You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
Headlocked w/ Jerry Lawler cover ships on Wednesday Nov 5th! [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : Headlocked w/ Jerry Lawler cover ships on Wednesday Nov 5th!

Mike Kingston
11-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Headlocked: The Tryout #1, the highly anticipated follow up to the critically acclaimed Headlocked: Work of Art will be shipping and on shelves everywhere this WEDNESDAY!!!

This issue of course features the first published comic book art by WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler, as he supplies the fully painted cover for this issue!

This issue continues the story of Mike Hartmann's quest to become a professional wrestler as he tries out for a wrestling school run by legendary wrestler, Leo "The Legbreaker" London!

If your retailer did not order this issue, you can have them re-order it with this order code: AUG083662.

You will also be able to order it online at www.midtowncomics.com or directly through us at headlockedcomic@yahoo.com.

Mike Kingston
11-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Issue #2 ships this Wednesday. Check it out...

We are trying to use the book to help support indy wrestling a bit and get some indy guys some exposure.

SpicyMcHaggis
11-08-2008, 05:17 AM
I really liked the first one and I'm gonna try and order this one as well. It's a very unique concept. Hopefully your comic and the Mickey Rouke movie, "The Wrestler" could give some small change that leads to better things with people's idea of what wrestling's about.

Mike Kingston
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks...I appreciate the support. If you can't get it anywhere, you can get it directly from me.

Hope you like it!

Mike Kingston
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
The book got a nice little review from Aint It Cool News today....

www.aintitcool.com/node/39069

Sure, it might be fake and all a show, a soap opera on steroids with clothing that would make a drag queen blush, but there’s something cool about Professional Wrestling. Much like superhero comics, there are histories and origins at play in Professional Wrestling: bad guys and good guys; stories of morality, inspiration, and intrigue. Ever wonder what it takes to make it as one of the big name wrestlers? Well, this book answers all of your questions. Writer Michael Kingston does a nice job of following one would be wrestler with dreams of stardom as he sweats his way through wrestling try outs. It’s a fun twist on your typical underdog story, set to a backdrop that, whether you like it or not, is a major facet in entertainment these days. Randy Valiente does a capable job of making the odds seem tough and the characters gritty and real. Valiente shies away from overblown proportions, thankfully, and gives us a much more authentic version of what one needs to go through in order to be a Pro Wrestler. The artist also does a good job of drawing some pretty complicated wrestling moves with ease. If you like wrestling, this is a comic you’ll want to seek out.

SpicyMcHaggis
11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Nice job, Mike. Looking forward to future issues.

Mike Kingston
11-29-2008, 09:12 PM
www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/news/lawlercomicbook

Got a nice little writeup on the WWE website!

cougarjake13
11-30-2008, 07:13 AM
www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/news/lawlercomicbook

Got a nice little writeup on the WWE website!

nice job

Mike Kingston
12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
The final issue of the current three issue mini-series, Headlocked: The Tryout, is in stores now.

If by some chance anyone is interested in ordering the books, you can get them directly from my studio at headlockedcomic@yahoo.com or by PM'ing me here.

The books are 3 bucks apiece (cover price is 3.50) and shipping is 3 dollars.

We have a limited amount to ship so order them soon. We also have a VERY limited supply of the first book Headlocked: Work of Art, which is 4 dollars (48 pgs).