You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Has there been any reason to watch in the last 5 years.. [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Has there been any reason to watch in the last 5 years..

lleeder
10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
I haven't watched a full wrestling show in about 5 years. Today hearing Fez and Sam discuss wrestling I can't see any reason to watch anymore. After WcW fell and Rock and Austin disappeared I lost it. The possiblity of seeing a star jump companies or a great promo from those two really is what kept me coming back. Whats worth while now?

Snoogans
10-15-2008, 06:10 PM
its still on?

SpicyMcHaggis
10-15-2008, 06:22 PM
What's wrestling?

Dougie Brootal
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
mickie james?

Snoogans
10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
whatever happened to fallon's pap per view game. i used to own that shit

ahhdurr
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
This might be the only forum I can't even pretend to post in.

The last names I remember were Snuka, Hogan, Hacksaw Jim Duggan... The Ultimate Warrior.... George the Animal Steele, Mr. Fuji.

I enjoyed Nacho Libre greatly.

Nachooooooooo!

Marc with a c
10-15-2008, 07:05 PM
when shawn michaels threw marty jannetty through the window.

Fallon
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
whatever happened to fallon's pap per view game. i used to own that shit

It was a pain in the balls to do.

cougarjake13
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
had lesnar stuck around would that have made things better ??

as for your question i dont think there has been

Johnny Manf
10-16-2008, 05:49 AM
i never give up on shows.
and wrestling is a show where i just like to see what happens.
i'm to the point where i DVR it and fast forward through most of it just to see if anything interesting happens.

i look at it like the show 24. last season wasnt that good but i would still watch every single season after it until the series ended. unfortunately wrestling never ends so i'll probably watch it forever.

Heather 8
10-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Indies FTW.

I very rarely watch any TV wrestling these days, aside from the WWE 24/7 8 got suckered into purchasing. I love watching the old stuff.

Furtherman
10-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Has there been any reason to watch in the last 20 years..

Don Stugots
10-16-2008, 07:49 AM

The monday night wars? The rise of ECW (the first)? The attitude era?

ScottFromGA
10-16-2008, 08:07 AM

The monday night wars? The rise of ECW (the first)? The attitude era?

agreed....97 to 01 was some of the best television you can see.

King Hippos Bandaid
10-16-2008, 08:13 AM
no, but some do

I ogle the Divas and watch the very view Wrestlers that are funny

I used to have to watch wrestling, now its a last resort

even more so with Football on

commish13
10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Indies, and WWE has been putting on some good stuff lately. There are multiple good matches on TV every week, and all three shows are decent at the very least. Plus, the Jericho/Michaels feud is amazing.

ScottFromGA
10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Indies, and WWE has been putting on some good stuff lately. There are multiple good matches on TV every week, and all three shows are decent at the very least. Plus, the Jericho/Michaels feud is amazing.

what scares me about the Jericho/HBK fued is that, while amazingly good, its with two established, known wrestlers. WWE has NOTHING far as the future....they have good wrestlers, but not any good entertainers. Cena is ok but not great...Orton has turned the curve but he's not great...Batista is garbage, but they aren't even the future anymore.

CM Punk is the exception from the future group I can think of...but he's still not that great to me.

Crippler
10-16-2008, 10:11 AM
In the last 3 months I find myself downloading Raw at some point during the week to see the 2 minutes where Santino has the mic in his hands. Then I skim the rest of the show to make sure there's nothing new & exciting going on, which there never seems to be. Prior to that I hadn't sat down to watch Raw or SmackDown in 5+ years (with the exception of the Guerrero & Benoit tributes, and the Nature Boy farewell).

EliSnow
10-16-2008, 10:23 AM
My wrestling watching was on its way down steadily about five years ago, but it ended completely after Benoit killed his family and himself.

After that, I couldn't bring myself to take enjoyment from something that was resulting in the crippling and deaths of people. I'm not saying that McMahon is responsible for the death of Benoit's family. That's on him alone. But the fact is that, in order to satisfy the industry and the public, these guys are taking huge bumps, end up with painful injuries that stay with them, and end up crippled or addicted to painkillers and other drugs to help them with it. And then throw on the need to take steroids, etc. to get a comic book superhero physique that is unrealistic.

I know these guys are getting paid for it, and love their business. They think the above sacrifies are worth it, and that's their choice. For me, I can no longer take enjoyment from it.

brettmojo
10-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I haven't watched a full wrestling show in about 5 years. Today hearing Fez and Sam discuss wrestling I can't see any reason to watch anymore. After WcW fell and Rock and Austin disappeared I lost it. The possiblity of seeing a star jump companies or a great promo from those two really is what kept me coming back. Whats worth while now?
No. There is NO reason to watch any wrestling anymore. The last month or two I finally gave up even caring. I started to fade interest when the Rock left. Trish Stratus leaving finally did it for me. The Cena shit really started to drag on me and I only watched outta' habit for a while but then got back into when they brought back Chris Jericho. But of course the fucked that up. That pretty much did it for me.

commish13
10-16-2008, 12:24 PM
what scares me about the Jericho/HBK fued is that, while amazingly good, its with two established, known wrestlers. WWE has NOTHING far as the future....they have good wrestlers, but not any good entertainers. Cena is ok but not great...Orton has turned the curve but he's not great...Batista is garbage, but they aren't even the future anymore.

CM Punk is the exception from the future group I can think of...but he's still not that great to me.

Well Batista doesn't count for the 'future', because he's 147 years old. Cena, like him or hate him, is a gigantic star who sells crazy merch and the crowd always reacts to him loudly. He's got the 'it' quality and Vince has already selected him as the future be-all, end-all, so that's that on him. Orton was someone I despised, but since about a year ago, something changed about him, and now I believe him as a legitimate top star, which I always swore he would never be.

Cena - 31 years old. He's got at least 10 years left, so while he's the present already, he really is the future, and he's got it all -- if nowhere else -- in his heart to do this forever.

Orton - 28 years old. He has bad luck with injuries (though Cena does as well, but always comes back way early and healthier than ever). He's still not quite upper upper echelon, but he's almost there, and will be soon. And health allowing, he's got at least 10-15 years left as well.

Jeff Hardy - 31 years old, and can be around 7-10 more years depending on how he handles his drug problems. As crazy as he's been with his body, he's never really had a real bad injury, so he has that on his side. He's the absolute most over guy in WWE currently by a large margin. The live crowds love him, and his merch sells immensely.

Matt Hardy - 34 years old (yeah, shocks me too), but as long as he keeps his knee healthy, he'll be another guy who works well into his 40s. Like his brother, he isn't going to be lighting any fires with his mic skills, but the charisma is still there and he connects with the fans in an amazing way.

Edge - 35 years old. He's amazing, and I think we've only seen just a bit of what he can and will do in the future. 7-10 years left if he can stay healthy.

CM Punk - 30 years old. Great wrestler, great presence, great with the mic -- overall just a top tier guy who will eventually be given the ball and get to be a true main event star. Doesn't get hurt, keeps himself in great shape, and the business is immensely important to him. He'll be around at least 10 more years, and probably a good amount more.

MVP - 35 years old. Strong wrestler, great on the mic, great presence. Like Edge, if he can stay healthy, he's got 7-10 years left and he will be a top guy.

Rhodes & DiBiase - 23 and 25 respectively. They're young, raw talent who are both already strong on the mic and will get stronger. They're both extremely proficient in the ring, and with time they'll get even better. They both have probably close to 20 years left with WWE. I feel good about them for the future.

Kofi Kingston - 26 years old. He connects with the crowd very well, and was able to do so VERY quickly upon debuting with WWE. He's alright on the mic and will get better over time, and he's got all the charisma in the world. He's already shown some good ability, but there's a ton of untapped potential in the guy still. 10-15 years left for him.

Those guys are all entertainers for the future. Christian also may find his way back to WWE, so you may have him as well. There's also Brian Kendrick if he gets a chance, who has the all-around tools. If Cabana is able to escape the cutting block, he does as well. Carlito and Primo can be at least solid hands to keep around, and have charisma. If they stay with the company for the long term, they'll always be around at least to be part of a solid mid-card. If Kennedy ever resurfaces and can stay healthy, he's can have a big future. Jesse (without Festus) is young, talented in every way, and is a second generation star. Once he gets away from Festus (who works well with him as a team, but there's no upward mobility for them together), he can end up being something special. Elijah Burke, Miz, Morrison, and Evan Bourne.

And there will always be guys coming up. There's no need to worry about the future. The talent (on every level) is there. You just have to be patient. When Triple H, Michaels, Batista and Undertaker are gone, everybody gets to move up.

TjM
10-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Well Batista doesn't count for the 'future', because he's 147 years old. Cena, like him or hate him, is a gigantic star who sells crazy merch and the crowd always reacts to him loudly. He's got the 'it' quality and Vince has already selected him as the future be-all, end-all, so that's that on him. Orton was someone I despised, but since about a year ago, something changed about him, and now I believe him as a legitimate top star, which I always swore he would never be.

Cena - 31 years old. He's got at least 10 years left, so while he's the present already, he really is the future, and he's got it all -- if nowhere else -- in his heart to do this forever.

Orton - 28 years old. He has bad luck with injuries (though Cena does as well, but always comes back way early and healthier than ever). He's still not quite upper upper echelon, but he's almost there, and will be soon. And health allowing, he's got at least 10-15 years left as well.

Jeff Hardy - 31 years old, and can be around 7-10 more years depending on how he handles his drug problems. As crazy as he's been with his body, he's never really had a real bad injury, so he has that on his side. He's the absolute most over guy in WWE currently by a large margin. The live crowds love him, and his merch sells immensely.

Matt Hardy - 34 years old (yeah, shocks me too), but as long as he keeps his knee healthy, he'll be another guy who works well into his 40s. Like his brother, he isn't going to be lighting any fires with his mic skills, but the charisma is still there and he connects with the fans in an amazing way.

Edge - 35 years old. He's amazing, and I think we've only seen just a bit of what he can and will do in the future. 7-10 years left if he can stay healthy.

CM Punk - 30 years old. Great wrestler, great presence, great with the mic -- overall just a top tier guy who will eventually be given the ball and get to be a true main event star. Doesn't get hurt, keeps himself in great shape, and the business is immensely important to him. He'll be around at least 10 more years, and probably a good amount more.

MVP - 35 years old. Strong wrestler, great on the mic, great presence. Like Edge, if he can stay healthy, he's got 7-10 years left and he will be a top guy.

Rhodes & DiBiase - 23 and 25 respectively. They're young, raw talent who are both already strong on the mic and will get stronger. They're both extremely proficient in the ring, and with time they'll get even better. They both have probably close to 20 years left with WWE. I feel good about them for the future.

Kofi Kingston - 26 years old. He connects with the crowd very well, and was able to do so VERY quickly upon debuting with WWE. He's alright on the mic and will get better over time, and he's got all the charisma in the world. He's already shown some good ability, but there's a ton of untapped potential in the guy still. 10-15 years left for him.

Those guys are all entertainers for the future. Christian also may find his way back to WWE, so you may have him as well. There's also Brian Kendrick if he gets a chance, who has the all-around tools. If Cabana is able to escape the cutting block, he does as well. Carlito and Primo can be at least solid hands to keep around, and have charisma. If they stay with the company for the long term, they'll always be around at least to be part of a solid mid-card. If Kennedy ever resurfaces and can stay healthy, he's can have a big future. Jesse (without Festus) is young, talented in every way, and is a second generation star. Once he gets away from Festus (who works well with him as a team, but there's no upward mobility for them together), he can end up being something special. Elijah Burke, Miz, Morrison, and Evan Bourne.

And there will always be guys coming up. There's no need to worry about the future. The talent (on every level) is there. You just have to be patient. When Triple H, Michaels, Batista and Undertaker are gone, everybody gets to move up.

Why iisn't MVP getting a stonger push. I think the guy is the real deal and could be a legit Champ

cougarjake13
10-17-2008, 04:32 PM
had no idea mvp was already 35, kinda late to get in the game no ??

commish13
10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
He was in jail until he was around 27, and started wrestling only 6-7 years ago.

RingWraith
10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I've watched wrestling since the golden age (the late 80's) when I was a kid. Then I got bored of it during my teen years until the silver age (the late 90's) came along and I became a big fan again. IMO, '96 to the days of Austin/Rock era's ended was best time to be a wrestling fan.
Probably since '04, I lost interest more and more as the years go by. Now I just don't care about it anymore.
I do watch some of the old stuff on WWE 24/7 to remind me of the good ol' days of the Monday night wars. Ah the memories.

Heather 8
10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
had no idea mvp was already 35, kinda late to get in the game no ??

This gent would like a word with you.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/11/style/pro.2.190.jpg

Off his lawn, whippersnapper.

BillySolHarg
10-20-2008, 01:54 PM
C'mon...you should all know that MVP is too small to be a Champion according to McMahon-Levesque knowledge.

I'd even back up and say '92-01 was some pretty fine stuff. '92-95 for how rediculous it got (Doink, Repo Man, Waylon Mercy - all cult favourites, though) and 96-01 for wrestling all around up until Vince bought WCW.

After that I swear I only watched Smackdown - and that was for JBL's announcing. Now, kind of like a wife -- i just follow out of habit. :-\

conman823
10-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Now, kind of like a wife -- i just follow out of habit. :-\

I did too for awhile, then I really gave TNA a chance and saw it was a GROWING product. Not better but growing. Its not STALE.

Give TNA at least 2 months worth of watching, and I bet you forget all about RAW.

commish13
10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Give TNA at least 2 months worth of watching, and I bet you forget all about RAW.

Yeah, he'll forget about RAW because it'll make him swear off wrestling completely.

conman823
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, he'll forget about RAW because it'll make him swear off wrestling completely.

Really? Cause just watching WWE programing was making ME swear off Wrestling Completely. TNA gave me some hope at least.

commish13
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
You can't possibly be serious. TNA is unbelievably bad, and by the time I gave it up (2 or so months ago, maybe more), it was just spiraling further and further into absurdity. WWE, in the months that I've been away from TNA, has improved on a somewhat substantial level.

However I will be watching Impact this Thursday, because I want to see what kind of mess they can make. The first live Impact had a bunch of screw-ups, and it happened at a venue that they had been running live broadcasts on PPV for years. This week, it's at a venue they've never run, and they're going live on television and in HD for the first time. I expect multiple mistakes.

However if the product seems interesting, I'll watch it again next week, and so on. But as it was going, it was just getting worse and worse and dumber and more awful, and that's why I stopped watching. And that's after not missing a PPV or episode of Impact since TNA left the weekly PPV format. It went in waves, but since the summer of 2007 it's pretty much gone only downhill. And they continue to make the same mistakes over and over. Sting just won the World Title for the third year in a row at the "biggest PPV of the year", and the ratings are exactly the same as they were the first time. They got Christian, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley, etc... and the ratings have stayed exactly the same.

The bookers are fucking morons. They make the exact same mistakes year-in and year-out with the storylines, and then they make the exact same mistakes with talent. The show is bad, the wrestling is so far below what it should be, and Mick Foley has lost his mind if he thinks this is a company on the rise.

TNA is the purest form of shit in the pro-wrestling business.

BillySolHarg
10-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I did too for awhile, then I really gave TNA a chance and saw it was a GROWING product. Not better but growing. Its not STALE.

Well, right..it WAS a growing product. They've buried the x-division, defied all logic in their storylines - c'mon...why is Nash reciting an 80s Flair promo (where he 'turned' with his anti-Samoa Joe promo) word for word? That's not growing.

And I'm not hating on TNA just because it's easy to. I like other wrestling. Hell, I've watched the AWA and UWF reruns on ESPN CLASSIC more attently than TNA..

But with Foley in, Jarrett back, and a heel Nash that actually wrestles let's see if TNA can use their incredible financial and network backing to actually 'grow' and move forward over the next two months. Let's hope.

conman823
10-22-2008, 09:57 PM
You can't possibly be serious. TNA is unbelievably bad, and by the time I gave it up (2 or so months ago, maybe more), it was just spiraling further and further into absurdity. WWE, in the months that I've been away from TNA, has improved on a somewhat substantial level.

However I will be watching Impact this Thursday, because I want to see what kind of mess they can make. The first live Impact had a bunch of screw-ups, and it happened at a venue that they had been running live broadcasts on PPV for years. This week, it's at a venue they've never run, and they're going live on television and in HD for the first time. I expect multiple mistakes.

However if the product seems interesting, I'll watch it again next week, and so on. But as it was going, it was just getting worse and worse and dumber and more awful, and that's why I stopped watching. And that's after not missing a PPV or episode of Impact since TNA left the weekly PPV format. It went in waves, but since the summer of 2007 it's pretty much gone only downhill. And they continue to make the same mistakes over and over. Sting just won the World Title for the third year in a row at the "biggest PPV of the year", and the ratings are exactly the same as they were the first time. They got Christian, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley, etc... and the ratings have stayed exactly the same.

The bookers are fucking morons. They make the exact same mistakes year-in and year-out with the storylines, and then they make the exact same mistakes with talent. The show is bad, the wrestling is so far below what it should be, and Mick Foley has lost his mind if he thinks this is a company on the rise.

TNA is the purest form of shit in the pro-wrestling business.

Yes I am serious. As far as watching TNA Impact to see them FAIL I've done that with RAW in recent months also. (McMahons Millions; anytime Mike Adamle is on screen; anytime Randy Orton holds a mic). As far as consistantly going downhill, no one show has fallen father then RAW which is there flagship show.

And hands down the WORST writing and character development in whatever the fuck goes on at WWE writers meetings. Does TNA have its corny characters and awful point of writing? Yes they do. This isn't a TNA is perfect rant, its more of a "TNA is the lesser of 2 eveils" rant. We could eat up LOADS of posts and threads talking about Horrible Gimmicks, hey its part of being a fan. For every Stone Cold there are 10 Bastion Boogers, thats since the begining of time.

VINCE RUSSO MUST DIE. That is agreed upon by the entire IWC. Vince McMahon is out of touch. His DAUGHTER AND SON are even more arrogant, and I wait to watch the empire burn when Vince kicks the bucket. Both shows have there issues, I guess maybe for me TNA issues are new and exciting, where as RAW issues just make me shake my head and say "You should know better".

ECW on Sci-Fi, is the purest form of SHIT in professional wresting today. And that is a WWE product.

Well, right..it WAS a growing product. They've buried the x-division, defied all logic in their storylines - c'mon...why is Nash reciting an 80s Flair promo (where he 'turned' with his anti-Samoa Joe promo) word for word? That's not growing.

And I'm not hating on TNA just because it's easy to. I like other wrestling. Hell, I've watched the AWA and UWF reruns on ESPN CLASSIC more attently than TNA..

But with Foley in, Jarrett back, and a heel Nash that actually wrestles let's see if TNA can use their incredible financial and network backing to actually 'grow' and move forward over the next two months. Let's hope.

Nashs awful heel turn cracked me up! It was brilliant in all its Nash-ness. I went from, is this guy serious; to his is serious; to I laughed my ass off and the sheer BALLS of it all.

SpicyMcHaggis
10-23-2008, 04:23 AM
I'd like to see Bischoff try his hand at pro wrestling again. I had heard for the longest time that this CCW thing with Hogan was a way for him to start up an All Star wrestling organization consisting of basically all hall of famers.

commish13
10-23-2008, 06:18 AM
I don't see anything "new and exciting" about the TNA product. It's the same old bad storylines that have been used throughout the history of wrestling, just using characters with no development and shitty gimmicks, and with far inferior execution.

ECW on Sci-Fi, is the purest form of SHIT in professional wresting today. And that is a WWE product.

You must not ever watch the show, because for a long time now, ECW has pretty much been the show to watch. Every week they have at least one, and often 2, very, very strong wrestling matches, and no crap at all. It's an hour of straight-forward, pretty much no bullshit, wrestling. The show features a champion and a few guys who want his title who are all trying to earn a shot. And that's pretty much it. Nothing silly or dumb. Just guys who want the ECW title and wrestle and beat each other up in order to earn a shot.

Dougie Brootal
10-23-2008, 06:25 AM
I CAN NO LONGER STAND IDLY BY, WHILE YOU TRASH BASTION BOOGER!!!
http://www.wrestlingtradingcards.com/images/1994_wwf_action_packed/20.jpg
http://www.tractorbeam.dk/bastion%20booger1.jpg

The Nature Boy
10-25-2008, 12:10 PM
The only thing you missed in the last 5 years for my money was the whole build and eventual Flair retirement angle. The last real mark-out moments that I remember.

I guess what we can take from the Austin-Rock era as much as anything is, that both guys were there to play off each other and we saw the same with WWF vs. WCW and WCW vs. the nWo in other instances. A guy like Edge today would have been GREAT back then, but today, its almost like he's so strong on the mic and at generating heat that he gets lost in the shuffle.

I think the big problem is, the workers today look like Pat Paterson's rogue gallery of buff twinks. The big guys, the good looking guys, will always have a place and should have a place, but they are really disconnected visually from the fanbase. Do any fat guys wrestle anymore? Certainly no one near the top of the card. Are there any good monsters? Are they any guys coming up like Foley that they can relate to?

I think the whole thing is overwritten and these guys need to have more verbal freedom in promos to develop some personality. When you READ, its so apparent.

Sue_Bender
10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
The only thing you missed in the last 5 years for my money was the whole build and eventual Flair retirement angle. The last real mark-out moments that I remember.

I guess what we can take from the Austin-Rock era as much as anything is, that both guys were there to play off each other and we saw the same with WWF vs. WCW and WCW vs. the nWo in other instances. A guy like Edge today would have been GREAT back then, but today, its almost like he's so strong on the mic and at generating heat that he gets lost in the shuffle.

I think the big problem is, the workers today look like Pat Paterson's rogue gallery of buff twinks. The big guys, the good looking guys, will always have a place and should have a place, but they are really disconnected visually from the fanbase. Do any fat guys wrestle anymore? Certainly no one near the top of the card. Are there any good monsters? Are they any guys coming up like Foley that they can relate to?

I think the whole thing is overwritten and these guys need to have more verbal freedom in promos to develop some personality. When you READ, its so apparent.

Edge?! Really?!

No thank you.

cougarjake13
10-25-2008, 02:52 PM
edge is my favorite at the moment

i didnt like the whole vicki thing but overall im enjoying his main event status

Don Stugots
10-25-2008, 02:55 PM

i didnt like the whole vicki thing but overall im enjoying his main event status

me too. he is great in the ring and on the mic. he needs more people to work off of that are on his level.

also, if it wasnt that HHH has to be the main man in the WWE, edge could carry the company.

cougarjake13
10-25-2008, 03:19 PM
me too. he is great in the ring and on the mic. he needs more people to work off of that are on his level.

also, if it wasnt that HHH has to be the main man in the WWE, edge could carry the company.

i cant wait for the inevitable hhh-edge fued that should kick ass

conman823
10-26-2008, 01:25 AM
I don't see anything "new and exciting" about the TNA product. It's the same old bad storylines that have been used throughout the history of wrestling, just using characters with no development and shitty gimmicks, and with far inferior execution.

You must not ever watch the show, because for a long time now, ECW has pretty much been the show to watch. Every week they have at least one, and often 2, very, very strong wrestling matches, and no crap at all. It's an hour of straight-forward, pretty much no bullshit, wrestling. The show features a champion and a few guys who want his title who are all trying to earn a shot. And that's pretty much it. Nothing silly or dumb. Just guys who want the ECW title and wrestle and beat each other up in order to earn a shot.

Completely untrue about the characters with no development. In fact development has been better in the last 2 years or so.

See the thing with WWECW is just that....it isn't ECW. It should have been its own identity. I remember all too much of the old ECW and its a disgrace to the name.

Bottom line is I get excited over seeing a lot of the guys in action on TNA. Recently (by recently I means 2-3 years) I haven't felt that on RAW. Jericho and maybe JBL being the exception. RAW is just going through the motions week in and week out with no "fresh" ideas.

conman823
10-26-2008, 01:26 AM

Actually i agree, Edge is someone I look forward to seeing wrestle and work a mic.

celery
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
In the last 3 months I find myself downloading Raw at some point during the week to see the 2 minutes where Santino has the mic in his hands. Then I skim the rest of the show to make sure there's nothing new & exciting going on, which there never seems to be. Prior to that I hadn't sat down to watch Raw or SmackDown in 5+ years (with the exception of the Guerrero & Benoit tributes, and the Nature Boy farewell).

This man is the reason to watch Raw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAiBe7wzrkM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jAiBe7wzrkM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrcfFXr9M1c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrcfFXr9M1c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

conman823
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes Santino segments are great, now if they can only book the other 115 minutes of the show it might be worth watching.

The Nature Boy
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I do have to say, the past few weeks, this Jericho character is quite interesting. I really can't recall a character like it in wrestling history. Maybe a little Nick Bockwinckel mixed with Mankind. Its worth watching for Jericho's promos alone right now, but after that, the show sucks.

Hell, the guys can't even WORK anymore, very few of the young guys can put on a good match, but I could see Dibiase's kid doing something down the line work wise.

conman823
12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Really? I find Jerichos character a lot like JBLs which isn't even recent history. JBL of course plays it better. Whats up with the suits? WWE dress code is gay.

Jerichos contributions to this past year are now IMMEDIATELY overshadowed by Cenas return and (YAWN) Ortons un-historic comeback. Its shit and its happened to Jericho a lot over at WWE. I hope it isn't that way, but its looking like it.

cougarjake13
12-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Really? I find Jerichos character a lot like JBLs which isn't even recent history. JBL of course plays it better. Whats up with the suits? WWE dress code is gay.

Jerichos contributions to this past year are now IMMEDIATELY overshadowed by Cenas return and (YAWN) Ortons un-historic comeback. Its shit and its happened to Jericho a lot over at WWE. I hope it isn't that way, but its looking like it.

well he had a big return, 2 title runs( both small) and is still in the main event picture

which he wasnt for awhile before he left the last time

conman823
12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
His Big Return, the whole Save Us campaign was cool, but he went right into mid-Card glory after it. Orton was out, Cena was out/back/out again. HHH was shipped to Smackdown so it was like Him and Micheals were the only "draws" left. Which of course worked great, as its the only thing besides a Santino bit I can remember from 08.

Now that Orton and Cena are back they will work Jericho out over the next few months. Cena and Jericho just don't have the chemistry IMO to hold a good fued for a long time. If Orton wasn't such an inflated bag of talentless shit, I would like to see him and Jericho tear the house down once or twice.

DiBiase v. Jericho in 2009. Lets make it happen Steph, oh wait thats right your writing is shit.......sorry.

The Nature Boy
12-05-2008, 07:16 AM

Other than the suits, they are NOTHING alike????

JBL did that hybrid of a Dibiase and Rude humilation gimmick that was fairly paint by numbers and will be a gimmick that will ALWAYS be able to draw cheap heat if you can resonably pull off being the rich guy. Dibiase in the WWF himself being a watered down version of the mid 80's Flair character.

Jericho psychology wise is not far from Jake Roberts territory. Cold blooded, well motivated as far as why he hates Cena(its not just, I'll kick your butt because thats what i do, blah blah blah). To each their own, but in a roster full of vanilla, Jericho's a little flavor to me.

And this is from a guy who never enjoyed his WWE work(though the WCW and ECW stuff he did made you think he'd be as big as Rock and Austin). He's gone in a different direction now that I ever saw him going but I think its working big time.

cougarjake13
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
His Big Return, the whole Save Us campaign was cool, but he went right into mid-Card glory after it. Orton was out, Cena was out/back/out again. HHH was shipped to Smackdown so it was like Him and Micheals were the only "draws" left. Which of course worked great, as its the only thing besides a Santino bit I can remember from 08.

Now that Orton and Cena are back they will work Jericho out over the next few months. Cena and Jericho just don't have the chemistry IMO to hold a good fued for a long time. If Orton wasn't such an inflated bag of talentless shit, I would like to see him and Jericho tear the house down once or twice.

DiBiase v. Jericho in 2009. Lets make it happen Steph, oh wait thats right your writing is shit.......sorry.

well i guess they didnt want to just push him right into the main event picture but his fued with hbk was hardly mid card glory, it wasnt for a title but he wasnt fueding with snitsky

dibiase will get an ecw title run before anything else

its the new IC belt as the precursor to getting one of the 2 heavyweight titles