You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Who do you think had a better Career Ric Rude or Mr. Perfect? [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think had a better Career Ric Rude or Mr. Perfect?

CYYYFYYY
09-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I think these guys careers are very similar. Who do you think had a better Career?

SpicyMcHaggis
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm gonna go with Mr. Perfect on this one. I liked Rick Rude but Henning had more staying power.

Meataball23
09-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Loved the perfect plex and he threw a 50 yard pass to himself!

Knowledged_one
09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Did perfect have any big feuds?

I know Ric Rude had some good ones the one with the Ultimate Warrior sticks out

Perfect was awesome since he was a great announcer as well and came across as super confident and pompous but Rude was a heel of heels when i was growing up

I may have to go with Rude

DarkHippie
09-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Didn't Rude wear shorts with Jake Roberts' wife on the ass? That alone gives him the edge

CYYYFYYY
09-25-2008, 11:05 AM
The thing with Rude is he did have great Feuds....With, Snake, Warrior, Sting, Dustin and was the leader of the Daerous Alliance..... Perfect did have an amazing feud with Hitman, maybe I am missing a few.

Manster72
09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Rude created a style. Hennning was a a basic heel, didnt have to be copied cause it was copied. Rude had memorable fueds, Henning jobbed to the main event, but in his favor he was in more main events than Rude was, so sue me i cant make up my mind, still marking for Rude.

cougarjake13
09-25-2008, 02:00 PM
rude WWF Intercontinental title
WCW United States Heavyweight title
WCW International Heavyweight title

perfect WWF Intercontinental title
WWF Intercontinental title
WCW United States title
WCW World Tag Team titles

so i gotta go with perfect

both are from Robbinsdale, Minnesota weird huh ?

Bossanova
09-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I have never seen another man catch a towel over his shoulder when thrown behind his back

MIKEYDAKEN
09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
i went with rude just because i remember him always being the baddest bad guy. like when he said he nailed jake the snake's wife i believed it. perfect just kinda got fucked cause he really did not have competition that could have made him a top heel.

Contra
09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Perfect all the way! Is Rude dead too?

cougarjake13
09-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Perfect all the way! Is Rude dead too?

died in 99 i think

Don Stugots
09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
wow, what a great question. both were great in the ring or on the mic. at this point i cannot pick one.

Dirtbag
09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Rude wins by being the only guy (until the buyout) to be on Raw and Nitro on the same night.

CofyCrakCocaine
09-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Ravishing Rick Rude? Mr. Perfect? Sigh... thems were the days. I miss being a kid. I watched a Survivor Series and when Hulk Hogan lost I started crying. I was a lil' Hulkamanic.

Anyway...

I'm gonna have to pull a Stugots '08 and stay neutral. Both had fantastic careers. I guess Mr.Perfect would win if you factored in that he lived longer... but career-wise? Sheeyit. Too hard to comprehend. Loved 'em both.

conman823
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Rude did have the more memoriable fueds. Perfect had a great one with Hogan early on (I remember thinking it was the best heel heat at the time too bash apart the World Title during an interview with Mean Gene).

In WCW Rude was more of a star, but some might say that back then WCW didn't really matter. In WWF Perfect was always top midcard, and in those days with Hogan as the glass ceiling NOBODY like Perfect or Rude was going to break through. Perfect gave the big push to Bret Harts career, and was a former AWA World Champion prior to his start with WWF.

Gotta go with the Perfect one.......beside nobody beats Mr Perfect, NOBODY!

Don Stugots
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Rude wins by being the only guy (until the buyout) to be on Raw and Nitro on the same night.

HAHA. i forgot about that.

Ravishing Rick Rude? Mr. Perfect? Sigh... thems were the days. I miss being a kid. I watched a Survivor Series and when Hulk Hogan lost I started crying. I was a lil' Hulkamanic.

Anyway...

I'm gonna have to pull a Stugots '08 and stay neutral. Both had fantastic careers. I guess Mr.Perfect would win if you factored in that he lived longer... but career-wise? Sheeyit. Too hard to comprehend. Loved 'em both.

i was cheering when he lost. Grab a beer and join me on the fence

ralphbxny
09-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I picked Perfect just because I loved his gimmick, but Rude was the best Heel of his time. He was also one of my favs.

Both Great fuckin Gimmicks!!

EddieMoscone
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Their WWF and WCW stuff is pretty much a wash. Curt Hennig's work in the AWA trumps Rude's work in World Class, so Hennig wins. His AWA title match against Nick Bockwinkle on ESPN is a classic.

MagillaGorillaz
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm voting based on wrestling attire. Rick Rude wins hand's down. The art work on his tights was awesome. And you can't forget the Robe. I wish some of the guys today could go old school and come out to the ring in a robe.

Heather 8
09-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Mr Perfect all the way. Another second-generation star who outshined his father.

cougarjake13
09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Mr Perfect all the way. Another second-generation star who outshined his father.

had no clue his father wrestled

MagillaGorillaz
09-26-2008, 06:25 PM

His father was Mr. Perfect Senior.

Don Stugots
09-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Larry The AX Henning. look him up.

cougarjake13
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM

they both cant be perfect

DantheBartender
09-29-2008, 09:22 PM
I have never seen another man catch a towel over his shoulder when thrown behind his back

Due to many slow days in my business, i do this with bar rags on a pretty regular basis.

I also do the gum spit swat.

and the pen flip...

man, i'm lame.

Mike Kingston
09-30-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm going with Rude....

He was a world champion which was something Perfect never did. His feuds with Roberts and Warrior are very well remembered. The Raw/Nitro thing was pretty cool as well.

Although, "Rap is Crap" made this a lot closer than it would've been....

Heather 8
09-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm going with Rude....

He was a world champion which was something Perfect never did.

Curt Hennig was the AWA World Heavyweight champion for over a year, from May 2, 1987 to May 9, 1988.

MIKEYDAKEN
09-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Due to many slow days in my business, i do this with bar rags on a pretty regular basis.

I also do the gum spit swat.

and the pen flip...

man, i'm lame.

or are you on your way to being perfect

RingWraith
09-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I also picked Mr. Perfect. But only as a slight edge over Rick Rude. I always liked both personalities.
The gum spit/slap routine I always tried, but I really sucked at it and I gave up.

Bob Impact
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
In all the talk about Rude's feud's on top nobody has mentioned that his feud with the Warrior was an incredible flop, so was his run near the top in WcW. Not all really his fault as he wasn't built properly prior to at least the Warrior WWF Title feud, they just kinda based on the fact that Rude had beat him a couple of years ago.

Everyone also seems to forget about Mr. Perfect's color commentary, he was always one of my favorites.

I say Perfect, barely.

Gmann
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM

or Mr.Perfect Classic

CYYYFYYY
10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Ruse feuf with Warrior was a failure? While Warrior was fun to watch and all... who exactly did he have a good feud with? Snake? Nope... Andre... not even close.... Hercules... not so much

asayresk
10-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Both wrestlers were great for the business. However Curt Henning gets the edge. Henning is a Hall a Fame, but that not saying much because Pete Rose is a Hall of Famer as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3EQhq50AjQ8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3EQhq50AjQ8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

asayresk
10-11-2008, 09:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBt_QbQ_sSc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vBt_QbQ_sSc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>