You must set the ad_network_ads.txt file to be writable (check file name as well).
"This One's For Jivin" - The Written Series. [Archive] - RonFez.net Messageboard

PDA

View Full Version : "This One's For Jivin" - The Written Series.

Brandon From Ohio.
11-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Episode 000 “Endgame” (Pilot)

Northern Canada:

The large hive literally hung in the desolate Arctic sky, shaking the rolling ice fields of Northern Canada. The Royal Canadian LAV III rushed across the icy landscape. A silver lance of energy flew from the hive, piercing the LAV III. Inside the vehicle, the very people whom the Canadians had sent up to act as a first line of defence against the hive were being boiled alive. The speeding LAV slowed, hitting a snow bank, and careening off of a cliff. The entire field, the hive, and the burning LAV all quickly turned to static.

“Fuck,” muttered CT, decked out in full military regalia, for no reason in particular. He was the liaison between the Grays and the ‘Allied Nations’ for the duration of the Crisis, which would be in a few hours, if all went well, “What was that, A-4 or A-5?”

“A-5,” said the officer manning the sensor suite, the human officer. CT took a moment to think this through, or at least appear to, CT really had not a fucking clue what he was doing, and he tried not to show it.

He stood up and strode over to the commanding Gray, “Minister T’For-To-Oh, the loss of unit A-5 is going to tighten our possible attack vectors…”

“Fuck, I fucking know the fucking facts, fuck,” replied Minister T “Dog” For-To-Oh, the commander of the Allied LEO Looking Glass . The Looking Glass was part of the two LEO taskforce assigned to taking on the Hive’s Earth Lander. The other ship, under the command of human Rick “McCrank” Sarasota, Red King was specially modified for the suicide run it was tasked with making.

“The King is at 950 metres,” the sensor officer said to the Minister and CT, “Commander Jivin reports that the Raider is ready to fire.”

“Well, fuck, tell the bastards to fire the fucking thing, so we can get the hell out of here,” responded Minister For-To-Oh.

The Raider was the Red King’s secret weapon; it was designed specifically to kill Hive dead. CT watched as humanity’s greatest hope fly true through the cold Canadian air, and strike the Hive directly.

CT looked in disbelief.

Nothing happened.

The missile, the Raider, should have pierce the hive, and while inside explode in a thermonuclear, microbiological, and chemical storm of cataclysmic proportions. Yet, the image of the battle was completely devoid of boom, “Where’s the kaboom, where’s the earth shattering kaboom?” CT murmured.

“I don’t know, the Hive is firing, the Raider is gonna blow!” the sensor officer shouted getting increasingly nervous.

CT called to the helm, “Bring us in, as the Allied Earth Ambassador, I order you, bring us in ,” CT said as he watched the Gray at the controls begin to move the Looking Glass closed to now expanding explosion, “Communications, contact the Red King, and Tell Rick McCrank to move the King closer, and to deploy Plan B.”

“Why are we moving in,” asked the SubMinister, “We have no offencive weapons to bear on that monster, and we just saw what the Raider did to it.”

“Simple, SubMinster, we are going to get as close as we can, and launch our Ospreys, and let the ANMC deal with the Hive, in fact. I will be heading to my Osprey now, good day.”

----------
So, what do you think, sirs?

Should I continue this little story, should I put more CT and Jivin listeners in, will Nick from Florida lead the pro-Hive Humans?
Find out, next time on "This One's For Jivin" - The Written Series.
If there will be a next time, that is.