You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Presidential Debate Viewing/Drinking Thread. The Final Chapter [Archive] - Page 3 - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Debate Viewing/Drinking Thread. The Final Chapter

Pages : 1 2 [3]

JerseySean
10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/IllumRaven/1224125860579.jpg
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDVM7ODUBn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDVM7ODUBn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Barry's hero

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8elIlcrNf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S8elIlcrNf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FunkyDrummer
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/IllumRaven/1224125860579.jpg

http://www.sedonamciver.com/wp-content/gallery/1mnthto2mnth/frowning.jpg

thejives
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Once again, Obama won.

McCain actually succeeded in looking more spastic and he covered his hands in sharpie marker.

Misteriosa
10-15-2008, 07:42 PM
http://palinaspresident.com/

IMSlacker
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
and then he turns british again and says "Jon, please get me out of here!"

"HELLLLLLLLLLP!"

too funny

That bit was hysterical.

"How long have you been out there?"

"Just two fuckin' hours! I took the L I double R! Three stops! Boom!"

GreatAmericanZero
10-15-2008, 07:45 PM
ok i'm going to go the "open minded" route

i always feel uncomfortable going down the "McCain is a piece of shit" road

he really isn't. hes not an evil person. he is a good American

but i think he would be an awful president

if McCain loses, i'll be like "awww poor man. hes not so bad"...i just think Obama is what America needs right now. I think Obama is the better candidate

on O&A (i always bring it back to 202..maybe i listen too much), Opie says "I hate that these are our choices! what awful choices!" but they are decent choices...but Obama is better in my opnion

Sarah Palin is still the worst thing ever though

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Honestly, I tuned in late. I got in just as Obama was stammering over his affiliations with that Ayers character.

It was nice to finally hear both candidates talk specifics...sorta.

But mostly, I just thought it provided fodder for SNL this week:

McCain's reaction to Obama's health care penalty "zero" reminded me of one of those commercials for health care where the old lady says, "ZERO???!!" regarding copayments or whatever.

Obama suavely turning to the camera to speak just to me for almost every answer instead of just talking to the guys in the room, seemed just a lil odd.

Obama "behaved" better I guess, McCain seemed uncomfortable, and with every burp I thought "oh geez, he's gonna die on national televison." but no one said anything substantially new to help me make up my mind.

I did like that McCain pointed out something Ive been saying for awhile; that Obama rarely talks specifics. On 60 minutes, when asked what he would do his first week in office, Obama said (words to the effect of) "I'm gonna gather my advisors, and we're gonna sit down and talk about what to do with these issues..." Now thats a plan! If elected, I promise to eventually come up with a plan! lol.

Ok, I guess McCain "won" the debate, because he was on the offensive the entire time and Obama just kinda took it, since he's ahead in the polls. This really is the most difficulty Ive ever had reaching a decision on for whom to vote.

GreatAmericanZero
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM

SNL is new on saturday (josh brolin host). I totally thought the same thing

i just imagine them having a skit where someone is playing Joe the Plumber freaking out watching the debate

i hope they get Will Forte to play Joe the Plumber..hes my fav on snl

thejives
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
C'mon Chris.
Hurry up and decide so I can know who's gonna win.

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 08:03 PM
C'mon Chris.
Hurry up and decide so I can know who's gonna win.

McCain mentioned that we were reminded recently what perilous times we live in,
I really thought he was gonna mention the Red Sox by name.

That wouldve gotten my vote fer sure.

PhilDeez
10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
ok i'm going to go the "open minded" route

i always feel uncomfortable going down the "McCain is a piece of shit" road

he really isn't. hes not an evil person. he is a good American

but i think he would be an awful president

if McCain loses, i'll be like "awww poor man. hes not so bad"...i just think Obama is what America needs right now. I think Obama is the better candidate

on O&A (i always bring it back to 202..maybe i listen too much), Opie says "I hate that these are our choices! what awful choices!" but they are decent choices...but Obama is better in my opnion

Sarah Palin is still the worst thing ever though

Palin might not be the greatest to wait in the wings, but it is difficult to say McCain would be an AWFUL president. He does have a history of working with both sides to get things done, and to keep it in perspective he and Bush really hate each other - there is a reason for this. This is a mute point, as this thing is a done deal.
I am voting for McCain, but don't think Obama is going to be AWFUL. Do I think he is going to come anywhere near his promises to the middle class, or anyone, no and not all of that will be his fault.
But on that note, I just don't get the cult like infatuation with Obama. I am not knocking him, I honestly think he portrays himself much better than McCain and says the right things. That said, I just don't get it and would appreciate, as I really try to keep an open mind, where this infatuation comes from - rather than the standard "change" or "no more bush" bs because both will provide slivers of that. Is it the war, healthcare, what? I just normally find myself more center aligned, and this year I don't.

spoon
10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I tuned in late. I got in just as Obama was stammering over his affiliations with that Ayers character.

It was nice to finally hear both candidates talk specifics...sorta.

McCain's reaction to Obama's health care penalty "zero" reminded me of one of those commercials for health care where the old lady says, "ZERO???!!" regarding copayments or whatever.

Obama suavely turning to the camera to speak just to me for almost every answer instead of just talking to the guys in the room, seemed just a lil odd.

Obama "behaved" better I guess, McCain seemed uncomfortable, and with every burp I thought "oh geez, he's gonna die on national televison." but no one said anything substantially new to help me make up my mind.

I did like that McCain pointed out something Ive been saying for awhile; that Obama rarely talks specifics. On 60 minutes, when asked what he would do his first week in office, Obama said (words to the effect of) "I'm gonna gather my advisors, and we're gonna sit down and talk about what to do with these issues..." Now thats a plan! If elected, I promise to eventually come up with a plan! lol.

Ok, I guess McCain "won" the debate, because he was on the offensive the entire time and Obama just kinda took it, since he's ahead in the polls. This really is the most difficulty Ive ever had reaching a decision on for whom to vote.

I find it odd that you think Obama is skirting the details as opposed to McCain. I don't even think McCain has a plan to plan, let alone the knowlege to make good financial choices. His healthcare plan is a disaster, and I though Obama truly broke things down pretty well on some major issues. Sure both had their canned topics or points, but McCain continually went back to the "he voted this way" over and over again, even thought Obama further explained the details of why he made those votes.

McCain came off as a dick in my mind, and his false outrage over the attack ads (on his plans no less) were hilarious. Perhaps we should be outraged he couldn't fly a fucking plane wasting my tax dollars from the very start.

HBox
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
A couple of big gaffes, or maybe more than that, from McCain: claiming that wanting safe nuclear power plants is an extreme environmentalist position and mocking concerns over women's health as an extreme "Pro-abortion" position. On that last one it was amplified by the mocking tone McCain used.

spoon
10-15-2008, 08:17 PM
A couple of big gaffes, or maybe more than that, from McCain: claiming that wanting safe nuclear power plants is an extreme environmentalist position and mocking concerns over women's health as an extreme "Pro-abortion" position. On that last one it was amplified by the mocking tone McCain used.

I forget exactly where it happened, but it seemed as though McCain was an inch away from saying SHIT but got himself. It was right about this area you speak of H, but perhaps I'm nuts.

As for the supreme court nominee question, I think it was clear that Obama spoke to both sides of that debate with a clear choice of his own, while McCain went all out Pro-Life and bashed the Pro-Choice side (Pro-Abortion). It's the difference in tact like this example that should win Obama the election. Why is it that the republicans never seem to debate on the issues, but rather turn every conversation into arguments? I'm serious, it's sooo old.

GreatAmericanZero
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Palin might not be the greatest to wait in the wings, but it is difficult to say McCain would be an AWFUL president. He does have a history of working with both sides to get things done, and to keep it in perspective he and Bush really hate each other - there is a reason for this. This is a mute point, as this thing is a done deal.
I am voting for McCain, but don't think Obama is going to be AWFUL. Do I think he is going to come anywhere near his promises to the middle class, or anyone, no and not all of that will be his fault.
But on that note, I just don't get the cult like infatuation with Obama. I am not knocking him, I honestly think he portrays himself much better than McCain and says the right things. That said, I just don't get it and would appreciate, as I really try to keep an open mind, where this infatuation comes from - rather than the standard "change" or "no more bush" bs because both will provide slivers of that. Is it the war, healthcare, what? I just normally find myself more center aligned, and this year I don't.

For me personally..as long as i've been politically aware I've always wanted a presidential candidate who is a) young and b) came from shit

Obama is young. People shit on him for that. But it appeals to me...hes idealistic..as opposed to the sell-out cynical and jaded old people

Obama came from shit. He came from poverty. He worked his way up to become a Harvard Law graduate. Thats very significant in my eyes

The whole "Black" thing, I'd love to be able to make any "black" joke or whatever..but to me, its not an issue. Its not like hes a thugged out nigga from the street. Hes an educated professional man. Its like saying "McCain is irish...so he's Eastside Dave". Before Obama I probably would've said I would be uncomfortable with a black president (because the only black politicians i've experienced running for Prez was Jesse and Al)...but I really really don't see it as an issue with Obama.

It's like the scene in "Do the Right Thing" were Spike Lee talks to John Turturro about why hes racist when his favorite basketball player is Michael Jordan, his favorite actor is Eddie Murphy and his favorite musician is Prince. I don't think race is a facture in his "cult of personality" but I think he has a lot of other aspects to offer

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Perhaps we should be outraged he couldn't fly a fucking plane wasting my tax dollars from the very start.

wow, youre old.

And my intent wasnt that McCain is totally forthcoming and Obama isnt.
I think it's just that since I'm not enamored by either of them, I can see their flaws more clearly than those of you whove made up your minds.

KC2OSO
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
This is really the best we can do?

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
This is really the best we can do?

Nope. But it's the best we've allowed ourselves to do.

GreatAmericanZero
10-15-2008, 08:24 PM
see..my point was that i think they are both good candidates

what more can you want? I mean, we do have to elect human beings

PhilDeez
10-15-2008, 08:26 PM
For me personally..as long as i've been politically aware I've always wanted a presidential candidate who is a) young and b) came from shit

Obama is young. People shit on him for that. But it appeals to me...hes idealistic..as opposed to the sell-out cynical and jaded old people

Obama came from shit. He came from poverty. He worked his way up to become a Harvard Law graduate. Thats very significant in my eyes

The whole "Black" thing, I'd love to be able to make any "black" joke or whatever..but to me, its not an issue. Its not like hes a thugged out nigga from the street. Hes an educated professional man. Its like saying "McCain is irish...so he's Eastside Dave". Before Obama I probably would've said I would be uncomfortable with a black president (because the only black politicians i've experienced running for Prez was Jesse and Al)...but I really really don't see it as an issue with Obama.

It's like the scene in "Do the Right Thing" were Spike Lee talks to John Turturro about why hes racist when his favorite basketball player is Michael Jordan, his favorite actor is Eddie Murphy and his favorite musician is Prince. I don't think race is a facture in his "cult of personality" but I think he has a lot of other aspects to offer

Thanks for your answer, and by no means was I trying to use cult following to insinuate a race related reason.
I agree with your reasons for supporting Obama, and respect him for that. I just disagree on policy issues with him.
Regardless, I think most of his enthusiastic supports share your sentiment, thanks.

mikeyboy
10-15-2008, 08:28 PM
This is a mute point, as this thing is a done deal.

Moot point. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM

"Did you say...moot?"
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/MyCousinVinny3c.JPG

NickyL0885
10-15-2008, 08:31 PM
One of the big deals of tonight was the way McCain picked on women with the abortion issue, putting the word "heath" in quotes. Women are gonna jump all over him for that.

btw, anyone else find Rachel Maddow hot? I know shes a lesbo but something about her gets me going.

spoon
10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
wow, youre old.

And my intent wasnt that McCain is totally forthcoming and Obama isnt.
I think it's just that since I'm not enamored by either of them, I can see their flaws more clearly than those of you whove made up your minds.

I was speaking for Gvac and Reeshy.

As for the candidates, truthfully I can't see how Obama hasn't won you over as compared to McCain. I have never, and will never be "enamored" by politicians, it's just not possible. Yet I think there is a time and place for any decent candidate to make his mark, and McCain's was back in 2000 and he missed it. He's not the same man, a decade older, against a ton of the stands/causes he used to fight for and seemingly a bitter man. If he had come to the debates and his campaign with better tact and some true solutions that differed from that of the GOP's for the last decade then I'd be interested in hearing him out. Hell, I even did so with the same old song and dance and he simply has nothing to offer. We may be here in four years talking about another disaster/terrible presidency on top of a nightmare healthcare crisis, terrible schooling, huge divides in the classes, a destruction of the middle class and the fleecing of the US....Oh wait, this IS 2008 and we did just suffer another 4 years of the Bush presidency. Sorry, I'm not drawn to a candidate who claims to be the man for tough times abroad when the country we live in ourselves is falling apart.

GreatAmericanZero
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for your answer, and by no means was I trying to use cult following to insinuate a race related reason.
I agree with your reasons for supporting Obama, and respect him for that. I just disagree on policy issues with him.
Regardless, I think most of his enthusiastic supports share your sentiment, thanks.

yeah i meant to say something about how you said nothing about race

i was more thinking of the discussion on the O&A show today with Patrice asking Ed Norton "do you see Obama as a black guy" and edward was like "i mean, it doesnt matter but the significance does excite me"....i see myself as a fairly prejudiced white man...free of white guilt and a person who has made a lot of racial jokes, but where Obama is concerned his race honestly and truly makes no difference to me. Just like a viable candidate of Italian descent i wouldn't connect with the mafia and a woman candidate i wouldnt connect with "what if shes on her period and drops the bomb?"

i see race this way...if i see a group of young, thugged out black youths walking towards me..i'd be prejudiced and cautious. if i see a group of Urkels walking towards me..who cares?

If i was at work and i had a black employee that goes "Yo! Heres dem TPS reports bitches! WHATTUP!" i'd think that guy is an asshole. But if it was just a black guy who was just like "Here is the reports, I'll get started on the next thing" then its cool

I think most Americans who aren't "flat out racists" are more like that

HBox
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
btw, anyone else find Rachel Maddow hot? I know shes a lesbo but something about her gets me going.

Only when she's on MSNBC. Anywhere else.................... oof.

mikeyboy
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm watching the replay on CNN now, and I'm watching McCain every time Obama talks. I've never seen a man blink so much.

spoon
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm watching the replay on CNN now, and I'm watching McCain every time Obama talks. I've never seen a man blink so much.

Every time he blinks, a baby is aborted that Obama let happen. Poor plumber joe is disgusted with his 300k a year pro-life stance!

Doogie
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Perhaps everytime he blinks he is broadcasting to his intergalactic masters...

vagina envy
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
It must have been past McCains bedtime he was holding back yawns the whole time. Poor old bastard.

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
See. Viewpoint. I thought McCain was blinking alot too, so I decided to watch Obama;
he blinks just as often...its just somehow more pronounced on McCain.

Eye rolling is a whole 'nother thing.

Doogie
10-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Fuck the debates...lets blow bombs up on COD4. Sniping is fun

ChrisTheCop
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Fuck the debates...lets blow bombs up on COD4. Sniping is fun

see ya there!!!

HBox
10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
They've started researching Plumber Joe. Turns out he's not even registered to vote.

spoon
10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
They've started researching Plumber Joe. Turns out he's not even registered to vote.

Ha!

HBox
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Plumber Joe was interviewed on CBS tonight and said that when he asked Obama on the street about taxes he "tap danced around it like Sammy Davis Jr."

The McCain campaign might want to fly somebody out to him before he's all over the news tomorrow.

PapaBear
10-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Plumber Joe was interviewed on CBS tonight and said that when he asked Obama on the street about taxes he "tap danced around it like Sammy Davis Jr."

The McCain campaign might want to fly somebody out to him before he's all over the news tomorrow.
All this Araaab talk, and now they're calling him a Jew? Make up you minds!

scottinnj
10-15-2008, 10:28 PM

You've never seen Jimmy Norton's act?

scottinnj
10-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Perhaps we should be outraged he couldn't fly a fucking plane wasting my tax dollars from the very start.

I was right with you on that post until you went there. Wow I hope you aren't believing that trype.

spoon
10-16-2008, 02:11 AM
I was right with you on that post until you went there. Wow I hope you aren't believing that trype.

Let me ask you about this tripe then.... How many times did McCain crash/get shot down?

" McCain began as a sub-par flier who was at times careless and reckless; during the early-to-mid 1960s, the planes he was flying crashed twice and once collided with power lines, but he received no major injuries."

"McCain came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel, he did not always obey the rules, and that contributed to a low class rank (894 of 899)..."

Dirtybird12
10-16-2008, 03:04 AM

right? pretty sure he was sending secret messages out...or simply distracting/hypnotizing viewers. crazy old bird...

chris rock mentioned this too, but arent heroes the guys who DONT get captured???

GreatAmericanZero
10-16-2008, 04:09 AM
You've never seen Jimmy Norton's act?

aww poor Yimmy

PhilDeez
10-16-2008, 04:27 AM

Thanks for pointing that out, I am a dumbass.

angrymissy
10-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Only when she's on MSNBC. Anywhere else.................... oof.

They've really femmed her up for TV.

fezident
10-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Perhaps everytime he blinks he is broadcasting to his intergalactic masters...

I. for one, welcome our intergalactic overlords......

high fly
10-16-2008, 07:57 AM
I think neither lost supporters, but McCain failed to change the trend of independents and undecideds who are going for Obama.

Obama did what he needed to do, be poised, in command of the issues and look presidential.
McCain failed to do what he needed to do, which is reverse the momentum.

Obama landed one square on MudCain's jaw when he said the fear and smear ads reflected more on MudCain than Obama...

And where was McCain's flag pin?

angrymissy
10-16-2008, 07:59 AM
wtf
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20081016/i/r1772410910.jpg?x=400&y=303&q=85&sig=14VeZ1i8CUsxeyG4fnGe4A--
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081016/capt.1924228c0ff44e7fa21291e052c2c7ca.presidential _debate_nyts143.jpg?x=400&y=333&q=85&sig=80NPuzvTB6Mp6w2nNTukmA--
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20081016/i/r3518017025.jpg?x=400&y=261&q=85&sig=o_SYTwSpRA7CCM.LxJccYA--

high fly
10-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Cindy McCain's long neck makes it possible for her to pluck coconuts from the tops of trees with ease.....

Furtherman
10-16-2008, 08:03 AM
wtf
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20081016/i/r1772410910.jpg?x=400&y=303&q=85&sig=14VeZ1i8CUsxeyG4fnGe4A--

Yikes! That can't be real....

angrymissy
10-16-2008, 08:06 AM

I thought it had to be photoshopped, but its from Reuters... It looks like he's gonna grab Obama's ass

US Republican presidential nominee Senator John McCain (R-AZ) reacts to almost heading the wrong way off the stage after shaking hands with Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) at the conclusion of the final presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, October 15, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Bourg (UNITED STATES) US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2008

mendyweiss
10-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Damn Shrimp Salad In The Green Room !!!

Furtherman
10-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought it had to be photoshopped, but its from Reuters... It looks like he's gonna grab Obama's ass

US Republican presidential nominee Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has a stroke on stage after shaking hands with Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) at the conclusion of the final presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, October 15, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Bourg (UNITED STATES) US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2008

That's what it looks like.

torker
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Google search - mute trype : http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/avatars/Lalo35adm_15.jpg