be around and he brings down the vibe when you guys are working out. Maybe he will be offended and never talk to you again, which sounds like it would be okay with you, or maybe he would recognize that you are right and make an adjustment to his personality, and make an effort to be more pleasant. Either way, at least you were honest, didn't have to have a heart-to-heart, and hopefully spared his feelings (this would only work if you don't all gang up on him, or say it in a malicious way, but kind of just mention it in passing... it's easier said than done, but nobody said breaking up with workout-man-friends is easy).

debit
09-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Spike his Gatorade with Drain-O?

Seriously, maybe you could just be honest and mention to him that he's kind of a depressing person to be around and he brings down the vibe when you guys are working out. Maybe he will be offended and never talk to you again, which sounds like it would be okay with you, or maybe he would recognize that you are right and make an adjustment to his personality, and make an effort to be more pleasant. Either way, at least you were honest, didn't have to have a heart-to-heart, and hopefully spared his feelings (this would only work if you don't all gang up on him, or say it in a malicious way, but kind of just mention it in passing... it's easier said than done, but nobody said breaking up with workout-man-friends is easy).

I don't think he really has any other friends. We're not his friends, but close enough for him. I doubt he could take that kind of rejection. He is 45 and hasn't been laid in 5 years. He's not ugly or stupid, just socially retarded. He stares a lot and engages in small talk to the nth degree.

DolaMight
09-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I never had work out buddies. I never liked the idea. Sounds more like shower buddies. Workouts should be with a just yourself and your ipod, maybe gf/wife etc... Sports are for buddies. Plus gangs tend to hang out and waste time. Work out and get out.

I can offer advice on workout wanna be buddies. Those people you run into at the gym who come in at the same time as you who then feel the need to make smalltalk during workouts.

Just start responding with uh huh and stare straight ahead. Eventually they get it and leave you alone. Never ask a follow question.